Quote Originally Posted by Darkarath View Post
    In BfA they destroyed the cities, now we know that they are rebuilding them, big difference. I really think that if WoW wants to survive in the long term a revamp is needed, not only applied to the world but to other systems.

Dragonflight seems a step in the right direction but there is so much more that they have to do.
    I mean given how they handled Undercity they could just . . . not rebuild it? Just make the old one available in a new phase. Well it always was available in a phase. As is Teldrassil.

Quote Originally Posted by Luck4 View Post
    This only shows how desired it is, just look at fake leaks, since 7.0 the fabled World Revamp is a recurring fake leak.
    Tinkers will revamp the world for 11.0! Confirmed fact!

Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    I mean given how they handled Undercity they could just . . . not rebuild it? Just make the old one available in a new phase. Well it always was available in a phase. As is Teldrassil.
    Well, the fact that it is not available in our "main temporary line" phase indicates that they want to do something with it.

But yes, I know that we will probably be waiting for years for these new cities, given the treatment that Gilneas has received.
    Do not take life too seriously. You will never get out of it alive.

Well, the fact that it is not available in our "main temporary line" phase indicates that they want to do something with it.

But yes, I know that we will probably be waiting for years for these new cities, given the treatment that Gilneas has received.
    I think it is available after you do the quests?

In BfA they destroyed the cities, now we know that they are rebuilding them, big difference. I really think that if WoW wants to survive in the long term a revamp is needed, not only applied to the world but to other systems.

Dragonflight seems a step in the right direction but there is so much more that they have to do.
    I mean, you would think with them destroying a whole zone and a whole capital, there would have been a revamp, but nope.

They could literally just have a different phase of Teldrassil and a different phase of Tirisfal.

Shadowlands ended with the Jailer beating up Azeroth and there wasn't a world revamp lmao.
    Last edited by Makorus; 2022-06-08 at 08:45 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Makorus View Post
    I mean, you would think with them destroying a whole zone and a whole capital, there would have been a revamp, but nope.

They could literally just have a different phase of Teldrassil and a different phase of Tirisfal.

Shadowlands ended with the Jailer beating up Azeroth and there wasn't a world revamp lmao.
    Yeah for me the fact that there were no new assets in Brill does not bode well for a world revamp. They may be making assets on the side as personal projects so they can also be available if/when they need them but if there was a consistent effort to do a world revamp behind the scenes, why not at least use new assets when they are available?

Now things might change with Microsoft. Maybe the team is expanded enough that it can afford to do side projects like that. Or maybe a revamp becomes a strategic goal (because after an acquisition I expect each IP will need to examine a strategic ten-year plan. Not that we will find about anything but reexaming how assets are being used is just common practice.)

Any cities outside, Orgrimmar, Stormwind and current expansion hub are irrelevant.

Quote Originally Posted by Makorus View Post

It's a "do we put effort into our work and make the story have a real impact" vs. "do we spare work and completely invalidate our story" decision. They went for the latter.
    MAGA - Make Alliance Great Again

Quote Originally Posted by Lahis View Post
    Any cities outside, Orgrimmar, Stormwind and current expansion hub are irrelevant.
    See, I don't agree with that. This reasoning comes because cities are seen as non-combat areas that are service centers. Boralus and Zul'dazar however both had world quests. I'd argue that Boralus in particular could afford to have a lot more of them if they wanted. And let's not forget Suramar.

If they ever wanted to do evergreen content, Capitals could have actual combat activity in them.

Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    See, I don't agree with that. This reasoning comes because cities are seen as non-combat areas that are service centers. Boralus and Zul'dazar however both had world quests. I'd argue that Boralus in particular could afford to have a lot more of them if they wanted. And let's not forget Suramar.

If they ever wanted to do evergreen content, Capitals could have actual combat activity in them.
    Only the harbour of Boralus and the pyramid of Dazar'alor acted like traditional "player hubs". In the rest of the city, you were not rested and you would often run into hostile mobs.

If Stormwind was like Boralus, only the Trade District would be the actual player hub where you are rested, and the rest of the city would be hostile zone.

People in BfA complained that most of Boralus was hostile and people only hanged out in the harbour, but in the end this was its design purpose. Most of Boralus was envisioned as part of the Tiragarde Sound questing experience and so it was full of hostile mobs (like in the slums and the temple) and you were not rested there.

10+ Year Old Account
    World revamp would be too much work for Blizzard, especially if a new continent comes out at the same time. Knowing a certain laziness on their part, I don't think it will happen one day unfortunately, Unless an expansion happens 100% in Kalimdor and Eastern Kingdoms.

They'll revamp bit by bit like they did with Arathi and Darkshore. Whenever a zone gets relevant.
    Next I can see Undercity and Teldrassil (or whatever the new tree will be called) being done.

Quote Originally Posted by Gifdwarf View Post
    They will do more than just two a week, or else we aren't getting the alpha until mid july lol. Plus, they also have the Dracthyr blog to post. Unless they plan to post all of this while the alpha is up? Which doesn't make sense imo. Also, it took about 50 days for SL to go from encrypted alpha build to public alpha, and it seems like DF is going to take longer than that.
    I mean its been a fairly slow drip so far. There were numerous complaints a week ago about how utterly silent things have been.

I'll be happy if I'm proven wrong. But...it has been slow.

Quote Originally Posted by Scaleface View Post
    It was about associating "Evoker" with "Evocation" and nothing else (It was the first association for me.)

I was away for a moment, I didn't write - but I am watching all the time. All the best
    Thanks for confirmation!

(And double thanks as an arcane mage main who did not relish the idea of another class stealing from me)

Quote Originally Posted by Kiivar86 View Post
    I mean its been a fairly slow drip so far. There were numerous complaints a week ago about how utterly silent things have been.

I'll be happy if I'm proven wrong. But...it has been slow.
    To be fair it's rather surprising they released them last week with Diablo Immortal launch just being few hours away.

Quote Originally Posted by ExiHext View Post
    They'll revamp bit by bit like they did with Arathi and Darkshore. Whenever a zone gets relevant.
    Next I can see Undercity and Teldrassil (or whatever the new tree will be called) being done.
    Doubt that honestly. Think that that kind of approach died with BfA, as just adding some WQ and rares do not make for evergreen content, which should be their objective if they revamp anything, unless they are fucking morons, which is definitively a possibility looking at past developments.

I agree with some comments here that say that besides current expansion city hub, Stormwind and Orgrimmar, the rest of the cities matter very little. Maybe they can use that to their advantange with a world revamp. World goes to shit, we retain an Horde city and an Alliance city, the rest we might recover in future patches / expansions, could even be used as player housing more than actual cities, so that every few years we have a new place to build our house with new assets related to the city that we recover.
    Do not take life too seriously. You will never get out of it alive.

Quote Originally Posted by Nyel View Post
    To be fair it's rather surprising they released them last week with Diablo Immortal launch just being few hours away.
    What got me actually was precisely when they released them.

Friday afternoon. Felt almost like a bit of a scramble to me, though I'm probably reading too much into it.

Still though, it felt odd to me to do it then.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nyel View Post
    Desired by... forum posters? Don't know if the basic player in game really cares about that.

I think the general problem is that the topic of another revamp is almost half a decade old by now and there always have been "proofs" or "evidence" that it's coming or in the work except it never came to fruition.

- - - Updated - - -

It's Wednesday and we haven't gotten anything this week, so more than two a week seems very unlikely. Alpha in July seems excessive as we're reaching 8 weeks since the official announcement (soon), but I don't really see it happening within the next one or two weeks, not with Diablo Immortal launch being so fresh.

As I said in another post, they always can start Alpha with just the classes they have had a blog post about and unlock the others later.
    You need to realize time zones work with different times. When you posted this comment it was like midnight in Irvine where Blizzard is. Give them time to wake up, have coffee, battle traffic to get to HQ, boot up personal work computers...then in a few hours you can complain...geesh......patience!

Quote Originally Posted by boyzma View Post
    You need to realize time zones work with different times. When you posted this comment it was like midnight in Irvine where Blizzard is. Give them time to wake up, have coffee, battle traffic to get to HQ, boot up personal work computers...then in a few hours you can complain...geesh......patience!
    Who’s complaining? Just said it’s Wednesday and they haven’t posted anything yet which means Monday and Tuesday went without class previews. Why would they have two sets of previews on Wednesday to Friday? Can it happen? Sure. Alpha could start tomorrow. Likely? Who knows.

Bloodsail Admiral Foreign Exchange Ztudent's Avatar
    1+ Year Old Account
    So far this week we had a PTR build show up and then get added to the Retail Build and now we got this:

https://twitter.com/MrGMYT/status/15...642561/photo/1

Today is MW2 Preorder day, it is only a matter of time before Dragonflight preorders go live whether its this week or the next few weeks. Things are moving at rapid speed.
    I no longer reply to quotations beyond if you're asking a genuine question or have a non-confrontational stance.

Nihil.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Foreign Exchange Ztudent View Post
    So far this week we had a PTR build show up and then get added to the Retail Build and now we got this:

https://twitter.com/MrGMYT/status/15...642561/photo/1

Today is MW2 Preorder day, it is only a matter of time before Dragonflight preorders go live whether its this week or the next few weeks. Things are moving at rapid speed.
    What has MW2 pre-order to do with Dragonflight though?

#TEAMGIRAFFE