1. #58161
    Over 9000! Lahis's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    Finland
    Posts
    9,271
    Quote Originally Posted by Lorca View Post
    Pivoting from the Darkfallen discussion... does anyone now how cross-faction works exactly? And to be more precise: can we group up with other faction players and level together through dungeons-spamming? I understand that yes, but that the group needs to be a complete premade group of people, right? But then maybe you don't get the random dungeon additional experience? I tried to check it on the PTR but never found enough people to try this.
    You can't use matchmaker in cross faction groups, so no random dungeon finder, LFR or PvP matchmaking.
    Last edited by Lahis; 2022-05-27 at 07:34 AM.

  2. #58162
    Quote Originally Posted by choom View Post
    I imagine these would be the skins that would become available to Night Elf and Blood Elf Hunters, considering the Dark Ranger quest is both Alliance and Horde.

    These skins are already in the game, so I imagine it's just a matter of enabling them and making some token quest for players to get them.



    No chance it's Darkfallen as a whole ass Allied Race though lol. It's another Night Warrior type customization unlock if anything.
    Yea, I think many are thinking this, me included. It just feels like a night warrior 8.1 thing tbh.

    Sure a Darkfallen race that represents both the san'layn (bat ears, striped hair, necrotic skin etc) and dark rangers would be great, but i don't think this will happen. In other words, the vampire stuff will not be included and it will be a mere eye color/skin combination. I also dont think you will be able to use red eyes with normal skin etc. Hell it could end up being a mere transmog options (dr recolor armor from wod) it would be wise to hold your horses on this one seeing as the ar intro music theory was also proven something else, same counts for the slimesaber and the splash screens ( no way there is an allied race icon in there) encrypted or not, I would be genuinely surprised if that happends.

    But also nothing can happen, which will be another one of those leaks which got hyped to much. This one will go in the books as a pretty big one as many social media people hopped on the train and hyping everyone up.
    Last edited by Alanar; 2022-05-27 at 07:36 AM.

  3. #58163
    Quote Originally Posted by Lahis View Post
    You can't use matchmaker in cross faction groups, do no random dungeon finder, LFR or PvP matchmaking.
    I still don't really see the point in not being able to do the random matchmaking with cross-faction enabled... but well, as I guessed I understand that I could level with other faction players but having to choose a concrete dungeon and thus loosing the additional experience of the random matchmaking. Thanks!

  4. #58164
    Herald of the Titans Nymrohd's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2022
    Location
    Greece
    Posts
    2,504
    Quote Originally Posted by Lorca View Post
    I still don't really see the point in not being able to do the random matchmaking with cross-faction enabled... but well, as I guessed I understand that I could level with other faction players but having to choose a concrete dungeon and thus loosing the additional experience of the random matchmaking. Thanks!
    The idea is to make any cross faction play VOLUNTARY. So you always choose to join a group that is cross faction and are never forced to play so otherwise.

  5. #58165
    Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    The idea is to make any cross faction play VOLUNTARY. So you always choose to join a group that is cross faction and are never forced to play so otherwise.
    I get that, but if you were playing Horde and I was playing Alliance and then we both enabled the cross-faction option, why shouldn't we be able to play together in random matchmaking along with other players who do the same?

  6. #58166
    Quote Originally Posted by Lorca View Post
    I get that, but if you were playing Horde and I was playing Alliance and then we both enabled the cross-faction option, why shouldn't we be able to play together in random matchmaking along with other players who do the same?
    I guess it would complicate the process of matchmaking groups. Damage dealers already wait long enough, to distinguish them into crossplay vs. non-crossplay groups might make it even worse, especially for Alliance players when there are less players in general.
    MAGA - Make Alliance Great Again

  7. #58167
    Herald of the Titans Nymrohd's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2022
    Location
    Greece
    Posts
    2,504
    Quote Originally Posted by Lorca View Post
    I get that, but if you were playing Horde and I was playing Alliance and then we both enabled the cross-faction option, why shouldn't we be able to play together in random matchmaking along with other players who do the same?
    That would require them to make separate multiple matchmaking queues which would fragment the playerbase more, not less. And thus increase queue times.

  8. #58168
    The Insane Arafal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Location
    Nextdrassil
    Posts
    17,650
    Quote Originally Posted by Makabreska View Post
    What glaring issue? How does it affect WoW and story?
    It affects wows worldbuilding.
    Just because it won't affect the next major narrative Blizzard is gonna spin and you personally don't care for it, doesn't mean that this isn't a glaring issue.

    What changes if she gets no help?
    You have mega hell (Maw) filled with god knows how many souls, you have the covenants who all are with Pelagos that all souls should have a chance at redemption (and most definitely want their anima too), who are perfectly capable of going into the Maw themselves and retrieve those souls.

    Yet they solely rely on one elf lady to do the task for them.
    One elf lady.
    For thousands upon thousands of souls.
    In a giant, twisted, torture chamber of a realm.

    Arbitrarily prolonging the torture and agony of every soul in there, for the sake of punishing a singular person.
    It's absolutely fucking nuts.



  9. #58169
    It’s possible with the Jailer dead all his minions and Mawsworn are gone too so there’s nothing left in the Maw to torture people. They might just sit there completely bored, maybe they start golf clubs.

  10. #58170
    The way I'm seeing this is that she's not necessarily alone in this task. Though where covenants can send different people to help restore the balance and rest between rescues, Sylvanas doesn't have that luxury. She must participate in this effort until all the lost souls are found and send to the arbiter

  11. #58171
    Quick question.

    I know for 9.2, servers were offline for like, 6-8 hours.

    Do .5 patches usually have that long of maintenance too?

  12. #58172
    Epic!
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    Northern California
    Posts
    1,526
    Quote Originally Posted by Lady Atia View Post
    I think the video would have worked better if they had done the patch reveal via a Q&A first, with the video as in-depth look afterwards.
    It would have worked better if it wasn’t a cringe info dump of “Look we are all just sitting around the desk pretending to be having a convo” that shit ended in the 90’s, and it should have stayed there.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Edoll View Post
    It’s possible with the Jailer dead all his minions and Mawsworn are gone too so there’s nothing left in the Maw to torture people. They might just sit there completely bored, maybe they start golf clubs.
    That does sound worse…

  13. #58173
    Herald of the Titans Nymrohd's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2022
    Location
    Greece
    Posts
    2,504
    Quote Originally Posted by Arafal View Post
    Arbitrarily prolonging the torture and agony of every soul in there, for the sake of punishing a singular person.
    It's absolutely fucking nuts.
    It's also narcissism. Our Sylvanas is so important, all the souls in the universe need to suffer that much longer so her "punishment" can have more depth.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Soikona View Post
    It would have worked better if it wasn’t a cringe info dump of “Look we are all just sitting around the desk pretending to be having a convo” that shit ended in the 90’s, and it should have stayed there.
    But what other format would allow them to show enough staff so they can go "Look how diverse we are!" Nevermind that we KNOW the male/female ratio in the company is not at all similar to what was shown in the reveal.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Edoll View Post
    It’s possible with the Jailer dead all his minions and Mawsworn are gone too so there’s nothing left in the Maw to torture people. They might just sit there completely bored, maybe they start golf clubs.
    I think the Maw existed BEFORE Zovaal. So the torture thing is a natural function, Zovaal just used Domination to take control of what naturally happened there.

  14. #58174
    Quote Originally Posted by Jekyll View Post
    So other people shouldn't get to play races they want because you don't like them? Yikes.
    Did I say I didnt like them? wow talk about reading my mind, read what I wrote they'd NEED to be neutral, have all animations, voice lines and the ability to equip all armours... and it's alot of work for the few that want them as I don't see any real outcries for Covenant races to be allied races anywhere but here.

  15. #58175
    It would be cool if these new quests offered new customization achievements like the Night Warrior one in BfA. I always wished they did more of that. Even if we got very minor stuff in the future like tattoos and markings this way.

    Darkfallen -> Blood Elves

    Maw-touched or Night Fae -> Night Elves (assuming they're able to be reborn)

    Not sure if Undead would get anything or even what it would be. But any excuse for straight posture is always welcome

  16. #58176
    Quote Originally Posted by Ersula View Post
    I was going to say "Wouldn't they want to start the pre-order before the patch hits? So the patch going live doesn't detract from the attention of the pre-order?" but then I realized, putting up the Pre-order as soon as the servers are down for maintenance would be a stroke of brilliance. Like "Look what you get as soon as the servers come up!"


    More or less. Val'kyr literally means Kyrian of Valor, associated with Odyn's Halls of Valor. Valor-Kyrian. Kyrian is just them taking the "kyr" part & adding the suffix that makes it a group of people.
    I am actually talking wrath Val'kyr to be precise, we had those before the rest got added to the game. Ofc in the story we are told odyn got the idea of the Kyrian and made it is own. The lich king had their own version which is were it started for us.

    So technically they are the OG ones.

  17. #58177
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyrexia View Post
    Did I say I didnt like them? wow talk about reading my mind, read what I wrote they'd NEED to be neutral, have all animations, voice lines and the ability to equip all armours... and it's alot of work for the few that want them as I don't see any real outcries for Covenant races to be allied races anywhere but here.
    Yes, yes! Better focus on raids, raids and maybe more raids?? M+ raids, raid affixes and stuff, more raids! Haha, that would cost us raid tier lol!

  18. #58178
    Over 9000! Lahis's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    Finland
    Posts
    9,271
    Quote Originally Posted by Khaza-R View Post
    Not sure if Undead would get anything or even what it would be. But any excuse for straight posture is always welcome
    Epic 50 part questline to hunt down The Legendary Chiropractor to yank Forsaken spines straight.

  19. #58179
    Quote Originally Posted by Zulggun View Post
    Yes, yes! Better focus on raids, raids and maybe more raids?? M+ raids, raid affixes and stuff, more raids! Haha, that would cost us raid tier lol!
    Not just raids, they need to focus on making the game fully accessable for all players from all walks of life before catering to the minority, more and better quests (some have been a complete blast in the past), more focus on their story (if they want to focus on the narrative they need to put more effort in) and more interesting way s to keep people playing other than world quests and grinding for gear.

  20. #58180
    Scarab Lord
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    In the same urn as Vol'Jin
    Posts
    4,305
    Quote Originally Posted by Skildar View Post
    The way I'm seeing this is that she's not necessarily alone in this task. Though where covenants can send different people to help restore the balance and rest between rescues, Sylvanas doesn't have that luxury. She must participate in this effort until all the lost souls are found and send to the arbiter
    Yeah I'm pretty sure @Arafal and @Nymrohd are not understanding the situation correctly here at all, and indeed, creatively interpreting it in the most negative and irrational possible way.

    Sylvanas is locked in mega-hell and to work in mega-hell 24-7. That doesn't mean other people can't be visiting mega-hell and helping clean up mega-hell. It just means they're not locked in there 24-7.

    It's like, if I was condemned to work in Walmart all day, for the rest of my life, it wouldn't mean Walmart didn't have any other employees.
    "A youtuber said so."

    "... some wow experts being interviewed..."

    "According to researchers from Wowhead..."

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •