1. #58281
    The Lightbringer Lady Atia's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Join Date
    Nov 2015
    Location
    The Rumour Tower
    Posts
    3,265
    Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron Lightsong View Post
    I've gotten it a few times but my shard seems to breeding with Hordes everywhere.
    Wait what. Can you give us more details on this "horde breeding" on your shard, please?^^ I'm asking for a friend, of course.

    #TEAMGIRAFFE

  2. #58282
    Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    To be fair, that they do it doesn't mean it's done well. ESO's champion points are horrible. Their only saving grace is that they are account wide. If you dared bring a new account into ESO it would take hundreds of hours of grinding to get to a decent enough level to be able to do dungeons. Probably would clock more than a thousand to be competitive.
    That's not really true so as there's a huge difference between "best" and "good enough for dungeons". The amount of Champion Points you need to do any kind of content besides maybe the hardest timed raids is very low. And for the gear cap of 160 CP you barely need half a day of playtime. Champion Points at least are a system that gives your entire account an ongoing progression. That's something WoW desperately needs. If we had one, they wouldn't have started doing the borrowed power crap back in Legion.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Makabreska View Post
    So you want a progression that gives power and carries on to next patch and then expansion?
    Is it so hard to grasp? If they would just extend the talent tree to not come to a halt at max level but have a small max level talent tree at the bottom where you can earn - I don't know - 5 more talent points that are exclusively spent in the bottom section - yes, I want that. And this can easily carry over into the next expansion by just turning some of those talents into new nodes while leveling up... I mean it's as easy as it could be and you still have progression at max level.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Dracullus View Post
    So you want max progression system that won't go away in 10.0. So what for 11.0, new power progression system? You will call devs lazy if they won't invent new one. What after that?
    See comment above.

    And yes, GW2 and ESO are pretty much praised for their horizontal approach - sure, they get negativity for that as well (and in some parts rightfully so), but they do something right where WoW fails (by not having something similar at all).

    I dislike that there is no gear progression in GW2 or ESO because they "capped" the gear at a respective level and went with it. And then introduced stuff like Mythics (ESO) or Ascended (GW2) to still spice things up, but the gear treadmill is missing. I hate that it's every 6 months in WoW, but to have a game like ESO or GW2 where you wear your gear for 4-5 years feels quite boring.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by 8bithamster View Post
    No no. Gw2 was the first ever with that. And more complex flying, and the levelling system etc. The fans will say that gw2 did everything first.
    Don't know what you mean. WoW basically copies GW2 flying system in Dragonflight. They already pretty much adapted to the GW2 system of scaling the world / content and the horizontal progression is there as well. Don't know what it has to do with "fans" when it's just a very basic observation.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by manypillars View Post
    I don't know why people are all over GW2's mounts and post-cap 'progression'. They basically add a new spec 1) that everyone must complete the story and 2) then grind to access and use, and every must do this because 3) it's usually the meta spec.
    1) Not true. You can access it very early by just buying the expansion.

    2) Not true either.

    3) Has barely been the case. Sometimes it is, most times it's not.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by 8bithamster View Post
    Sorry what did they copy? And if you say the flight, just don't. GW2 copied it from countless other games.
    Dragonriding in Dragonflight is basically a 100% copy of GW2's flying. Doesn't mean GW2 invented it, but it couldn't be more obvious were Blizzard is copying Dragonriding from.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Foreign Exchange Ztudent View Post
    Based on the preliminary release date of the Prequel book, the expansion would be placed in March 2023 based on previous estimations of Prequel book to Expansion release.
    Baffles me why people are acting like March 2023 wasn't the natural release date for this expansion from the moment we got the announcement and the clarification about SL season 4. It was always Q1/23.
    Last edited by Nyel; 2022-06-13 at 05:19 PM.
    MAGA - Make Alliance Great Again

  3. #58283
    Quote Originally Posted by Nyel View Post
    Is it so hard to grasp? If they would just extend the talent tree to not come to a halt at max level but have a small max level talent tree at the bottom where you can earn - I don't know - 5 more talent points that are exclusively spent in the bottom section - yes, I want that. And this can easily carry over into the next expansion by just turning some of those talents into new nodes while leveling up... I mean it's as easy as it could be and you still have progression at max level..
    So exactly what borrowed power was?

