Wowhead started making talent trees with mouseover tooltips for better read (not a calculator yet):

https://www.wowhead.com/news/dragonf...ooltips-327276
    Sometimes, the light of the moon is a key to other spaces. I've found a place where, for a night or two, the streets curve in unfamiliar ways. If I walk here, I might find insight, or I might be touched by madness.

Quote Originally Posted by Makabreska View Post
    Wowhead started making talent trees with mouseover tooltips for better read (not a calculator yet):

https://www.wowhead.com/news/dragonf...ooltips-327276
    https://mythictrap.com/dragonflights-talents

Here's a calculator for you. Gives a better idea of what talents one can actually take together. I imagine people will have some thinking to do, and there's clear lines for builds with different focus.

Quote Originally Posted by huth View Post

Here's a calculator for you. Gives a better idea of what talents one can actually take together. I imagine people will have some thinking to do, and there's clear lines for builds with different focus.
    Did Blizzard state that we get 31+2/30 points? Or is that just speculation on their part?
    Edit: Nvm, I found the post.
    Last edited by Cosmic Janitor; 2022-06-04 at 04:21 PM.
    #1) MMO-C should be glad that the British Empire is no more, because they'd want a piece of all the copium trade here.
    #2) Angry players come to the forums to complain about the game... but what loser only comes to the forums to complain about the forums and its users?
    #3)Felating Blizzard too eagerly may lead to oxygen deficiency and worst case asphyxiation. Long-term effects range from delusions up to cerebral necrosis. #4) The WoW playerbase doesn't deserve housing.

Awesome! Looks like I can build my laser owl bear - so atleast for tanks you will clearly be able to go full dmg mode, full boring survival or something in between which is great for different progressions.

I'm confused as to how Wild Growth is a class talent in the 7th row but the resto spec tree has Improved Wild Growth in the first third of the tree, with Unstoppable Growth unlockable right below.

I only just realized that they use green and red eyes for the dk's unholy and blood talent tree artworks - more dk eye customization imminent?

Quote Originally Posted by Arafal View Post
    I'm confused as to how Wild Growth is a class talent in the 7th row but the resto spec tree has Improved Wild Growth in the first third of the tree, with Unstoppable Growth unlockable right below.
    I like to think that Ion got the idea of bringing back talent trees the day of the reveal & all the developers had to roll with it. That's what it feels like. These trees seem like they've been in development for exactly a month & a half.

Quote Originally Posted by Ersula View Post
    I like to think that Ion got the idea of bringing back talent trees the day of the reveal & all the developers had to roll with it. That's what it feels like. These trees seem like they've been in development for exactly a month & a half.
    Ye man, they cooked up entire druid trees shown during the reveal in one day.

I like to think that DF announce broke something in you, because you posts are just next level lately.
    Sometimes, the light of the moon is a key to other spaces. I've found a place where, for a night or two, the streets curve in unfamiliar ways. If I walk here, I might find insight, or I might be touched by madness.

I don't understand how people could possibly dislike Anduins character development of "Man, killing my friends was kinda fun actually, maybe I should go crazy, go stupid?" compared to him being raised all proper and always placing his public image in front of everything else.

Quote Originally Posted by Makorus View Post
    I don't understand how people could possibly dislike Anduins character development of "Man, killing my friends was kinda fun actually, maybe I should go crazy, go stupid?" compared to him being raised all proper and always placing his public image in front of everything else.
    I'd rather him not go another Arthas esque path(I.E. goes bad anyways despite being similar to him). I like Anduin the way he has been. Im giving Blizzard the benefit of the doubt here but the look is....dubious.
    Last edited by Aeluron Lightsong; 2022-06-04 at 06:36 PM.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron Lightsong View Post
    I'd rather him not go another Arthas esque path(I.E. goes bad anyways despite being similar to him). I like Anduin the way he has been. Im giving Blizzard the benefit of the doubt here but the look is....dubious.
    Nah, he wont go that path, he can actually tell right from wrong, can draw conclusions from the past and is free from obsessions. SL simply shown him that there is a dark side to him, like with many other characters in WoW and fiction in general. Jaina was also all for peace until events finally broke her. Same with Uther, when he confronted Arthas in W3. But it doesn't mean Anduin will suddenly go evil, it just gives him some extra depths by having an internal struggle.

Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron Lightsong View Post
    I honestly don't see how it is in any way even remotely close to Arthas?

Arthas turned bad because he desperately wanted to save his kingdom no matter the cost, going as far as to sacrifice his own soul until it was too late.

Anduin fights with the inner conflict of actual enjoying... I don't know... carnage? and the responsibility of being a king. He is unsure whether the enjoyment he had when he was corrupted was actually him or whether it was due to being controlled.

For the longest time, he was just what he needed to be. A king, a Priest, a mediator. But when Sylvanas mentions free will, he probably realizes that he does not need to be any of that.

It's genius in terms of how much it mirrors the fate of the Forsaken and Sylvanas especially.

But it doesn't mean he is going to be evil. It just means that yeah, he isn't just pure lawful good.

I certainly welcome the inevitability of Voidduin, regardless of how temporary it will be.

Quote Originally Posted by Arafal View Post
    I certainly welcome the inevitability of Voidduin, regardless of how temporary it will be.
    I mean, dude's a priest. Duality between light and dark is pretty much in their repertoire.

Quote Originally Posted by Makabreska View Post
    Ye man, they cooked up entire druid trees shown during the reveal in one day.

I like to think that DF announce broke something in you, because you posts are just next level lately.
    a.) I was clearly joking.
    b.) All they showed during the announcement was a mockup with zero specifics. That's absolutely something an intern could slap together in a day.

Quote Originally Posted by Makorus View Post
    But it doesn't mean he is going to be evil. It just means that yeah, he isn't just pure lawful good.
    And that he has to actually think about what he wants to do and believes in. If anything, it opens the possibility of greater development in the future.

And that he has to actually think about what he wants to do and believes in. If anything, it opens the possibility of greater development in the future.
    And that will clash with his duty of being a king. So extra layer there.

Getting back to the talent trees, some observations: You actually have to take off-spec/alternate path talents due to the point requirements for higher tiers.

For example, Unholy must take Perma-Ghoul and Scourge Strike, otherwise they can't get 8 points in their spec tree so they can advance to Tier 5. The only way for a max level Unholy DK to not have both would thus be to not spend their talent points.

Getting back to the talent trees, some observations: You actually have to take off-spec/alternate path talents due to the point requirements for higher tiers.

For example, Unholy must take Perma-Ghoul and Scourge Strike, otherwise they can't get 8 points in their spec tree so they can advance to Tier 5. The only way for a max level Unholy DK to not have both would thus be to not spend their talent points.
    I don't think people suddenly not having perma ghoul was much of an issue, it's more that you may end up without outbreak if you want to focus more on the left side of the tree. In general many parts of the tree are not build in a way to promote synergy and create specialized builds, it's mostly just to herd you through it. With the way the required steps are set up and the way talents are linked, they can easily create pretty hard requirements to get things in the tree. I mean looking at unholy blight, it's just in the right side of the tree, so that you have to waste points on the bare minium minion stuff to get to it, even though it has nothing to do with minions. Frenzied monstrocity and morbidity are also reversed in the tree from an overal synergy point of view.

I have to wonder how many sensible builds you can even do with these in the end. Certainly with the current paradigm you usually want a few key abilities and talents and after you've got them you don't have much left to spend on crazy new, which is probably what these talents were designed to be like if we are honest. Ideally for Blizzard and their future balancing effort they'd just give us the illusion of customization, in reality it would be best for them if the new trees don't allow for much more permuations than the current system.

Edit: Though I have to admit, I'm kinda intrigued by the idea to not have DT and just cherry-pick everything else that has to do with festering wounds, DC and runic power, although I doubt not having any of the two choice talents in the middle is viable..
    Last edited by Cosmic Janitor; 2022-06-05 at 05:20 AM.
    #1) MMO-C should be glad that the British Empire is no more, because they'd want a piece of all the copium trade here.
    #2) Angry players come to the forums to complain about the game... but what loser only comes to the forums to complain about the forums and its users?
    #3)Felating Blizzard too eagerly may lead to oxygen deficiency and worst case asphyxiation. Long-term effects range from delusions up to cerebral necrosis. #4) The WoW playerbase doesn't deserve housing.

I think Anduin will not appear on Dragonflight, and this last dialogue did nothing but set him up for a Void/Light expansion, where he probably will understand the balance between the two after being taken by the void.

Btw, after recent events, where this guy is?
    Back to Kalimdor and Eastern Kingdoms!