I'd like to apologize for a few trollish comments earlier in the week. I've been here with you guys since WoD alpha.. and 8 years later still here.. its been a blast, lets hope Blizzard drops the alpha this week, and then ill see you all in another 2 years

Quote Originally Posted by boyzma View Post
    It's just now 8 am. I'm on the west coast which is also Blizzard time. I just hope with all the hype in here when people don't get what they want it doesn't turn into a bitch fest.But it will....never fails.
    Oh, for me it dosn't really matter what comes out. I just want to be around when it does. Way more fun seeing everyones reaction in real time instead of reading through it later. And that also goes for the reactions to nothing coming out. That's what so fun in these seasons of hype and leaks: seeing reactions, being part of the event. As much as people crap on reaction vidoes and similar (and usually it is absolutely warrented crapping), seeing other peoples reaction to stuff is fun.

Oh, and happy page 3100!

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Cheezits View Post
    Definitely could be the spawn of Cenarius and an elemental from the Isles. Or from another one of his kids.
    They are not from the isles, they predate the WotA.

They have been led there by a another wild god.

Formerly known as Arafal

1+ Year Old Account
    I fully intend to play a Dracthyr Evoker main in DF unless something changes my initial HYPE. Most importantly, show me the Isles!

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sondrelk View Post
    3100 hype!!
    Not long now and we will migrate to the proper Dragonflight General Discussion thread, and so the cycle will begin anew.
    This is the only wheel I wouldn't want to break!

#TEAMGIRAFFE

Quote Originally Posted by Catastrophy349 View Post
    I fully intend to play a Dracthyr Evoker main in DF unless something changes my initial HYPE. Most importantly, show me the Isles!
    I must say I've thoroughly enjoyed your transformation from suspected blizzard employee to full speed hopium/copium train! Never, ever change

Give me the Evokers!

No way the put alpha up without a preview of every class talent tree, right ?
    12/12

1+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Grimmy17 View Post
    I must say I've thoroughly enjoyed your transformation from suspected blizzard employee to full speed hopium/copium train! Never, ever change

Give me the Evokers!
    I’ve played this game for a long time. Sure, there’s been some bumps along the way in terms of lesser expansions; however, I still find joy. Shadowlands was, and I say this calmly, an utter crapshoot that “could” have been great with all the HYPE but failed. Unlike many, I enjoyed BFA. So, for me, only Shadowlands (over the course of 16 years of playing) disappointed me. I can’t justify being pessimistic or angry at a game I love because of one expansion.

TLDR; I am so pumped for Dragonflight Alpha, Datamining, etc. to start.

Quote Originally Posted by Abitou View Post
    At the rate the trees have been posted, I wouldn't hold out hope.

Also I recall someone posting that some streamer or someone of some import implying that alpha will launch before all the trees are out.

7+ Year Old Account
    I’ve played this game for a long time. Sure, there’s been some bumps along the way in terms of lesser expansions; however, I still find joy. Shadowlands was, and I say this calmly, an utter crapshoot that “could” have been great with all the HYPE but failed. Unlike many, I enjoyed BFA. So, for me, only Shadowlands (over the course of 16 years of playing) disappointed me. I can’t justify being pessimistic or angry at a game I love because of one expansion.

TLDR; I am so pumped for Dragonflight Alpha, Datamining, etc. to start.
    For me it was the other way round - BFA had so much potential but turned out to be super disappointing, especially the Sylvanas storyline. I'm so glad they managed to fix that with Shadowlands. Meanwhile, the only thing that was missing from Shadowlands was a Thros tier but maybe they saved that for a potential Lifelands expansion instead. And yeah, the start was rough gameplay wise thanks to covenants but that got solved with the ripcord.

#TEAMGIRAFFE

1+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lady Atia View Post
    For me it was the other way round - BFA had so much potential but turned out to be super disappointing, especially the Sylvanas storyline. I'm so glad they managed to fix that with Shadowlands. Meanwhile, the only thing that was missing from Shadowlands was a Thros tier but maybe they saved that for a potential Lifelands expansion instead. And yeah, the start was rough gameplay wise thanks to covenants but they managed to change that with the ripcord.
    BFA had issues, certainly. Shadowlands had many as well. If the state of SL during 9.1.5 was in at launch, my mind would be very different. In terms of story, I could sit here all day and go back and forth with people on it (I won’t give my opinion on whether I thought it was good or not).

If I remember correctly, all the new talent trees with the MoP revamp were previewed before alpha began with the exception of the monk class. But I think they dropped them either with or very shortly after BlizzCon so different situation we are dealing with now, for sure.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nyel View Post
    When exactly was this the case? Because unused talent doesn't equal "talent I did not pick". They never had tier sets revolving around talent choices, it was always for skills you always get (let it be unused or not).

Not exactly the best example, but these bonuses made mages pick CS regardless in 9.2.
    Sometimes, the light of the moon is a key to other spaces. I've found a place where, for a night or two, the streets curve in unfamiliar ways. If I walk here, I might find insight, or I might be touched by madness.

Quote Originally Posted by Makabreska View Post

Not exactly a best example, but these bonuses made mages pick CS regardless of 2-set in 9.2.
    I knew I was forgetting at least one! Thanks for the reminder

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    1 hour to some annoucement?

Why not? First build could be just Evoker. First build could be few classes that got talents revealed. Finally, they could just release classes without bothering to put blue post for everyone. There is no rule.

BFA had issues, certainly. Shadowlands had many as well. If the state of SL during 9.1.5 was in at launch, my mind would be very different. In terms of story, I could sit here all day and go back and forth with people on it (I won’t give my opinion on whether I thought it was good or not).
    I'll happily say that I thought the story of Shadowlands was lackluster. The cadence was ALL over the place and the resolutions were tepid at best. I can't say I felt strongly about BFA's story but my god did I love me some corruption gear

Quote Originally Posted by Arafal View Post
    Today is my plopped into existence day, so we can with complete certainty say that today we'll get absolutely nothing.
    Well you are absolutely wrong!!! You get a Happy Birthday from some random guy in Alabama.

Happy Birthday!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Makabreska View Post

Not exactly the best example, but these bonuses made mages pick CS regardless in 9.2.
    Kind of a bad example tbh because Comet Storm still only was marginally better in ST and worse in AOE. Even then, it didn't revolve around the talent choice at all, because the effect wouldn't depend on you having the talent or not.

10+ Year Old Account
    Don't expect something today, that's the best thing to do
    Last edited by Valysar; 2022-07-11 at 04:17 PM.

1+ Year Old Account
    The only thing I expect, no, can count on is that my copium tank will need to be re-filled at a minimum of 40 minutes from now.