1. #59921
    The Insane Raetary's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Location
    Base Camp
    Posts
    19,003
    It's just one day guys.


    Formerly known as Arafal

  2. #59922
    hopefully tomorrow is the day. i am dying for datamined builds

  3. #59923
    Herald of the Titans Nightshade711's Avatar
    1+ Year Old Account
    Join Date
    Feb 2022
    Location
    K’aresh
    Posts
    2,578
    I don’t see them actually opening anything up today because actually doing that would likely require someone in the offices.

    At most we’ll get a forum post saying “Oh hey Alpha later this week/next week” because forum posts can be set on a timer and what not.
    Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    Chen isn't a Monk

  4. #59924
    Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    I am sure maintenance crews will keep working or at least specific shifts will. The majority are probably out of office that day though. Sure you can time an announcement to release on its own but you still want to be there to respond if needed.
    Bank holidays and such are so much more meangingless these days, personally here in England I have worked all Bank holidays so far and we are not getting paid any extra or any extra days off for it, There are always shifts to cover holidays regardless.

  5. #59925
    Quote Originally Posted by Makabreska View Post
    From 1-10, how much are you triggered that Blizzard is on holiday with one of their most important holidays, and that we should not expect any big things today? sheeesh
    Blizzard is on holiday? Again.. No

    Their US office has a day off. There are other countries in the world where they work. Damn the American arrogance that the whole world is celebrating their tea tossing.

    It's adorable.

  6. #59926
    Quote Originally Posted by Catastrophy349 View Post
    I will happily stop this back and forth in its tracks. This happened on Veteran’s Day, November 11, 2021 last year. https://www.wowhead.com/news/shadowl...-324822?page=2

    Consume whatever thoughts you will from this.
    Veteran's day is not the same as Thanksgiving or 4th of July.

  7. #59927
    Pandaren Monk Worldshaper's Avatar
    1+ Year Old Account
    Join Date
    Jun 2022
    Location
    Azeroth
    Posts
    1,867
    Definitely a day off for the devs. Some server technicians might be working but that's probably about it. They don't have a European office anymore so, we can safely bet nothing interesting comes out today.

    Perhaps a scheduled Mog Monday tweet.

  8. #59928
    Quote Originally Posted by 8bithamster View Post
    Blizzard is on holiday? Again.. No

    Their US office has a day off. There are other countries in the world where they work. Damn the American arrogance that the whole world is celebrating their tea tossing.

    It's adorable.
    Blizzard, which is an American company, is off for holiday.

    You are aware that most offices outside of the US ones are literally just Customer Service Reps or Server Engineers, not actual developers?

    No one's saying that EVERYBODY working for Blizzard is off, just the part that people actually give a shit about.

  9. #59929
    Elemental Lord Makabreska's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Streets Strange by Moonlight
    Posts
    8,275
    Quote Originally Posted by 8bithamster View Post
    Blizzard is on holiday? Again.. No

    Their US office has a day off. There are other countries in the world where they work. Damn the American arrogance that the whole world is celebrating their tea tossing.

    It's adorable.
    So let's wait and see if they release/announce anything today, ok? If they will drop and maintain a sudden Alpha on PTR servers, which are located in USA, ok?
    Sometimes, the light of the moon is a key to other spaces. I've found a place where, for a night or two, the streets curve in unfamiliar ways. If I walk here, I might find insight, or I might be touched by madness.

  10. #59930
    Quote Originally Posted by Makabreska View Post
    So let's wait and see if they release/announce anything today, ok? If they will drop and maintain a sudden Alpha on PTR servers, which are located in USA, ok?

    Aah yes. That logic. "They didn't do anything today at all so America is the only that matters."

    Nowhere did I disagree with nothing happening today. I only disagreed with the idiots who claimed that somehow the 4th of July has an impact on the world. Which it doesn't.

  11. #59931
    Elemental Lord Makabreska's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Streets Strange by Moonlight
    Posts
    8,275
    Quote Originally Posted by 8bithamster View Post
    Aah yes. That logic. "They didn't do anything today at all so America is the only that matters."

    Nowhere did I disagree with nothing happening today. I only disagreed with the idiots who claimed that somehow the 4th of July has an impact on the world. Which it doesn't.
    On the world? No. On releasing an Alpha to PTR servers located in America by American company, run by Americans? Yes.
    Sometimes, the light of the moon is a key to other spaces. I've found a place where, for a night or two, the streets curve in unfamiliar ways. If I walk here, I might find insight, or I might be touched by madness.

  12. #59932
    Quote Originally Posted by 8bithamster View Post
    Aah yes. That logic. "They didn't do anything today at all so America is the only that matters."

    Nowhere did I disagree with nothing happening today. I only disagreed with the idiots who claimed that somehow the 4th of July has an impact on the world. Which it doesn't.
    4th of July has an effect on a company that operates in the US.

    Do you think there are any actual game-related staff at any of the offices outside of the US?


    Take a look at what they are hiring. The non-US branches are only hiring for customer service positions.

  13. #59933
    Moderator Aucald's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Epic Premium
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Philadelphia, PA-US
    Posts
    45,354
    This thread isn't about random holidays or nationalism - so let's return to the discussion back to speculation about WoW 9.x/10.0 and drop the unrelated arguments.
    "We're more of the love, blood, and rhetoric school. Well, we can do you blood and love without the rhetoric, and we can do you blood and rhetoric without the love, and we can do you all three concurrent or consecutive. But we can't give you love and rhetoric without the blood. Blood is compulsory. They're all blood, you see." ― Tom Stoppard, Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead

  14. #59934
    Quote Originally Posted by 8bithamster View Post
    Aah yes. That logic. "They didn't do anything today at all so America is the only that matters."

    Nowhere did I disagree with nothing happening today. I only disagreed with the idiots who claimed that somehow the 4th of July has an impact on the world. Which it doesn't.
    Don’t think anyone here claimed that. Just that it has an impact on the company that is based here in the US.

  15. #59935
    Quote Originally Posted by Marcellus1986 View Post
    Don’t think anyone here claimed that. Just that it has an impact on the company that is based here in the US.
    We had several people claim that because Blizzard is a US based company, every office in the world of Blizzard is closed today. Which is factually untrue, labor laws completely prove that false.

    But it's completely irrelevant. Anyone hoping for an alpha this week is just way to hopeful. So far this thread we have seen:


    "This week guys for sure!"
    Friday rolls around
    "Next week guys for sure!"

    This happens every alpha of every expansion. We simply have no clue what will happen when. Claiming that X has an influence on Y without even knowing what their base values are is absolutely useless. All we can do is wait and maybe sometime we can see the start of the alpha. But I personally don't expect it at least until August.
    Yes the pre order claims that "The release date is on or before 31-12-2022" but that has 0 legal basis, they might just release it later. And yes, people will scream it's a delay and a horrible business practice. But since a placeholder date (which 31-12 is) is not a confirmed date, you have nothing to be angry about.

  16. #59936
    Something that really bothers me about people talking smack on the “number of features” in Dragonflight: it’s no different than TBC or Wrath (two expansions people go nuts over). Think about it, what did we get (feature wise) from those expansions that is less or more than Dragonflight? I think the problem is people are/were expecting “more” because of Legion/BFA/SL BUT think about how many systems there were (and people hated it). So, I don’t know. It’s funny.

    I’m other news, can’t wait for Alpha/DF news!

  17. #59937
    Elemental Lord Makabreska's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Streets Strange by Moonlight
    Posts
    8,275
    Quote Originally Posted by Catastrophy349 View Post
    Something that really bothers me about people talking smack on the “number of features” in Dragonflight: it’s no different than TBC or Wrath (two expansions people go nuts over). Think about it, what did we get (feature wise) from those expansions that is less or more than Dragonflight? I think the problem is people are/were expecting “more” because of Legion/BFA/SL BUT think about how many systems there were (and people hated it). So, I don’t know. It’s funny.

    I’m other news, can’t wait for Alpha/DF news!
    Correction. BC/WotLK had much less activities, compared to DF. No M+, less BGs and Arenas, less Raid diffs, no pet battles, no Brawler Club, less or no achievements, no transmogs to farm etc. But it was still more than in previous xpac, so peeps were perfectly fine. And ye, features like Torg, Isles and War Fronts were panned, but I guess peeps are just looking at in in a numerical way, and say that the number o features is smaller than in SL, so therefore DF is bad.
    Last edited by Makabreska; 2022-07-04 at 05:54 PM.
    Sometimes, the light of the moon is a key to other spaces. I've found a place where, for a night or two, the streets curve in unfamiliar ways. If I walk here, I might find insight, or I might be touched by madness.

  18. #59938
    Quote Originally Posted by Makabreska View Post
    Correction. BC/WotLK had much less activities, compared to DF. No M+, less BGs and Arenas, less Raid diffs, no pet battles, no Brawler Club, less or no achievements, no transmogs to farm etc. But it was still more than in previous xpac, so peeps were perfectly fine. And ye, features like Torg, Isles and War Fronts were panned, but I guess peeps are just looking at in in a numerical way, and say that the number o features is smaller than in SL, so therefore DF is bad.
    By this cumulative logic, you're admitting Dragonflight could have had NO new features & you, specifically, would still use this excuse to say "Dragonflight has the most features ever of any expansion"

  19. #59939
    Elemental Lord Makabreska's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Streets Strange by Moonlight
    Posts
    8,275
    Quote Originally Posted by Ersula View Post
    By this cumulative logic, you're admitting Dragonflight could have had NO new features & you, specifically, would still use this excuse to say "Dragonflight has the most features ever of any expansion"
    No. Not sure how your brilliant head came to this conclusion. Did I trigger your "where are borrowed powers and Torghast" thingy?
    Sometimes, the light of the moon is a key to other spaces. I've found a place where, for a night or two, the streets curve in unfamiliar ways. If I walk here, I might find insight, or I might be touched by madness.

  20. #59940
    People say "Oh, I don't want systems that I need to for combat reasons and I don't mind them when they are cosmetic only", yet who honestly did Torghast in 9.2 when it was entirely cosmetic only? The people bitching probably didn't.

    I don't mind having no "systems", I really don't, but I think the playerbase is gonna be in for a wake up call.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •