1. #57461
    I do hope Anduin comes back in Dragonflight, mainly so he can interact with Wrathion. And no, not because I am shipping them. I just think they have great chemistry and also that Wrathion will need advice during Dragonflight and Anduin is one of the people he could trust to give him honest advice.
    I think that we may see the Dragonflights making a decision to not create any new Aspects (democratize their power) but rather disperse the gift of the Titans among the entire flights. We have two flights with no proper Aspect and let's face it, I think Nozdormu is not likely to survive this xpac.
    From what I've seen (haven't had a chance to do it yet) the Lordaeron questline is solid. As most fans here seemed to agree, we are getting the Desolate Council back and we are getting Belmont and Faranell on it. Calia is just one among them, Voss had a satisfying arc in BfA so that her getting a place there makes sense (even though how that arc started still makes little sense). Velonara is there to give the Dark Ranger concept a continuation (and her split with Sylvanas helps).
    Last edited by Nymrohd; 2022-06-01 at 09:46 AM.

  2. #57462
    Quote Originally Posted by Lady Atia View Post
    No they shouldn't - they already said they wanna open up all classes to all races, so this is a great start for that.

    Loved the Lordaeron questline, it was truly worth the wait. They even included the BfA pre-event bat as I wanted them to! <3

    Just wish they would make the red eyes and undead skin tone seperatly in order to make blue eyes like Sylvanas together with a undead skin tone (or yellow eyes for undead paladins) but that's a minor issue. I'm super happy with the patch so far.
    IMO, having undead Night Elves druids or undead Blood Elves paladins doesn't make much sense, but well. Also, it feels that adding the red eyes for the Void Elves "cheapens" it... but what is clear is that now they don't have excuses (from a lore pop at least) for not opening every class to every race.

  3. #57463
    The Lightbringer Lady Atia's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Join Date
    Nov 2015
    Location
    The Rumour Tower
    Posts
    3,547
    Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    I do hope Anduin comes back in Dragonflight, mainly so he can interact with Wrathion. And no, not because I am shipping them. I just think they have great chemistry and also that Wrathion will need advice during Dragonflight and Anduin is one of the people he could trust to give him honest advice.
    I think that we may see the Dragonflights making a decision to not create any new Aspects (democratize their power) but rather disperse the gift of the Titans among the entire flights. We have two flights with no proper Aspect and let's face it, I think Nozdormu is not likely to survive this xpac.
    From what I've seen (haven't had a chance to do it yet) the Lordaeron questline is solid. As most fans here seemed to agree, we are getting the Desolate Council back and we are getting Belmont and Faranell on it. Calia is just one among them, Voss had a satisfying arc in BfA so that her getting a place there makes sense (even though how that arc started still makes little sense). Velonara is there to give the Dark Ranger concept a continuation (and her split with Sylvanas helps).
    Funny enough, I hated the pre-BfA Desolate Council because it's members were some random no-name Forsaken with no backstory that never appeared in the game before. The new iteration is awesome though as it fixes my complain!

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Lorca View Post
    IMO, having undead Night Elves druids or undead Blood Elves paladins doesn't make much sense, but well. Also, it feels that adding the red eyes for the Void Elves "cheapens" it... but what is clear is that now they don't have excuses (from a lore pop at least) for not opening every class to every race.
    Why? We know druids can draw their power from life and death thanks to Shadowlands. Kul Tiran/Drust druids are doing that too. And for Paladins - we already have lightforged DK's aswell as Zeliek.

    #TEAMGIRAFFE

  4. #57464
    Quote Originally Posted by Lady Atia View Post
    Who cares about racials?!
    This is the reason why Blizzard is now scrambling to remove faction restrictions, as they realize that no one plays Alliance with their dogshit racials.

    Oh and I hate it to break it to you
    I hate to break it to you, but turning into a fair-skinned elf was always part of the Void elf identity, as evidenced by Alleria Windrunner.

  5. #57465
    Quote Originally Posted by Lady Atia View Post
    Funny enough, I hated the pre-BfA Desolate Council because it's members were some random no-name Forsaken with no backstory that never appeared in the game before. The new iteration is awesome though as it fixes my complain!
    I thought we might get Hercular but Belmont will have to do.

    Now we are missing upright Forsaken so we can have Nathanos' model.

  6. #57466
    I think we will be getting Dark Ranger themed mounts as the preorder bonus. There is an encrypted cat mount and an encrypted horse mount (or things with their footprints) and I THINK the cat is different from the Slimesaber.

  7. #57467
    Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Posts
    8,393
    Quote Originally Posted by Lorca View Post
    Funny that now you can be an undead druid Night Elf or an undead paladin Blood Elf... shouldn't they have blocked the Darkfallen customization for some classes?

    Now I don't see any other reason for not opening Paladins for the Forsaken.
    I agree, its stupid druids and pala can use this.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Varodoc View Post
    This is the reason why Blizzard is now scrambling to remove faction restrictions, as they realize that no one plays Alliance with their dogshit racials.



    I hate to break it to you, but turning into a fair-skinned elf was always part of the Void elf identity, as evidenced by Alleria Windrunner.
    Nah, it was the long cries for eons that made blizz do this. Pure fanservice, Alleria only enhanced it on the forums, by the likes of you. They ended giving it to both, only fair.

    They forgot about the void aspect, which was a random theme anyway to give to elves as we all know. They shouldve given them n zoth third eyes and more dangeling pieces or what ever and double down on what was already there on the blood elf side. But old warcraft 2 player would never stopp anyway, so ye they gave it to void elves as well.
    Last edited by Alanar; 2022-06-01 at 10:05 AM.

  8. #57468
    It seems like the Darkfallen options are available to the Void elves too, as per usual with the Void elves, the implications of this are massive.

    The Alliance now has amongst their ranks some of those original defenders who died protecting Lordaeron and Quel'Thalas, and thus have useful claims to those lands (the playable human DK came from Stormwind btw). Simultaneously, the numbers of the Ren'dorei keep growing.

    I must say, I appreciate this present coming out of nowhere.
    Last edited by Varodoc; 2022-06-01 at 10:12 AM.

  9. #57469
    Quote Originally Posted by Cheezits View Post
    I think we will be getting Dark Ranger themed mounts as the preorder bonus. There is an encrypted cat mount and an encrypted horse mount (or things with their footprints) and I THINK the cat is different from the Slimesaber.
    That doesn't really make a lot of sense. Dark rangers have nothing to do with Dragonflight.
    The mounts are likely either from something we have not yet seen on Live, like for instance the Lordaeron questline also giving mounts not currently viewable in the mount collection.
    The world revamp dream will never die!

  10. #57470
    The Lightbringer Lady Atia's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Join Date
    Nov 2015
    Location
    The Rumour Tower
    Posts
    3,547
    Quote Originally Posted by Alanar View Post
    I agree, its stupid druids and pala can use this.

    - - - Updated - - -



    Nah, it was the long cries for eons that made blizz do this. Pure fanservice, Alleria only enhanced it on the forums, by the likes of you. They ended giving it to both, only fair.

    They forgot about the void aspect, which was a random theme anyway to give to elves as we all know. They shouldve given them n zoth third eyes and more dangeling pieces or what ever and double down on what was already there on the blood elf side. But old warcraft 2 player would never stopp anyway, so ye they gave it to void elves as well.
    Why is it stupid? As I already pointed out, we have lore examples of both druids using powers of death and light using undead already.

    Btw, the writing of the 9.2.5 questlines is top notch and I can't wait to see what they are doing with Dragonflight now.

    #TEAMGIRAFFE

  11. #57471
    Quote Originally Posted by Lady Atia View Post
    Why? We know druids can draw their power from life and death thanks to Shadowlands. Kul Tiran/Drust druids are doing that too. And for Paladins - we already have lightforged DK's aswell as Zeliek.
    Yeah, but that's it, that's the Kul'Tirans theme, not the Night Elves theme... until now, of course. But then again, I don't see why they didn't take the chance to enable paladins for the Forsaken then. And then to the Kul'Tirans, and so on. Oh, and what about monks for the LF Draenei? Heck, and let Dwarves and Orcs be able to play as druids also, that would be nice.

  12. #57472
    The Lightbringer Lady Atia's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Join Date
    Nov 2015
    Location
    The Rumour Tower
    Posts
    3,547
    Quote Originally Posted by Lorca View Post
    Yeah, but that's it, that's the Kul'Tirans theme, not the Night Elves theme... until now, of course. But then again, I don't see why they didn't take the chance to enable paladins for the Forsaken then. And then to the Kul'Tirans, and so on. Oh, and what about monks for the LF Draenei? Heck, and let Dwarves and Orcs be able to play as druids also, that would be nice.
    Because any new paladin race would need a new charger mount? They could do a new generic HD charger and say more unique variants for every race (including blood elves and humans) will come later though.

    The monk thing is weird, but I think we will get them with the second wave of race/class unlocks during Dragonflight. Maybe together with Warlocks and idk, shamans since they only need new totems?

    #TEAMGIRAFFE

  13. #57473
    Quote Originally Posted by Lady Atia View Post
    Because any new paladin race would need a new charger mount? They could do a new generic HD charger and say more unique variants for every race (including blood elves and humans) will come later though.

    The monk thing is weird, but I think we will get them with the second wave of race/class unlocks during Dragonflight. Maybe together with Warlocks and idk, shamans since they only need new totems?
    I think Monks have several unique animations? So maybe the races need to have those animations added first?

  14. #57474
    The Lightbringer Lady Atia's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Join Date
    Nov 2015
    Location
    The Rumour Tower
    Posts
    3,547
    Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    I think Monks have several unique animations? So maybe the races need to have those animations added first?
    Goblins and Lightforged should have them already I think - not so sure about Worgens tbh.

    #TEAMGIRAFFE

  15. #57475
    Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Posts
    8,393
    Quote Originally Posted by Lady Atia View Post
    Why is it stupid? As I already pointed out, we have lore examples of both druids using powers of death and light using undead already.

    Btw, the writing of the 9.2.5 questlines is top notch and I can't wait to see what they are doing with Dragonflight now.
    We are talking about dark ranger costumization. Its literally called like that. Blood elf pala and night elf druids feel off, even if we are talking about san'layn it just doesnt make much sense. Its pale skin/red eyes, which is only pressent with the darkfallen, which are not known for pala or druids.

    You are talking about drust or what?
    Last edited by Alanar; 2022-06-01 at 10:45 AM.

  16. #57476
    So all that big encrypted stuff turned out to be a fluke and wishfull thinking?

  17. #57477
    Quote Originally Posted by Zulggun View Post
    So all that big encrypted stuff turned out to be a fluke and wishfull thinking?
    Not exactly, 3 cutscenes and a quest line is pretty much in line with (realistic) expectations based on what we saw.

  18. #57478
    The Lightbringer Lady Atia's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Join Date
    Nov 2015
    Location
    The Rumour Tower
    Posts
    3,547
    Quote Originally Posted by Alanar View Post
    We are talking about dark ranger costumization. Its literally called like that. Blood elf pala and night elf druids feel off, even if we are talking about san'layn it just doesnt make much sense. Its pale skin/red eyes, which is only pressent with the darkfallen, which are not known for pala or druids.

    You are talking about drust or what?
    Darkfallen is just a term for undead elves now. And a player character is allowed to be something unique like a Darkfallen druid if they want to. Have you ever played DnD or any other rpg? Rules are just a framework.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Zulggun View Post
    So all that big encrypted stuff turned out to be a fluke and wishfull thinking?
    What? It turned out exactly as we predicted - darkfallen customizations for elves.

    #TEAMGIRAFFE

  19. #57479
    Quote Originally Posted by Alanar View Post
    We are talking about dark ranger costumization. Its literally called like that. Blood elf pala and night elf druids feel off, even if we are talking about san'layn it just doesnt make much sense. Its pale skin/red eyes, which is only pressent with the darkfallen, which are not known for pala or druids.

    You are talking about drust or what?
    Canonically it makes sense for the night elves to just return to the Alliance and do attempt to go back to whatever they were doing before they got raised, as explained by Dark Ranger Velonara. The same explanation could also be expanded towards the Darkfallen (Blood Elves). I don't seen an issue with that current explanation.



    Quote Originally Posted by Lady Atia View Post
    Darkfallen is just a term for undead elves now. And a player character is allowed to be something unique like a Darkfallen druid if they want to. Have you ever played DnD or any other rpg? Rules are just a framework.
    Yup, this is pretty much my interpretation too.

  20. #57480
    Quote Originally Posted by Lady Atia View Post
    Darkfallen is just a term for undead elves now.
    By lore it's a bit weird though. We've seen other types of Darkfallen than elves. Nathanos was a Darkfallen human, we've had Darkfallen Vrykul and Darkfallen Forsaken (through the Dreadblades).

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •