Quote Originally Posted by Catastrophy349 View Post
    After re-watching the Dragonflight Announcement video, and reviewing each of the interviews, they definitely have more planned that either: A). Has not been brought up, yet OR B). Has been mentioned but not in depth. A common phrase I hear is “and much more to come.”
    It's possible, and in particular I wouldn't be surprised to see some new form of open-world content because I remember they briefly mentioned a new outdoor content team when they were asked about dragon racing in some interview.

Since they've already taken inspiration from Guild Wars 2 for Dragon Riding, I'd like to hope that this team might be a sign that they're working on something like GW2's big meta events (its other big strength imo), but that's probably too optimistic.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Xilurm View Post
    Because there's no other way to make it work. They can't balance it in a way that will make every single talent viable, that's impossible.
    The MoP to Shadowlands system works without the illusion of choice. If they can't make every choice viable then the choice shouldn't exist, right? Because then it isn't a choice. This isn't pen and paper or a niche RPG where a bad choice can be part of the design. This is a mass-market MMO where bad choices shouldn't exist. Even more so when WoW also has a toxicity problem that will only get magnified by low performance with bad talents.
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

Quote Originally Posted by Bsirk View Post
    Seems likelier than this past week, from what Marlamin's twitter has said in inclusion to this tweet

After re-watching the Dragonflight Announcement video, and reviewing each of the interviews, they definitely have more planned that either: A). Has not been brought up, yet OR B). Has been mentioned but not in depth. A common phrase I hear is “and much more to come.”
    Considering how condensed the beta is going to be, and how Blizzard consistently says things like this, even when they produce less than what they promised, what you describe is extremely unlikely. I like what I've seen of Dragonflight, but the "Surely there are going to be features they didn't announce or promote" people are just delusional. This doesn't happen. The people who say things like that are then "Quests? I had no idea the new expansion would have QUESTS. THIS IS SUCH A SURPRISE FEATURE"

I wonder if Zorbrix telling people to watch the MDI this weekend (+ Blizz encouraging viewers with a Title) means there will be news.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Grimmy17 View Post
    Ah yeah these are way better, the cromie one reads similar to current Fae Guardians but the Alex one is perfect for a healing CD (to compete with disc/paladin)!

Also I'm looking forward to seeing how they implement the black dragonflight into the trees (probably defensives) since they said it was so important to incorporate all 5 flights.
    I actually wouldn’t be surprised if the Black Dragonflight abilities are the core abilities of the class, since the specs are Red/Blue and the Green/Yellow.

The Dracthyr racials kind of support that, since Wing Buffet racial comes from Onyxia.

Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    I actually wouldn’t be surprised if the Black Dragonflight abilities are the core abilities of the class, since the specs are Red/Blue and the Green/Yellow.

The Dracthyr racials kind of support that, since Wing Buffet racial comes from Onyxia.
    Would also make sense from a lore standpoint, even before he became Deathwing Neltharian was arrogant as hell and a bit of a supremacist, it wouldn't be out of the realm of possibility that Black Flight was the base of their magic, then the capability for the other four flights on the side.

10+ Year Old Account
    Happened almost 3 hours ago at this point. But yeah, HYPE!

- - - Updated - - -

Alpha likely begins Thursday, July 14th (as has been said over and over again). Client/build day before so the 13th.
    NDA lifted on the 12th?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Marlamin View Post
    Compiled image of Dragon Isles minimap. Probably won't have time for that at the start, but I'll be damned if I don't have that up within a day after client hits.
    Yes. I love maps/minimaps. They are so interesting to look at. And we can get a sense of world scale with minimap data too. Like comparing Pandaria to Dragon isles for example.

So just spitballing out of boredom, assuming Thursday July 14th which is 6 days away, and 2 talent trees per day, that will give us...

3 more days of talent tree reveals, assuming they show us the Evoker trees alongside whichever existing class is the odd-one-out.

A dracthyr customization preview they promised us but never showed up. They might do it before the last two trees so we have some context to what we see on the Evoker's tree. I wouldn't expect to see an Evoker preview itself, since all their skills would be listed in a theoretical talent preview.

A dragonriding preview which has also been absent.

Seems like it would work out nice and tidy with all the major information they'd want to get out before Alpha goes up publicly.
    Last edited by Veluren; 2022-07-09 at 08:08 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Veluren View Post
    So just spitballing out of boredom, assuming Thursday July 14th which is 6 days away, and 2 talent trees per day, that will give us...

3 more days of talent tree reveals, assuming they show us the Evoker trees alongside whichever existing class is the odd-one-out.

A dracthyr customization preview they promised us but never showed up. They might do it before the last two trees so we have some context to what we see on the Evoker's tree. I wouldn't expect to see an Evoker preview itself, since all their skills would be listed in a theoretical talent preview.

A dragonriding preview which has also been absent.

Seems like it would work out nice and tidy with all the major information they'd want to get out before Alpha goes up publicly.
    Does this make sense though? Getting the Priest talents without any other class a week ago, then two talent trees yesterday and next week it's supposedly three days full of information? I mean I don't see any logic, reason or patter behind this.

Alpha on July 14 seems like a safe bet now, though.

- - - Updated - - -

After re-watching the Dragonflight Announcement video, and reviewing each of the interviews, they definitely have more planned that either: A). Has not been brought up, yet OR B). Has been mentioned but not in depth. A common phrase I hear is “and much more to come.
    That's what they always, every single time say though? Even for content patches?
    Last edited by Nyel; 2022-07-09 at 08:59 AM.
    MAGA - Make Alliance Great Again

OMG.... I can build my Hunter as a pure Dark ranger, I'm so freaking happy about this!!

My hype for DF has increased 10 fold! Hunter Trees are amazing!!

Quote Originally Posted by Kiriastrasza View Post
    OMG.... I can build my Hunter as a pure Dark ranger, I'm so freaking happy about this!!

My hype for DF has increased 10 fold! Hunter Trees are amazing!!
    dark rangers and crafter mafias

Quote Originally Posted by Forum Man View Post
    dark rangers and crafter mafias
    Seriously I am genuinely excited, I deafened my bf with my squeals of excitement for the build I can have.

1+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ersula View Post
    Considering how condensed the beta is going to be, and how Blizzard consistently says things like this, even when they produce less than what they promised, what you describe is extremely unlikely. I like what I've seen of Dragonflight, but the "Surely there are going to be features they didn't announce or promote" people are just delusional. This doesn't happen. The people who say things like that are then "Quests? I had no idea the new expansion would have QUESTS. THIS IS SUCH A SURPRISE FEATURE"
    Neither I nor those people you are referring to are “delusional”. I was simply pointing out the obvious. Of course there is going to be “more to come”. They didn’t announce the names of all 8 new dungeons, the raid name, boss names, how we would get gear (vendors, updates to the quantity of loot, etc.). So, yes, Ersula (before you start raining on parades because you think you’re entitled on a forums thread), there is “more to come”.

Quote Originally Posted by Nyel View Post
    Does this make sense though? Getting the Priest talents without any other class a week ago, then two talent trees yesterday and next week it's supposedly three days full of information? I mean I don't see any logic, reason or patter behind this.

Alpha on July 14 seems like a safe bet now, though.

- - - Updated - - -

That's what they always, every single time say though? Even for content patches?
    monday: dragonflying blog and 2 talent trees
    tuesday: dracthyr blog and 3 trees
    wednesday: two more trees and datamine alpha
    thursday: alpha

- - - Updated - - -

Seriously I am genuinely excited, I deafened my bf with my squeals of excitement for the build I can have.
    i just want my monk to have old style clones

based on the style of these trees we are going to get multiple styles of play (people sya that doesnt exist but top players sat in a stream and said you can)
    the crafting system will have crafting being an actual progression style and possibly easier gold gain

How?

/10 chars

Quote Originally Posted by Forum Man View Post
    monday: dragonflying blog and 2 talent trees
    tuesday: dracthyr blog and 3 trees
    wednesday: two more trees and datamine alpha
    thursday: alpha

- - - Updated - - -

i just want my monk to have old style clones

based on the style of these trees we are going to get multiple styles of play (people sya that doesnt exist but top players sat in a stream and said you can)
    the crafting system will have crafting being an actual progression style and possibly easier gold gain
    Quote Originally Posted by username993720 View Post
    How?

/10 chars

This is my first rough draft build, but it has me so excited;

https://www.wowhead.com/dragonflight...MVihAUFAnFQYHA

1+ Year Old Account
    Some additional “hopium/copium” thoughts on this Saturday morning before Alpha Week:

1). Blizzard has more in store for us that has not been announced (would be epic!)
    2). Unlike previous expansions, Blizzard is being “smart” by not “over promising” new features that they “may not” be able to deliver on. Put simply, they have a lot more they want to do but can’t make the launch date deadline. So, perhaps similar features like: Warfronts, Islands, Torghast, Mage Tower, etc. could come in during a patch as opposed to at launch.

HOPIUM/COPIUM…IN-HALE

Some additional “hopium/copium” thoughts on this Saturday morning before Alpha Week:

1). Blizzard has more in store for us that has not been announced (would be epic!)
    2). Unlike previous expansions, Blizzard is being “smart” by not “over promising” new features that they “may not” be able to deliver on. Put simply, they have a lot more they want to do but can’t make the launch date deadline. So, perhaps similar features like: Warfronts, Islands, Torghast, Mage Tower, etc. could come in during a patch as opposed to at launch.

HOPIUM/COPIUM…IN-HALE
    Gimme dat *inhales*