Quote Originally Posted by Catastrophy349 View Post
    Compare that to BFA: Uldir Old Gods, Patch 8.3 N’Zoth Old Gods. Just because DF starts with an elemental theme doesn’t mean it just ends.
    But it throws predictions out of whack a bit in the process.

Honestly, its just lucky guessing. And like I said, a pattern exists until it suddenly doesn't. I've seen it in so many other places. Like, one game I play, people claimed all sorts of patterns for things released in it but almost every single pattern was just in our imaginations and have been broken over the years.

(Amusingly, there is one pattern that has held true in that game though)

Basically, I'm just saying I take it well salted. Maybe if we go full elemental next expansion I'll start to believe in it.

1+ Year Old Account
    Would be cool to get another blue post/blog/talent tree today. Icing on the cake with the Alpha starting soon news.

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Compare that to BFA: Uldir Old Gods, Patch 8.3 N’Zoth Old Gods. Just because DF starts with an elemental theme doesn’t mean it just ends.
    When you look into BfA as a whole, it was Old God expansion from day 1 disguised as War expac. Kinda in theme with Old God nature.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dracullus View Post
    When you look into BfA as a whole, it was Old God expansion from day 1 disguised as War expac. Kinda in theme with Old God nature.
    BFA is pretty much this

N'zoth: Yes go to war *Tries to wiggle out of his prison*

Azerothians: Oh shit!
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

Herald of the Titans Nightshade711's Avatar
    1+ Year Old Account
    Would be cool to get another blue post/blog/talent tree today. Icing on the cake with the Alpha starting soon news.
    Still hoping for that Dracthyr/Evoker blog post, but I’m not sure if that’ll end up coming out before Alpha.
    I want to see the other body type/customization options that they said they didn’t show.
    Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    Chen isn't a Monk

Quote Originally Posted by Nightshade711 View Post
    Still hoping for that Dracthyr/Evoker blog post, but I’m not sure if that’ll end up coming out before Alpha.
    I want to see the other body type/customization options that they said they didn’t show.
    SAME - their talent tree with a customization post would be perfection

I don't think we will see their talent tree before we see most of their baseline abilities, a blogpost about their customization would be nice, maybe they can do posts like that every day leading up to the alpha next week.

After WoD took place on Draenor (aka Outlands) and Legion was a sequel to TBC, it became very apparent that WoW expansions would start to repeat themes. So a Wrath 2 following up on Bolvar was apparent, and any South Seas expansion would likely involve Nzoth through Azshara. I don't think these guesses are insane.

Also, 10.0 being Dragons makes sense as Cataclysm, despite being ABOUT a big dragon and his dragon siblings killing him, was mostly elemental in theme (lol Thrall) and what is shown throughout EK and Kalimdor. So if you consider Cataclysm to be an Elemental theme, then Cata 2 would be flipped and be more about Dragons (with the elements still appearing: see Raid 1 of Dragonflight).

I also expect the following patches:
    10.0- Elemental raid deals with Wrathion due to Neltharion and element connections
    10.1 - Dracthyr Zone reuse - Blue dragon patch?
    10.2 - Emerald Dream/Lifelands patch, dealing with the two life themed flights, Tyrande's seed and Elune's connection to Dragons
    10.3- Time Travel patch due to Murozond. Where it takes place is up in the air, could be Zin'azshari, could be a couple disconnected time zones like Argus. This could also be the Blue patch.

Lifelands/Time Travel could be swapped.
    Last edited by Cheezits; 2022-07-08 at 07:22 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Cheezits View Post
    After WoD took place on Draenor (aka Outlands) and Legion was a sequel to TBC, it became very apparent that WoW expansions would start to repeat themes. So a Wrath 2 following up on Bolvar was apparent, and any South Seas expansion would likely involve Nzoth through Azshara. I don't think these guesses are insane.

Also, 10.0 being Dragons makes sense as Cataclysm, despite being ABOUT a big dragon and his dragon siblings killing him, was mostly elemental in theme (lol Thrall) and what is shown throughout EK and Kalimdor. So if you consider Cataclysm to be an Elemental theme, then Cata 2 would be flipped and be more about Dragons (with the elements still appearing: see Raid 1 of Dragonflight).

I also expect the following patches:
    10.0- Elemental raid deals with Wrathion due to Neltharion and element connections
    10.1 - Dracthyr Zone reuse - Blue dragon patch?
    10.2 - Emerald Dream/Lifelands patch, dealing with the two life themed flights, Tyrande's seed and Elune's connection to Dragons
    10.3- Time Travel patch due to Murozond. Where it takes place is up in the air, could be Zin'azshari, could be a couple disconnected time zones like Argus. This could also be the Blue patch.

Lifelands/Time Travel could be swapped.
    Except Wrath 2 didn't follow TBC2.

Quote Originally Posted by Makorus View Post
    Except Wrath 2 didn't follow TBC2.
    I said nothing about the order. The order of the expansions is the one suspicious thing about the guesses, but not enough to lock it in IMO.

The one thing we've seen is Mantid attacking the Dracthyr zone. So some Old God theme is inevitable.

1+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    The one thing we've seen is Mantid attacking the Dracthyr zone. So some Old God theme is inevitable.
    Original theme of Dragon Isles (back in the day) was a temple to the Old Gods. So, could be interesting. I certainly want older lore from BFA/SL to take form and not be completely overwritten/outright ignored.

Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    Are we sure those are mantid and not just something using the same skeleton but different model? MrGM made a video on some of the new creatures spotted in the zone previews and there were new drake creatures but a lot of them were too low quality to make out what they were.

Quote Originally Posted by Gifdwarf View Post
    Are we sure those are mantid and not just something using the same skeleton but different model? MrGM made a video on some of the new creatures spotted in the zone previews and there were new drake creatures but a lot of them were too low quality to make out what they were.
    there was a mantid in the evoker showcase video

1+ Year Old Account
    I believe the profession blog happened around an hour and 20 minutes from now, but yesterday (so 5 P.M. EST). So, we still have a chance of something! Hopium

Quote Originally Posted by sandini View Post
    there was a mantid in the evoker showcase video
    Looking at it right now to see if I missed it, the only thing I see is something that appears based on a mantid (or nerubian, more like) skeleton of some sort but looks more crab/crustacean like to me.

5+ Year Old Account
    "Dragonflight Alpha added to the battle.net app catalog" HYPE HYPE HYPE
    Then the storm broke, and the dragons danced.

Sad that it's probably next week. Still wish we get a build for datamining today, Alpha going live next week.

1+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by HeraldofSargeras View Post
    "Dragonflight Alpha added to the battle.net app catalog" HYPE HYPE HYPE
    Happened almost 3 hours ago at this point. But yeah, HYPE!

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Fiercelord View Post
    Sad that it's probably next week. Still wish we get a build for datamining today, Alpha going live next week.
    Alpha likely begins Thursday, July 14th (as has been said over and over again). Client/build day before so the 13th.

5+ Year Old Account
    Happened almost 3 hours ago at this point. But yeah, HYPE
    Sorry, I was busy farming genesis motes. I just saw the news I can't wait to see Dragon Isles.
    Then the storm broke, and the dragons danced.