1. #60001
    Bloodsail Admiral Nightshade711's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2022
    Location
    Argus
    Posts
    1,151
    Quote Originally Posted by Varodoc View Post
    Nope. You're wrong and I'm right:

    "Alleria Windrunner is the first mortal to succeed at defying the shadow's whispers."

    https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-us/game/races/void-elf

    Our beloved Blizzard has spoken and Void elves are far more impressive than shadow priests or warlocks. Alleria Windrunner is and will forever be the first to successfully defy the whispers of the shadows. Both Shadow Priests and Warlocks miserably and pathetically failed.

    Also, I guess that following your logic then a novice lvl 5 warlock controls the Legion because they can summon an imp.
    Idk man it is pretty clear that our player characters aren't mortals.

  2. #60002
    Quote Originally Posted by Varodoc View Post
    Nope. You're wrong and I'm right:

    "Alleria Windrunner is the first mortal to succeed at defying the shadow's whispers."

    https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-us/game/races/void-elf

    Our beloved Blizzard has spoken and Void elves are far more impressive than shadow priests or warlocks. Alleria Windrunner is and will forever be the first to successfully defy the whispers of the shadows. Both Shadow Priests and Warlocks miserably and pathetically failed.

    Also, I guess that following your logic then a novice lvl 5 warlock controls the Legion because they can summon an imp.
    Void elves are anything, but impressive. They are straight up nobodies m8.

  3. #60003
    The Lightbringer Nymrohd's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2022
    Location
    Greece
    Posts
    3,168
    I'll never understand why this is not just considered flamebaiting.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Btw I still don't get these trees. Why are there 4 different talents about Shadow Apparition yet none of them require Shadow Apparition to be chosen (while the talents that REQUIRE it, don't affect it). And one of those is on the opposite side of the tree.

  4. #60004
    The Insane rhorle's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Michigan
    Posts
    16,438
    Quote Originally Posted by Varodoc View Post
    Also, I guess that following your logic then a novice lvl 5 warlock controls the Legion because they can summon an imp.
    The Burning Legion is one group of Chaos. The Void is the entire cosmic force. So a Warlock can control the Void by controlling a creature of the Void. Alleria is the first mortal to master a specific part of the void's corruption. She is not the first mortal to ever control the Void. Also we know that isn't even an accurate statement since Etherals are mortals and have mastered the Void hence why Locus-walker exists as a teacher...

    So again you ignore the source material to write your fanfic about Void elves.
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

  5. #60005
    Quote Originally Posted by rhorle View Post
    The Burning Legion is one group of Chaos. The Void is the entire cosmic force. So a Warlock can control the Void by controlling a creature of the Void. Alleria is the first mortal to master a specific part of the void's corruption. She is not the first mortal to ever control the Void. Also we know that isn't even an accurate statement since Etherals are mortals and have mastered the Void hence why Locus-walker exists as a teacher...

    So again you ignore the source material to write your fanfic about Void elves.
    Alleria Windrunner is the first mortal to defy the shadows' whispers, as stated in the Canonical source I provided.

    This means that every mortal prior to her succumbed to the whispers.

  6. #60006
    The Insane rhorle's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Michigan
    Posts
    16,438
    Quote Originally Posted by Varodoc View Post
    Alleria Windrunner is the first mortal to defy the shadows' whispers, as stated in the Canonical source I provided. This means that every mortal prior to her succumbed to the whispers. It's easy to understand.
    It is a race writeup that ignores even the story of how Alleria learned to control the shadow. You know where she was taught by a mortal that learned to control the void. Do you not actually know the lore of the race you love so much?
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

  7. #60007
    Defying someone doesn't mean you are in control.

    She wasn't in control when she almost summoned the Void Lords through the Sunwell.

  8. #60008
    Quote Originally Posted by rhorle View Post
    The Burning Legion is one group of Chaos. The Void is the entire cosmic force. So a Warlock can control the Void by controlling a creature of the Void. Alleria is the first mortal to master a specific part of the void's corruption. She is not the first mortal to ever control the Void. Also we know that isn't even an accurate statement since Etherals are mortals and have mastered the Void hence why Locus-walker exists as a teacher...

    So again you ignore the source material to write your fanfic about Void elves.
    While Varodic's claims are... doubtful it should be noted that ethereals are not really what one would typically call "mortal", being unfazed by most of reality's rules, consisting of pure magic, not aging or suffering disease.

    Should we ever visit the "order plane" i would not be surprisd to see all our past slain ethereal friends alive and well, subjugated by the true native species of order.
    This is a signature of an ailing giant, boundless in pride, wit and strength.
    Yet also as humble as health and humor permit.

    Furthermore, I consider that Carthage Slam must be destroyed.

  9. #60009
    The Insane rhorle's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Michigan
    Posts
    16,438
    Quote Originally Posted by loras View Post
    While Varodic's claims are... doubtful it should be noted that ethereals are not really what one would typically call "mortal", being unfazed by most of reality's rules, consisting of pure magic, not aging or suffering disease.
    Wouldn't Alleria also not be considered a mortal then? She hasn't aged or suffered disease. Reality rules don't apply since those rules differ based on what dimension, plane, or other place you currently are at in WoW. Etherals being pure magic is also debatable since Etherals used technology to convert their physical bodies to energy. They "stay alive" with wrappings that have special enchantments. Energy isn't necessarily pure magic.

    In my opinion they would be closer to Chaos rather then Order since it was the Twisting Nether that helped changed them.

    https://wowpedia.fandom.com/wiki/Ask...wers_-_Round_1

    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    How did ethereals get so... ethereal? They seem to act a lot more like a mortal race than other energy beings we meet, such as elementals.
    K'aresh was an arid planet, home to a thriving ecosystem and several sentient species before the arrival of Dimensius the All-Devouring. How the void lord found K'aresh is still hotly debated among the surviving ethereals, but the effects of his coming were unmistakable: he opened countless gateways into the void and the Twisting Nether around the planet, bathing K'aresh in arcane and dark energies. Using every scrap of its advanced technology, one of the mortal races hastily attempted to construct magical barriers around its cities, but it was only partially successful; although the dark energies were blocked, the unimpeded flood of arcane energy tore away the mortals' corporeal shells and infused their souls with enough energy so that they could subsist without a body… barely. Members of this race, now called ethereals, took to binding themselves with enchanted strips of cloth to provide their souls with enough structure to survive. This altered state proved to be a blessing in disguise, as their enhanced minds and magical abilities allowed the ethereals to fight Dimensius and his limited forces to a standstill. Over the years, however, Dimensius eventually grew powerful enough to summon armies of fellow void creatures, forcing the ethereals to flee into the Twisting Nether.
    Last edited by rhorle; 2022-07-01 at 10:26 PM.
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

  10. #60010
    Quote Originally Posted by rhorle View Post
    It is a race writeup that ignores even the story of how Alleria learned to control the shadow. You know where she was taught by a mortal that learned to control the void. Do you not actually know the lore of the race you love so much?
    Citation needed on Locus-Walker being a mortal. We don't know what he is.

    But back at you, you love Blizzard so much, don't you? You always defend them, after all. So why would you ignore what their employees wrote on their website? Blizzard wouldn't be very happy to know you don't care about what they wrote on their website.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by rhorle View Post
    Wouldn't Alleria also not be considered a mortal then? She hasn't aged or suffered disease. Reality rules don't apply since those rules differ based on what dimension, plane, or other place you currently are at in WoW. Etherals being pure magic is also debatable since Etherals used technology to convert their physical bodies to energy. They "stay alive" with wrappings that have special enchantments. Energy isn't necessarily pure magic.
    In fact I opened a thread precisely 2 years ago asking if we should consider Void elves as "mortals" like the rest of the masses, or if they are somehow biologically superior. I believe there is an argument to be made here, but I digress unfortunately.

  11. #60011
    The Insane rhorle's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Michigan
    Posts
    16,438
    Quote Originally Posted by Varodoc View Post
    Citation needed on Locus-Walker being a mortal. We don't know what he is.
    He is an Etheral. We know what he is. If you have to bring "love of Blizzard" into this then it is clear you are not using only canon as your only source. The website is often contradicted or not a full picture of Lore. It isn't meant to be a canon source unless it is a story or other lore item.
    Last edited by rhorle; 2022-07-01 at 10:44 PM.
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

  12. #60012
    The Lightbringer Nymrohd's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2022
    Location
    Greece
    Posts
    3,168
    @Aucald I really have to know, is it truly OK to have a flamebaiting troll derail threads for pages upon pages?

  13. #60013
    Quote Originally Posted by Varodoc View Post
    Alleria Windrunner is the first mortal to defy the shadows' whispers, as stated in the Canonical source I provided.

    This means that every mortal prior to her succumbed to the whispers.
    You still haven't gotten treatment for your obsessive disorder?

  14. #60014
    Quote Originally Posted by rhorle View Post
    He is an Etheral. We know what he is. If you have to bring "love of Blizzard" into this then it is clear you are not using only canon as your only source. The website is often contradicted or not a full picture of Lore. It isn't meant to be a canon source unless it is a story or other lore item.
    We don't know if they can still be classified as mortals, after having warped and marred their body beyond any recognition.

  15. #60015
    The Insane Chickat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Orgrimmar
    Posts
    19,133
    Quote Originally Posted by Hyrja View Post
    So I was watching Towelliee earlier today, and he said that the current wowdev build is very likely the build that we'll get and that he was told that alpha starts super soon.
    Probably Wednesday. Devs aren't working till Tuesday. American independence day weekend.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Makorus View Post
    I mean, I don't know why you are trying to downplay that.

    The quickest selling exclusive on the PS4 was TLOU2 with 4 Million sales during its opening weekend.

    Shadowlands had 3.7 Million on launch day. Sure, not as much, but certainly not as bad or irrelevant as you pretend it is.

    Legends Arceus sold 6.7 Million in a week, but comparing Switch sales and especially Pokemon sales to PS4 sales or WoW sales is stupid. It's actually really hard to find launch day sales. Mario Kart 8 Deluxe is the best selling Switch game, yet only sold 1.2 Million on launch day.
    Shadowlands was the fastest selling PC game of all time. U til a week later when cyberpunk beat it. I wonder how many people refunded cyberpunk anyways.

  16. #60016
    Stood in the Fire Greyfang's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Argentina
    Posts
    471
    Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    @Aucald I really have to know, is it truly OK to have a flamebaiting troll derail threads for pages upon pages?
    There's a saying where I'm from, "It's not the pig's fault, but the one's who feed it". This person would stop derailing so much if people didn't engage them, yet we've still not learned the lesson.

  17. #60017
    Quote Originally Posted by Greyfang View Post
    There's a saying where I'm from, "It's not the pig's fault, but the one's who feed it". This person would stop derailing so much if people didn't engage them, yet we've still not learned the lesson.
    Absolutely right, but if it leads to rhoid elf fanboy being banned it is totally worth losing a page.

  18. #60018
    This ability seems really cool to be honest.

    Wish they had more last-row talents with complexity like that.

  19. #60019
    Quote Originally Posted by Makorus View Post
    This ability seems really cool to be honest.

    Wish they had more last-row talents with complexity like that.
    I agree that all classes should have very flavor-heavy bottom tier talents based on their spec lore, a bit similar to artifact weapons. This "Idol of [Old God]" type of talent makes me excited to play a Shadow Priest because it totally fits the spec. I wish Druids would have gotten something similar, but in comparison to the really great (Shadow) Priest their talent tree is very bland.

    This talent in particular sounds pretty bad and impractical though for actual combat. It's definitely cool, but it's already giving me headaches. It's very similar to the Nightfae Covenant ability which was mostly not used before it was overtuned and then it was nerfed and barely used again. I have a really hard time imagining how they will make this work in competitive modes, especially when the other choices seem to be way stronger from their flavor text alone. I hold my final judgement though, because I really like complex abilities like this, I just have a hard time seeing this being used (in PvE).
    Last edited by Nyel; 2022-07-02 at 07:18 AM.
    MAGA - Make Alliance Great Again

  20. #60020
    Another set of talent trees where players are forced into 1 specific path for the class tree. Really wish class trees were a lot more meaningful with a lot less restrictions. At least dont make players waste talent points just because you put 3 overpowered PI points.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •