10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Makabreska View Post
    Thanks for the input. Can always count on you with instant "lol u wrong" posts.
    Yeah all those souls that ended up not existing anymore along with a certain important soul that is now in oblivion, totally not relevant. No its not a "Lol u wrong" Its you ignoring that Death is going to matter no matter what. I'm sure(Unless the whole planet is wiped about the knowledge of Shadowlands) talking about where they'd end up after death is a likely conversation to have. Oh and there's plenty of dead people we didn't see in the SL but again you are free to ignore that if you want among other things.

But if we're really going for the behind the scene reasons, I'm sure SL will be mentioned..minimally(Even though I don't think SL is as bad as this forum and the world thinks it is).
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

There is a point. We saved all of their asses big time, cleaned their mess (Jailer). They should be grateful.

Plus some of them may simply want to travel and see where this impressive mortals live. Random Kyrian NPC said he would like to visit Azeroth.
    Random Night Fae also mention wanting to visit Azeroth, I think during the theatre quests.

Quote Originally Posted by choom View Post
    They figured out how to put a Werewolf in a dress, I think they can figure out Spirit Healers and Nosferatus.
    Oh, it's not that I think they couldn't do it, it's just I think the result will be kind of disappointing. Maybe I'm just misunderstanding, but I think a large part of the appeal of these races is their fashion sense, and if you make them playable, you largely strip that away outside of one very specific set of heritage armor.

4 covenant allied races would certainly be something.

4 new heritage sets, even though covenant armor has exhausted a lot of the themes.

4 new mounts - maybe just recolors?

8 sets of flirts and sillies

4 quest lines to unlock them (or maybe just 1? Would be a first.)

Is there enough variation currently to fill up customization slots, or would there need to be some made?

4 sets of racials?

I assume all would be neutral.

I’m not sure there’s enough files to really point toward all the covenant allied races being added.

Covenant allied races has less evidence than Darkfallen.
    Last edited by wowrefugee; 2022-05-26 at 07:07 PM.

I just can't see Covenant races happening, primarily because it's such an all-or-nothing scenario. You couldnt get away with only getting two of the covenants playable, nor coudl you have half go to Alliance and half to Horde. You would need to make all 4 covenants playable, and neutral like Pandaren to boot. And I jsut cannot see Blizzard seriously considering hiding four entire ARs, neither in practical terms of physically hiding it, nor in the sense that they would willingly choose to. Such a big event would have been at least heavily hinted at, if not outright stated as something players will get their hands on in the next patch.
    The world revamp dream will never die!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyrexia View Post
    Nope! I want nothing more to do with Shadowlands other than to put it behind us, the covenant models arnt even that impressive to me also :/
    You don't have to roll one if you don't like it. You can calm down now. You're welcome

Herald of the Titans Nightshade711's Avatar
    1+ Year Old Account
    Covenant allied races make no sense lore wise going forward.

Why would a Kyrian/Venthyr/Maldraxxi ever decide “Ok time to take a break from our sacred/essential duties to The Shadowlands to go explore a random dragon island on some planet that poses no threat to the shadowlands.”

Or why would said covenant races chose to integrate with the alliance or horde like the Pandaren/Dracthyr.
    Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    Chen isn't a Monk

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nightshade711 View Post
    Covenant allied races make no sense lore wise going forward.

Why would a Kyrian/Venthyr/Maldraxxi ever decide “Ok time to take a break from our sacred/essential duties to The Shadowlands to go explore a random dragon island on some planet that poses no threat to the shadowlands.”

Or why would said covenant races chose to integrate with the alliance or horde like the Pandaren/Dracthyr.
    We saved their asses and their lands. Threats has been defeated/pushed back, so they should have less duties and be grateful. They can now travel to our realm. This is how it goes with many AR's. We helped big time Nightborns, Mechagnomes, Kul Tirans, Zanalari and more. We proved ourselves to them, so now they join us.
    Last edited by Makabreska; 2022-05-26 at 06:49 PM.
    Sometimes, the light of the moon is a key to other spaces. I've found a place where, for a night or two, the streets curve in unfamiliar ways. If I walk here, I might find insight, or I might be touched by madness.

Quote Originally Posted by Mutineer View Post
    Oh, it's not that I think they couldn't do it, it's just I think the result will be kind of disappointing. Maybe I'm just misunderstanding, but I think a large part of the appeal of these races is their fashion sense, and if you make them playable, you largely strip that away outside of one very specific set of heritage armor.
    I don't see why that would disqualify Shadowlands races. We have Tauren now in Judgement Paladin armor. Despite the fact that they are presented as a native and shamanistic culture.

IMO the whole point of playable races in WoW in the first place is to expand player choice, and the most important thing that matters here is the rule of cool. People don't play races that don't have cool models. A new player doesn't give a shit about Night Elves and their lore when they create their first Night Elf Hunter. They just think they are cool.

Kyrian, Venthyr, Night Fae and Gladiators are functionally Angels, Vampires, Fauns and Giants - are all just as core to fantasy RPG tropes as Elves and Orcs. But most importantly they are all cool as fuck.

Quote Originally Posted by Jekyll View Post
    You don't have to roll one if you don't like it. You can calm down now. You're welcome
    I'm not even angry, but nice try, but I still can't see this happening as previous posters have pointed out these covenant races would NEED to be neutral.

1+ Year Old Account
    We saved their asses and their lands. Threats has been defeated/pushed back, so they should have less duties and be grateful. They can now travel to our realm. This is how it goes with many AR's. We helped big time Nightborns, Mechagnomes, Kul Tirans, Zanalari and more. we proved ourselves to them, so now they join us.
    This doesn’t make any sense. Covenant ARs have no reason to join us, compared to the current allied races.

They still have their duties, defeating The Jailer doesn’t mean they don’t have anything to do. If anything our helping them gave them even more work.

Now that no more souls are entering The Maw, the Venthyr have a lot more souls to make repent.

The Kyrian still have to ferry souls to The Shadowlands.
    The list goes on.

Plus they could always travel to our realm.

- - - Updated - - -

If next expansion was another cosmic expansion then I’d understand covenant ARs coming in…

But it’s not. There’s no reason why the Kyrian would decide to stop ferrying souls to go and run around a random island that has nothing to do with them or The Shadowlands.
    Chen isn't a Monk

Not every Kyrian has to go to Azeroth.

Maybe some of them are just like "Hm, maybe there is more to life than just doing this forever, maybe we should broaden our horizon a bit so we can actually judge people better!". Necrolords are the easiest to justify, Night Fae and Venthyr are a bit harder.

Even then, wasn't there a datamined quest of Shadowlands races coming to sightsee Azeroth?

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mutineer View Post
    All of the Covenant races would look great with any Shadowlands set though. It's like they were made for them.

#TEAMGIRAFFE

15+ Year Old Account
    But it’s not. There’s no reason why the Kyrian would decide to stop ferrying souls to go and run around a random island that has nothing to do with them or The Shadowlands.
    Why not? A few got attached and help out in pro-active efforts to protect the Shadowlands. There doesn't need to be any grand reason because we've are now connected. It could even be as simple as the brokers working out a deal for protection. Or Theotar taking a band of Venthyr to in search or the universes greatest tea.
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

1+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Makorus View Post
    Not every Kyrian has to go to Azeroth.

Maybe some of them are just like "Hm, maybe there is more to life than just doing this forever, maybe we should broaden our horizon a bit so we can actually judge people better!". Necrolords are the easiest to justify, Night Fae and Venthyr are a bit harder.

Even then, wasn't there a datamined quest of Shadowlands races coming to sightsee Azeroth?
    Necrolords only deal with threats to the shadowlands, hince why they were doing stuff against the legion.

The datamined quest was night fae people, and I’m pretty sure it was cut from the game.
    They could’ve had plans for SL allied races but cut them for obvious reasons.

EDIT: Also Kyrian aren’t meant to judge people or else you get situations like with Uther/Arthas…
    Which is why they were/are forced to give up their memories.
    Last edited by Nightshade711; 2022-05-26 at 07:06 PM.
    Chen isn't a Monk

I mean they fucked up any gravity for Death and the Shadowlands by now so why not. They already have mogs and everything that fits them. Give them the utility covenant abilities as a form of racial and they'd work just fine.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    I mean they fucked up any gravity for Death and the Shadowlands by now so why not. They already have mogs and everything that fits them. Give them the utility covenant abilities as a form of racial and they'd work just fine.
    Except they didn't but I went over this.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

10+ Year Old Account
    Given the stories we just went through with Shadowlands, each of the covenants we met up with could have valid reasons for fighting alongside the mortal races.

• Kyrians just had their entire way of afterlife changed due to a mortal showing them the importance of keeping one's memories & one's self identity. They still have much to learn about the world, the mortals can teach them quite a bit.
    • The Maldraxxi are always up for a good fight, and the mortal races of Azeroth were instrumental in the biggest fight they've had yet. Plus with the Primus having such a strong military mind, he'd see the wisdom in continuing the relationship with the mortal races in case further help is needed.
    • Given that Elune tried to give her favored people to Ardenweald as a gift to her sister, the Winter Queen well could choose to repay in kind by sending guardians to help the remaining few of Elune's favored children.
    • The Venthyr have now with the new Arbiter lost their greatest asset, a place to send souls beyond redemption. They have also lost their leader & creator, now being run instead by his son. To better learn how to bring repentance to those most lost, they can learn much from fighting at the side of mortals.

Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron Lightsong View Post
    Except they didn't but I went over this.
    They did not what? Fuck up the gravity of Death?

15+ Year Old Account
    Necrolords only deal with threats to the shadowlands, hince why they were doing stuff against the legion.
    Right, and the those threats sometimes take them outside of the Shadowlands. So they can easily just be pro-active and send a coalition of covenant forces since they have all been united and fighting together in their recent memories.
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."