  4. #58284
    hope they have another class tree preview this friday, i mean if they have 2 talent tree's every fortnight, we would have all of them revealed by beginning of august and just the right time for beta to begin, hope thats the plan anyway as im desperate to see what the do to war/dh/pally/hunter

  5. #58285
    With D4 most likely coming in Q2 2023, this makes 10.0 for a perfect late summer 2023 release in Q3.

  6. #58286
    The Lightbringer Lady Atia's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Join Date
    Nov 2015
    Location
    The Rumour Tower
    Posts
    3,265
    Quote Originally Posted by klaps_05 View Post
    With D4 most likely coming in Q2 2023, this makes 10.0 for a perfect late summer 2023 release in Q3.
    Nope. 10.0 will be Q1 of 2023, no way it still takes more than 14 months. I guess we will get the alpha early next month and after that it's roughly 6-8 months of testing.

    #TEAMGIRAFFE

  7. #58287
    why would they delay one game because of another? afaik Legion came out 3 months after Overwatch, so its not like they have to evenly spread games out or something.
    I will not reply to posts that are non-constructive or contain flaming and/or trolling.

  8. #58288
    Quote Originally Posted by micwini View Post
    why would they delay one game because of another? afaik Legion came out 3 months after Overwatch, so its not like they have to evenly spread games out or something.
    3 months after means it comes in a different quarter of the year, meaning a more consistent earnings curve for the entire year, which in turn looks great for investors.
    The world revamp dream will never die!

  9. #58289
    im going to assume season 4 in august
    maybe alpha in july or august
    then alpha and beta are about 6-7 months
    season 4 maybe 5-6 months

  10. #58290
    The Lightbringer Lady Atia's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Join Date
    Nov 2015
    Location
    The Rumour Tower
    Posts
    3,265
    Quote Originally Posted by Sondrelk View Post
    3 months after means it comes in a different quarter of the year, meaning a more consistent earnings curve for the entire year, which in turn looks great for investors.
    Yep, it will still come in Q1 rather than Q3.

    #TEAMGIRAFFE

  11. #58291
    Quote Originally Posted by Sondrelk View Post
    3 months after means it comes in a different quarter of the year, meaning a more consistent earnings curve for the entire year, which in turn looks great for investors.
    yeah but in this case it would be WoW release before D4 simply because of the launch of immortal kinda holding people over in terms of content for the game

    you wouldnt want to tell your ivestors that you have had nothing for one of the biggest IPs for a year because your other IP needed a launch

  12. #58292
    Quote Originally Posted by Sondrelk View Post
    3 months after means it comes in a different quarter of the year, meaning a more consistent earnings curve for the entire year, which in turn looks great for investors.
    Tbh investors are not idiots. It is much more important for cash flow management.

  13. #58293
    Quote Originally Posted by Lady Atia View Post
    Yep, it will still come in Q1 rather than Q3.
    Yeah, no idea how one would come to the conclusion that Q3, which is still about 13 months away, is more likely than Q1. Their release schedule is pretty clear at the moment:

    Q2/22: Diablo Immortal (June)
    Q4/22: Overwatch 2 (October - although they almost made it to Q3 here)
    Q4/22: WotLK Classic (September-November)
    Q1/23: Dragonflight (March)
    Q2/23: Diablo 4 (although I don't really expect it to release at that time, I expect a delay until Q3 or even Q4/23)

    Q3 this year is a bit lackluster, but I guess they're hoping for DI revenue. Or they squeeze WotLK Classic into September.
    Last edited by Nyel; 2022-06-14 at 03:36 PM.
    MAGA - Make Alliance Great Again

  14. #58294
    Quote Originally Posted by Nyel View Post
    Q3 this year is a bit lackluster, but I guess they're hoping for DI revenue. Or they squeeze WotLK Classic into September.
    Season 4 could happen in Q3 for resubs plus they are still holding Dragonflight preorders so that is a possibility they are holding it to help boost Q3 profits.

  15. #58295
    Quote Originally Posted by Luck4 View Post
    It surprised me, I wasn't expecting them to showcase the Blizzard titles the way they did, they even gave launch dates.

    R.I.P Blizzcon?



    This is my bet as well. I expect to see 11.0 being announced on the June Xbox stream of 2024.

    But I miss Blizzcon panels. Even the Dragonflight announcement wasn't that good for me because we didn't get the machinima trailer or the panels. Yeah, we got a Deep Dive, but I still miss the panels and trailers like this:

    I do have to wonder precisely why it was all so rushed—it doesn't seem to foster hype for the product, does it? I wonder if it was because of any extenuating circumstances. Are they having trouble recovering from Shadowlands? They seem financially-fine, so I don't know what could be the reason for the poor advertising.
    Last edited by Le Conceptuel; 2022-06-14 at 05:06 PM.

  16. #58296
    Void Lord Aeluron Lightsong's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    In some Sanctuaryesque place or a Haven
    Posts
    44,683
    I don't know what you people see as rushing but DF having a different announceement is pretty obvious, we're still in a pandemic and still in a remote working time. Its not optimal but its the reality of the situation. Going back to BFA, it didn't look rushed, minus whatever creepy behavior was going on behind the scenes that eventually lead to the lawsuit.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

    Warrior-Magi

  17. #58297
    Bloodsail Admiral Foreign Exchange Ztudent's Avatar
    1+ Year Old Account
    Join Date
    Sep 2021
    Location
    In Managed Decline
    Posts
    1,156
    I honestly don't know anymore. The whole fact that the Marketing and PR Team okayed what was a suicidal attempt at revealing a product in a manner in which their primary selling points was "Scalies, 4 zones, Talent/Profession revamp" and then leaving more info to be found only 3 days later in interview while for 9.2 Reveal they had the embargoes lifted immediately or a few hours after the 9.2 Presentation that was universally disliked. Again, they should've opened preorders on Day 1.

    This whole situation is absurd from a company whos' main purpose at this point is to extract money while providing as little value to the consumer anyways. So what exactly is happening internally for someone in management to have put a firm stance on shifting policy on the reveal + preorder? Surprising, that is what it is.

    Again, they are trying to find their footing again. I think the emptiness of the base product is fine as long as they got the post launch content on lock on at least a 6 month per major patch cycle.

    The whole Ion comments on the progress of Dragonflight development and the contradictory state of lack of preorder and Feature Trailer alongside the lack of Unencrypted Alpha it is very odd.
    Last edited by Foreign Exchange Ztudent; 2022-06-14 at 05:21 PM.
    I no longer reply to quotations beyond if you're asking a genuine question or have a non-confrontational stance.

    Nihil.


  18. #58298
    Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron Lightsong View Post
    I don't know what you people see as rushing but DF having a different announceement is pretty obvious, we're still in a pandemic and still in a remote working time. Its not optimal but its the reality of the situation. Going back to BFA, it didn't look rushed, minus whatever creepy behavior was going on behind the scenes that eventually lead to the lawsuit.
    Yes, but they still have the resources to at least slap together a proper features trailer. It seems like the whole thing couldn't really be justified by limited resources.

  19. #58299
    Void Lord Aeluron Lightsong's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    In some Sanctuaryesque place or a Haven
    Posts
    44,683
    Quote Originally Posted by Le Conceptuel View Post
    Yes, but they still have the resources to at least slap together a proper features trailer. It seems like the whole thing couldn't really be justified by limited resources.
    This is like the most minor of complaints to worry about, like its almost petty.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

    Warrior-Magi

  20. #58300
    Bloodsail Admiral Foreign Exchange Ztudent's Avatar
    1+ Year Old Account
    Join Date
    Sep 2021
    Location
    In Managed Decline
    Posts
    1,156
    Looks like Blizzard is confirmed to not be at Gamescom either. So again, there's no visible date for any hypothetical spot for Dragonflight news now.

    Very odd considering that the Team has set up another Animated Shorts and they need to reveal Preorders + Release Date.
    I no longer reply to quotations beyond if you're asking a genuine question or have a non-confrontational stance.

    Nihil.


Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •