Current talents dont look great for Mythic raiding. Right now, each raid is looking at 10 mandatory classes/specs and we havent even seen the rest of the talents or what the top specs will be.

Quote Originally Posted by klaps_05 View Post
    Current talents dont look great for Mythic raiding. Right now, each raid is looking at 10 mandatory classes/specs and we havent even seen the rest of the talents or what the top specs will be.
    Clearly then, the specs will not be mandatory.

Morning y'all - Disappointed there wasn't a surprise talent tree or two whilst I was working but here's hoping for today

Wishing for fun holy shockadin builds and gust of wind for shamans!

Quote Originally Posted by Grimmy17 View Post
    Morning y'all - Disappointed there wasn't a surprise talent tree or two whilst I was working but here's hoping for today

Wishing for fun holy shockadin builds and gust of wind for shamans!
    I really want to try playing my Holy Priest offensive for questing (something like this), the support is crazy. Wonder if we will get the same level of support for Holy Paladins, they already have solid damage so with a bit more support it will be amazing (and very interesting in both cases for PvP).
    Last edited by Nymrohd; 2022-07-12 at 09:59 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    I really want to try playing my Holy Priest offensive for questing, the support is crazy. Wonder if we will get the same level of support for Holy Paladins, they already have solid damage so with a bit more support it will be amazing (and very interesting in both cases for PvP).
    They gave Holy Priests an entire talent tree section just for that, I think Holy Paladin will get the same.
    MAGA - Make Alliance Great Again

Quote Originally Posted by Nyel View Post
    They gave Holy Priests an entire talent tree section just for that, I think Holy Paladin will get the same.
    It's always a dangerous road with Holy Paladin damage - If the damage tree for Holy Priest made it so holy fire did smart healing etc it would be an issue, but since Holy Paladin does it naturally for their healing it makes me worried if they give them a lot of damage unless it's kiss/curse.

Perhaps they can build into damage at the expense of their healing, I'd be fine with that. I mained Holy Paladin for Nyalotha and the first two tiers of this expansion (current Holy Priest), and having access to that kind of free damage was messy for the m+ and raid meta.

A full reversion back to critical strike holy paladin would be excellent in my opinion, to really capture the good old legion days!

P.s. forgive any typos you see, not settled down for my sleep yet!

Clearly then, the specs will not be mandatory.
    Eh they are exaggerating but right now it looks like
    Blood dk 1
    Resto druid 1
    Guardian druid 1
    Shadow priest 3
    Outlaw rogue 3
    Ass rogue 1?
    You get gorefiends
    Empowered innervate
    Reduced damage
    Essentially 6 PI
    A free quick reset on 2min cds
    Boss damage reduction

This is also not taking any balance into account so like you said the specs might not be required. If Shadow doesn't do good damage with PI they can be replaced with a disc priest. You'll have rogues for immunity anyways.

Quote Originally Posted by Forum Man View Post
    Eh they are exaggerating but right now it looks like
    Blood dk 1
    Resto druid 1
    Guardian druid 1
    Shadow priest 3
    Outlaw rogue 3
    Ass rogue 1?
    You get gorefiends
    Empowered innervate
    Reduced damage
    Essentially 6 PI
    A free quick reset on 2min cds
    Boss damage reduction

This is also not taking any balance into account so like you said the specs might not be required. If Shadow doesn't do good damage with PI they can be replaced with a disc priest. You'll have rogues for immunity anyways.
    This seems a tad superfluous to call these specs "mandatory" - sure the raid buffs are strong, but I think calling "essentially 6 PI" mandatory is a bit much. From all of them i'd say any form of druid for Mark of the Wild (since it's 3% magic DR, which is very rare in any kind of pve content) will be a likely lock.

This seems a tad superfluous to call these specs "mandatory" - sure the raid buffs are strong, but I think calling "essentially 6 PI" mandatory is a bit much. From all of them i'd say any form of druid for Mark of the Wild (since it's 3% magic DR, which is very rare in any kind of pve content) will be a likely lock.
    I think the best scenario would be for EVERYONE to have a solid buff like PI.

1+ Year Old Account
    Day 2. Fight!

Quote Originally Posted by Catastrophy349 View Post
    Day 2. Fight!
    I think Dragon riding blog or maybe Evoker. I think it is very likely that Evoker will be the very first thing to be tested.

Quote Originally Posted by Forum Man View Post
    -snip-
    A better summary, as some specs are unclear atm:

1 DK any spec (AMZ/Abo limb)
    1 Druid any spec (Mark of the Wild)
    1 Outlaw Rogue (minimum 1, Group CDR)
    1 Assa Rogue (raid DR)
    1 Priest any spec (free double PI)
    1 Warrior any spec (Rallying Cry, 5% AP)
    1 Mage any spec (Arcane Int, 5% int, Lust)
    1 DH any spec (Brand, 5% spell dmg)
    1 Monk any spec (Mystic touch, 5% physical)
    1 Warlock any spec (gate/stone)

Thats 10 raid spots. Then you probably add the top performing/simming specs per fight and throw them in the outlaw rogues group and throw them some PIs. Wouldnt be surprised to see RWF raids with something like 4 outlaw rogues in 2 groups with the 3 top dps giving them massive CDR.

Like I said depending on strength of shadow they might just have the healing priests take that job

Assassination also has a powerful poison and the CD reduction of outlaw can't be overlooked as I've said you can essentially get a free reset on your 2 minute CDs but again it can be cut back to maybe 1-2 because a lot of classes have 1min cds and resets don't matter if it's not at the right point in the fight.

Either way we are seeing the development of these classes changing with each set of trees

Reminds me of the "Everyone will have to go Venthyr because Door of Shadows is gonna be broken at skipping trash for M+" meme.

At least wait until the rest of the trees are around to start doomposting about these ones being mandatory. Doesn't matter if one class is bringing reduced damage or boss damage reduction if five other classes can also spec into similar things. When your current list literally boils down to "four out of five classes shown so far can bring great things to a group and I'd really want to bring them" there's probably not much of an issue.

Quote Originally Posted by klaps_05 View Post
    Wouldnt be surprised to see RWF raids with something like 4 outlaw rogues in 2 groups with the 3 top dps giving them massive CDR.
    Or more likely, that talent removed or nerfed.

I think Dragon riding blog or maybe Evoker. I think it is very likely that Evoker will be the very first thing to be tested.
    If they do evoker it's gonna be visage and talents
    Can't wait to see dragon riding but I just want my monk trees already

1+ Year Old Account
    I would be very pleased with either, both, or even more! More I say, moar! MAWR!

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Hitei View Post
    Reminds me of the "Everyone will have to go Venthyr because Door of Shadows is gonna be broken at skipping trash for M+" meme.

At least wait until the rest of the trees are around to start doomposting about these ones being mandatory. Doesn't matter if one class is bringing reduced damage or boss damage reduction if five other classes can also spec into similar things. When your current list literally boils down to "four out of five classes shown so far can bring great things to a group and I'd really want to bring them" there's probably not much of an issue.
    Although some clear issues in some of the trees, I think they are all quite interesting so far.

Quote Originally Posted by Hitei View Post

I do think there is a valid concern in that we are seeing a lot of potentially exceptional utility BUT that utility takes many forms. Mark of the Wild vs PI vs Restless Crew is problematic. You only need 1 druid for Mark. You need an outlaw rogue per group for Restless Crew and people who are stuck in groups without the outlaw rogue will feel like crap (and potentially would want a different build depending on if they'll have the buff or not). As for PI we already know what problems PI creates. I love the utility but I'd rather have utility that doesn't cause social issues.

I don't think Restless Crew is going to be that problematic as you guys think. Not all classes benefit from having a lower major CD due to desync, and it's not like people were stacking more Priests just for Fae Guardians.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Speedblast View Post
    I don't think Restless Crew is going to be that problematic as you guys think. Not all classes benefit from having a lower major CD due to desync, and it's not like people were stacking more Priests just for Fae Guardians.
    Also quite often cd's are useless if they aren't lining up with push timers on bosses. Some cd reduction brings nothing for progression if you have to save your cd's anyways.

#TEAMGIRAFFE