1. #60221
    Quote Originally Posted by Khaza-R View Post
    Interesting the Hearthstone expansion takes place in the Shadowlands. I guess that at least confirms it hasn't been fully WoD'd and that Denathrius was the best part of this expansion.

    I mean, even WoD wasn't WoD'd at the end, BfA ensured that.

    We will 100% have a Lightbound expansion in the future, and as we know the Lightbound come from AU Draenor.

    As shit as an expansion can be, that's still assets and storylines the team created and they are too prideful to just throw them into the bin. That's why the team is even trying to recycle the WoD storyline with this Lightbound plotline.

    It wouldn't even surprise me if we revisit all of AU Draenor in the future, once it has been fully taken over by the Lightbound. Or maybe that will be a Hearthstone expansion.

  2. #60222
    Quote Originally Posted by Khaza-R View Post
    Interesting the Hearthstone expansion takes place in the Shadowlands. I guess that at least confirms it hasn't been fully WoD'd and that Denathrius was the best part of this expansion.

    This looks fun, but seeing those characters again gives me an anxiety tbh. I don't want to offend anyone, but I'm really tired of anything related to SL. Dragonflight can't come soon enough.

  3. #60223
    Quote Originally Posted by BaumanKing View Post
    This looks fun, but seeing those characters again gives me an anxiety tbh. I don't want to offend anyone, but I'm really tired of anything related to SL. Dragonflight can't come soon enough.
    Im the same way, i get that SL in some ways improved but it left a taste in my mouth that is so bad i don't even want to see it ever again, first time me and my friends that i've been playing or just chatting about wow since wotlk, just made us to hate it, not even talking about it between each other.


    Waiting for lvling change where i don't even have to lvl through that expansion.
    Last edited by ImTheMizAwesome; 2022-06-28 at 11:42 AM.

  4. #60224
    Quote Originally Posted by Khaza-R View Post
    Interesting the Hearthstone expansion takes place in the Shadowlands. I guess that at least confirms it hasn't been fully WoD'd and that Denathrius was the best part of this expansion.

    Revendreth, Venthyr and Denathrius have been too edgy and cool to pass on them. It's a great setting for a Hearthstone expansion.
    MAGA - Make Alliance Great Again

  5. #60225
    I also think that the Nathrezim origin lore has been one of the less disliked pieces/most important/persisting pieces of lore in Shadowlands, so they probably don't feel as hesitant to use them.

    Jailer making them manipulate Sargeras? No, that's not liked much, but them having a weird origin that ties them to the underworld hasn't been received too badly. I've seen a lot of positive reception that they are outliving both the Legion and Zovaal.
    Last edited by Cheezits; 2022-06-28 at 12:31 PM.

  6. #60226
    Pit Lord Lady Atia's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2015
    Location
    The Rumour Tower
    Posts
    2,350
    Quote Originally Posted by Cheezits View Post
    I also think that the Nathrezim origin lore has been one of the less disliked pieces/most important/persisting pieces of lore in Shadowlands, so they probably don't feel as hesitant to use them.

    Jailer making them manipulate Sargeras? No, that's not liked much, but them having a weird origin that ties them to the underworld hasn't been received too badly. I've seen a lot of positive reception that they are outliving both the Legion and Zovaal.
    Honestly, most of Shadowlands was actually great after they pulled the ripcord on Covenants. The real problem was the content draught, not the lore.

    Well and yeah, they should have build up the Jailer via a chronicle style book instead.

  7. #60227
    Quote Originally Posted by Lady Atia View Post
    Honestly, most of Shadowlands was actually great after they pulled the ripcord on Covenants. The real problem was the content draught, not the lore.

    Well and yeah, they should have build up the Jailer via a chronicle style book instead.
    I've seen people iffy on Kyrians and VERY iffy on Ardenweald, but the actual spooky zones seem palatable to loreheads.

  8. #60228
    Quote Originally Posted by Lady Atia View Post
    Honestly, most of Shadowlands was actually great after they pulled the ripcord on Covenants. The real problem was the content draught, not the lore.

    Well and yeah, they should have build up the Jailer via a chronicle style book instead.
    Now that I am back leveling alts, the fact they did not increase anima gains more at this point in the expansion is nuts. It is such a slog.

  9. #60229
    Void Lord Aeluron Lightsong's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    In some Sanctuaryesque place or a Haven
    Posts
    43,834
    Quote Originally Posted by Lady Atia View Post
    Honestly, most of Shadowlands was actually great after they pulled the ripcord on Covenants. The real problem was the content draught, not the lore.

    Well and yeah, they should have build up the Jailer via a chronicle style book instead.
    Most people have their ahem derision on the Jailer himself(I enjoy watching him work, bite me) less then anything else.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

    Warrior-Magi

  10. #60230
    Quote Originally Posted by Nyel View Post
    Revendreth, Venthyr and Denathrius have been too edgy and cool to pass on them. It's a great setting for a Hearthstone expansion.
    Denathrius is not in any way edgy. He is completely camp.

  11. #60231
    Quote Originally Posted by Atriel View Post
    Now that I am back leveling alts, the fact they did not increase anima gains more at this point in the expansion is nuts. It is such a slog.
    Zereth Mortis shits out anima.

  12. #60232
    Honestly the world building in this expansion if it was actually shown to the audience is pretty impressive and especially with how it connected all the way back to Classic lore. Obviously, I think fundamentally that this expansion couldn't have existed in the vacuum that it does it would've had to have a sprawling narrative that lasted over 3-4 expansions but obviously that is not going to happen.

    Absolutely, I think they failed to execute though and it is a shame that we had to Cut & Run while leaving clues that again most of the audience can't even think or understand the basic principles of.

    The World Building of Shadowlands and the wider cosmos is pretty fascinating if you remove the initial disappointment and then start to open your 3rd eye.

    Also most people ignored the 9.2 Codex which is pretty funny since it will most likely become important again in the future.
    . . .

  13. #60233
    Quote Originally Posted by Foreign Exchange Ztudent View Post
    Honestly the world building in this expansion if it was actually shown to the audience is pretty impressive and especially with how it connected all the way back to Classic lore. Obviously, I think fundamentally that this expansion couldn't have existed in the vacuum that it does it would've had to have a sprawling narrative that lasted over 3-4 expansions but obviously that is not going to happen.

    Absolutely, I think they failed to execute though and it is a shame that we had to Cut & Run while leaving clues that again most of the audience can't even think or understand the basic principles of.

    The World Building of Shadowlands and the wider cosmos is pretty fascinating if you remove the initial disappointment and then start to open your 3rd eye.

    Also most people ignored the 9.2 Codex which is pretty funny since it will most likely become important again in the future.
    Whats so special about the 9.2 codex? Thats the blue book you get in ZM right?

  14. #60234
    Obviously I think Steve didn't really play his hands for Shadowlands that well and I feel Zovaal was an incredible missed opportunity to tell a story about a villain that is more than just the stereotypical WoW Villain. But, alas time ran out as it usually does just like it did with N'zoth.


    Quote Originally Posted by Kiriastrasza View Post
    Whats so special about the 9.2 codex? Thats the blue book you get in ZM right?
    Yep, it's going to take a while though for that to unravel though for the larger audience.
    . . .

  15. #60235
    Quote Originally Posted by Cheezits View Post
    Zereth Mortis shits out anima.
    It absolutely does but if you are starting your collection now, the total amount remains insane.

  16. #60236
    Pit Lord Lady Atia's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2015
    Location
    The Rumour Tower
    Posts
    2,350
    Quote Originally Posted by Cheezits View Post
    I've seen people iffy on Kyrians and VERY iffy on Ardenweald, but the actual spooky zones seem palatable to loreheads.
    Imo the problem with Ardenweald was that they didn't really told us the mechanics and connections between the dream/lifelands and ardenweald in detail. Also it didn't help that they literally invented it just for Shadowlands. Imagine if they had teased Ardenweald with Legion's Emerald Nightmare raid ending - I bet it would have been another hyped thing to look forward to on the scale of Nyalotha.

    For the Kyrians, I still think it's a shame they cut the spiritkillers and "hall of purification" dungeon. I would have prefered a darker side to them that's not the forsworn:



    Last edited by Lady Atia; 2022-06-28 at 01:56 PM.

  17. #60237
    im gonna assume alpha this week
    1 month alpha
    4 months beta
    delay season 1 otherwise launch mid-late november

  18. #60238
    Pit Lord Lady Atia's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2015
    Location
    The Rumour Tower
    Posts
    2,350
    Btw, I just checked the Shadowlands Alpha announcement back from 2020: https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-us/ne...veloper-update

    Basically, they posted a blog post at Monday to announce that datamining would start on that day and invites would go out later that week. So, I imagine they would do the same again instead of a "surprise" alpha drop.

    Or maybe they will have invites and datamining on the same day again and we may still get it this week.

    *waves my hopium flags*

  19. #60239
    I'm so hyped up! Can't wait to have my Alextrasza moment
    MS. MARVEL will return in The Marvels ✨

  20. #60240
    Considering the OW2 Beta is starting today, I don't think Alpha is starting today.

    Probably Thursday.

    I feel like Bastion is something left from a different version of Shadowlands.

    The entire story doesn't really make sense and hinges on every single character and every single Kyrian having no braincells whatsoever.
    Last edited by Makorus; 2022-06-28 at 05:24 PM.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •