Quote Originally Posted by pacotaco View Post
    It would make sense, in the way of explaining why The Maw is inescapable except by First One's methods. Only that door can override Zovaal's command because is a failsafe.
    Also, the more I think about all of it, the more fishy all looks:

* Zovaal goes rogue and is punished.
    - Doesn't seem weird that the less warrior-like one of the 5 is the one taking action?
    - Why none of the other even know about what Zovaal try to fight?
    - Why the Prelate, being the best strategist in the universe, know nothing about it?

* The Primus then creates uses domination magic to imprison Zovaal in The Maw. I could get that if they kill him, Zereth Mortis just creates a new copy, but...
    - Why domination magic seems terribly close to Automa language?
    - Why the Primus looks like he does not know how it works? A kind of magic that allegedly he created?

* The Primus hides his sigil and goes to visit Zovaal. He creates a series of tests in case he goes missing.
    - Why did he go in the first place?
    - Why did he was suspicious to the point of hiding his sigil?

* Zovaal somehow gets free and uses domination magic to imprison the Primus.
    - Why neither of them explain how?
    - How the best strategist in the universe is caught by surprise by his prisoner, with his very own magic?

* SL happens, we go to ZM, but the Primus says the EO are prohibited from doing it. Let's asume for a moment that it's true.
    - If Zovaal never was there before (and him going to Korthia to get the info about it, to then try to chain Zereth Mortis to his Sanctum), what he did in the first place that granted him eternal imprisonment?
    - Isn't Zovaal going there enough to override that command to stop him?

My take?
    - Zovaal tried to go there in the first place and they stopped him.
    - Then, the Primus knew about the problem and stated to make a plan.
    - He sugested to create Oribos and a new Arbiter to replace Torghast and Zovaal.
    - He secretly went to ZM and learned about the FO language, and created domination magic based on it.
    - He used it on Zovaal to make him his puppet.
    - He then puts all things in motion, making Denathrius think that Zovaal is the one with the plan.
    - He then goes to Torghast and switches places with Zovaal to redirect possible suspicions, and he sends him in his path.
    - When we arrive, we follow exactly what he planed to unite all Shadowland realms, defeat Denathrius, get him free and enable Zovaal to finish his plan.
    - He then offers a solution to counter the magic he himself created so we defeat Zovaal.
    - Everything is fixed.
    You're giving it more thought than Blizz themselves

Horde

Quote Originally Posted by Makorus View Post
    The only thing hinting at an Allied Race was a leak that's wrong.
    A leak that was piggybacking off Scaleface and just added a few things, at that. Anything that wasn't directly ripped from Scaleface turned out to be false. Scaleface notably didn't have anything that wasn't really something the Dragonflight media press-kit would have access to, as a note, as he seemed to be some kind of disgruntled press guy. No 9.2.5 info or anything of the sort.

7+ Year Old Account
    Really, AR's are a big feature. They would not hide it from expansion reveal.
    Sometimes, the light of the moon is a key to other spaces. I've found a place where, for a night or two, the streets curve in unfamiliar ways. If I walk here, I might find insight, or I might be touched by madness.

Quote Originally Posted by Zharikov View Post
    A leak that was piggybacking off Scaleface and just added a few things, at that. Anything that wasn't directly ripped from Scaleface turned out to be false. Scaleface notably didn't have anything that wasn't really something the Dragonflight media press-kit would have access to, as a note, as he seemed to be some kind of disgruntled press guy. No 9.2.5 info or anything of the sort.
    Like, the only thing about the 4chan leak thats real but not from Scaleface is the fact that there are five zones, and even that is probably just a lucky guess/based off of previous expansions.

People hyping themselves up for an Allied Race are in for a rude awakening.

Bloodsail Admiral Foreign Exchange Ztudent's Avatar
    1+ Year Old Account
    I mean this marketing makes no sense in that case either. Why would you do a reveal of an expansion and hide main features and the preorder bonus/preorders to then do them randomly in a Patch launch which then unlocks interview embargoes about Customization, Allied Races etc?

It just makes zero sense to me beyond a staggered info embargoes with customization and allied race bait. Hell, I don't even think the Preorders make sense to be shipped with 9.2.5. Like you would rather just do it at Gamescom for maximum eyes on it.

Again the Marketing Department has just been completely bizarre, so its why there's some semblance of thought going towards this 9.2.5 launch week being big. But again, why would you do it like this? It just doesn't add up outside of Blizzard Entertainment Marketing Department logic.

So a main component to believe in this is to believe this was always the plan and that they were going to do staggered press embargoes with a lackluster reveal of the product in which they don't even sell preorders immediately and then try and sell the product more later on which I don't know, chief. That's a risky bet.

But hey, trying to guess the work of this marketing department is pointless cause they will only surprise you in their ineptitude.

Again its just Darkfallen customization for Night Elves and Blood Elves, that's it.
    Last edited by Foreign Exchange Ztudent; 2022-05-28 at 08:14 PM.
    I no longer reply to quotations beyond if you're asking a genuine question or have a non-confrontational stance.

Nihil.

Quote Originally Posted by Foreign Exchange Ztudent View Post
    There's no Allied Race and we can enjoy the backlash drama because of the weird new environment were everything isn't dataminable. There's also no preorder either.

Checkmate, fools. You played yourself.

