1. #58281
    Void Lord Aeluron Lightsong's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    In some Sanctuaryesque place or a Haven
    Posts
    43,890
    Quote Originally Posted by Makorus View Post
    People only remember the Artifacts from like 7.2 when Artifact Knowledge was just a thing that happened automatically and they showered you in AP where it was pretty much a cakewalk to reach the first level of Concordance.

    Launch Artifacts were a fucking nightmare. Artifact Knowledge was just bafflingly stupid implemented where if you didn't cap day 1 and you didn't start a new research as soon as the old one finished, you were permanently behind.
    Ahh yes concordance that was something and sorta draining at the end of Legion. Also people need to chill about the story being depressing, its not THAT depressing.


    The fact that even you admit that it's depressing, just shows how depressing it is.

    Compared to how people view it here? No not even close.
    Last edited by Aeluron Lightsong; 2022-06-07 at 05:18 PM.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

    Warrior-Magi

  2. #58282
    The Insane Arafal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Location
    Nextdrassil
    Posts
    17,724
    Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron Lightsong View Post
    its not THAT depressing.
    The fact that even you admit that it's depressing, just shows how depressing it is.



  3. #58283
    I mean, there's always chance of a crumb of Allied Race Tuskarr to cheer us up.

    Right?
    . . .

  4. #58284
    Quote Originally Posted by Marlamin View Post
    Check the Dragonflight trailer. The Dragon Isles are thematically very similar to various things from Northrend. There's new Tuskarr and Titan assets that can be seen as well as a zone that's, both visually and according to interviews, basically Grizzly Hills 2. That's Wintergrasp, part of Ulduar, part of Storm Peaks, the Tuskarr villages in Dragonblight and Grizzly Hills covered. Obviously it won't cover it all 1:1, but I'd say even if it does it partially, it is an indicator of a "two birds with one stone" situation possibly happening here.



    Basically this.
    Ah okay, so this is solely based on observations from the trailer, I thought there is datamining or some hidden stuff (that made it into 9.2.5 PTR or whatever) to back this up.

    Thanks for clarification.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Foreign Exchange Ztudent View Post
    I mean, there's always chance of a crumb of Allied Race Tuskarr to cheer us up.

    Right?
    After the very lukewarm reception of playable of Pandaren I'm pretty sure they wouldn't put work into this.
    MAGA - Make Alliance Great Again

  5. #58285
    Fluffy Parrot Marlamin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    The Netherlands
    Posts
    5,742
    Quote Originally Posted by Nyel View Post
    Ah okay, so this is solely based on observations from the trailer, I thought there is datamining or some hidden stuff (that made it into 9.2.5 PTR or whatever) to back this up.

    Thanks for clarification.
    Don't need any of that when you have a functioning pair of eyes.

  6. #58286
    At this rate I'm feeling afraid that we get only like two to three talent tree reveals a week.

    Just to breadcrumb it out.

  7. #58287
    Quote Originally Posted by Kiivar86 View Post
    At this rate I'm feeling afraid that we get only like two to three talent tree reveals a week.

    Just to breadcrumb it out.
    They will do more than just two a week, or else we aren't getting the alpha until mid july lol. Plus, they also have the Dracthyr blog to post. Unless they plan to post all of this while the alpha is up? Which doesn't make sense imo. Also, it took about 50 days for SL to go from encrypted alpha build to public alpha, and it seems like DF is going to take longer than that.
    Last edited by Gifdwarf; 2022-06-07 at 08:19 PM.

  8. #58288
    Quote Originally Posted by Kiivar86 View Post
    At this rate I'm feeling afraid that we get only like two to three talent tree reveals a week.

    Just to breadcrumb it out.
    Most likely it depends when Alpha will start. I think they will release all 12 at rate to fill wait time, then Evoker class/starting zone blog post on Alpha start (since it probably will be first build).

  9. #58289
    maybe there will be only 1 post a week but it will contain more classes? Remember that druid is a bigger one since its 4 specs.

  10. #58290
    Quote Originally Posted by micwini View Post
    maybe there will be only 1 post a week but it will contain more classes? Remember that druid is a bigger one since its 4 specs.
    I'm not trying to be mean but this is 100% copium. The Resto, Balance, and the Class trees have some small changes from what was shown during the Dragonflight announcement and that was 45~ days ago. Those 2 specs and the class tree were, by all accounts, basically done, as the changes were mostly moving utility around or changing some of the ability choice talents. So, we effectively got 6 "new" talent trees and the completed Resto & Balance ones.

    1 post a week, 2 classes/post is the most likely path with the last week being 3 (unless they want Evoker to be a surprise).

    Quote Originally Posted by Dracullus View Post
    Most likely it depends when Alpha will start. I think they will release all 12 at rate to fill wait time, then Evoker class/starting zone blog post on Alpha start (since it probably will be first build).
    This is most likely what they'll do with a mid-July Alpha.

  11. #58291
    Quote Originally Posted by Makorus View Post
    Maaan, people have been making arguments like that since FOREVER.

    "Oh, 7.0 gonna be a world revamp because something happens while we are on Draenor!"

    "Oh, 8.0 is gonna be a world revamp because of the sword!"

    "Oh, 9.0 is gonna be a world revamp because N'zoth distracted us!"

    "Oh, 10.0 is gonna be a world revamp because time works differently!"
    This only shows how desired it is, just look at fake leaks, since 7.0 the fabled World Revamp is a recurring fake leak.
    Back to Kalimdor and Eastern Kingdoms!

  12. #58292
    Quote Originally Posted by Luck4 View Post
    This only shows how desired it is, just look at fake leaks, since 7.0 the fabled World Revamp is a recurring fake leak.
    I mean, of course it is desired.

    But people acting like "OH NO GUYS ITS DEFINITELY GONNA COME NEXT EXPANSION BECAUSE OF X" is tiresome.

  13. #58293
    The Lightbringer Nymrohd's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2022
    Location
    Greece
    Posts
    3,017
    Quote Originally Posted by Makorus View Post
    I mean, of course it is desired.

    But people acting like "OH NO GUYS ITS DEFINITELY GONNA COME NEXT EXPANSION BECAUSE OF X" is tiresome.
    Do you really get tired by other people's speculation/hype? Honestly the only behaviour I've seen that I'd consider tiresome is the void elf cosplayer. Not even Teriz is tiresome, just mildly annoying.

  14. #58294
    Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    Do you really get tired by other people's speculation/hype? Honestly the only behaviour I've seen that I'd consider tiresome is the void elf cosplayer. Not even Teriz is tiresome, just mildly annoying.
    Well, I don't actually get tired, but it just doesn't offer any actual discussion purposes at this point.

    Yeah they are setting up a new Teldrassil and a new Undercity. OK. Time has shown that does not mean anything, because that's literally what happened in BfA. But then people are gonna spend 20 pages arguing about how it's definitely a revamp. I am not saying that a revamp might not happen with 11.0, and it's probably one of my most wanted things, but going by stuff like "Oh, there's gonna be a new Teldrassil so there is definitely gonna be a revamp!" is getting nobody anywhere.

  15. #58295
    Mechagnome
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Dragon Isles
    Posts
    553
    Quote Originally Posted by Kiivar86 View Post
    So yeah from that it feels more like "it made me think of mages due to the arcane mage ability" and less "they're stealing from arcane mages."
    It was about associating "Evoker" with "Evocation" and nothing else (It was the first association for me.)

    I was away for a moment, I didn't write - but I am watching all the time. All the best

  16. #58296
    The Lightbringer Nymrohd's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2022
    Location
    Greece
    Posts
    3,017
    I still don't get why they didn't just call it Invoker and tie it in to Hearthstone. They've been stealing things from Hearthstone for years now and most of them have been successful.

  17. #58297
    Quote Originally Posted by Luck4 View Post
    This only shows how desired it is, just look at fake leaks, since 7.0 the fabled World Revamp is a recurring fake leak.
    Desired by... forum posters? Don't know if the basic player in game really cares about that.

    I think the general problem is that the topic of another revamp is almost half a decade old by now and there always have been "proofs" or "evidence" that it's coming or in the work except it never came to fruition.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Gifdwarf View Post
    They will do more than just two a week, or else we aren't getting the alpha until mid july lol. Plus, they also have the Dracthyr blog to post. Unless they plan to post all of this while the alpha is up? Which doesn't make sense imo. Also, it took about 50 days for SL to go from encrypted alpha build to public alpha, and it seems like DF is going to take longer than that.
    It's Wednesday and we haven't gotten anything this week, so more than two a week seems very unlikely. Alpha in July seems excessive as we're reaching 8 weeks since the official announcement (soon), but I don't really see it happening within the next one or two weeks, not with Diablo Immortal launch being so fresh.

    As I said in another post, they always can start Alpha with just the classes they have had a blog post about and unlock the others later.
    MAGA - Make Alliance Great Again

  18. #58298
    Quote Originally Posted by Makorus View Post
    Well, I don't actually get tired, but it just doesn't offer any actual discussion purposes at this point.

    Yeah they are setting up a new Teldrassil and a new Undercity. OK. Time has shown that does not mean anything, because that's literally what happened in BfA. But then people are gonna spend 20 pages arguing about how it's definitely a revamp. I am not saying that a revamp might not happen with 11.0, and it's probably one of my most wanted things, but going by stuff like "Oh, there's gonna be a new Teldrassil so there is definitely gonna be a revamp!" is getting nobody anywhere.
    In BfA they destroyed the cities, now we know that they are rebuilding them, big difference. I really think that if WoW wants to survive in the long term a revamp is needed, not only applied to the world but to other systems.

    Dragonflight seems a step in the right direction but there is so much more that they have to do.
    Do not take life too seriously. You will never get out of it alive.

  19. #58299
    The Lightbringer Nymrohd's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2022
    Location
    Greece
    Posts
    3,017
    Quote Originally Posted by Darkarath View Post
    In BfA they destroyed the cities, now we know that they are rebuilding them, big difference. I really think that if WoW wants to survive in the long term a revamp is needed, not only applied to the world but to other systems.

    Dragonflight seems a step in the right direction but there is so much more that they have to do.
    I mean given how they handled Undercity they could just . . . not rebuild it? Just make the old one available in a new phase. Well it always was available in a phase. As is Teldrassil.

  20. #58300
    Over 9000! Lahis's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    Finland
    Posts
    9,335
    Quote Originally Posted by Luck4 View Post
    This only shows how desired it is, just look at fake leaks, since 7.0 the fabled World Revamp is a recurring fake leak.
    Tinkers will revamp the world for 11.0! Confirmed fact!

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •