1. #58001
    Quote Originally Posted by Nyel View Post
    Sure, if Q1 means end of March.

    It’s just tiresome how slow they are with releasing anything. I guess we get new talent trees today, but still, almost two months have passed and we barely know more than back then.
    Even the reveal was kinda shallow if we compare it with past Blizzcon panels.

    However, June 12th is the Microsoft conference, maybe Blizzard games will be featured there? I'm skeptical, but who knows.

    I mean, this could be fake, but who knows:



    Sounds like I'm going to start following Xbox media...

  2. #58002
    Quote Originally Posted by Marlamin View Post
    It's fine, don't worry about it. I've been around long enough to not get too upset over things like that. Sorry if my directness/hypesquashing came over as hostile, this happens more often than I'd like. I'd love to blame it on being Dutch, but at this point know it's just a personality trait born from an allergy to misinformation, to a fault.
    youre dutch?? ewww

    jk

  3. #58003
    Quote Originally Posted by Chickat View Post
    Idk why you all are saying Q2 launch if alpha doesn't start soon.

    They could start alpha in August and still be on track for a Q1 launch.

    Hopefylly they release some more blogs this week. It would be nice to have a least a weekly talent tree post leading up to alpha.
    Yeah I don't see it either. I think we will have S4 in late July and Alpha in August. Release in March.

  4. #58004
    Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Join Date
    May 2016
    Location
    Poland
    Posts
    8,073
    Quote Originally Posted by Chickat View Post
    Idk why you all are saying Q2 launch if alpha doesn't start soon.

    They could start alpha in August and still be on track for a Q1 launch.

    Hopefylly they release some more blogs this week. It would be nice to have a least a weekly talent tree post leading up to alpha.
    I tried using logic and facts, it just doesn't apply here. Minute later someone will say "oh where are the news it never been that bad" or "game clearly launching 2030 at earliest" (wait until will call this obviously exaggerated comment "strawman argument" xD). I understand when someone is new here and doesn't know what to expect (more or less), but I remember some names from Legion speculation thread.

    Quote Originally Posted by Luck4 View Post
    I mean, this could be fake, but who knows
    Good time to talk about Diablo IV. Immortal launch raised interest about Diablo a lot, but more and more focus is on predatory shop. So switching topic to IV now would be smart. Of course it should be talk about 5th class and more details about gameplay in general (maybe even Alpha window?), not just "pre-order now, game is coming".
    Last edited by Dracullus; 2022-06-10 at 06:52 AM.

  5. #58005
    Quote Originally Posted by Dracullus View Post
    Minute later someone will say "oh where are the news it never been that bad" or "game clearly launching 2030 at earliest" (wait until will call this obviously exaggerated comment "strawman argument" xD).
    This happens since I recall (2011) before the MOP reveal. People are always either hoping for it to come late and polished or quickly as possible otherwise the world would collapse.

    The funny thing is it's never that polished nor does it come quickly.
    Last edited by Luck4; 2022-06-10 at 07:03 AM.

  6. #58006
    Quote Originally Posted by Luck4 View Post
    However, June 12th is the Microsoft conference, maybe Blizzard games will be featured there? I'm skeptical, but who knows.
    No. Microsoft doesn't own ActiBlizz yet. It will be years before ethw deal has been rubber stamped in every relevant office.

  7. #58007
    Some D4 news would be cool we still don't know for certain what the fifth class at launch is yet.

  8. #58008
    Quote Originally Posted by Kiivar86 View Post
    At this rate I'm feeling afraid that we get only like two to three talent tree reveals a week.

    Just to breadcrumb it out.
    Remains to be seen if we'll get anything today but what I said is so far proving true.

    Quote Originally Posted by Luck4 View Post
    Even the reveal was kinda shallow if we compare it with past Blizzcon panels.

    However, June 12th is the Microsoft conference, maybe Blizzard games will be featured there? I'm skeptical, but who knows.
    Diablo 4 news perhaps, but I highly doubt anything WoW related, unless they also suddenly go "its on Xbox now too".

    Quote Originally Posted by Lahis View Post
    No. Microsoft doesn't own ActiBlizz yet. It will be years before ethw deal has been rubber stamped in every relevant office.
    While you are right, they could still do reveals there, I'm sure.

  9. #58009
    Quote Originally Posted by Therougetitan View Post
    Some D4 news would be cool we still don't know for certain what the fifth class at launch is yet.
    Yeah I am hoping we might get a new trailer for D4 in a press event soon with the fifth class and then some SoonTM for beta.
    And I hope this time they do a prolonged beta that tests more than gameplay but also progression because that's a big reason why D3 was horrible before the expac.

  10. #58010
    Void Lord Aeluron Lightsong's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    In some Sanctuaryesque place or a Haven
    Posts
    44,683
    Even the reveal was kinda shallow if we compare it with past Blizzcon panels.
    Well there hasn't been a live blizzcon pre 2020 soo yeah I dunno why this statement even exists.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

    Warrior-Magi

  11. #58011
    Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron Lightsong View Post
    Well there hasn't been a live blizzcon pre 2020 soo yeah I dunno why this statement even exists.
    He didn't say live blizzcon so i dunno why this statement even exists.

  12. #58012
    The Insane rhorle's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Michigan
    Posts
    19,671
    Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    Yeah I am hoping we might get a new trailer for D4 in a press event soon with the fifth class and then some SoonTM for beta.
    And I hope this time they do a prolonged beta that tests more than gameplay but also progression because that's a big reason why D3 was horrible before the expac.
    I don't think more testing would have changed Diablo 3 as I don't think they would have found a solution for the RMAH to integrate with the end-game progression. Once they ditched that things started to get better. Though maybe a lot of the RoS features could have made it into the base game if they delayed longer. I think that will be one of the benefits of Diablo Immortal. Even though they are completly different models (mobile vs not-mobile) there are a lot of concepts they have indicated they want in Diablo 4 that show up in the mobile game in some degree. Change things to not have pay to win (just sell cosmetics) and you'll have a decent core game.
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

  13. #58013
    The Lightbringer Lady Atia's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Join Date
    Nov 2015
    Location
    The Rumour Tower
    Posts
    3,390
    So, what are our bets for today? More talent trees, Dracthyr blog post or *inhales hopium* surprise alpha?^^

    *waves my hype flag*

    #TEAMGIRAFFE

  14. #58014
    Bloodsail Admiral Foreign Exchange Ztudent's Avatar
    1+ Year Old Account
    Join Date
    Sep 2021
    Location
    In Managed Decline
    Posts
    1,206
    Probably two more class talent trees if we're lucky unless they intend to do 2 trees on a bi-weekly fashion.
    I no longer reply to quotations beyond if you're asking a genuine question or have a non-confrontational stance.

    Nihil.


  15. #58015
    Pandaren Monk AngerFork's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Right behind you!
    Posts
    1,759
    Quote Originally Posted by Lady Atia View Post
    So, what are our bets for today? More talent trees, Dracthyr blog post or *inhales hopium* surprise alpha?^^

    *waves my hype flag*
    I'd guess class trees at most today. I doubt we'll see alpha before those are mostly done, plus I do wonder how much they are taking all the Dracthyr feedback into account after the announcement.

    My current guess is alpha somewhere in mid-to-late July with pre-orders out around the same time. Also perhaps a surprise or two when we see alpha...maybe more Dracthyr forms or a new feature unmentioned in the presentation.

  16. #58016
    The Lightbringer Lady Atia's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Join Date
    Nov 2015
    Location
    The Rumour Tower
    Posts
    3,390
    Quote Originally Posted by AngerFork View Post
    I'd guess class trees at most today. I doubt we'll see alpha before those are mostly done, plus I do wonder how much they are taking all the Dracthyr feedback into account after the announcement.

    My current guess is alpha somewhere in mid-to-late July with pre-orders out around the same time. Also perhaps a surprise or two when we see alpha...maybe more Dracthyr forms or a new feature unmentioned in the presentation.
    I could see them adding green and red dk eyes as a surprise to the alpha, based on the art of their new talent trees.

    #TEAMGIRAFFE

  17. #58017
    I still expect as much content as Legion despite them revamping all of the systems, they scrapped this expansion so more is to be expected with coming on 18 years of experience.

  18. #58018
    Quote Originally Posted by jeezusisacasual View Post
    I still expect as much content as Legion despite them revamping all of the systems, they scrapped this expansion so more is to be expected with coming on 18 years of experience.
    What are they revamping though? New talent trees is for the biggest part a simple visual change. There's barely anything new. There is no borrowed power they have to work on. There is no max level content system akin to Torghast or Expeditions. The profession changes are all on a very shallow level, too (like Legion's changes which got abandoned quickly). So the only thing that really needs work is Dracthyr Evoker. So yes, this expansion better should have tons of content.
    MAGA - Make Alliance Great Again

  19. #58019
    So I guess nothing today?

  20. #58020
    Quote Originally Posted by infinitemeridian View Post
    So I guess nothing today?
    in 45 mins.
    I will not reply to posts that are non-constructive or contain flaming and/or trolling.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •