Quote Originally Posted by Marlamin View Post
    Definitely. I'd like a form of it to return even though they've said there's no plans, obviously not themed all Jailer-y and stuff, I feel like the Dragonflights are perfect as there's more than enough access to different venues, especially through the bronze one.
    I think the gamemode/tech will be revisited when we return to EK/Kalimdor, though to what extent I'm not sure. I think they may be waiting for an area where they can do generic caves and Dragon Isles just didn't feel like a good fit due to the focus on being outside.

I personally loved Torghast, sue me.
    I guess you don't play priest.

torghast has so much potential, i really hope they don't abandon it

the same "rogue-like" experience but with the environment art from the argus invasion points or bfa island expeditions would already be so much better

Quote Originally Posted by Makabreska View Post
    Well, Torgh and Islands simply didn't stick. Therefore they were half abandoned.
    Torghast wasn't really half abandoned, it was seriously beefed up and got a new gamemode each patch. It just isn't in DF.

I don't think it was as disliked as Islands and Warfronts, where both were mostly liked for their music and rewards. And the tech was well regarded unlike the bots in BFA.

Definitely. I'd like a form of it to return even though they've said there's no plans, obviously not themed all Jailer-y and stuff, I feel like the Dragonflights are perfect as there's more than enough access to different venues, especially through the bronze one.
    To be honest: I personally won't miss Torghast as I hate dungeon crawlers. I'd rather they develope something new or expand on dragonriding.

Quote Originally Posted by Cheezits View Post
    Torghast wasn't really half abandoned, it was seriously beefed up and got a new gamemode each patch. It just isn't in DF.

I don't think it was as disliked as Islands and Warfronts, where both were mostly liked for their music and rewards.
    Both Torg and Islands failed for me in "procedural generated environment" and AI department. Blizz was so proud when announcing these, yet delivery was really lacking and boring.
    Sometimes, the light of the moon is a key to other spaces. I've found a place where, for a night or two, the streets curve in unfamiliar ways. If I walk here, I might find insight, or I might be touched by madness.

Quote Originally Posted by Arafal View Post
    I guess you don't play priest.
    Nope, I wasn't even able to fully complete Torghast on my main (Arms Warr), had to do it on an alt Hunter I made and leveled only for Torghast.

Renown campaigns will be timegated, yes. Otherwise the patch is over for most casual players week 1 when they finish the story and unsub.
    Some will, some won't.

I do wonder how they track metrics for how to keep a gamemode. M+ has a vocal hatebase but clearly is played enough to stick around.

I don't think the solo + bots modes are fully abandoned, but are def on the backburner for DF so devs are put elsewhere. Part of this is world revamp copium that may be vindicated based on HD assets in the DF files (we never got those HD human houses).

Quote Originally Posted by hink View Post
    torghast has so much potential, i really hope they don't abandon it

the same "rogue-like" experience but with the environment art from the argus invasion points or bfa island expeditions would already be so much better
    Really what Torghast needed (beyond actual fun abilities for classes missing them), is rewards similar to Island expeditions, which is still likely the best reward pool the game has in terms of replayability. You could spend weeks continously grinding it, and still find new stuff. If Blizzard spent some time adding new tints to various weapons and armor sets then they could probably make any feature something players do beyond any practical sense.
    The world revamp dream will never die!

Quote Originally Posted by Sondrelk View Post
    Really what Torghast needed (beyond actual fun abilities for classes missing them), is rewards similar to Island expeditions, which is still likely the best reward pool the game has in terms of replayability. You could spend weeks continously grinding it, and still find new stuff. If Blizzard spent some time adding new tints to various weapons and armor sets then they could probably make any feature something players do beyond any practical sense.
    Unless the new renowns have similar rewards to SL covenants (multiple armors, mounts, toys etc) it does kind of feel like there is a rift in the amount of art assets we are receiving this expansion.

Could have to do with Dracthyr hogging it or the lack of media in general for this expansion, but all we've seen in terms of armor are what looks like 3 questing quality sets: Tuskarr arctic gear, the knight set and what looks to be a dragon themed set. All of which are missing 3D pieces.

Where's the art going?

What Torghast needed was far greater variety in environments and mobs. We needed the Island Expeditions content with the Torghast gameplay.

Like I said I've been liking the newBlizz going on(Sue me >.>).

What Torghast needed was far greater variety in environments and mobs. We needed the Island Expeditions content with the Torghast gameplay.
    Its kinda what I said, doing Torghast in a tower of the damned is a nice theme but..... the enjoyment gets worn out over time. A new environment as you said would IMO made it more pallatable. How they can do that, I don't know exactly but it would be better.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    Yup. Torghast was so incredibly drab and same-y. Islands win here big time. And the so hyped proceduraly generated content and AI (Islands opposite faction) just wasn't good enough. Up to this day, dungeons are still best, quick content. TBH MoP scenarios were more enjoyable then these, for me.
    Last edited by Makabreska; 2022-07-04 at 07:23 PM.
    Sometimes, the light of the moon is a key to other spaces. I've found a place where, for a night or two, the streets curve in unfamiliar ways. If I walk here, I might find insight, or I might be touched by madness.

Unless the new renowns have similar rewards to SL covenants (multiple armors, mounts, toys etc) it does kind of feel like there is a rift in the amount of art assets we are receiving this expansion.

Could have to do with Dracthyr hogging it or the lack of media in general for this expansion, but all we've seen in terms of armor are what looks like 3 questing quality sets: Tuskarr arctic gear, the knight set and what looks to be a dragon themed set. All of which are missing 3D pieces.

Where's the art going?
    It's really not that big a difference honestly. Counting just the sets we know or can assume will be in Dragonflight we are already at 21 sets. And that is assuming only a single levelling set and a single dungeon set for each armor type.
    The world revamp dream will never die!

Where's the art going?
    I think this complaint is a bit overblown lmao.

We have seen fuck all for this expansion.

It's really not that big a difference honestly. Counting just the sets we know or can assume will be in Dragonflight we are already at 21 sets. And that is assuming only a single levelling set and a single dungeon set for each armor type.
    I think that the knight may just be the plate leveling, the tuskarr is leather leveling and that dragon one is Mail as the evokers are wearing it on the front page.

Yes, we haven't seen a lot of the expansion, but SL set some heavy precedent with 16 new armor sets on TOP of the questing and dungeon sets. It would be nice to see any of these new renown rewards.

that dragon one is Mail as the evokers are wearing it on the front page.
    I think that's their specific starter gear, not the main mail lvling set.

Quote Originally Posted by Arafal View Post
    I think that's their specific starter gear, not the main mail lvling set.
    The Orc from the Collectors Edition is also wearing the same gear though.

- - - Updated - - -

I also enjoyed it, especially the two newer modes. The problem was that blizzard forced everyone to do two runs per week, which lead to burnout. Pair it with basically 0 rewards compared to Island Expeditions and you have a formula for disaster.

Quote Originally Posted by Makabreska View Post
    Yup. Torghast was so incredibly drab and same-y. Islands win here big time. And the so hyped proceduraly generated content and AI (Islands opposite faction) just wasn't good enough. Up to this day, dungeons are still best, quick content. TBH MoP scenarios were more enjoyable then these, for me.
    If islands could be done solo/did not have the time pressure, I think people would have spent a huge amount of time in them.