1. #57601
    Quote Originally Posted by wowrefugee View Post
    Here's something I've found:

    There's 5 Dark Ranger armor icons in the ItemAppearance table (viewable via wow.tools) that were added in 9.2.5. The icons are the same as the "Dark Ranger set" that the NPCs in Darkshore wear.

    They have a PlayerConditionID of 34863 - which is linked to hunter (via class mask 0x4). Interestingly, the only other items in this table with a PlayerConditionID are the ones that require covenants.

    Only 1 of the 5 have an actual texture file linked to it, and it's the hood from Darkshore DRs.

    Can't really draw anything from this other than the possibility we'll be getting the full set. Assuming the appearance is unchanged, it's rather lackluster given it's just a recolor of a... WoD? set I wanna say.

    Edit: It wouldnt be unusual either, given the Blood Elf Blood Knight armor is stuff thats been in the game awhile.
    Could just be new outfits for the NPC dark rangers to show an allegiance change.

  2. #57602
    Quote Originally Posted by Hitei View Post
    Could just be new outfits for the NPC dark rangers to show an allegiance change.
    Maybe? But I wanna say they wouldn't have a PlayerConditionID if it were for NPCs. The table PlayerCondition seems to only be for players - with things like "Must be in a group" "Requires completion of X" "Requires Rogue" and such.

    Edit: Cool to see Redshirtguy and Portergauge talking about this post. I had notifications on for their tweets since they usually post about theories and datamined material.

    A little proud I started datamining for the first time ever last week and found some interesting stuff.
    Last edited by wowrefugee; 2022-05-21 at 02:12 AM.

  3. #57603
    There's lots of sets already in the game I wish we could get access to, so I'm thrilled about finally getting that Blood Knight armor, and I'd love that dark ranger set too.

    With the whole wardrobe system, there's no real reason we can't start getting all those missing set colors.

  4. #57604
    I have a good question: Why is that Dark Ranger set so ugly? It's not even black. It's just an ugly recolor of an ugly leather armor set from WoD. And there's already a toy that gives you that appearance. Not to mention it doesn't look anything like any of Sylvanas' various outfits over the years. Was all this really just for that set?

  5. #57605
    Quote Originally Posted by Ersula View Post
    I have a good question: Why is that Dark Ranger set so ugly? It's not even black. It's just an ugly recolor of an ugly leather armor set from WoD. And there's already a toy that gives you that appearance. Not to mention it doesn't look anything like any of Sylvanas' various outfits over the years. Was all this really just for that set?
    Think it's too early to say if this is 'all' we will get. I personally doubt it.

    I am worried that we'll just get the red eyes + dead skin that's *also* been in the files for ages. I'd at least like options similar to the black marks around Sylvanas's eyes.

  6. #57606
    Quote Originally Posted by wowrefugee View Post
    Think it's too early to say if this is 'all' we will get. I personally doubt it.

    I am worried that we'll just get the red eyes + dead skin that's *also* been in the files for ages. I'd at least like options similar to the black marks around Sylvanas's eyes.
    TBH I would be okay if we got *just* that. I've always believed that most AR's should just have been customization options, but if I could choose I'd rather Darkfallen were Forsaken options for racial's sake heh.

    But if all we got were red eyes and undead skins on the BE model, I'd be happy. Obviously if we also got a "warpaint" that emulated Sylvanas markings as a face paint option that would just be swell.

  7. #57607
    Pit Lord Lady Atia's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2015
    Location
    The Rumour Tower
    Posts
    2,356
    Quote Originally Posted by wowrefugee View Post
    Maybe? But I wanna say they wouldn't have a PlayerConditionID if it were for NPCs. The table PlayerCondition seems to only be for players - with things like "Must be in a group" "Requires completion of X" "Requires Rogue" and such.

    Edit: Cool to see Redshirtguy and Portergauge talking about this post. I had notifications on for their tweets since they usually post about theories and datamined material.

    A little proud I started datamining for the first time ever last week and found some interesting stuff.
    Keep it up little dragon!

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by wowrefugee View Post
    Think it's too early to say if this is 'all' we will get. I personally doubt it.

    I am worried that we'll just get the red eyes + dead skin that's *also* been in the files for ages. I'd at least like options similar to the black marks around Sylvanas's eyes.
    Yeah, I would also hope for atleast dk's skin tones to be also available just to give more varience, and maybe one of the void elves blues that actually matches with Sylvanas current skin tone. It would be a shame if we finally could play as a dark fallen only to not be able to look like Sylvanas anyways.

  8. #57608
    If Diablo Immortal icon would be something important they would implement it earlier or even hotfix into game, it's not like they learned about release date yesterday.

    So far during Shadowlands they were consistent with revealing patch date on Thursday 12 days before launch. Only exception was 9.0.5, revealed on Thursday just 5 days before release. But that patch was just mount questline in Maw and Valor stuff, 9.2.5 is bigger than 9.1.5.

    Early June release is very likely, just not June 1st. I don't think they are in big hurry right now unless some madman really push for Christmas '22 release. Otherwise things look on track if they aim at ~March pre-patch.

  9. #57609
    Pit Lord Lady Atia's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2015
    Location
    The Rumour Tower
    Posts
    2,356
    Quote Originally Posted by rhorle View Post
    That seems unlikely. Two weeks out from launch and we already know "launch" rewards for immortal will be armor sets. You get it free by finishing the tutorial within 30 days of the games launch. I doubt they will sell a digital deluxe version with out previously announcing it.
    The launch sets are mostly a "try the game out" thing though. And the Digital Deluxe editions are for all of Blizzards games. It would be weird for Diablo Immortal to be the first new game that comes out that has no goodies for other ones - even Diablo 2 remastered had atleast a pet for D3.

    Do we even know yet how the DI store will look?

  10. #57610
    The Insane Arafal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Location
    Nextdrassil
    Posts
    17,642
    DI is a F2P mobile game, why would it have a digital deluxe edition?
    Last edited by Arafal; 2022-05-21 at 08:51 AM.



  11. #57611
    Pit Lord Lady Atia's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2015
    Location
    The Rumour Tower
    Posts
    2,356
    Quote Originally Posted by Arafal View Post
    DI is a F2P mobile game, why would it have a digital deluxe edition?
    Hearthstone is a F2P mobile game, why does it have 90 euro expansion sets full of cosmetics?

    A digital deluxe edition gives you ingame goodies for (usually) all the currently relevant blizzard games. That's why.

  12. #57612
    Legendary! Makabreska's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Streets Strange by Moonlight
    Posts
    6,140
    Quote Originally Posted by Arafal View Post
    DI is a F2P mobile game, why would it have a digital deluxe edition?
    It is also a PC game, and they make DD editions simply because people buy them.
    Sometimes, the light of the moon is a key to other spaces. I've found a place where, for a night or two, the streets curve in unfamiliar ways. If I walk here, I might find insight, or I might be touched by madness.

  13. #57613
    The Insane Arafal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Location
    Nextdrassil
    Posts
    17,642
    Quote Originally Posted by Lady Atia View Post
    Hearthstone is a F2P mobile game, why does it have 90 euro expansion sets full of cosmetics?
    Because its a F2P game and therefore will have an expansive in-game shop, just like DI?
    DI is gonna have a bunch of shop bundles, shop bundles are not game edition however.

    The point of game editions is to provide a more extensive game purchase over the basic purchase, to get you to spend more money.
    There is no basic purchase here, the game is F2P.

    Hots nor HS had a digital deluxe either.
    So again, why would there be a deluxe edition?

    You can argue for a cross promo or release day bundle, but again, that isn't a game edition.
    Last edited by Arafal; 2022-05-21 at 09:46 AM.



  14. #57614
    Pit Lord Lady Atia's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2015
    Location
    The Rumour Tower
    Posts
    2,356
    Quote Originally Posted by Arafal View Post
    Because its a F2P game and therefore will have an expansive in-game shop, just like DI?
    DI is gonna have a bunch of shop bundles, shop bundles are not game edition however.

    The point of game editions is to provide a more extensive game purchase over the basic purchase, to get you to spend more money.
    There is no basic purchase here, the game is F2P.

    Hots nor HS had a digital deluxe either.
    So again, why would there be a deluxe edition?

    You can argue for a cross promo or release day bundle, but again, that isn't a game edition.
    Wow, are you really argueing about the name I used? You know exactly what I mean. Call it "Diablo Immortal Evil Collection" instead if it pleases you. My point was that it's more realistic to get a crossover mount from Diablo Immortal than them having a Diablo 4 pre-order before a Dragonflight pre-order.

  15. #57615
    The Lightbringer Valysar's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    France
    Posts
    3,251
    Am I only the one who wants a login screen that changes over time for DF ?

  16. #57616
    Legendary! Makabreska's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Streets Strange by Moonlight
    Posts
    6,140
    Quote Originally Posted by Valysar View Post
    Am I only the one who wants a login screen that changes over time for DF ?
    I only hope they stick to that nice, animated 2D art we had in BfA and SL.
    Sometimes, the light of the moon is a key to other spaces. I've found a place where, for a night or two, the streets curve in unfamiliar ways. If I walk here, I might find insight, or I might be touched by madness.

  17. #57617
    Void Lord Aeluron Lightsong's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    In some Sanctuaryesque place or a Haven
    Posts
    43,846
    Quote Originally Posted by Makabreska View Post
    I only hope they stick to that nice, animated 2D art we had in BfA and SL.
    I prefer the tradational kind of animated screen.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

    Warrior-Magi

  18. #57618
    3d art would be nice, they seem to like 2d stuff now based on the newer login screens, same with reforged.

  19. #57619
    Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron Lightsong View Post
    I prefer the tradational kind of animated screen.
    Is it really that traditional though? Isn't it really just WotLK, Cata, and Legion that had the more animated 3D environment? Beyond the MoP, BfA, and SL login screens the usual has been a variant of the Dark Portal with a decal behind it.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Gifdwarf View Post
    3d art would be nice, they seem to like 2d stuff now based on the newer login screens, same with reforged.
    Could absolutely go for th original style of Dark Portal variant with something neat visible behind it, though might be a bit odd given that outside Vanilla it has only been used whenever there is an actual Dark Portal relevant to the plot.
    The world revamp dream will never die!

  20. #57620
    I prefer login screens from BfA/SL. But I hope that new login music will have BANG moment on start again.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •