Quote Originally Posted by Khaza-R View Post
    I have my doubts that could ever be balanced in a meaningful way.

Seems to ripe for abuse, for one. Then you have the issue of having no accountability. What do you do when some DPS have tagged the same mob but can't meet the DPS threshold? You can't see who it is and you can't kick them, so its kind of inviting an environment of rage like you see with Shifting Stargorger in ZM.
    You don't even need to form groups for this. Guild Wars 2 does it good. No idea if there are technical limitations for WoW engine though.
    MAGA - Make Alliance Great Again

Quote Originally Posted by Nyel View Post
    You don't even need to form groups for this. Guild Wars 2 does it good. No idea if there are technical limitations for WoW engine though.
    But then you got what you have right now with world bosses: Mindless target dummies because there is no accountability. You can't have high DPS requirements because you can't do anything about people doing 200 DPS. You can't have (any, really) hard mechanics, because most players are just not good enough, and if someone fucks it up, even if the mechanic just affects them, they will still have boosted the boss HP.

Hell, GW2 has this exact issue where they can't have any metas that are more than just "autoattack and sometimes switch targets" because, as Dragons End has shown, if any more is required of the player base, it just doesn't work.

Hoping for some news today....cough cough MAGE TALENTS cough cough..

1+ Year Old Account
    Incoming! Copium tank! 5 minutes!

Quote Originally Posted by Catastrophy349 View Post
    Incoming! Copium tank! 5 minutes!
    That when the new tank gets delivered?

Please tell me they're putting a "show bags as one bag" instead of the weird multi-bag thing we've had for years

1+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bindanda View Post
    That when the new tank gets delivered?
    You lost copium and went STRAIGHT for the hopium.

I'm not really expecting anything today, if the alpha truly starts tomorrow. They already showed some dracthyr/talent blogs like they said they would and I don't think they have to show all the trees before alpha starts.

Quote Originally Posted by Gifdwarf View Post
    I'm not really expecting anything today, if the alpha truly starts tomorrow. They already showed some dracthyr/talent blogs like they said they would and I don't think they have to show all the trees before alpha starts.
    Still nice to hope All of the classes tree's thus far have been the classes I tend to shy away from, so I'm very excited to get my hands on a tree I actually can navigate through

If the Alpha starts tomorrow, it could make sense to make it available for datamining tonight.

Just realized, is this the first Alpha in a while that has the capital city implemented at launch? If I remember right, both capitals in BFA weren't finished (Zandalar first, cus its a raid) and it took a while for Oribos to show up.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Worldshaper View Post
    If the Alpha starts tomorrow, it could make sense to make it available for datamining tonight.
    Yeah I can't see them announcing the start/dropping the NDA AND dropping the build in the same day.

Quote Originally Posted by Worldshaper View Post
    That's probably the best case scenario and what I'm hoping for today.

Quote Originally Posted by Cheezits View Post
    Yeah I can't see them announcing the start/dropping the NDA AND dropping the build in the same day.
    This is true, and simultaneously spooky - doesn't this mean there is a possibility of no Alpha this week if they want some air time after announcing it?

Quote Originally Posted by Cheezits View Post
    Just realized, is this the first Alpha in a while that has the capital city implemented at launch? If I remember right, both capitals in BFA weren't finished (Zandalar first, cus its a raid) and it took a while for Oribos to show up.
    Good point. I guess it depends on how far along it is, it could still mostly be unfinished, I guess we'll have to wait and see for the datamined minimaps.

Quote Originally Posted by Grimmy17 View Post
    This is true, and simultaneously spooky - doesn't this mean there is a possibility of no Alpha this week if they want some air time after announcing it?
    Streamers have said over and over that "alpha starts" on the 14th, and I think that means actually playable or visible.

wonder when the nda ends tomorrow, maybe eu morning times ? copium

I don't think streamers would all be saying alpha on the 14th if it was just datamining, makes more sense it's the day it goes up.

Quote Originally Posted by Thoreya View Post
    Andddd.... nothing.
    It’s not even lunchtime on the west coast lol.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by zeir View Post
    wonder when the nda ends tomorrow, maybe eu morning times ? copium
    T&E said he would stream "maybe a bit late" tomorrow. But I would guess we will get the datamine tonight together with NDA lift at midnight and invites going out tomorrow.

#TEAMGIRAFFE