1. #58761
    Void Lord Aeluron Lightsong's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    In some Sanctuaryesque place or a Haven
    Posts
    44,683
    Quote Originally Posted by Makabreska View Post
    OOOOOOF!!! Bold statement, considering their last game was F76.
    Which has improved since then, and people need to let go of what happened. If people are gonna preorder that is on them, no need to mock them. You can disagree with them all you want but it is their decision at the end of the day. If a game makes you miserable, you are free to leave, I don't think anybody sane should stick around something that clearly annoys and rages them(Even if I think they are being dumb and incorrect).
    Last edited by Aeluron Lightsong; 2022-06-22 at 02:39 PM.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

    Warrior-Magi

  2. #58762
    Quote Originally Posted by Lahis View Post
    Pre-ordering is completely pointless and insane these days. There is no supply or shipping problems to be worried about. You can buy the game the minute it launches and be playing it as soon as the clowns who bought it 6 months ago.
    I don't see the CE lasting 6 months tbh.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Lahis View Post
    We have paid the public performance fees to Teosto and Gramex. We literally have the express consent from copyright holders. You don't operate a radio station on actual FM waves without all of your shit in order.

    However the TOS of Spotify, Amazon or any digital platform prohibits their commercial use, which makes them completely unusable as a source. Under our licenses, no such limitations exists for any physical media though.
    You're playing the WoW soundtrack on the radio for other people? What kind of station is that?

  3. #58763
    Elemental Lord Makabreska's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Streets Strange by Moonlight
    Posts
    8,501
    Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron Lightsong View Post
    Which has improved since then, and people need to let go of what happened. People should also stop assuming Starfield is gonna bomb. Ya'll are too obessed with the past.
    Sorry, that's just my reaction to someone calling probably the worst game launch ever as a "significantly more stable and less buggy than Bethesdas games in a decade". And of course Starfield in not gonna bomb. Bethesda brand is too big and the game will be on Game Pass.
    Last edited by Makabreska; 2022-06-22 at 03:10 PM.
    Sometimes, the light of the moon is a key to other spaces. I've found a place where, for a night or two, the streets curve in unfamiliar ways. If I walk here, I might find insight, or I might be touched by madness.

  4. #58764
    Quote Originally Posted by Xilurm View Post
    You're playing the WoW soundtrack on the radio for other people? What kind of station is that?
    Wappuradio. It is a tradition in my (old) university where we have 24/7 live shows for two to three weeks every April. Since they haven't shoo'd us alumni away, this year I had a show about video game music and goddamn is it infuriating to try to find music from newer games when game companies don't make CD or record soundtracks anymore (or if they do, they're from out of print CEs and stupidly expensive) and just dump stuff on Spotify or Steam.
    Last edited by Lahis; 2022-06-22 at 02:55 PM.

  5. #58765
    I also don't really see the appeal to "pre-ordering". Just wait and if its about to release and you know you are gonna buy it, just ""Pre-order" it one day beforehand and still get all the goodies.
    I will not reply to posts that are non-constructive or contain flaming and/or trolling.

  6. #58766
    The Insane Raetary's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Location
    Base Camp
    Posts
    19,073
    Whether or not you pre-order is just a question of how patient/impatient you are to get the goodies, if you actually want them to beginn with.
    Blizzard doesn't do FOMO pre-orders anymore, all editions and goodies are permanently available in the shop.


    Formerly known as Arafal

  7. #58767
    The Lightbringer Lady Atia's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Join Date
    Nov 2015
    Location
    The Rumour Tower
    Posts
    3,389
    Quote Originally Posted by Arafal View Post
    Whether or not you pre-order is just a question of how patient/impatient you are to get the goodies, if you actually want them to beginn with.
    Blizzard doesn't do FOMO pre-orders anymore, all editions and goodies are permanently available in the shop.
    Actually, the Drakks pet is FOMO this time, and I actually like it. Collectors Editions lost their value when they started to do the digital deluxe editions.

    #TEAMGIRAFFE

  8. #58768
    Quote Originally Posted by Lady Atia View Post
    Actually, the Drakks pet is FOMO this time, and I actually like it. Collectors Editions lost their value when they started to do the digital deluxe editions.
    Well there's always the mousepad and the artbook.

  9. #58769
    Quote Originally Posted by Xilurm View Post
    Well there's always the mousepad and the artbook.
    Mouse pad is usually shit, but the artbook is definitely good for those who appreciate concept art.
    The world revamp dream will never die!

  10. #58770
    The Lightbringer Lady Atia's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Join Date
    Nov 2015
    Location
    The Rumour Tower
    Posts
    3,389
    Quote Originally Posted by Xilurm View Post
    Well there's always the mousepad and the artbook.
    Truu, but both aren't worth the extra 40 euros, especially as the artbook usually gets posted on the internet anyways.

    #TEAMGIRAFFE

  11. #58771
    The backlash of "It's too soon it's gonna be rushed" just proves to me that it's a lose-lose situation for Blizzard either way. I wasn't expecting this to come out this year myself but I also know that if this was announced for Spring or Summer 2023 - there would be just as much negativity about "Omg we can't wait that long, longest wait between expansions ever" and so on.

    Don't get me wrong, I also have hesitation and hope that this won't come out rushed, but I also know that you can't hold something off forever either. And I guess lackluster launches is kind of a thing right? I mean thinking back I feel like most expansions were in a rough/questionable state at release. Wotlk didn't even bother to do an original first raid and re-used Naxx, MoP went overboard on the dailies and Legion for all the good it did in later patches was honestly not that great on launch. So I'm sure Dragonflight will have some issues at launch as well but I hope without any major systems like in the last few expansions that maybe, just maybe they won't need as much of a beta period to get things right. Talents will be a big one but let's hope outside of that they are working on things that will keep us entertained that won't necessarily require a lot of tinkering to get right.

  12. #58772
    The Insane rhorle's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Michigan
    Posts
    19,669
    Quote Originally Posted by Ersula View Post
    This is why people say you are just arguing for the sake of arguing.
    Because I challenge your flawed comments? You said it isn't pessimism while being pessimestic. You don't know details about the expansion yet call it filler. You say Dragonflight is akin to WotLK in content but Shadowlands objectively had more content then WotLK. The reason why you and others always label me as arguing for the sake of arguing is because they don't like being called out on their own BS.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by The Stormbringer View Post
    The indications are everywhere, you just have to look at Shadowlands. Maybe I will be proven wrong, and if I am, I'll be pleasantly surprised. It may shock you but I actually want the game to be good. The problem is the precedent set with Shadowlands.
    So Dragonflight is bad because Shadowlands is bad? Even though you don't know details about Dragonflight to call it bad. You don't actually want the game to be good if you are calling anything bad automatically.
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

  13. #58773
    Quote Originally Posted by Zantera View Post
    The backlash of "It's too soon it's gonna be rushed" just proves to me that it's a lose-lose situation for Blizzard either way.
    I think given how little they have to test that they feel they can get it done and have a profitable year.

    They have new zones, which will reuse a ton of assets, but for the most part can be player-tested to find any bugs.

    They have a new class, but its rediculously limited and has very little that isn't a copy from other classes. Should be very easy to test.

    They have talent and proffession revamps, which look to be MOSTLY the same stuff we have now, packaged slightly differently. Should be quick to test.


    Dragon-Gliding....... Don't know enough about it to judge. So maybe that will take time, assuming they spent alot of resources to make it something interesting.




    Heck, they could even score big if they added little things into the initial offering and worked on good raids after that. Give more body options to the new race (think hunched vs tall orcs, but dracthyr that are more dragon-like or more humanoid like), give people the ability to customize them in alot of ways that lets people pick what they want them to look like.

    Do that, and make the graphics good and you could get away with a successful new class/race (throw in a tank spec!)

    Then take the talent trees and make them feel like your character can be really powerful at 70. Remove most of the base abilities from the specs, put in 4-6 more talents that allow you to scale different parts of your class/spec so people excited to get to play with the new trees.


    Do that and you'd have a success. Its still possible and wouldn't take that much work.

  14. #58774
    Elemental Lord Makabreska's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Streets Strange by Moonlight
    Posts
    8,501
    Quote Originally Posted by Gumble View Post
    I think given how little they have to test that they feel they can get it done and have a profitable year.

    They have new zones, which will reuse a ton of assets, but for the most part can be player-tested to find any bugs.

    They have a new class, but its rediculously limited and has very little that isn't a copy from other classes. Should be very easy to test.
    Ok, and how do we know these when all we have are few second snippets from the reveal event?

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Gumble View Post
    They have talent and proffession revamps, which look to be MOSTLY the same stuff we have now, packaged slightly differently. Should be quick to test.
    Again, talents may not be new, but combinations are. We are now basically allowed to take entire rows of current talents, plus all the other stuff, old and new. Talents may need the most testing here.
    Sometimes, the light of the moon is a key to other spaces. I've found a place where, for a night or two, the streets curve in unfamiliar ways. If I walk here, I might find insight, or I might be touched by madness.

  15. #58775
    Quote Originally Posted by Makabreska View Post
    Ok, and how do we know these when all we have are few second snippets from the reveal event?
    Because they are lazy made belf copies and so their class mechanic must be a lazy copy, too!!!!111111

    /s

  16. #58776
    Reforged Gone Wrong The Stormbringer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Premium
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    ...location, location!
    Posts
    15,398
    Quote Originally Posted by rhorle View Post
    Because I challenge your flawed comments? You said it isn't pessimism while being pessimestic. You don't know details about the expansion yet call it filler. You say Dragonflight is akin to WotLK in content but Shadowlands objectively had more content then WotLK. The reason why you and others always label me as arguing for the sake of arguing is because they don't like being called out on their own BS.

    - - - Updated - - -

    So Dragonflight is bad because Shadowlands is bad? Even though you don't know details about Dragonflight to call it bad. You don't actually want the game to be good if you are calling anything bad automatically.
    No, I think you're misunderstanding what I'm saying. Shadowlands was bad, therefor Dragonflight has the potential to be bad. Just because signs are pointing towards it being bad doesn't mean IT IS BAD. I obviously don't know that Dragonflight is bad, but I'm extrapolating from data we've gained from the past (Shadowlands) and predicting a potential outcome (Dragonflight possibly being bad).

    You may call that nothing, or think it's stupid, but it's just looking at history.

  17. #58777
    So when we getting Season 4, given a December or even November release?

  18. #58778
    Pit Lord boyzma's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    In yer base, killing yer dudes
    Posts
    2,395
    Quote Originally Posted by The Stormbringer View Post
    No, I think you're misunderstanding what I'm saying. Shadowlands was bad, therefor Dragonflight has the potential to be bad. Just because signs are pointing towards it being bad doesn't mean IT IS BAD. I obviously don't know that Dragonflight is bad, but I'm extrapolating from data we've gained from the past (Shadowlands) and predicting a potential outcome (Dragonflight possibly being bad).

    You may call that nothing, or think it's stupid, but it's just looking at history.
    Where are you getting the POTENIAL for it being bad? Just because in your opinion the previous expansion was bad therefore this one will be bad? Thats pretty messed up logic. In your logic I can say (insert last major holiday) sucked so the next one will suck? Or the last baby born into the family was ugly as a mud fence so the next one will be too? You have seen very very little so know very very little. So quit saying the sky is falling.

  19. #58779
    The Insane rhorle's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Michigan
    Posts
    19,669
    Quote Originally Posted by The Stormbringer View Post
    No, I think you're misunderstanding what I'm saying. Shadowlands was bad, therefor Dragonflight has the potential to be bad.
    You said the indications of Dragonflight being bad are everywhere. Potential wasn't a part of this until you got called out. You predicting an outcome is you indicating you don't want the game to be good and calling it bad even with out knowing the details.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Atticon View Post
    So when we getting Season 4, given a December or even November release?
    As soon as the Alliance Hall of Fame closes for Sepulcher. So 42 more kills. https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-us/ga...ction=ALLIANCE
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

  20. #58780
    Quote Originally Posted by The Stormbringer View Post
    No, I think you're misunderstanding what I'm saying. Shadowlands was bad, therefor Dragonflight has the potential to be bad. Just because signs are pointing towards it being bad doesn't mean IT IS BAD. I obviously don't know that Dragonflight is bad, but I'm extrapolating from data we've gained from the past (Shadowlands) and predicting a potential outcome (Dragonflight possibly being bad).

    You may call that nothing, or think it's stupid, but it's just looking at history.
    WoD was bad as well you know. And did not have even a fraction of Shadowlands' excuses for being bad.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •