Quote Originally Posted by KOUNTERPARTS View Post
    So... Dracthyr use Chi as a secondary resource?
    Alpha, placeholder UI.

It's the charged system they talked about most likely

Homophobia is so gay.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gifdwarf View Post
    It's the first build of alpha and it's using the old UI, it's just a placeholder.
    Or they are using a system similiar to the old dk runes. Maybe you get 5 different orbs, one for each flight?

Na, too crazy.

#TEAMGIRAFFE

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ilir View Post
    It's the charged system they talked about most likely
    I don't think so as they also talked about potentially expanding charged spells to other classes in the future. If they tie it to a special resource on the UI that wouldn't be possible. Charging will likely use the cast bar UI in a reverse of channeling. It fills rather than depletes.
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

1+ Year Old Account
    Here me out:

We are getting a brand-new empowered ability. "Dracthyr Evokers can empower their draconic abilities through magic. Charge-up your attacks and unleash them at the right moment to maximize their effects." What IF these are 5 charges and they fill up (think of Diablo 3 Paladin resource UI so beautiful)? That would mean you can use 5 Empower abilities until it re-charges? Maybe some cost more than others?

OR

It's chi.

Dracthyr aren't using chi, lol. Even if it's a secondary resource it's just a placeholder using the old UI, the unique art probably isn't done being created. If anything it could represent the 5 flights too.

Quote Originally Posted by Catastrophy349 View Post
    Here me out:

We are getting a brand-new empowered ability. "Dracthyr Evokers can empower their draconic abilities through magic. Charge-up your attacks and unleash them at the right moment to maximize their effects." What IF these are 5 charges and they fill up (think of Diablo 3 Paladin resource UI so beautiful)? That would mean you can use 5 Empower abilities until it re-charges? Maybe some cost more than others?

OR

It's chi.
    Yeah this is what I said a few pages back, just seems to be a way to navigate the system a bit better otherwise you'd have to master how to empower each ability one after another the whole fight

15+ Year Old Account
    Here me out: We are getting a brand-new empowered ability. "Dracthyr Evokers can empower their draconic abilities through magic. Charge-up your attacks and unleash them at the right moment to maximize their effects." What IF these are 5 charges and they fill up (think of Diablo 3 Paladin resource UI so beautiful)? That would mean you can use 5 Empower abilities until it re-charges? Maybe some cost more than others?
    Blizzard would have to have changed how it functions since they gave interviews. As they stated it would be hold to charge with a toggle for accessibility. Which wouldn't fit with using a resource to build up charges. That wouldn't even be anything new as it is just build a basic resource.
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

Quote Originally Posted by rhorle View Post
    Blizzard would have to have changed how it functions since they gave interviews. As they stated it would be hold to charge with a toggle for accessibility. Which wouldn't fit with using a resource to build up charges. That wouldn't even be anything new as it is just build a basic resource.
    I just think it's to limit a really odd gameplay cycle of "spend this 6 minute boss fight holding and releasing your number X button over and over"

Charges means you gotta think about when to expend them AND what level to "empower" them at

1+ Year Old Account
    Here's what I think:

It's a new secondary resource, similar to Death Knight using Runic Power (1) and Runes (2). I imagine different abilities will cost either Resource (1), Resource (2), or both.

Here's what I think:

It's a new secondary resource, similar to Death Knight using Runic Power (1) and Runes (2). I imagine different abilities will cost either Resource (1), Resource (2), or both.
    It's probably this, one for each flight could be pretty cool.

So many questions I wish I can answer
    http://twitch.tv/towelliee TowelRapaport #WoWsheet

I saw someone mention this on reddit about the greatwyrm thing, that maybe it started as a reward for blood elves from their questline, like how the dark iron dwarves got that hound. It would give reason to the blood elf aesthetic it has.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Grimmy17 View Post
    Charges means you gotta think about when to expend them AND what level to "empower" them at
    Right. But that isn't anything new or exciting and goes against everything they've talked about the empower mechanic.

Right. But that isn't anything new or exciting and goes against everything they've talked about the empower mechanic.
    I mean empower as a mechanic IS new? And, speaking for myself here, pressing and holding a button for a whole boss fight doesn't sound especially "exciting" to me?

That's just me though

Why?

Lets say you have an ability without cooldown, with empower.
    When you press down and hold the key, it will start to power up.
    It can be empowered up to two times (while holding down the key long enough to pass the two bars in the spellbar), but each empower costs a UI Point.
    If you dont have a Point left, the bar doesnt fill up further, and the spell is immediately released.

1+ Year Old Account
    Let's not forget, everyone: Usually, we have gameplay after an announcement. We never got that with Dragonflight. This is why so many people are either HYPE AF for it, or afraid of what it could look like. Every expansion, we get a demo video by some content creator at Blizzcon. Not Dragonflight. Even Shadowlands had Announcement Day footage from streamers/content creators.

WE ARE HUNGRY! All we want is Alpha so bad, it's actually crazy. However, we are ALMOST there. Soon. No TM. A couple more days!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by towelliee View Post
    So many questions I wish I can answer

Why say anything at all, then? Unless seeking attention. You wouldn't do that though.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kiivar86 View Post
    I saw someone mention this on reddit about the greatwyrm thing, that maybe it started as a reward for blood elves from their questline, like how the dark iron dwarves got that hound. It would give reason to the blood elf aesthetic it has.
    The Dark Iron hound was in the gamefiles since BFA. While I agree the wyrm would have been a fitting reward for that questline, I'm quite sure it was always planned as promotional mount. I could defo see them re-using it for the blood elf expedition flightpaths on the dragon isles though, similiar to WoD and the faery dragons. Maybe we won't get a dedicated rep for them so they made it a store mount instead.

#TEAMGIRAFFE

1+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by KOUNTERPARTS View Post
    Why say anything at all, then? Unless seeking attention. You wouldn't do that though.
    Let's not go there. It's copium week! HYPE!

Empower isn't anything new or exciting