But, seriously I don't really think the 1 Allied Race Preorder is a good preorder bonus when the previous time they did this it was 4 new races. It just doesn't make logical sense to me in that regard. (It also makes zero sense from a marketing when people can obviously refer back to Allied Races in BFA as a point of regression.)

Moreso I believe it is just Darkfallen Customization for Elven races that is unlocked with one of the encrypted questchains.
    lol the pre-order bonus that followed up BfA's 4 allied races were just allied races being able to be death knights

i dont think they care at all about that

Bloodsail Admiral Foreign Exchange Ztudent's Avatar
    1+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by wowrefugee View Post
    lol the pre-order bonus that followed up BfA's 4 allied races were just allied races being able to be death knights

I don't know I still think this is an oddity.
    I no longer reply to quotations beyond if you're asking a genuine question or have a non-confrontational stance.

Nihil.

Quote Originally Posted by Foreign Exchange Ztudent View Post
    I don't know I still think this is an oddity.

Why?

Let’s say the Dragonflighr preorder is just a bunch of items (mount/armor/etc) + access to Dracthyr in prepatch.

You think people wouldn’t look back to BfA and think “this is a regression in pre order bonuses”?

Both shadowlands and BfA pre order came with some “playable” content - BfA allied races, shadowlands AR death knights.

Dragonflight coming with nothing of the sort would be bad

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Why?

Let’s say the Dragonflighr preorder is just a bunch of items (mount/armor/etc) + access to Dracthyr in prepatch.

You think people wouldn’t look back to BfA and think “this is a regression in pre order bonuses”?

Both shadowlands and BfA pre order came with some “playable” content - BfA allied races, shadowlands AR death knights.

Dragonflight coming with nothing of the sort would be bad
    Watch it being just a a DF heartstone toy. Uses al the dragonflight powers (rainbow), unknowingly/knowngly ending up like a support thing for lbtq. >.>

Quote Originally Posted by Alanar View Post
    Watch it being just a a DF heartstone toy. Uses al the dragonflight powers (rainbow), unknowingly/knowngly ending up like a support thing for lbtq. >.>
    Why does that even matter?

In either condition it was a reason for people to level new characters during the content drought & I fully expect them to do the same now. (I know most people have said the cross-faction thing is the equivalent to that but it really isn't. Nobody was waiting to make an alt from the other faction based on cross-faction grouping.)

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Zharikov View Post
    It was made about the same time as the Scaleface post, and it was right about everything except the Allied Race which is still up in the air.

At this point time will tell.

Not gonna lie, I'd love that lmao

5+ Year Old Account
    No matter the topic, someone will find a way to redirect it to complain about their current aggro.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyrexia View Post
    I'd like to know why it matters as well

Quote Originally Posted by pacotaco View Post
    My take?
    - Zovaal tried to go there in the first place and they stopped him.
    - Then, the Primus knew about the problem and stated to make a plan.
    - He sugested to create Oribos and a new Arbiter to replace Torghast and Zovaal.
    - He secretly went to ZM and learned about the FO language, and created domination magic based on it.
    - He used it on Zovaal to make him his puppet.
    - He then puts all things in motion, making Denathrius think that Zovaal is the one with the plan.
    - He then goes to Torghast and switches places with Zovaal to redirect possible suspicions, and he sends him in his path.
    - When we arrive, we follow exactly what he planed to unite all Shadowland realms, defeat Denathrius, get him free and enable Zovaal to finish his plan.
    - He then offers a solution to counter the magic he himself created so we defeat Zovaal.
    - Everything is fixed.
    Oribos is clearly the same style as other installations that are likely made by the First Ones as infrastructure. So that one is dead in the water already.
    Also, where are you getting this nonsense about Domination resembling the Automa (not First One) language? The only commonality is being a language.

Besides, what's even the point of this plan? Unless he justed wanted somebody else to murder Zovaal for no real reason.

We also have no reason to actually believe the problem Zovaal talked about is even real to begin with. He's well-known to use deceit and lies to make others do his bidding at this point.

The Automa language protected from Domination mostly because it was alien and complex, not because they were the same. I thought the explanation was "the more complex the thinking pattern of the target the harder for Domination magic to hold.
    But I did think the Cypher of the First Ones was meant to be the language of the First Ones?

7+ Year Old Account
    I can't see an issue here?

#TEAMGIRAFFE

Quote Originally Posted by Lady Atia View Post
    I know want a white blonde, cyan and pink color combo for Dracthyr Visage forms.

Yall expect some allied races, but you will get a furry suit.

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lady Atia View Post
    Ofc you don't. Look I dont care about it, that is why I dont want stuff like that getting shoved in my face.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Kyrexia View Post
    I mean, why does it have to be a thing in the first place?

- - - Updated - - -

Not gonna lie, I'd love that lmao
    So you want a rainbow toy, but not a much cooler transmog or other cosmetic options or a mount?
    Last edited by Alanar; 2022-05-29 at 08:43 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Ofc you don't. Look I dont care about it, but I dont want stuff like that getting shoved in my face.

- - - Updated - - -

I mean, why does it have to be a thing in the first place?

- - - Updated - - -

So you want a rainbow toy, but not a much cooler transmog or other cosmetic options?
    Okay, you just go ahead and let Blizzard know you don't approve of something someone just made up out of thin air and it offends you /s