10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Cheezits View Post
    I think a lot of people misinterpret the robot thing because they see the council fight and stop there. It was honestly a mistake to make them talk in the raid because it confuses people and makes them think that the Eternal Ones are just robots.

Only the body is a robot. The soul is 100% a unique entity (see: Pelagos entering the Arbiter body). But the raid boss makes it look like they talk and act fairly normally WITHOUT their soul, which is likely done just to give the fight some flavor, but absolutely muddles the lore.

They should've said stuff life "ENGAGING HOSTILES" in a robot voice instead of sounding like their usual selves.

- - - Updated - - -

The updated stables in the main cities point to the revamp happening sooner than later. The stormwind one is especially glaring as it uses updated Mage Quarter textures for the first time since Cata.
    Here's the thing - if a lot of people that engage with the story fail to understand something about that story, that's not a failure of those people. It's a failure of storytelling.

Quote Originally Posted by Berkilak View Post
    Here's the thing - if a lot of people that engage with the story fail to understand something about that story, that's not a failure of those people. It's a failure of storytelling.
    I didn't say whose fault it is, and implied in the post that the fight is the reason for the confusion. You good?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Berkilak View Post
    He didn't blame anyone but ok. For the record though, people should take responsibility for not understanding it even though its clear. The architechture of Oribos is very Titanesque another group of Order esque stuff and machines. The "Machine of death" is broken and we then learn the Arbiter that looks very robot esque is broken, then we see that host body for a new arbiter, strange the original Arbiter was Zovaal, could that mean he to has a robo oh actually he does. We even have a boss fight of a prototype eternal ones council(Without their souls mind you).

The kyrians may be dogmatic but I don't necessarily see it as theme of a robot or what not. Shadowlands in general is very ordered. Most noble souls are SUPPOSED to go to Bastion, Animals and related go to Ardenweald(Emerald Dream spirits go there to). Revandreath is for sinners who have committed bad deeds and such.

THe Maw is for the worst souls ever.

Very systematic. This isn't completely what I thought originally but really the signs were there.
    Last edited by Aeluron Lightsong; 2022-06-29 at 02:48 PM.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

7+ Year Old Account
    So far their comments about the new team look quite promising

https://www.wowhead.com/news/spellbr...ainment-327522

John Hight, via VentureBeat said:
    “As you probably are aware, folks in World of Warcraft have a voracious appetite for content,” said Hight. ” And what we’ve seen over the last year is that we need to increase the amount of content that we can create, and the frequency with which we’re putting it in the hands of our players.

“That’s one of the things that made this decision easy for us to start working with Proletariat, as they have a large remote work force,” Hight said.

Likewise, Proletariat CEO Seth Sivak comments on the studio's experience in games and the decision to cease development of Spellbreak, their free-to-play Battle Royale.
    Seth Sivak, via VentureBeat said:

“Spellbreak was a critical success, and we felt like we really delivered something fresh in the battle royale genre,” Sivak said. “There is a lot of competition in that area, where you are competing with some of the biggest games in the world. We just couldn’t get the escape velocity necessary for us to continue to expand it.”

Sivak said, “As we looked at where what the next chapter was going to be for Proletariat, this opportunity just meant that we could accelerate what we wanted to do. Being able to work for the World of Warcraft audiences is really awesome. And the level of ambition on where I think both teams want to take World of Warcraft is incredibly exciting for us.

“The really exciting part is what we’re going to build going forward,” Sivak said. “That was the real selling point for us, the level of ambition for what we want to do with World of Warcraft.”
    Also it seems like they already worked on Dragonflight since last month!

Proletariat has been working with the Warcraft team since May of this year and some of their work will be featured in Dragonflight, though no specifics on exactly how far along their integration is at this point. As far as we're aware, it appears that the Proletariat staff will continue to be headquartered in Boston, working remotely on Dragonflight and future Blizzard projects.
    Last edited by Lady Atia; 2022-06-29 at 02:46 PM.

#TEAMGIRAFFE

Quote Originally Posted by Lady Atia View Post
    So far their comments about the new team look quite promising
    Love that they outright say they were slacking in the content development (ie patches) and this to help fix it. That and then reiterating ambition in the future (DF doesn't seem too crazy, but next expansion..?)

10+ Year Old Account
    I didn't say whose fault it is, and implied in the post that the fight is the reason for the confusion. You good?
    I was expounding upon what you were getting at.

Which, I suppose, is ironic.
    Last edited by Berkilak; 2022-06-29 at 03:22 PM.

Love that they outright say they were slacking in the content development (ie patches) and this to help fix it. That and then reiterating ambition in the future (DF doesn't seem too crazy, but next expansion..?)
    i can say that the idea of "players consume a lot of content so we just need to make more" is a refreshing thing to say after years of them gating content to slow us down

Cool, they must have like 350+ people working on WoW now.
    Feels nice to be excited again after the worst year ever.

Bloodsail Admiral Foreign Exchange Ztudent's Avatar
    1+ Year Old Account
    Good prospects of an East Coast expansion for the WoW Team. Other than that, its 100 resources. WoW has had such severe increases of resources that have never manifested itself in the game.

Hopefully this means they stop having a managerial style of Minimum Viable Product once Microsoft takes over and they have quick rapid expansion of the team on both coasts. (Also cheaper labor on the East Coast which will be tremendously important, as well)

This is good for 11.0 and beyond. Don't believe much in these resources showing up in Dragonflight though.
    Last edited by Foreign Exchange Ztudent; 2022-06-29 at 04:19 PM.
    I no longer reply to quotations beyond if you're asking a genuine question or have a non-confrontational stance.

Nihil.

Quote Originally Posted by Hyrja View Post
    Cool, they must have like 350+ people working on WoW now.
    Feels nice to be excited again after the worst year ever.
    Just 350? Blizzard has around 4700 employees last we heard. And only 350 working on WoW seems pretty weird.

The Unstoppable Force Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Xilurm View Post
    Just 350? Blizzard has around 4700 employees last we heard. And only 350 working on WoW seems pretty weird.
    Blizzard has a ton of people not on any one team or not in game development rolls and instead work on things like translation web coding testing ect.

For example BFA had almost 6000 people contribute to it in one way or another.https://www.mobygames.com/game/windo...zeroth/credits
    All I ever wanted was the truth. Remember those words as you read the ones that follow. I never set out to topple my father's kingdom of lies from a sense of misplaced pride. I never wanted to bleed the species to its marrow, reaving half the galaxy clean of human life in this bitter crusade. I never desired any of this, though I know the reasons for which it must be done. But all I ever wanted was the truth.

Quote Originally Posted by Lorgar Aurelian View Post
    Blizzard has a ton of people not on any one team or not in game development rolls and instead work on things like translation web coding testing ect.

For example BFA had almost 6000 people contribute to it in one way or another.https://www.mobygames.com/game/windo...zeroth/credits
    Damn that's a lot of customer service names.

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    If think our hopes for revamp in next thread will change from "it's 10.0, if not now then when?" to "it's 20th anniversary, if not now then when?". At least first step, I mean Blizzard planning 11.0 release to match with round anniversary, sounds really likely.

Maybe even they want November to be stable release month since Shadowlands sold more copies despite less hype around compared to BfA/Legion.

The Unstoppable Force Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Xilurm View Post
    Damn that's a lot of customer service names.
    Ya the numbers are much larger then you’d expect with all the bad press blizzard gets about things like layoffs. The over all numbers has steadily grown every expan, though shadowlands doesn’t have a handy number break down like this for what ever reason.
    All I ever wanted was the truth. Remember those words as you read the ones that follow. I never set out to topple my father's kingdom of lies from a sense of misplaced pride. I never wanted to bleed the species to its marrow, reaving half the galaxy clean of human life in this bitter crusade. I never desired any of this, though I know the reasons for which it must be done. But all I ever wanted was the truth.

High Overlord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Could Today finally the Day where the Alpha starts?

1+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by unbrained View Post
    Could Today finally the Day where the Alpha starts?
    More luck on Thursday and Friday. Most likely end scenario is next Tuesday if we're unlucky.
    I no longer reply to quotations beyond if you're asking a genuine question or have a non-confrontational stance.

Nihil.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Foreign Exchange Ztudent View Post
    More luck on Thursday and Friday. Most likely end scenario is next Tuesday if we're unlucky.
    Shadowlands Alpha start was announced on a Monday, with invites going out at the end of that week.

#TEAMGIRAFFE

1+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lady Atia View Post
    Shadowlands Alpha start was announced on a Monday, with invites going out at the end of that week.
    Yes, but there's this thing called July 4th on Monday.

Nihil.

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    For this week dataminable build is probably all we can hope for. My bet is launch within two weeks from now.

Then we will see what's about this early release date. No matter how big is their progress, first week could be just Evoker starting zone to focus feedback on specific features, key thing is how quick they will release next zones and how complete are classes whenever they'll be open for testing.

Quote Originally Posted by Foreign Exchange Ztudent View Post
    Yes, but there's this thing called July 4th on Monday.
    They could announce it on Monday through blue post like Shadowlands.

So the Amazon Prime bonuses were officially announced, was hoping the helms will remain exclusive.