Quote Originally Posted by micwini View Post
    Didnt they say they would have some form of renown in?
    Looking back at a interview/quote they did say that the four main factions will have renown instead of reputation. So they can constantly reward us with cosmetics, new quests, etc. So it does sound like there may be some extra stuff but it doesn't feel like they mean on the same level as covenants or order halls. It feels more like Renown would be the time gate for unlocking more areas rather then being as robust as order halls or covenants. Though maybe they didn't talk about them because they just want to keep details hidden until later in development.

https://www.wowhead.com/news/renown-...neously-326768
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

Quote Originally Posted by 8bithamster View Post
    Don't worry. This is from the same person that claims that "GW2 Perfected flight" when he got proven wrong time and again. Don't take it to seriously.
    There WAS plenty of nostalgia in WoD. Look how much BC and Warcraft characters they brought back. Plus the entire setting showing pre-Horde orcs and Draenei.
    Sometimes, the light of the moon is a key to other spaces. I've found a place where, for a night or two, the streets curve in unfamiliar ways. If I walk here, I might find insight, or I might be touched by madness.

Quote Originally Posted by Makabreska View Post
    There WAS plenty of nostalgia in WoD. Look how much BC and Warcraft characters they brought back. Plus the entire setting showing pre-Horde orcs and Draenei.
    Aah shit, might as well cancel any sequel ever than.. they're just pandering to nostalgia. Seriously, how can people not understand what a sequel/continuation of a story is..

Maybe they will be getting rid of reputations for this expansion? It doesn't seem like there are any factions that aren't represented by the new renown factions, besides maybe the Bronze (unless the Dragon City is including them) or the Gnolls.

Aah shit, might as well cancel any sequel ever than.. they're just pandering to nostalgia. Seriously, how can people not understand what a sequel/continuation of a story is..
    Not sure what that overblown reaction was supposed to be. Guy claimed that WoD had zero nostalgia baiting, when Chris Metzen himself said from the Blizzcon stage that it's time to go to the roots of Warcraft universe and that the Horde will redefine itself.
    Last edited by Makabreska; 2022-06-16 at 02:55 PM.
    Sometimes, the light of the moon is a key to other spaces. I've found a place where, for a night or two, the streets curve in unfamiliar ways. If I walk here, I might find insight, or I might be touched by madness.

For other expansions, yes. But WoD definitely had nostalgia. The entire nonsensical plot was nothing but an excuse to build a what-if machine nodding to WCII and TBC via Outland.
    Last edited by Khaza-R; 2022-06-16 at 02:54 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Khaza-R View Post
    For other expansions, yes. But WoD definitely had nostalgia. The entire nonsensical plot was nothing but an excuse to build a what-if machine nodding to WCII and TBC via Outland.
    The plot made perfect sense and had as much as any other plot in Warcraft. A Bronze dragon opened up a time way with the help of an artifact. The time way was connected to ours and the Iron Horde was created in order to conquer the main time line. Things didn't go as planned and the Legion co-opted it to kick off their own invasion of Azeroth. Sure it allowed a connection to nostalgia but so did TBC and WotLK. That isn't a bad thing.
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

What is the preorder bonus going to be? Now that we know it isn't Dark Rangers.

Quote Originally Posted by Cheezits View Post
    there are 2965 pages...To many comments. I readed that the model encrypted associated to the preorder used "vulpera skeleton" so... expect something small :s

Quote Originally Posted by Cheezits View Post
    I guess Evoker early access and the usual cosmetic things (pet, mount, transmog).

Don't worry. This is from the same person that claims that "GW2 Perfected flight" when he got proven wrong time and again. Don't take it to seriously.
    Great to see that others put you in place because you tried to make a nonsensical argument personal and it backfired.
    MAGA - Make Alliance Great Again

Headcanon much? You do realize that the word lore continued into other expansions right? Or sid you miss that?

Bloodsail Admiral
    Is this even in question?

Quote Originally Posted by Nyel View Post
    I guess Evoker early access
    They'll be in the prepatch so I don't think we need to preorder to have them in early access

Anyone that looks at WoD and goes "nope, not a nostalgia based expansion, no siree" is being willfully obtuse.

The expansion was intended for two things - Nostalgia and a way to bring Gul'dan back to lead to future events.

And to cross-promote the WoW movie.

Quote Originally Posted by Kiivar86 View Post
    Anyone that looks at WoD and goes "nope, not a nostalgia based expansion, no siree" is being willfully obtuse.

The expansion was intended for two things - Nostalgia and a way to bring Gul'dan back to lead to future events.
    Exactly. And people who are cringe enough to claim it was only for nostalgia and nothing else are just being willfully ignorant.

Quote Originally Posted by Zarathos View Post
    there are 2965 pages...To many comments. I readed that the model encrypted associated to the preorder used "vulpera skeleton" so... expect something small :s
    Thats part of the deluxe edition/ultimate edition rewards, it's the pet.

Usually we get something that you can unlock instantly after buying: for BFA it was Allied Races and for SL it was new Death Knight races. Currently there doesn't seem to be something like that.

Headcanon much? You do realize that the word lore continued into other expansions right? Or sid you miss that?
    What part of that is headcanon to you? The intro cinematic literally repeats of the most popular scenes from Reign of Chaos. They de-aged Khadgar just to throw him into the plot and harken back to WC2. The whole thing is dripping with "hey remember this thing from WarCraft past?" moments.

Quote Originally Posted by rhorle View Post
    The plot made perfect sense and had as much as any other plot in Warcraft. A Bronze dragon opened up a time way with the help of an artifact. The time way was connected to ours and the Iron Horde was created in order to conquer the main time line. Things didn't go as planned and the Legion co-opted it to kick off their own invasion of Azeroth. Sure it allowed a connection to nostalgia but so did TBC and WotLK. That isn't a bad thing.
    Missing the part where the dragon who came out of no where thought it would be a good idea to let a war criminal go free and gather a bunch of aliens who tried to conquer the same planet before to help them defeat the Legion. So I'll stick with nonsensical, thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by ChairmanKaga View Post
    Evidently to some it is

Missing the part where the dragon who came out of no where thought it would be a good idea to let a war criminal go free and gather a bunch of aliens who tried to conquer the same planet before to help them defeat the Legion. So I'll stick with nonsensical, thanks.
    The dragon with time powers who didn't suspect he'd get shanked by said war criminal.
    It became clear that it wasn’t realistic to try to get the audience back to being more hardcore, as it had been in the past. -- Tom Chilton

Quote Originally Posted by ChairmanKaga View Post
    Nonsensical it was not. It made sense but I suppose some people chose to not understand it.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi