1. #59421
    The Unstoppable Force Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Location
    Land of moose and goose.
    Posts
    24,996
    Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    Could be that Blackrock was volcanic and his seat was in the caldera.
    Do you want therazhane to drop a volcano on you? Because that sounds like a good way to make it happen.

    Rag isn’t the brightest of the lords but I’d assume he’d tried to avoid something like that as it would be pretty obvious after one battle with her.
    All I ever wanted was the truth. Remember those words as you read the ones that follow. I never set out to topple my father's kingdom of lies from a sense of misplaced pride. I never wanted to bleed the species to its marrow, reaving half the galaxy clean of human life in this bitter crusade. I never desired any of this, though I know the reasons for which it must be done. But all I ever wanted was the truth.

  2. #59422
    Quote Originally Posted by Cheezits View Post
    Correct me if I'm wrong but I don't think the affixes have been testable, even if they are in? I haven't seen any footage of them.
    The M+ one has been tested, if you're referring to the fated raid ones then those haven't as far as I know, but they are available in the files.

  3. #59423
    Quote Originally Posted by Lorgar Aurelian View Post
    Do you want therazhane to drop a volcano on you? Because that sounds like a good way to make it happen.

    Rag isn’t the brightest of the lords but I’d assume he’d tried to avoid something like that as it would be pretty obvious after one battle with her.
    And by this logic WHERE would he place his seat of power?

  4. #59424
    Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    And by this logic WHERE would he place his seat of power?
    The Firelands?

  5. #59425
    I think this lines up with a late November release.

    August/September/October then half of November for the season. Prepatch for two weeks then launch.

  6. #59426
    Quote Originally Posted by Makorus View Post
    The Firelands?
    The Firelands did not exist in primordial Azeroth. I was talking about where Ragnaros was based ON Azeroth before the Black Empire and before the Keepers created the Elemental Planes to lock him up.

  7. #59427
    The Unstoppable Force Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Location
    Land of moose and goose.
    Posts
    24,996
    Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    And by this logic WHERE would he place his seat of power?
    Two likely possibility's really.

    he wouldn’t have one as he’d be to short tempered for the whole base thing and would just roam around spawning volcanos burning stuff and picking fights.

    Or the highest most Blatant point he could find (black rock spire) as a challenge to the other lords as he was all about up front combat and crushing his enemy’s so he’d want them to know where to find him to throw down and show his superiority over there scheming ways.
    All I ever wanted was the truth. Remember those words as you read the ones that follow. I never set out to topple my father's kingdom of lies from a sense of misplaced pride. I never wanted to bleed the species to its marrow, reaving half the galaxy clean of human life in this bitter crusade. I never desired any of this, though I know the reasons for which it must be done. But all I ever wanted was the truth.

  8. #59428
    Why are we speculating about Ragnaros suddenly
    I will not reply to posts that are non-constructive or contain flaming and/or trolling.

  9. #59429
    Quote Originally Posted by micwini View Post
    Why are we speculating about Ragnaros suddenly
    Because Firelands were merely a setback.

  10. #59430
    less than 350 jailer kills, shadowlands really sent wow into the afterlife eh

  11. #59431
    The Insane rhorle's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Michigan
    Posts
    19,770
    Quote Originally Posted by Lorgar Aurelian View Post
    If any thing He’d likely have some above ground fort or even use black rock as a throne like that one elemental in ashenvale.
    Black Rock didn't exist back then as it was also formed when Ragnaros was summoned by the dwarves. Though your point does stand for any other mountain.

    "The mountain is actually a volcano that was created at the end of the War of the Three Hammers when the Dark Iron lord, Thaurissan, accidentally summoned Ragnaros the Firelord from his prison in the Firelands. The power unleashed by his "rebirth" was so massive it shattered a large section of the Redridge Mountains creating the areas now known as the Searing Gorge and Burning Steppes, creating Blackrock Mountain."
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

  12. #59432
    Elemental Lord Makabreska's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Streets Strange by Moonlight
    Posts
    8,667
    Quote Originally Posted by micwini View Post
    Very interesting that the hardest tier of all time is also one of the shortest.
    Hardest tier (if it really is) that is also nerfed the hardest.
    Sometimes, the light of the moon is a key to other spaces. I've found a place where, for a night or two, the streets curve in unfamiliar ways. If I walk here, I might find insight, or I might be touched by madness.

  13. #59433
    The Unstoppable Force Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Location
    Land of moose and goose.
    Posts
    24,996
    Quote Originally Posted by rhorle View Post
    Black Rock didn't exist back then as it was also formed when Ragnaros was summoned by the dwarves. Though your point does stand for any other mountain.

    "The mountain is actually a volcano that was created at the end of the War of the Three Hammers when the Dark Iron lord, Thaurissan, accidentally summoned Ragnaros the Firelord from his prison in the Firelands. The power unleashed by his "rebirth" was so massive it shattered a large section of the Redridge Mountains creating the areas now known as the Searing Gorge and Burning Steppes, creating Blackrock Mountain."
    Ah I must have missed/forgotten that then.

    He’d likely just be stomping around full time then, assuming the caves the dwarfs took root in even existed back then he likely wouldn’t want to squish down there and put him self at risk of cave in without even a cool volcano on top.
    All I ever wanted was the truth. Remember those words as you read the ones that follow. I never set out to topple my father's kingdom of lies from a sense of misplaced pride. I never wanted to bleed the species to its marrow, reaving half the galaxy clean of human life in this bitter crusade. I never desired any of this, though I know the reasons for which it must be done. But all I ever wanted was the truth.

  14. #59434
    Quote Originally Posted by Makabreska View Post
    Hardest tier (if it really is) that is also nerfed the hardest.
    It's also the first last tier in a long time where it doesn't have some "borrowed power" nerf mechanic.

    MoP had the Cloak, WoD had the upgradeable ring, Legion had the dump trait and the upgradeable trinket, BfA had Corruptions and the cape.

  15. #59435
    Quote Originally Posted by Makorus View Post
    It's also the first last tier in a long time where it doesn't have some "borrowed power" nerf mechanic.

    MoP had the Cloak, WoD had the upgradeable ring, Legion had the dump trait, BfA had Corruptions.
    Don't forget the shit with the artifacts going crazy in Legion that made everyone insanely OP.

  16. #59436
    The Insane rhorle's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Michigan
    Posts
    19,770
    Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    The Firelands did not exist in primordial Azeroth. I was talking about where Ragnaros was based ON Azeroth before the Black Empire and before the Keepers created the Elemental Planes to lock him up.
    The Elementals lost a war against the Old Gods so a map post-war isn't nessacarily where they had an HQ pre-war. So Ragnaros, or any elemental, could have been based anywhere. There just isn't much lore about anything to do with the Elementals or that time period on Azeroth. Chronicles brushed over it because it wasn't important to flesh out at the time but I think we will get some hints this expansion.

    Since it is pretty clear the theme is the Primordial Azeroth vs Titan and it is implied the aspects get their power back somehow. I'm guessing the Titans don't come back and we will see more elemental/early lore defined. Maybe even some first one lore.
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

  17. #59437
    Quote Originally Posted by Makorus View Post
    It's also the first last tier in a long time where it doesn't have some "borrowed power" nerf mechanic.

    MoP had the Cloak, WoD had the upgradeable ring, Legion had the dump trait and the upgradeable trinket, BfA had Corruptions and the cape.
    Ilvl is going to explode. That is the "nerf: mechanic. I think they said normal Season 4 M0s are going to drop 268.

  18. #59438
    Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Join Date
    May 2016
    Location
    Poland
    Posts
    8,194
    My current prediction (assuming they will finish Beta in time) for date is 15th November. I think 22nd November is latest possible date (if we want usual raid schedule and raiders spending Christmas with families), but this is Thanksgiving week, so not 100% comfortable for Blizz (it happened in SL though, of course with delayed release).

    So 15th would imply 25th October pre-patch, which lines up with S4 starting on 2nd August (12 weeks, 4 'rounds').

  19. #59439
    Quote Originally Posted by Ferlion View Post
    Ilvl is going to explode. That is the "nerf: mechanic. I think they said normal Season 4 M0s are going to drop 268.
    Except surely AOTC/CE won't be achievable in S4.

  20. #59440
    Elemental Lord Makabreska's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Streets Strange by Moonlight
    Posts
    8,667
    Not gonna lie, this early S4 really fucks up my guild, and many others. We may not get CE at this point. Five months final CE tier? C'mon Blizz. Goddamn WoD had 14 months.
    Last edited by Makabreska; 2022-06-30 at 05:45 PM.
    Sometimes, the light of the moon is a key to other spaces. I've found a place where, for a night or two, the streets curve in unfamiliar ways. If I walk here, I might find insight, or I might be touched by madness.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •