1. #60741
    Quote Originally Posted by Catastrophy349 View Post
    Let the content creators get their super secret (LOL) Alpha access for Tuesday/Wednesday. Then, we get ours on Thursday. Hopefully, some datamining before Thursday, too. HYPE indeed.
    If we get datamining before Thursday, that puts the people under NDA/embargo in a weird position where they can't talk about anything that's being datamined by the various sites/community for 2 full days.

    The only way to fix that is to give anyone with early access only access to an encrypted client, but with that also comes the danger of someone leaking the key and (some) sites datamining it anyways, or even worse, gives access to earlier builds encrypted with the same key as well. There's currently 2 armadillo encryption keys out there, 1 for wowdev builds and 1 for vendor builds, neither of which Blizzard probably want to see hit the public.

    If they were to roll with a secret client for the early access event they'll either have to create a separate directory on the CDN for it encrypted with a new key specific to this event (with the danger of it still leaking early), or by doing the entire preview outside of the public through VPN and/or remote cloud-based sessions or literally on location at Blizz (which is possible in Towelliee's case but not so much for Taliesin). Hmmmm!

    Either way, I'm going to be keeping a close eye on things tomorrow as that should be set-up day for whatever happens the rest of the week.
    Last edited by Marlamin; 2022-07-10 at 04:47 PM.

  2. #60742
    Quote Originally Posted by Catastrophy349 View Post
    Let’s take bets on NOT what we hope will be available in the early Alpha this coming week, but what we think will be available for testing?
    I think Dragonriding, new profession overhaul, and talent revamp will be available for testing.

  3. #60743
    Warchief Catastrophy349's Avatar
    1+ Year Old Account
    Join Date
    Jan 2022
    Location
    What Sword? That Sword!
    Posts
    2,162
    I really hope they do a better job of keeping story spoilers encrypted; I’m fine with zone exploration being shown. We’ll see.

  4. #60744
    Quote Originally Posted by Lady Atia View Post
    They are adapting feedback from season 3 to season 4 already. So no, it's not "everything from the alpha". The constant naysaying is honestly annoying. Dragonflight looks super cool so far and Alpha will launch in a few days. Hypeeee!
    That's not the point though, it's about dedicated player feedback they get during alpha/beta and choose to ignore until half a year later. This happened both in BfA and Shadowlands. That they're better with feedback later on during an expansion is nothing new.
    MAGA - Make Alliance Great Again

  5. #60745
    Warchief Catastrophy349's Avatar
    1+ Year Old Account
    Join Date
    Jan 2022
    Location
    What Sword? That Sword!
    Posts
    2,162
    Quote Originally Posted by Nyel View Post
    That's not the point though, it's about dedicated player feedback they get during alpha/beta and choose to ignore until half a year later. This happened both in BfA and Shadowlands. That they're better with feedback later on during an expansion is nothing new.
    My friend, you are 100% right. You are also right in assuming that the same will happen again in Dragonflight. However, I’m an optimist and the only way that changes is if Blizzard outright ignores feedback again in Dragonflight during Alpha/Beta. Of course there’s a higher chance that they’ll ignore feedback based on precedent. Again, I’m agreeing with you. Unfortunately, I can’t just outright assume that’ll happen again for Dragonflight (even if history tells us it likely will).

    Now, if Blizzard does listen to feedback this testing cycle, we’re in for a treat!

  6. #60746
    Void Lord Aeluron Lightsong's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    In some Sanctuaryesque place or a Haven
    Posts
    44,683
    I'm gonna guess it won't be monday that we'll see Alpha.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

    Warrior-Magi

  7. #60747
    Warchief Catastrophy349's Avatar
    1+ Year Old Account
    Join Date
    Jan 2022
    Location
    What Sword? That Sword!
    Posts
    2,162
    Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron Lightsong View Post
    I'm gonna guess it won't be monday that we'll see Alpha.
    Alpha is Thursday. That’s confirmed at this point. Marla is specifically talking about the process right before Alpha/datamining that becomes available.

  8. #60748
    Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Join Date
    May 2016
    Location
    Poland
    Posts
    8,383
    Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron Lightsong View Post
    I'm gonna guess it won't be monday that we'll see Alpha.
    It's 99% Thursday, maybe we will see blue post on Monday, maybe not, it doesn't really matter. What important is that dataminable build can drop any day (and it could be their late day/EU early morning as well).

  9. #60749
    I would love for them to split M+ Seasons from Raid seasons. Have two M+ seasons within one Raid season. Dunno about PvP because I dont really care about it.

  10. #60750
    Warchief Catastrophy349's Avatar
    1+ Year Old Account
    Join Date
    Jan 2022
    Location
    What Sword? That Sword!
    Posts
    2,162
    I’m really interested to see how Dragonriding looks, in real-time, with everyone in the game flying around (in other words, think of how everyone looks flying on flying mounts in the sky, but now imagine our dragons doing cool tricks).

  11. #60751
    I am Murloc! KOUNTERPARTS's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    ( ° ͜ʖ͡°)╭∩╮
    Posts
    5,825
    Just want muh early access to Evokers.

  12. #60752
    Quote Originally Posted by Catastrophy349 View Post
    I’m really interested to see how Dragonriding looks, in real-time, with everyone in the game flying around (in other words, think of how everyone looks flying on flying mounts in the sky, but now imagine our dragons doing cool tricks).
    i just hope there's plenty of secrets and hidden items or mobs you can find only with dragonriding up to places.

  13. #60753
    Warchief Catastrophy349's Avatar
    1+ Year Old Account
    Join Date
    Jan 2022
    Location
    What Sword? That Sword!
    Posts
    2,162
    Quote Originally Posted by KOUNTERPARTS View Post
    Just want muh early access to Evokers.
    Didn’t Legion Alpha start with DH access? I know there were two alpha cycles, technically, I’m just speaking in terms of firsts.

    Regardless, I really want to see Evoker, too. I have every intention to main one unless something during testing turns me completely off.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Arcinatoss View Post
    i just hope there's plenty of secrets and hidden items or mobs you can find only with dragonriding up to places.
    Yessssss! Same! I really want there to be areas we physically can not access without Dragonriding and/or without increasing our Dragonriding skill to a certain point, first.

  14. #60754
    The Insane Raetary's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Location
    Base Camp
    Posts
    19,399
    Quote Originally Posted by KOUNTERPARTS View Post
    Just want muh early access to Evokers.
    That isn't happening until pre-patch.


    Formerly known as Arafal

  15. #60755
    Warchief Catastrophy349's Avatar
    1+ Year Old Account
    Join Date
    Jan 2022
    Location
    What Sword? That Sword!
    Posts
    2,162
    Quote Originally Posted by Arafal View Post
    That isn't happening until pre-patch.
    I’m terms of US playing them, yes. I think they meant Alpha/Beta gameplay, testing, information, talents, etc.

  16. #60756
    Quote Originally Posted by Marlamin View Post
    lolno, Alpha week is going to be interesting to get through!
    I only speak from my experience as a surgeon, but a very clean cloth/towel soaked in a bit of warm water should help the healing process along. I'd avoid salt water or tea bags (?) that some people suggest, just at the risk of introducing new bacteria to the area. Otherwise just take your meds and hope!

  17. #60757
    Quote Originally Posted by Grimmy17 View Post
    I only speak from my experience as a surgeon, but a very clean cloth/towel soaked in a bit of warm water should help the healing process along. I'd avoid salt water or tea bags (?) that some people suggest, just at the risk of introducing new bacteria to the area. Otherwise just take your meds and hope!
    Yeah, am on it already. Can't let anything in my way of datamining, even if it's literally in my field of view.

  18. #60758
    I am Murloc! KOUNTERPARTS's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    ( ° ͜ʖ͡°)╭∩╮
    Posts
    5,825
    Quote Originally Posted by Catastrophy349 View Post
    Didn’t Legion Alpha start with DH access? I know there were two alpha cycles, technically, I’m just speaking in terms of firsts.

    Regardless, I really want to see Evoker, too. I have every intention to main one unless something during testing turns me completely off.
    Quote Originally Posted by Arafal View Post
    That isn't happening until pre-patch.

    I know, I just want them sooner.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Catastrophy349 View Post
    I’m terms of US playing them, yes. I think they meant Alpha/Beta gameplay, testing, information, talents, etc.

    That would be appetizing in the mean time.

  19. #60759
    Quote Originally Posted by Catastrophy349 View Post
    I’m really interested to see how Dragonriding looks, in real-time, with everyone in the game flying around (in other words, think of how everyone looks flying on flying mounts in the sky, but now imagine our dragons doing cool tricks).
    I honestly never thought of that. I am guessing it will look pretty cool while you're out in the world. I am just wondering if old school flying to going to forever look awkward once we've been doing DF for an entire expansion cycle.

  20. #60760
    Quote Originally Posted by Khaza-R View Post
    I honestly never thought of that. I am guessing it will look pretty cool while you're out in the world. I am just wondering if old school flying to going to forever look awkward once we've been doing DF for an entire expansion cycle.
    The very idea of regular flying is absurd when we get flying that actually looks like flying. I imagine it will be about on the same level of absurdity as doing eight year old raids as compared to current raids.
    One one hand you have something with mechanics, and on the other what is essentially godmode.

    Honestly I hope they never go back to old flying and instead just make Dragonriding more in-depth.
    The world revamp dream will never die!

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •