1. #58341
    Over 9000! Lahis's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    Finland
    Posts
    9,378
    Quote Originally Posted by Lady Atia View Post
    What has MW2 pre-order to do with Dragonflight though?
    ActivisionBlizzard sells both MW2 and Dragonflight. The more presales they can get for both in Q2, the bigger Bobby's bonus will be.

  2. #58342
    Well, the timeframes for MW2 and Dragonflight are completely different. There's another weird odd rumour in the industry going around Diablo 4 being showcased at Xbox + Bethesda and again I still believe that is complete nonsense since it is the usual suspects in the leak community doing their notepad lists.

    I don't think MW2, Diablo 4 or Dragonflight will overlap. I do think maybe that the business side may try and release product to have a nice sustained quarters until acquisition is completed. But, again. This is beyond heavy speculation as again the only really weird oddity with Diablo 4 is the Collector's Edition achievement being put into the game (or on PTR, I forgot) around the same time they added the next WoW Anniversary achievement for the next year which certainly felt odd to me due to the way they time next year WoW anniversary stuff at the tail-end of the year also with said Diablo Collector's Edition achievement.

    There's also the chance that Dragonflight is later than Q1 2023 and the Prequel book default date is not creating a release window for Dragonflight with the usual timeframes from book to expansion release.

    I emphasize that again this is extreme heavy speculation and I am just wondering if there's a financial incentive for the oddity. It may not be the case at all and there's no actual genuine pursuit of record profits before Microsoft takes over at all. It just has the perception of being that way.

    I would also say that it is still unclear what the status are for Diablo 4 and Overwatch 2 PVE. Outside of this speculation I still believe Diablo 4 is a 2024 title and that Overwatch 2 PVE is 2023. But, again it is just curious.

    June 16ths' Overwatch 2 Reveal also is very interesting cause it will be interesting to see how bountiful the news are or if they will continue dripfeeding the Overwatch fanbase.

    We also have the Warcraft 3 Reforged news in June. But, again I doubt that is anything but a forum post.

    I personally believe that MW2 and Warzone 2 will probably do enough damage than releasing other products in the same timeframes or within the next quarters. Not to speak of the genuine oddity of MW2 being put back on Steam which sort of feels like Microsoft has more control than they are supposed to which may delay products like Diablo 4 or Overwatch PVE. But, again who knows.

    I'm also going to be honest, I genuinely have no idea how preorders work financially as I assume the revenue from preorders would come in during the preorder opening quarter which would put further emphasis on offering as many preorders in a quarter for maximized profit. But, again. (Especially since Activision Blizzard digital preorders function by taking your money upfront) I guess we'll see.
    Last edited by Foreign Exchange Ztudent; 2022-06-08 at 05:10 PM.
    . . .

  3. #58343
    Fluffy Parrot Marlamin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    The Netherlands
    Posts
    5,747
    While wowdev has been on 10.0 for a while, as of just now it is also called Dragonflight Internal Alpha in the launcher.


  4. #58344
    Quote Originally Posted by Lady Atia View Post
    Yep, paired with Ion's original "soon, not TM" it feels like they have some unexpected issues with the alpha, hence the delay in pre-orders. But well, maybe we will get something new in a few hours *fingers crossed*
    Why would you assume that? Soon was never a thing of just a few weeks with Blizzard. Last time the soon was 8 weeks and we're almost there. So I'd say it's as expected, they're just misusing the word soon.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Marlamin View Post
    While wowdev has been on 10.0 for a while, as of just now it is also called Dragonflight Internal Alpha in the launcher.

    What does internal Alpha mean?
    MAGA - Make Alliance Great Again

  5. #58345
    Fluffy Parrot Marlamin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    The Netherlands
    Posts
    5,747
    Quote Originally Posted by Nyel View Post
    Why would you assume that? Soon was never a thing of just a few weeks with Blizzard. Last time the soon was 8 weeks and we're almost there. So I'd say it's as expected.

    - - - Updated - - -



    What does internal Alpha mean?
    Blizzard employee only, but on the public launcher so they'll be able to play at home.

  6. #58346
    Has this meant anything in the past with "At Home" Family & Friends being allowed any changes in timeframes?
    . . .

  7. #58347
    Fluffy Parrot Marlamin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    The Netherlands
    Posts
    5,747
    Quote Originally Posted by Foreign Exchange Ztudent View Post
    Has this meant anything in the past with "At Home" Family & Friends being allowed?
    wowdev has never been friends & family to my knowledge, it is purely for employee-only testing (and is encrypted). Friends and Family alphas usually (for for mainline WoW, always) start out on the wow_beta product.

  8. #58348
    Quote Originally Posted by Marlamin View Post
    wowdev has never been friends & family to my knowledge, it is purely for employee-only testing (and is encrypted). Friends and Family alphas usually (for for mainline WoW, always) start out on the wow_beta product.
    Ah okay, thanks. Yeah, I get this stuff mixed up a ton.

    Still really wondering contextually if this means anything or not timeframe wise.

    Honestly, it does seem they are taking their time which is a good thing.
    . . .

  9. #58349
    Fluffy Parrot Marlamin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    The Netherlands
    Posts
    5,747
    Quote Originally Posted by Foreign Exchange Ztudent View Post
    Ah okay, thanks. Yeah, I get this stuff mixed up a ton.

    Still really wondering contextually if this means anything or not timeframe wise.
    No way of knowing really, internal alpha might have been going on with that build from late April for a while (but unlikely since there haven't been any updates) or they're only now just starting it up, if that is the case that means Dragonflight is one step closer to public testing as they're comfortable to letting other employees test as well.

  10. #58350
    Looking back on Shadowlands real quick, it seems like internal Alpha appeared on April 6, 2020, and datamining started on April 9. So we could be days away!

  11. #58351
    Fluffy Parrot Marlamin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    The Netherlands
    Posts
    5,747
    Quote Originally Posted by Worldshaper View Post
    Looking back on Shadowlands real quick, it seems like internal Alpha appeared on April 6, 2020, and datamining started on April 9. So we could be days away!
    Shadowlands went on wowdev the 20th of February 2020, not April.

  12. #58352
    Quote Originally Posted by Marlamin View Post
    Shadowlands went on wowdev the 20th of February 2020, not April.
    At least news websites reported on April 5-6 that the Alpha showed up as internal if you Google it.

    Edit:

    Wowhead reported in on April 3. Guessing they're the original source.

  13. #58353
    Fluffy Parrot Marlamin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    The Netherlands
    Posts
    5,747
    Quote Originally Posted by Worldshaper View Post
    At least news websites reported on April 5-6 that the Alpha showed up as internal if you Google it.
    They'd be wrong, you can probably find a Wowhead article that gets it right from around February 20th (give or take a day due to timezones).

  14. #58354
    Quote Originally Posted by Marlamin View Post
    They'd be wrong, you can probably find a Wowhead article that gets it right from around February 20th (give or take a day due to timezones).
    Check my edit.

  15. #58355
    Fluffy Parrot Marlamin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    The Netherlands
    Posts
    5,747
    Quote Originally Posted by Worldshaper View Post
    Check my edit.
    Still wrong, this would be the comparable event for Shadowlands (to compare with the first Dragonflight build going up on April 22nd this year):

    https://www.wowhead.com/news/shadowl...1-33411-311274

    More specifically, the note in the post about the Battle.net app would be equivalent to what happened today.

  16. #58356
    Quote Originally Posted by Marlamin View Post
    Still wrong [snip]

    More specifically, the note in the post about the Battle.net app would be equivalent to what happened today.
    Fair enough, I'm just going by what was posted.

    "Dragonflight now labelled as internal Alpha."

    "Shadowlands now labelled as internal Alpha."

    Not my field of expertise.

  17. #58357
    Fluffy Parrot Marlamin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    The Netherlands
    Posts
    5,747
    Quote Originally Posted by Worldshaper View Post
    Fair enough, I'm just going by what was posted.

    "Dragonflight now labelled as internal Alpha."

    "Shadowlands now labelled as internal Alpha."

    Not my field of expertise.
    I'm assuming you are refering to this news post, which hasn't happened just yet for Dragonflight.



    Whenever that "deprecated" value is removed and the various strings are updated to say Dragonflight, then definitely sound the alarm bells as that means a public build is likely coming rather soon (but again, hasn't happened yet for DF).

  18. #58358
    The Lightbringer Valysar's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    France
    Posts
    3,268
    Should we count in days or weeks now ?

  19. #58359
    Fluffy Parrot Marlamin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    The Netherlands
    Posts
    5,747
    Quote Originally Posted by Valysar View Post
    Should we count in days or weeks now ?
    We're not really on the standard timeline of these things, but probably weeks (or more) until actual Alpha, the public one.

  20. #58360
    Quote Originally Posted by Valysar View Post
    Should we count in days or weeks now ?
    February 20th to April 9th was seven weeks. So it's definitely weeks. Maybe not seven, but a few.
    MAGA - Make Alliance Great Again

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •