1. #57101
    The Lightbringer Lady Atia's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Join Date
    Nov 2015
    Location
    The Rumour Tower
    Posts
    3,260
    Quote Originally Posted by Zulggun View Post
    Human having dimorphism is hating? Taurens having it is hating? Naga? Troll? Literally any race that has dimorphism is according to you a hating on nonbinary? Do you even comprehend how insane you sound?
    Where did I say that? You are the one who sounds insane my friend, and you are the one who continues to drag out that annoying discussion because you can't accept that Blizzard may be catering to something that's going against your views.

    The thing is, if Blizzard is adding a race without dimorphism for once and you are hating on them for not having dimorphism, that is exactly that - hating. It's like being angry if a tv series or game has characters that aren't white cis. The norm is already represented well enough everywhere else, it's about time the minorities also get some representation. And you sound like you are against that.
    Last edited by Lady Atia; 2022-05-25 at 02:18 PM.

    #TEAMGIRAFFE

  2. #57102
    Quote Originally Posted by huth View Post
    Because Human males are bodybuilders while Kul Tirans are weightlifters.
    If Kul could be paladins, it would be more main race!

  3. #57103
    The Lightbringer Lady Atia's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Join Date
    Nov 2015
    Location
    The Rumour Tower
    Posts
    3,260
    Quote Originally Posted by Soikona View Post
    If Kul could be paladins, it would be more main race!
    I'm quite sure we will see them eventually. It never made sense that they aren't honestly, they could have went with Tideguards being Paladins. Would you be ok if they would do a HD version of the classic paladin charger and gave a green version to Kul'Tirans (and a purple one to Void Elfs to mirror the Blood Elf charger)? Because that would be an easy way to do them instead of creating a 100% unique charger like the other recent Paladins got.

    #TEAMGIRAFFE

  4. #57104
    Quote Originally Posted by Lady Atia View Post
    Where did I say that? You are the one who sounds insane my friend, and you are the one who continues to drag out that annoying discussion because you can't accept that Blizzard may be catering to something that's going against your views.

    The thing is, if Blizzard is adding a race without dimorphism for once and you are hating on them for not having dimorphism, that is exactly that - hating. It's like being angry if a tv series or game has characters that aren't white cis. The norm is already represented well enough everywhere else, it's about time the minorities also get some representation. And you sound like you are against that.
    Again, as I said before I do tego give a shit if dracthyr have two or three or seventy genders. I just find it ridiculous and frankly quite insane that you react with such hatred to idea for them to have something more than one look. That's what it is. And again, you put biological genders and witch hunt into one sentence.

  5. #57105
    The Lightbringer Lady Atia's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Join Date
    Nov 2015
    Location
    The Rumour Tower
    Posts
    3,260
    Quote Originally Posted by Zulggun View Post
    Again, as I said before I do tego give a shit if dracthyr have two or three or seventy genders. I just find it ridiculous and frankly quite insane that you react with such hatred to idea for them to have something more than one look. That's what it is. And again, you put biological genders and witch hunt into one sentence.
    If you are ok with Blizzard representing more than the standard, including gender neutral stuff, there is a simple way to proof that. Say it. Please. If you do, I will apologise to you.

    Otherwise I'm done discussing with you and consider myself the winner with a moral highground.
    =) <3

    #TEAMGIRAFFE

  6. #57106
    Quote Originally Posted by Gigantique View Post
    Sure, yet they don't really look like shrunken down bipedal dragons though, not with that body shape. Dragons in WoW (and generally) don't have sexual dimorphism but they do that by having all of them look imposing and mighty, regardless of their sex. To me the Dracthyr does not look like a shrunk down bipedal version of a mighty dragon but like a straightened up dragonman given proper wings.

    As far as I've seen that's the problem for most that aren't on the extreme end. If dragons in WoW were slender af and more lithe/agile the Dracthyr would absolutely look like a bipedal version of them, but dragons are hulking behemoths regardless of sex. But I absolutely do not want any design removed, only options added, and nothing that makes them Draconid levels of gigabuff, but the Thunderbird edit is exactly what I would like for my Dracthyr to feel like it's a bipedal WoW dragon. The neck and jaw especially would go miles, but then the shoulders need to be broader for the neck/head not to look cartoonishly big in comparison etc etc
    Dragons in WoW are not actually that bulky compared to their size. The Dracthyr model is actually a fairly accurate representation of the Dragon model if you compare individual elements like shoulder width and such. The main difference is the torso to arms and legs ratio, as well as a lack of a keelbone in the breast.
    The world revamp dream will never die!

  7. #57107
    The Lightbringer Lady Atia's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Join Date
    Nov 2015
    Location
    The Rumour Tower
    Posts
    3,260
    Quote Originally Posted by Sondrelk View Post
    Dragons in WoW are not actually that bulky compared to their size. The Dracthyr model is actually a fairly accurate representation of the Dragon model if you compare individual elements like shoulder width and such. The main difference is the torso to arms and legs ratio, as well as a lack of a keelbone in the breast.
    Yeah, especially the classic drake mounts we all use and love are super spindly imo.

    #TEAMGIRAFFE

  8. #57108
    Quote Originally Posted by Zulggun View Post
    Again, as I said before I do tego give a shit if dracthyr have two or three or seventy genders. I just find it ridiculous and frankly quite insane that you react with such hatred to idea for them to have something more than one look. That's what it is. And again, you put biological genders and witch hunt into one sentence.
    Doesn't look like you don't give a shit judging by your comments

    And yeah, the vitriol people receive for even daring to say that it would be cool if a race only had one gender so non-binary people would have some representation makes the comparison to the witch hunts quite apt.

    Then again, the WoW community and especially in here is just a cesspool when it comes to anything that's not straight and white though

  9. #57109
    Quote Originally Posted by Lady Atia View Post
    I'm quite sure we will see them eventually. It never made sense that they aren't honestly, they could have went with Tideguards being Paladins. Would you be ok if they would do a HD version of the classic paladin charger and gave a green version to Kul'Tirans (and a purple one to Void Elfs to mirror the Blood Elf charger)? Because that would be an easy way to do them instead of creating a 100% unique charger like the other recent Paladins got.
    I only use roflcopter mount, so it’s more so the fact that I want to use my CM set with it.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Makorus View Post
    Doesn't look like you don't give a shit judging by your comments

    And yeah, the vitriol people receive for even daring to say that it would be cool if a race only had one gender so non-binary people would have some representation makes the comparison to the witch hunts quite apt.

    Then again, the WoW community and especially in here is just a cesspool when it comes to anything that's not straight and white though
    That is extremely unfair and dismissive, and literally part of the problem. If someone that is the opposite of what you mentioned, was treated in such a manner, it would be an uproar. Treat others how you want to be treated.

  10. #57110
    Void Lord Aeluron Lightsong's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    In some Sanctuaryesque place or a Haven
    Posts
    44,683
    Quote Originally Posted by Makorus View Post
    Doesn't look like you don't give a shit judging by your comments

    And yeah, the vitriol people receive for even daring to say that it would be cool if a race only had one gender so non-binary people would have some representation makes the comparison to the witch hunts quite apt.

    Then again, the WoW community and especially in here is just a cesspool when it comes to anything that's not straight and white though

    Disagree I think said person was just trying to say don't need to be so anal about sexual dimorphism.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

    Warrior-Magi

  11. #57111
    The Lightbringer Lady Atia's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Join Date
    Nov 2015
    Location
    The Rumour Tower
    Posts
    3,260
    Quote Originally Posted by Soikona View Post
    I only use roflcopter mount, so it’s more so the fact that I want to use my CM set with it.
    Yeah, sadly Paladins, together with DH's, Shamans and Druids need atleast some art done in order to make them available for every race. I'm wondering if they could make a placeholder compromise to give them out quicker - like having generic HD class stuff until they come around to make the unique ones? In the end, all Paladins/Shamans/DH's/Druids would get some cool new generic stuff aswell as the option to play every race with a promise of an update later on. I'm just not sure if Blizzard would be happy with that, see the "Housing with just Orc/Human assets wouldn't be the standard we would like to have" quote from Ion.

    #TEAMGIRAFFE

  12. #57112
    Pandaren Monk AngerFork's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Right behind you!
    Posts
    1,757
    Quote Originally Posted by Gigantique View Post
    Sure, yet they don't really look like shrunken down bipedal dragons though, not with that body shape. Dragons in WoW (and generally) don't have sexual dimorphism but they do that by having all of them look imposing and mighty, regardless of their sex. To me the Dracthyr does not look like a shrunk down bipedal version of a mighty dragon but like a straightened up dragonman given proper wings.

    As far as I've seen that's the problem for most that aren't on the extreme end. If dragons in WoW were slender af and more lithe/agile the Dracthyr would absolutely look like a bipedal version of them, but dragons are hulking behemoths regardless of sex. But I absolutely do not want any design removed, only options added, and nothing that makes them Draconid levels of gigabuff, but the Thunderbird edit is exactly what I would like for my Dracthyr to feel like it's a bipedal WoW dragon. The neck and jaw especially would go miles, but then the shoulders need to be broader for the neck/head not to look cartoonishly big in comparison etc etc
    While I have no intention to get into the dimorphism aspect of this discussion, I feel like it's important to remember what we've heard about the Dracthyr when considering how they would look. Per Wowpedia, they were "who combined the essence of dragons with the adaptability of the mortal races to create a race of ideal soldiers." (Source: https://wowpedia.fandom.com/wiki/Dracthyr)

    When I see phrasing like that, it sounds to me like they aren't meant to be bipedal dragons, they are meant to be a proper mix between dragons & mortal races. To truly have the adaptability of the mortal races, you'd want a body that can work best in all situations. The Thunderbird edit looks stronger & bulkier, but when I think about how it would fare in a lot of potential combat situations vs. the Dracthyr body we've seen, I feel like the current model would work better for most situations. It's slimmer & a bit more aerodynamic, so it would in theory seem to be a faster swimmer. Without the extra size, it's not going to have the same amount of wind hitting it in flight, so it's likely to fly faster. It doesn't look as heavy, so things like stealth would be easier. It likely wouldn't have the same strength for hand to hand combat, but given that most of the abilities are ranged as is & there isn't really a hand-to-hand combat class with the Dracthyr, that's not as big an issue as it may initially seem.

    The body they have really isn't a bipedal dragon so much as an adaptable body infused with the powers of all dragonflights.

  13. #57113
    Quote Originally Posted by Makorus View Post
    Doesn't look like you don't give a shit judging by your comments

    And yeah, the vitriol people receive for even daring to say that it would be cool if a race only had one gender so non-binary people would have some representation makes the comparison to the witch hunts quite apt.

    Then again, the WoW community and especially in here is just a cesspool when it comes to anything that's not straight and white though
    It's like you didn't even read the beginning of the discussion. Or maybe just don't want to understand what I'm getting at. But hey, that makes two of you and you seem to like pretending you are being attacked.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron Lightsong View Post
    Disagree I think said person was just trying to say don't need to be so anal about sexual dimorphism.
    Thank you, at least one rational voice here.

  14. #57114
    Herald of the Titans Nightshade711's Avatar
    1+ Year Old Account
    Join Date
    Feb 2022
    Location
    K’aresh
    Posts
    2,576
    Quote Originally Posted by Lahis View Post
    Posture is not body type.

    Dracthyr have only one dragon form. Only visage form is gendered.
    Both of those still show that it’s very easy for blizzard to add more body type options,

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Lady Atia View Post
    Again, dragons don't have differences between genders in their dragon form. I would be so mad if they would turn the awesome dracthyr into another "manly buffed ape-race".
    Are you trying to say women can’t be muscular even in a fantasy setting?
    You can keep them ‘gender neutral’ and have varying body type options not restricted to male/female.

    There’s nothing wrong with adding options.
    Last edited by Nightshade711; 2022-05-25 at 03:00 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    Chen isn't a Monk

  15. #57115
    Quote Originally Posted by Nightshade711 View Post
    Both of those still show that it’s very easy for blizzard to add more body type options,
    They've never done this before. All races have zero body type options.

  16. #57116
    The Lightbringer Lady Atia's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Join Date
    Nov 2015
    Location
    The Rumour Tower
    Posts
    3,260
    Quote Originally Posted by Nightshade711 View Post
    Both of those still show that it’s very easy for blizzard to add more body type options,

    - - - Updated - - -


    Are you trying to say women can’t be muscular even in a fantasy setting?
    You can keep them ‘gender neutral’ and have varying body type options.

    There’s nothing wrong with adding options.
    No, I say that dragons in WoW have no muscular differences between genders. A female dragon is as buffed as a male one.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Ersula View Post
    They've never done this before. All races have zero body type options.
    That's true too. If they can't even be arsed to do different body types for Kul Tirans, something that actually would make sense lorewise and was asked by the community, why should they make different body types for Dracthyr although it makes no sense in relation to other drakes and dragons in WoW.

    #TEAMGIRAFFE

  17. #57117
    People really wanting sexual dimorphism for dracs?

    Lol no...

    Dragons, across all media have always had little to no sexual dimorphism and wow is no different.

    It's fine that dracs themselves look the same across males and females. At least the visage form shows it.

    Normally I'm against all this woke gender politics bullshit, but if this new race sates what the woke crowd craves for representation then I'm actually for it ONLY BECAUSE it makes sense in this form.

  18. #57118
    The Insane Raetary's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Location
    Base Camp
    Posts
    18,999
    Quote Originally Posted by Lady Atia View Post
    No, I say that dragons in WoW have no muscular differences between genders. A female dragon is as buffed as a male one.
    Precisely, so what exactly is the issue with adding a slightly bulkier option?

    Why does the model NEED to be lean and lanky?


    Formerly known as Arafal

  19. #57119
    Herald of the Titans Nightshade711's Avatar
    1+ Year Old Account
    Join Date
    Feb 2022
    Location
    K’aresh
    Posts
    2,576
    Quote Originally Posted by Lady Atia View Post
    No, I say that dragons in WoW have no muscular differences between genders. A female dragon is as buffed as a male one.
    Yes because those are dragons, and they’re massive to begin with.
    Very different than a humanoid hybrids described as being “ideal soldiers”.

    Kind of weird for an “ideal soldier” to have little to no muscle mass, if they’re silenced they’re pretty much screwed.


    That's true too. If they can't even be arsed to do different body types for Kul Tirans, something that actually would make sense lorewise and was asked by the community, why should they make different body types for Dracthyr although it makes no sense in relation to other drakes and dragons in WoW.
    Luckily for us they’ve already confirmed them adding more torso/body options for the Dracthyr including a ‘slightly bulkier’ option.

    However we still haven’t seen them, so still hoping for something akin to Thunderbrush’s edits.
    Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    Chen isn't a Monk

  20. #57120
    The Insane Raetary's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Location
    Base Camp
    Posts
    18,999
    Quote Originally Posted by Ersula View Post
    They've never done this before.
    They have never done a race before that could not show some of its worn gear either.

    Then it happened.
    Twice.

    I doubt it would be much of a problem for Blizzard to add a bulkier model option when 1) they said they would and 2) the model only shows 3 items rather than the full 9.


    Formerly known as Arafal

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •