1. #59121
    The Lightbringer Lady Atia's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Join Date
    Nov 2015
    Location
    The Rumour Tower
    Posts
    3,266
    Quote Originally Posted by AngerFork View Post
    To a certain extent, it makes sense if you are trying to get real testing for each version of WoW to do Wrath first. If both were out around the same time, streamers would likely go to DF first as that's more likely to get viewers, new content & all, which would somewhat bury visibility of the Wrath beta. Doing it this way, there's some actual testing happening for the beta which they can see...and is still pretty needed, if not as needed as for retail. Here's a bug MrGM found to illustrate how weird things just kind of happen: https://twitter.com/MrGMYT/status/1539932825608126465
    That isn't a bug, it's a feature. :P

    #TEAMGIRAFFE

  2. #59122
    Pandaren Monk AngerFork's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Right behind you!
    Posts
    1,758
    Quote Originally Posted by Lady Atia View Post
    That isn't a bug, it's a feature. :P
    I suppose horses sacrificing Scarlet Crusade members upstairs in a tavern could be a new direction for the plot to add in. #SomeChanges

  3. #59123
    Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    Is it possible there is an actual F&F Alpha going on that we don't know about? I think it used to be that alpha was not early beta access for streamers but an actual stability test that was not dataminable.
    The test build is publicly visible already isn't it?

    That was the whole thing a while back that Marlamin talked about. That we'd know when alpha-y testing starts because that would start getting frequent build updates instead of mostly just sitting there.

  4. #59124
    Quote Originally Posted by Hitei View Post
    The test build is publicly visible already isn't it?

    That was the whole thing a while back that Marlamin talked about. That we'd know when alpha-y testing starts because that would start getting frequent build updates instead of mostly just sitting there.
    Guess you are right. Probably mostly vendor builds to make sure everything is stable so far then.

    That said, there is absolutely no reason for alpha to be long. Sorry but the fairly long alphas we've had in the past few expacs just felt like marketing.

  5. #59125
    Quote Originally Posted by tumbleweed010 View Post
    That's because it actually doesn't need much testing?

    Talent trees have already been broken down why they essentially require the bare minimum of testing.

    Crafting system needs testing.

    Reputation moving towards reknown doesn't require testing since it's using the existing reknown infrastructure over the base reputation you'd normally see. Functionally the same but visually different is all.

    The biggest changes are the talent trees and crafting system and only one of those requires actual testing. Assuming Blizzard didn't lie back in April that they're ahead of schedule/further along in development compared to past expansions, 5 months of testing is plenty.
    I don't think you know what testing means.

  6. #59126
    Honestly one of the most important forms of testing that NEVER happens is how endgame reward structures feel.

  7. #59127
    Page 3000 hype! We did it everyone, now hopefully we get an official Alpha or Beta so we can migrate over to a new general discussion thread.
    The world revamp dream will never die!

  8. #59128
    Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    Honestly one of the most important forms of testing that NEVER happens is how endgame reward structures feel.
    That's because they haven't cared about how they "feel" in years, only on how to apply maximum theoretic player retention metrics to them without taking into account player burnout.

  9. #59129
    Void Lord Aeluron Lightsong's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    In some Sanctuaryesque place or a Haven
    Posts
    44,683
    Quote Originally Posted by Atticon View Post
    That's because they haven't cared about how they "feel" in years, only on how to apply maximum theoretic player retention metrics to them without taking into account player burnout.
    This really weird argument they don't care is obnoxious. Of course they care
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

    Warrior-Magi

  10. #59130
    Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron Lightsong View Post
    This really weird argument they don't care is obnoxious. Of course they care
    Depends on who's "they". If they they are the same people who make the decisions on what mounts are obtainable in-game and which are cash shop? You still think they care?
    It's been very obvious to me that a big part of the decision making process when it comes to the game for the past few expansions has been "how do we maximize profits" rather than "how do we make the game fun?" Does that mean I think the devs actually working on the meat of the game don't care? Of course it doesn't, they probably pour their hearts and souls into it. But are "they" still the "they" who make the actual decisions at the end of the road?

  11. #59131
    Quote Originally Posted by Sondrelk View Post
    It does have its own set of rewards, so unless guilds are solely raid progression focused it's going to be hard to ignore the decently hefty rewards.

    - - - Updated - - -



    It's down to looking at one specific type of damage, primarily stemming from a set bonus, which itself is from the last raid, end of expansions further having a reputation for throwing balance out the window in the name of fun.

    Some classes will always dominate in certain patches depending on damage type and unique power gains. Expecting perfect parity in all forms of content at all times is not just unrealistic, it's downright antithetical to class diversity.
    There is a pretty vast ocean between "perfect parity" and being half as effective as other classes in an extremely prominent type of damage.

  12. #59132
    Quote Originally Posted by Sondrelk View Post
    It does have its own set of rewards, so unless guilds are solely raid progression focused it's going to be hard to ignore the decently hefty rewards.

    - - - Updated - - -



    It's down to looking at one specific type of damage, primarily stemming from a set bonus, which itself is from the last raid, end of expansions further having a reputation for throwing balance out the window in the name of fun.

    Some classes will always dominate in certain patches depending on damage type and unique power gains. Expecting perfect parity in all forms of content at all times is not just unrealistic, it's downright antithetical to class diversity.
    The raid reward is essentially a mount you can get by doing a raid in lfr

    The new loot rewards will be interesting

  13. #59133
    The Lightbringer Lady Atia's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Join Date
    Nov 2015
    Location
    The Rumour Tower
    Posts
    3,266
    Quote Originally Posted by Forum Man View Post
    The raid reward is essentially a mount you can get by doing a raid in lfr

    The new loot rewards will be interesting
    Honestly, I actually like the reward structure this time. LFR/Normal gives a mount, HC a title and Mythic the portals, all time-limited from what it looks like. Everyone can get the mount and most people will be able to get the title while the Mythic reward isn't too much of a problem if you miss out on it, especially if you got the +20 ports already.

    #TEAMGIRAFFE

  14. #59134
    I need news on when S4 actually starts, Fated raids rotate weekly so I want to be able to get my mount in a month's sub.
    ...which is why it probably won't start until 2-3 weeks after these preorders went up won't it?

  15. #59135
    The Lightbringer Lady Atia's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Join Date
    Nov 2015
    Location
    The Rumour Tower
    Posts
    3,266
    Quote Originally Posted by Atticon View Post
    I need news on when S4 actually starts, Fated raids rotate weekly so I want to be able to get my mount in a month's sub.
    ...which is why it probably won't start until 2-3 weeks after these preorders went up won't it?
    Why should it start so soon? Alliance HoF isn't even full and they already said S4 will be quite short. I expect it in late August, that would give us ~3 months for S4.

    #TEAMGIRAFFE

  16. #59136
    The Insane rhorle's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Michigan
    Posts
    19,426
    Quote Originally Posted by Atticon View Post
    I need news on when S4 actually starts, Fated raids rotate weekly so I want to be able to get my mount in a month's sub.
    ...which is why it probably won't start until 2-3 weeks after these preorders went up won't it?
    With the nerfs to Mythic it seems clear Blizzard is waiting on HoF for Alliance to fill up. It is now at 67 so a few more have been added this past week. So I would imagine a week or two after it hits 100. Though that is if it does hit 100 but I imagine Blizzard would nerf it to the ground just to get it filled up.
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

  17. #59137
    ....hkhkhgj
    Last edited by MightyWarrior; 2022-06-24 at 06:40 PM. Reason: ............

  18. #59138
    Elemental Lord Makabreska's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Streets Strange by Moonlight
    Posts
    8,274
    Quote Originally Posted by SamuelGrazza View Post
    ....hkhkhgj
    Ye same

    /10 cardiac arrests
    Sometimes, the light of the moon is a key to other spaces. I've found a place where, for a night or two, the streets curve in unfamiliar ways. If I walk here, I might find insight, or I might be touched by madness.

  19. #59139
    Quote Originally Posted by SamuelGrazza View Post
    ....hkhkhgj
    mood

    /tenchar

  20. #59140
    Quote Originally Posted by SamuelGrazza View Post
    ....hkhkhgj

    how blizzard sees beta feedback:

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •