1. #57281
    Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron Lightsong View Post
    I doubt Anduin is going to be in the Maw for long, more likely he will get told off by Sylvanas.
    I just don't get why he needs to be there at all. Unless it's literally just to have him give her a cheeky smack on the bum to get going it really doesnt add much to the story at all. Even considering Anduins nobility and all that, Sylvanas is literally the person who did everything to him, she is the direct cause of pretty much all the suffering on Azeroth, to the Alliance, and to him since the beginning of BfA.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by wowrefugee View Post
    Differently. More experienced dataminers have looked at the updated icons/ID that I mentioned and werent able to figure it out, but did discover the ID was previously tied to toys. But it is in the armor table. So who knows. Will just have to wait to 9.2.5 to see what comes of it.
    Isnt there just a regular ensemble chest item you get if the character is a Belf Paladin, or am I just imagining having seen that?
    The world revamp dream will never die!

  2. #57282
    Quote Originally Posted by Sondrelk View Post
    I just don't get why he needs to be there at all. Unless it's literally just to have him give her a cheeky smack on the bum to get going it really doesnt add much to the story at all. Even considering Anduins nobility and all that, Sylvanas is literally the person who did everything to him, she is the direct cause of pretty much all the suffering on Azeroth, to the Alliance, and to him since the beginning of BfA.

    - - - Updated - - -



    Isnt there just a regular ensemble chest item you get if the character is a Belf Paladin, or am I just imagining having seen that?
    Yeah, there is.



    looks like this.

  3. #57283
    The Lightbringer Lady Atia's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Join Date
    Nov 2015
    Location
    The Rumour Tower
    Posts
    3,266
    Quote Originally Posted by Sondrelk View Post
    I just don't get why he needs to be there at all. Unless it's literally just to have him give her a cheeky smack on the bum to get going it really doesnt add much to the story at all. Even considering Anduins nobility and all that, Sylvanas is literally the person who did everything to him, she is the direct cause of pretty much all the suffering on Azeroth, to the Alliance, and to him since the beginning of BfA.

    - - - Updated - - -



    Isnt there just a regular ensemble chest item you get if the character is a Belf Paladin, or am I just imagining having seen that?
    I can see them using the "time works differently in the maw" rule to age Anduin up so once we get him, Sylvanas and Nathanos back he will just look like in that one comic. Basically the same thing they did with Turalyon.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by wowrefugee View Post
    Yeah, there is.


    looks like this.
    Cool, so it would make sense to have a dark ranger set work exactly the same way?

    #TEAMGIRAFFE

  4. #57284
    Void Lord Aeluron Lightsong's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    In some Sanctuaryesque place or a Haven
    Posts
    44,683
    Nah, I think they are just keeping Anduin "occupied" until the Light V Void conflict gets interesting again. Which is what I'm afraid of(Not the theme mostly how its executed >.>). There's a reason Turalyon is on the throne and not just cause he's trusted within the Alliance.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

    Warrior-Magi

  5. #57285
    The Lightbringer Lady Atia's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Join Date
    Nov 2015
    Location
    The Rumour Tower
    Posts
    3,266
    Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron Lightsong View Post
    Nah, I think they are just keeping Anduin "occupied" until the Light V Void conflict gets interesting again. Which is what I'm afraid of(Not the theme mostly how its executed >.>). There's a reason Turalyon is on the throne and not just cause he's trusted within the Alliance.
    Well, we haven't seen what an expansion made only by NewBlizzard looks so I wouldn't be worried too much (yet). Dragonflight will show what Danuser and co can do without the touch of Afrasiabi on it. But yeah, a Light vs Void expansion on the level of BfA would suck as much as GoT's last season (did they ever fully aired it? I can't really remember it all that much for some weird reason ...).

    #TEAMGIRAFFE

  6. #57286
    Quote Originally Posted by Lady Atia View Post
    I can see them using the "time works differently in the maw" rule to age Anduin up so once we get him, Sylvanas and Nathanos back he will just look like in that one comic. Basically the same thing they did with Turalyon.

    - - - Updated - - -



    Cool, so it would make sense to have a dark ranger set work exactly the same way?
    Sure, but what I found doesn't really point to that. It's got unique properties that are puzzling.

    Here's some tweets about it:

    https://twitter.com/Portergauge/stat...31651799035904
    https://twitter.com/keyboardturn/sta...71218317381634

  7. #57287
    Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron Lightsong View Post
    Nah, I think they are just keeping Anduin "occupied" until the Light V Void conflict gets interesting again. Which is what I'm afraid of(Not the theme mostly how its executed >.>). There's a reason Turalyon is on the throne and not just cause he's trusted within the Alliance.
    Maybe they're going to end up keeping one character associated with each cosmic force "on ice" until the seventh force shows up and is inevitably super-ultra-evil.
    It became clear that it wasn’t realistic to try to get the audience back to being more hardcore, as it had been in the past. -- Tom Chilton

  8. #57288
    Quote Originally Posted by wowrefugee View Post
    Nothing of note.

    This is everything I've found since I started:
    Doesn't one mount being a horse, and the other being a cat just basically confirm Dark Rangers? Its exactly what the elves would use for horde and alliance respectively. So the quest(s) probably reward an undead horse and nightsaber.

    So they're giving out an armor set, customization, mounts and maybe a title/eye glows to larp as a dead elf, but aren't making it an AR... I find that odd, but maybe its because of pushback on the "skin color" ARs?

    Could you also post the "interesting elf logo"
    Last edited by Cheezits; 2022-05-26 at 10:49 PM.

  9. #57289
    The Lightbringer Lady Atia's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Join Date
    Nov 2015
    Location
    The Rumour Tower
    Posts
    3,266
    Quote Originally Posted by Cheezits View Post
    Doesn't one mount being a horse, and the other being a cat just basically confirm Dark Rangers? Its exactly what the elves would use for horde and alliance respectively.

    So they're giving out an armor set, customization, mounts and maybe a title/eye glows to larp as a dead elf, but aren't making it an AR... I find that odd, but maybe its because of pushback on the "skin color" ARs?
    Well, they also didn't make Wildhammer Dwarves or Sand Trolls an Allied Race afterall. I would be totally fine with customization options anyways, especially as I would like to use blue eyes like Sylvanas now instead of the red ones if possible.

    #TEAMGIRAFFE

  10. #57290
    Quote Originally Posted by Cheezits View Post
    Doesn't one mount being a horse, and the other being a cat just basically confirm Dark Rangers? Its exactly what the elves would use for horde and alliance respectively.

    So they're giving out an armor set, customization, mounts and maybe eye glows to larp as a dead elf, but aren't making it an AR... I find that odd, but maybe its because of pushback on the "skin color" ARs?
    Not necessarily. That is my hopium, though.

    The claw footprints are used for a lot of mounts of all species. Not just cats or cat-adjacent things.

    The horse prints do seem to only be used for horses, though I didn't dig too deep to confirm.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Cheezits View Post
    Could you also post the "interesting elf logo"





    I'm pretty sure these are from the encrypted armor set. These were unencrypted, are tagged as "Armupper" (so only part of a set), but among the same file id range as the encrypted armor files.

    We had a user point out it's quite similar to the blood elf and void elf logos, but doesnt quite match either of them.

    Last edited by wowrefugee; 2022-05-26 at 11:00 PM.

  11. #57291
    The Lightbringer Lady Atia's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Join Date
    Nov 2015
    Location
    The Rumour Tower
    Posts
    3,266
    Quote Originally Posted by wowrefugee View Post
    Not necessarily. That is my hopium, though.

    The claw footprints are used for a lot of mounts of all species. Not just cats or cat-adjacent things.

    The horse prints do seem to only be used for horses, though I didn't dig too deep to confirm.

    - - - Updated - - -








    I'm pretty sure these are from the encrypted armor set. These were unencrypted, are tagged as "Armupper" (so only part of a set), but among the same file id range as the encrypted armor files.

    We had a user point out it's quite similar to the blood elf and void elf logos, but doesnt quite match either of them.
    I guess the horse would be another HD undead one? About time tbh. And the wrist looks like from an Alextrasza cosplay, so that's what I'm currently hoping for!

    #TEAMGIRAFFE

  12. #57292
    Quote Originally Posted by Cheezits View Post
    Doesn't one mount being a horse, and the other being a cat just basically confirm Dark Rangers? Its exactly what the elves would use for horde and alliance respectively. So the quest(s) probably reward an undead horse and nightsaber.

    So they're giving out an armor set, customization, mounts and maybe a title/eye glows to larp as a dead elf, but aren't making it an AR... I find that odd, but maybe its because of pushback on the "skin color" ARs?

    Could you also post the "interesting elf logo"
    Darkfallen as an AR would be extremely limited in scope is the thing. The current fantasy behind it really only supports hunters and rogues, with Warriors just about being acceptable within canon based on what we have seen, and an AR with only three classes would be dumb.

    A Darkfallen customization option is far better. All you really lose out on is a dedicated Heritage set, but if you get a Dark Ranger transmog set then that is basically the same thing as far as playing as one of Sylvanas' followers goes.
    The world revamp dream will never die!

  13. #57293
    The Insane Raetary's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Location
    Base Camp
    Posts
    19,001
    Quote Originally Posted by Makabreska View Post
    This is one of the minor plot holes that just happens. If she had help, the punishment would be shorter. and would lessen it's gravity. Plus she is hardcore disliked among all Covs.
    It's not a minor plot hole, it's a pretty glaring issue.


    Formerly known as Arafal

  14. #57294
    Void Lord Aeluron Lightsong's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    In some Sanctuaryesque place or a Haven
    Posts
    44,683
    Not really, its pretty obvious the covanents will become aware of Sylvanas sending all the Maw damned souls back to Oribos to be judged, we just don't see it.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

    Warrior-Magi

  15. #57295
    Quote Originally Posted by Sondrelk View Post
    Darkfallen as an AR would be extremely limited in scope is the thing. The current fantasy behind it really only supports hunters and rogues, with Warriors just about being acceptable within canon based on what we have seen, and an AR with only three classes would be dumb.

    A Darkfallen customization option is far better. All you really lose out on is a dedicated Heritage set, but if you get a Dark Ranger transmog set then that is basically the same thing as far as playing as one of Sylvanas' followers goes.

    I dunno, I feel like thematically and lore wise void elves arent too different from Darkfallen in this context.. They could just access to the same classes.

  16. #57296
    Quote Originally Posted by Sondrelk View Post
    Darkfallen as an AR would be extremely limited in scope is the thing. The current fantasy behind it really only supports hunters and rogues, with Warriors just about being acceptable within canon based on what we have seen, and an AR with only three classes would be dumb.

    A Darkfallen customization option is far better. All you really lose out on is a dedicated Heritage set, but if you get a Dark Ranger transmog set then that is basically the same thing as far as playing as one of Sylvanas' followers goes.
    But it wouldn't just be Dark Rangers: That was the point of establishing the Sanlayn & Dark Rangers are the same race. And we already know they wanted to join the horde. We saw Sanlayn warriors & casters in Northrend so that pretty much covers all the general elf/forsaken classes.

  17. #57297
    Quote Originally Posted by wowrefugee View Post
    I dunno, I feel like thematically and lore wise void elves arent too different from Darkfallen in this context.. They could just access to the same classes.
    It makes sense if you consider Void Elves as the worgen Allied Race analogue instead of the Night Elf one, given they've got thematic connections (Altered forever by a corruptive cosmic force that they've decided to try and control) with each other. That leaves the Darkfallen on each faction as the Night Elf and Forsaken Allied Races.
    It became clear that it wasn’t realistic to try to get the audience back to being more hardcore, as it had been in the past. -- Tom Chilton

  18. #57298
    I imagine these would be the skins that would become available to Night Elf and Blood Elf Hunters, considering the Dark Ranger quest is both Alliance and Horde.

    These skins are already in the game, so I imagine it's just a matter of enabling them and making some token quest for players to get them.



    No chance it's Darkfallen as a whole ass Allied Race though lol. It's another Night Warrior type customization unlock if anything.

  19. #57299
    Quote Originally Posted by Ersula View Post
    But it wouldn't just be Dark Rangers: That was the point of establishing the Sanlayn & Dark Rangers are the same race. And we already know they wanted to join the horde. We saw Sanlayn warriors & casters in Northrend so that pretty much covers all the general elf/forsaken classes.
    You mean how they tried to join the Horde, then turned on them the moment things didn't go their way brutally, betraying the Forsaken and admitting to feeding on them?
    That's... not really the best point to be making.

    If we're gonna be talking about the in-game scenarios, we going to discuss how Vorath was using Void in his new encounter?

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by choom View Post
    I imagine these would be the skins that would become available to Night Elf and Blood Elf Hunters, considering the Dark Ranger quest is both Alliance and Horde.

    These skins are already in the game, so I imagine it's just a matter of enabling them and making some token quest for players to get them.



    No chance it's Darkfallen as a whole ass Allied Race though lol. It's another Night Warrior type customization unlock if anything.
    This is what it's looking like more and more, especially with the set that was datamined.

    Sucks for Night Elves though; they never really asked for that. The red eyes at least allows them to potentially play a Nightmare druid though, if it's not class restricted? Been wanting that for years now.

    Also, does anybody know if the set is race restricted? I have a void elf hunter that needs more black mog.

  20. #57300
    Quote Originally Posted by Schwert View Post
    You mean how they tried to join the Horde, then turned on them the moment things didn't go their way brutally, betraying the Forsaken and admitting to feeding on them?
    That's... not really the best point to be making.

    If we're gonna be talking about the in-game scenarios, we going to discuss how Vorath was using Void in his new encounter?

    - - - Updated - - -



    This is what it's looking like more and more, especially with the set that was datamined.

    Sucks for Night Elves though; they never really asked for that. The red eyes at least allows them to potentially play a Nightmare druid though, if it's not class restricted? Been wanting that for years now.

    Also, does anybody know if the set is race restricted? I have a void elf hunter that needs more black mog.
    It will probably be Hunter only customization.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •