1. #59741
    The Insane Raetary's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Location
    Base Camp
    Posts
    19,003
    Quote Originally Posted by micwini View Post
    I watched in horror at this post, but thankfully it doesn't need to be clicked
    I mean, you might not need to click it but its healing range is 10 yards.
    So you do need to run to it to get the heal.


    Formerly known as Arafal

  2. #59742
    Elemental Lord Makabreska's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Streets Strange by Moonlight
    Posts
    8,275
    Guys guys guys. Please ignore the obvious baiter.
    Sometimes, the light of the moon is a key to other spaces. I've found a place where, for a night or two, the streets curve in unfamiliar ways. If I walk here, I might find insight, or I might be touched by madness.

  3. #59743
    That's a lot of damage on holy tree.

  4. #59744
    Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    That's a lot of damage on holy tree.
    Theoretically they could put dps builds into tank & healer specs, perhaps merely to create chaos.

    It might be just be for leveling. Do we know if changing a talent loadout is more, less, or equally restrictive as changing specs?

  5. #59745
    Quote Originally Posted by Ersula View Post
    Theoretically they could put dps builds into tank & healer specs, perhaps merely to create chaos.

    It might be just be for leveling. Do we know if changing a talent loadout is more, less, or equally restrictive as changing specs?
    Its like how you change talents now. You can also save builds, so once you've set it up you can basically switch to "dps leveling mode" in 1 click in a rested area.
    I will not reply to posts that are non-constructive or contain flaming and/or trolling.

  6. #59746
    Quote Originally Posted by Makabreska View Post
    Guys guys guys. Please ignore the obvious baiter.
    Booh! No fun allowed!

  7. #59747
    Quote Originally Posted by micwini View Post
    Its like how you change talents now. You can also save builds, so once you've set it up you can basically switch to "dps leveling mode" in 1 click in a rested area.
    Depending on the specific values, it also seems like they put certain playstyles in trees you wouldn't expect: A pet-less disease based Death Knight? It exists, but its in Frost, not Unholy. The Holy Fire Priest seems to be made for the Discipline Priest who doesn't want to use that new light/shadow stance-swap mechanic.

  8. #59748
    Quote Originally Posted by rhorle View Post
    So you admit you were wrong because a novice is successfully containing the void.
    It's cute how you think a random voidwalker represents the Void.

    But Nope, I scientifically, biologically, and objectively am never wrong because I always back my statements with evidence from the source material.

  9. #59749
    Herald of the Titans Nightshade711's Avatar
    1+ Year Old Account
    Join Date
    Feb 2022
    Location
    K’aresh
    Posts
    2,578
    Quote Originally Posted by rhorle View Post
    The really missed the opportunity Legion provided of expanding demons to a hunter-like system. They did a little with glyphs but there really should be more customization with the pets.
    Agreed.
    Especially with all the demons they added in Legion. I'd love to have one of those Fel Lords instead of a Fel Guard.
    Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    Chen isn't a Monk

  10. #59750
    As excited as I am for Alpha/Beta, I am kind of hoping they just release a client to test stuff while keeping the majority encrypted. Only like one zone or something for Dragonflight testing

  11. #59751
    Over 9000! Lahis's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    Finland
    Posts
    9,966
    Quote Originally Posted by Makabreska View Post
    What? They didn't milk the talents for 5 posts over a week before making the calculator?

  12. #59752
    Quote Originally Posted by Makabreska View Post
    Well that was fast this time lol

  13. #59753
    The Insane rhorle's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Michigan
    Posts
    19,432
    Quote Originally Posted by Varodoc View Post
    It's cute how you think a random voidwalker represents the Void.
    They are creatures of the Void. So you haven't backed anything up with source material and have blatantly lied.

    https://wowpedia.fandom.com/wiki/Voidwalker
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

  14. #59754
    Quote Originally Posted by rhorle View Post
    They are creatures of the Void. So you haven't backed anything up with source material and have blatantly lied.

    https://wowpedia.fandom.com/wiki/Voidwalker
    Nope. You're wrong and I'm right:

    "Alleria Windrunner is the first mortal to succeed at defying the shadow's whispers."

    https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-us/game/races/void-elf

    Our beloved Blizzard has spoken and Void elves are far more impressive than shadow priests or warlocks. Alleria Windrunner is and will forever be the first to successfully defy the whispers of the shadows. Both Shadow Priests and Warlocks miserably and pathetically failed.

    Also, I guess that following your logic then a novice lvl 5 warlock controls the Legion because they can summon an imp.

  15. #59755
    Herald of the Titans Nightshade711's Avatar
    1+ Year Old Account
    Join Date
    Feb 2022
    Location
    K’aresh
    Posts
    2,578
    Quote Originally Posted by Varodoc View Post
    Nope. You're wrong and I'm right:

    "Alleria Windrunner is the first mortal to succeed at defying the shadow's whispers."

    https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-us/game/races/void-elf

    Our beloved Blizzard has spoken and Void elves are far more impressive than shadow priests or warlocks. Alleria Windrunner is and will forever be the first to successfully defy the whispers of the shadows. Both Shadow Priests and Warlocks miserably and pathetically failed.

    Also, I guess that following your logic then a novice lvl 5 warlock controls the Legion because they can summon an imp.
    Idk man it is pretty clear that our player characters aren't mortals.
    Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    Chen isn't a Monk

  16. #59756
    Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Posts
    8,025
    Quote Originally Posted by Varodoc View Post
    Nope. You're wrong and I'm right:

    "Alleria Windrunner is the first mortal to succeed at defying the shadow's whispers."

    https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-us/game/races/void-elf

    Our beloved Blizzard has spoken and Void elves are far more impressive than shadow priests or warlocks. Alleria Windrunner is and will forever be the first to successfully defy the whispers of the shadows. Both Shadow Priests and Warlocks miserably and pathetically failed.

    Also, I guess that following your logic then a novice lvl 5 warlock controls the Legion because they can summon an imp.
    Void elves are anything, but impressive. They are straight up nobodies m8.

  17. #59757
    I'll never understand why this is not just considered flamebaiting.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Btw I still don't get these trees. Why are there 4 different talents about Shadow Apparition yet none of them require Shadow Apparition to be chosen (while the talents that REQUIRE it, don't affect it). And one of those is on the opposite side of the tree.

  18. #59758
    The Insane rhorle's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Michigan
    Posts
    19,432
    Quote Originally Posted by Varodoc View Post
    Also, I guess that following your logic then a novice lvl 5 warlock controls the Legion because they can summon an imp.
    The Burning Legion is one group of Chaos. The Void is the entire cosmic force. So a Warlock can control the Void by controlling a creature of the Void. Alleria is the first mortal to master a specific part of the void's corruption. She is not the first mortal to ever control the Void. Also we know that isn't even an accurate statement since Etherals are mortals and have mastered the Void hence why Locus-walker exists as a teacher...

    So again you ignore the source material to write your fanfic about Void elves.
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

  19. #59759
    Quote Originally Posted by rhorle View Post
    The Burning Legion is one group of Chaos. The Void is the entire cosmic force. So a Warlock can control the Void by controlling a creature of the Void. Alleria is the first mortal to master a specific part of the void's corruption. She is not the first mortal to ever control the Void. Also we know that isn't even an accurate statement since Etherals are mortals and have mastered the Void hence why Locus-walker exists as a teacher...

    So again you ignore the source material to write your fanfic about Void elves.
    Alleria Windrunner is the first mortal to defy the shadows' whispers, as stated in the Canonical source I provided.

    This means that every mortal prior to her succumbed to the whispers.

  20. #59760
    The Insane rhorle's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Michigan
    Posts
    19,432
    Quote Originally Posted by Varodoc View Post
    Alleria Windrunner is the first mortal to defy the shadows' whispers, as stated in the Canonical source I provided. This means that every mortal prior to her succumbed to the whispers. It's easy to understand.
    It is a race writeup that ignores even the story of how Alleria learned to control the shadow. You know where she was taught by a mortal that learned to control the void. Do you not actually know the lore of the race you love so much?
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •