1. #57541
    Quote Originally Posted by Nyel View Post
    Oof this Dragonflight news drought is killing the little interest I had for the expansion. I have no idea why they're waiting so long to drop more information or anything in regards to the upcoming expansion. I mean 9.2.5 is nice for players that enjoy Shadowlands, but it really does not much for ones who abandoned this expansion long ago.
    Probably because they're nowhere near done with it even at the art/zone/modeling teams. Even with a shortened no 9.3 Shadowlands, Dragonflight won't arrive earlier than 2023. February is the earliest I can see it drop but I find April/May more likely. For the rest of this year they're banking on WotLK Classic to keep them afloat.

  2. #57542
    The Insane Raetary's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Location
    Base Camp
    Posts
    19,398
    I predict alpha in 2 weeks, news about it next week.


    Formerly known as Arafal

  3. #57543
    Quote Originally Posted by Nyel View Post
    Oof this Dragonflight news drought is killing the little interest I had for the expansion. I have no idea why they're waiting so long to drop more information or anything in regards to the upcoming expansion. I mean 9.2.5 is nice for players that enjoy Shadowlands, but it really does not much for ones who abandoned this expansion long ago.
    Great, does that mean you are leaving and we don't have to read your constant ranting about anything any longer? You sound like a little child that doesn't get its sweets.

  4. #57544
    Quote Originally Posted by Nyel View Post
    Oof this Dragonflight news drought is killing the little interest I had for the expansion. I have no idea why they're waiting so long to drop more information or anything in regards to the upcoming expansion. I mean 9.2.5 is nice for players that enjoy Shadowlands, but it really does not much for ones who abandoned this expansion long ago.
    It is strange that they hurried to reveal it on a random date in April just to follow with months of radio silence.

    Since the announcement was not ties to Blizz on or any other event, they could have just waited untill July or whatever and end with "Alpha is starting with next week, see you in Dragon Isles."

  5. #57545
    Herald of the Titans Hugnomo's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Location
    Portugal
    Posts
    2,501
    I still wonder what we're gonna get with pre orders ...

  6. #57546
    Quote Originally Posted by Hugnomo View Post
    I still wonder what we're gonna get with pre orders ...
    Probably whelp cloak transmogs, and whatever the "emerald drake" mount actually is. Maybe a chromatic weapon enchant transmog and maybe an armor set or something.

  7. #57547
    Quote Originally Posted by Lahis View Post
    It is strange that they hurried to reveal it on a random date in April just to follow with months of radio silence.
    Gotta get that financial year Q1 resub money in somehow.
    It became clear that it wasn’t realistic to try to get the audience back to being more hardcore, as it had been in the past. -- Tom Chilton

  8. #57548
    Quote Originally Posted by Blayze View Post
    Gotta get that financial year Q1 resub money in somehow.
    But April is the start of Q2.

    For Hype resub baiting, March or June would have made more sense.

  9. #57549
    Quote Originally Posted by Lahis View Post
    It is strange that they hurried to reveal it on a random date in April just to follow with months of radio silence.

    Since the announcement was not ties to Blizz on or any other event, they could have just waited untill July or whatever and end with "Alpha is starting with next week, see you in Dragon Isles."
    Quote Originally Posted by Atticon View Post
    Probably because they're nowhere near done with it even at the art/zone/modeling teams. Even with a shortened no 9.3 Shadowlands, Dragonflight won't arrive earlier than 2023. February is the earliest I can see it drop but I find April/May more likely. For the rest of this year they're banking on WotLK Classic to keep them afloat.

    Yeah, the rushed announcement feels completely pointless if we're honest. There was just no reason for it, not at all. Especially with no pre-orders up right after it. No idea if they are having issues with the alpha or just wanted to wait until 9.2.5 is live, but making players wait for almost two months or more until they get news on Dragonflight just feels awful. Especially with the little info we get during the announcement.
    MAGA - Make Alliance Great Again

  10. #57550
    Quote Originally Posted by Slowpoke is a Gamer View Post
    Oh boy everyone more updates on the Night Elves in the future. Revamp for 11.0 confirmed, break out the signatures.

    </s>

    Man what a shitshow this patch is on twitter already. Who knows, maybe this will be the final straw that breaks WoW's story team finally. Yet another example of "Blizz no longer has the resources or talent to have divided factions and divided storylines."
    A lots of seeds are planted for 11.0 to be a world revamp. 10.0 just contains the last few model/art asset updates. It is close.
    I will not reply to posts that are non-constructive or contain flaming and/or trolling.

  11. #57551
    Quote Originally Posted by Lahis View Post
    But April is the start of Q2.
    Financial year, not calendar year.

    Then again, I've just looked up the US government's fiscal year and apparently it starts from October, so April would be their Q3, because of course America does things differently.
    It became clear that it wasn’t realistic to try to get the audience back to being more hardcore, as it had been in the past. -- Tom Chilton

  12. #57552
    Quote Originally Posted by Blayze View Post
    Financial year, not calendar year.

    Then again, I've just looked up the US government's fiscal year and apparently it starts from October, so April would be their Q3, because of course America does things differently.
    Activision-Blizzard financial year aligns up with calendar year.
    Last edited by Lahis; 2022-06-02 at 11:40 AM.

  13. #57553
    Quote Originally Posted by Blayze View Post
    Financial year, not calendar year.

    Then again, I've just looked up the US government's fiscal year and apparently it starts from October, so April would be their Q3, because of course America does things differently.
    Companies get to choose when their fiscal years starts actually.

  14. #57554
    The Unstoppable Force rhorle's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Michigan
    Posts
    20,347
    Quote Originally Posted by Alanar View Post
    Maybe they were in life, but when they were risen as sanlayn the paladin (if at all) in them is gone and they got a set of completely new skills. We as players are just paladins and druids while being undead as with these dark ranger costumization. It doesnt make much sense to me.
    A paladin isn't tied to your race though. The various Paladin orders can provide you skills but they don't control access to the light. If you get kicked out of one you still can touch the light but you just can't use their spells. If you can touch the light you can be admitted into an order if they so choose. So the Blood Knights could re-admit an undead member into their order if they decided to.
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

  15. #57555
    Quote Originally Posted by micwini View Post
    A lots of seeds are planted for 11.0 to be a world revamp. 10.0 just contains the last few model/art asset updates. It is close.
    I'm hearing that since Legion. No, it's not close and no, it won't come. With all the stuff going on in 9.2.5 a world revamp would have made most sense. For 11.0 with a supposed Light/Void/Space theme? Uhm... no.
    MAGA - Make Alliance Great Again

  16. #57556
    The Unstoppable Force rhorle's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Michigan
    Posts
    20,347
    Quote Originally Posted by micwini View Post
    A lots of seeds are planted for 11.0 to be a world revamp. 10.0 just contains the last few model/art asset updates. It is close.
    I honestly don't see it happening. Why revamp the world when Chromie Time exists? It made sense with Cataclysm because they didn't have the technology at the time but now it is just wasted resources and they didn't even revamp everything. So would we get a revamp of EK and Kalimdor again with out every zone being touched? What about Nothrend, Outland, Pandaria?

    The way Blizzard has been doing it makes the most sense. Update an old zone when it makes sense for the story otherwise leave them be.
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

  17. #57557
    Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Join Date
    May 2016
    Location
    Poland
    Posts
    8,367
    Quote Originally Posted by Nyel View Post
    Yeah, the rushed announcement feels completely pointless if we're honest. There was just no reason for it, not at all. Especially with no pre-orders up right after it. No idea if they are having issues with the alpha or just wanted to wait until 9.2.5 is live, but making players wait for almost two months or more until they get news on Dragonflight just feels awful. Especially with the little info we get during the announcement.
    What the hell are you talking about. Now they can talk openly about expansion and gather initial feedback. People have something to wait for and talk about.

    In long WoW history Alpha always come months after reveal. And SL was ONLY time preorder came on reveal day. How it's preorder even relevant? It's just Blizzard collecting money for cat jn the bag, few cosmetics and boost.

    And I see your shtick with geting excited and bitching five second after never dies. How is DF awful? How is this annocement any different than other expansion revealed outside Legion? We got 1 hour reveal and interviews. Then all comunication was focused on next patch that had to be finished before moving to Alpha. Every move here sounds rational. Am I crazy?

  18. #57558
    Quote Originally Posted by Dracullus View Post
    In long WoW history Alpha always come months after reveal. And SL was ONLY time preorder came on reveal day. How it's preorder even relevant? It's just Blizzard collecting money for cat jn the bag, few cosmetics and boost.
    Taking half a year from announcement to alpha only makes sense when their announcements are tied to Blizzcon.

    This time they had nothing preventing them from announcing the game straight into alpha. The PR reels they showed us on the reveal contain pathetically little info so they can't even get any feedback from the reveal.

  19. #57559
    Quote Originally Posted by Lahis View Post
    Taking half a year from announcement to alpha only makes sense when their announcements are tied to Blizzcon.

    This time they had nothing preventing them from announcing the game straight into alpha. The PR reels they showed us on the reveal contain pathetically little info so they can't even get any feedback from the reveal.
    They did not even show any skills (aka more than ugly ass animations) for Evoker or customization options for Dracthyr. It was as little as possible with the entire announcement. The trailer got me extremely hyped because I love the cinematic, but the info dump was laughable.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Dracullus View Post
    How is DF awful?
    Nobody said that.
    MAGA - Make Alliance Great Again

  20. #57560
    Hey guys, does anyone know about any interesting cross-faction community for roleplaying/leveling?

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •