Quote Originally Posted by Varodoc View Post
    It seems like the Darkfallen elves, unlike the Void elves or Nightborne elves, were not deemed important and influential enough to take up a race slot on the screen.

All is as it should be.
    lmao, look, I love void elves too, but to pretend they weren't just created in 1 patch out of thin air and are "important" and "influential" is a bit much. Maybe in the future Blizz will give them some story and spotlight.

Quote Originally Posted by wowrefugee View Post
    Yes, thank god its just less content!

But I can live with customization. Sweet.
    We don't need more elves.

lmao, look, I love void elves too, but to pretend they weren't just created in 1 patch out of thin air and are "important" and "influential" is a bit much. Maybe in the future Blizz will give them some story and spotlight.
    Dark Ranger class in 2032 for Humans, Blood Elves & Night Elves.

Quote Originally Posted by Blayze View Post
    I mean, this is always the way, isn't it? We speculate ourselves round and round in circles, but it always turns out to be the least interesting possibility.
    Least interesting is if there was no Dark Ranger customization stuff period.

Quote Originally Posted by Gurkan View Post
    We don't need more elves.
    But we did get more elf customization

5+ Year Old Account
    Krokul Broken > Void elves any day.

And yet, they are an allied race.

Darkfallen elves aren't.

It's interesting, it seems Blizzard simply decided that they do not deserve to be counted as a separate race, gameplay-wise.

Even Fat Humans got that privilege... it's interesting that Darkfallen elves, like the popular and beloved Sylvanas, didn't...

And so naturally what this means is that they won't get their own racial abilities, for example.

Quote Originally Posted by Merryck View Post
    Krokul Broken > Void elves any day.
    yeah, it was such an obvious choice too. Broken have been around forever.

Darkfallen elves aren't.

It's interesting, it seems Blizzard simply decided that they do not deserve to be counted as a separate race, gameplay-wise.

Even Fat Humans got that privilege... it's interesting that Darkfallen elves, like the popular and beloved Sylvanas, didn't...
    This isn't entirely directed at you, but in the month I've been apart of mmo-champion and the official forums, I find the drama and pettiness between all the different elf fandoms really fucking weird.

Why do the existence of other elves bother you lot? It's just a pathetic fight between void elf, high elf, sanlayn, and night elf fans.

10+ Year Old Account
    This isn't entirely directed at you, but in the month I've been apart of mmo-champion and the official forums, I find the drama and pettiness between all the different elf fandoms really fucking weird.

Why do the existence of other elves bother you lot? It's just a pathetic fight between void elf, high elf, sanlayn, and night elf fans.
    Dont engage, just ignore and move on.

Defensive, much?

I'm just wondering why Blizzard didn't make them an allied race like Fat Humans, why so defensive?

If anything, that would have been the natural route to take.

Quote Originally Posted by Greyfang View Post
    Dont engage, just ignore and move on.
    I apprciate it, but I'll just leave once the patch is live. I came back for Dragonflight, stayed for allied race speculation and various datamining.

But the WoW community outside of the game on forums and twitter is just absolute garbage.

https://www.wowhead.com/news/tyrande...poilers-327219

Hmm. Without context is this saying the souls are becoming a tree? (lame) or is this the alliance version of the Dark Ranger customization? Like we aren't getting a new tree & instead the Night Elves who died in Teldrassil are returning to life as Dark Rangers?
    Them cementing that Sylvanas & Darkfallen are blood elves just means there's always going to be more of them than void elves. :P
    Last edited by Ersula; 2022-06-01 at 12:32 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ersula View Post

Hmm. Without context is this saying the souls are becoming a tree? (lame) or is this the alliance version of the Dark Ranger customization? Like we aren't getting a new tree & instead the Night Elves who died in Teldrassil are returning to life as Dark Rangers?
    Ne souls reborn as faun allied race let's go!

7+ Year Old Account

Darkfallen elves aren't.

And so naturally what this means is that they won't get their own racial abilities, for example.
    Who cares about racials?! Customizations are the only important part, and we finally got them. Also general community consens was that most of the allied races should have been just customization options in the first place, hence we got that for Wildhammer Dwarfes, Sand Trolls and now Darkfallen.

Oh and I hate it to break it to you, but Void Elves are basically High Elves these days thanks to Shadowlands.

Anyways, I'm sooo happy right now!

#TEAMGIRAFFE

Knight of the Astral Star Local Ardenweald Faerie's Avatar
    1+ Year Old Account
    *pops head in*

Dark Rangers are undoubtedly deserved, but c'mon, other races exist Blizzard!

Quote Originally Posted by Knight of the Astral Star View Post
    *pops head in*

Dark Rangers are undoubtedly deserved, but c'mon, other races exist Blizzard!
    *looks at tuskarr* a man can dream, can't he? a man can dream.

10+ Year Old Account
    I apprciate it, but I'll just leave once the patch is live. I came back for Dragonflight, stayed for allied race speculation and various datamining.

But the WoW community outside of the game on forums and twitter is just absolute garbage.
    Yeah I get it. I find this particular thread to be mostly civil, with some very clear exceptions which can be ignored for one's own mental sanity.

Quote Originally Posted by Ersula View Post

Considering how many people complained about the idea of the Nelves living on Hyjal or squatting in Dire Maul (besides that one weird Highborne guy on here) I think the tease of a new world tree will be seen as pretty cool for a lot of people.

The Dark Ranger customization applies to multiple elves so that will be why Dark Ranger Night Elves are a thing (and have been since BFA)

I'm still hoping its not just Hunters. Also this is the weirder route because it means we're going to have undead elves with holy eyes & non-undead elves with red eyes.