1. #63001
    Merely a Setback Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Location
    Land of moose and goose.
    Posts
    25,456
    Quote Originally Posted by rhorle View Post
    That doesn't really fit the lore of Elementals. As when they died they would eventually materialize back on Azeroth. If the Lifelands is their source then wouldn't they go back there? The Titans created the elemental prison to keep the elementals contained because they were unkillable. Interestingly that regen capability seems to have been severed with the prison since Ragnaros is dead and Blizzard it is implied that he isn't just "regenerating".

    Also the origin of Centaur have never been stated. Do you have a source for the rock lady? There was a Nigh elven "rumor" that they are bastard children of Cenarius but that was never a official source of their origin. The RPG had them as children Cenarius gave birth to but that is no longer canon. Or are you just mixing "head canon" in at will?
    The plane of life could just be the great dark as we already have the elements stay in the great dark when they die and sprit which causes all life is an element as well.
    All I ever wanted was the truth. Remember those words as you read the ones that follow. I never set out to topple my father's kingdom of lies from a sense of misplaced pride. I never wanted to bleed the species to its marrow, reaving half the galaxy clean of human life in this bitter crusade. I never desired any of this, though I know the reasons for which it must be done. But all I ever wanted was the truth.

  2. #63002
    The Unstoppable Force rhorle's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Michigan
    Posts
    20,369
    Quote Originally Posted by Lorgar Aurelian View Post
    Chronicles tells us the elementals are one of the first forms of life in the universe and that organic life that isn’t made by the titans is from the 5th element spirit turning elementals to flesh, so while not quite “from the plane of life” it’s all been rather explicit since chronicles.
    https://wowpedia.fandom.com/wiki/Elemental_spirit

    It doesn't say anything that spirit turns elementals to flesh. Only that spirit determines how aggressive or peaceful elemental spirits are. To little and they turn aggresive. To much and they turn peaceful.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Lorgar Aurelian View Post
    The plane of life could just be the great dark as we already have the elements stay in the great dark when they die and sprit which causes all life is an element as well.
    The Great Dark is "outer space". If it is the plane of life then we are already in the Lifelands, right?
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

  3. #63003
    Quote Originally Posted by rhorle View Post
    That doesn't really fit the lore of Elementals. As when they died they would eventually materialize back on Azeroth. If the Lifelands is their source then wouldn't they go back there? The Titans created the elemental prison to keep the elementals contained because they were unkillable. Interestingly that regen capability seems to have been severed with the prison since Ragnaros is dead and Blizzard it is implied that he isn't just "regenerating".

    Also the origin of Centaur have never been stated. Do you have a source for the rock lady? There was a Nigh elven "rumor" that they are bastard children of Cenarius but that was never a official source of their origin. The RPG had them as children Cenarius gave birth to but that is no longer canon. Or are you just mixing "head canon" in at will?
    https://wowpedia.fandom.com/wiki/The...te-Chronicle-3

    As per Chronicle 1, the centaurs are the children of Zaetar and Theradras. Unless the book implies it isn't true, but I thought this was established lore.

    Also if Elementals truly do respawn on Azeroth then it may lend to that idea that Reality/Great Dark is the Lifelands. I have always thought it was the Plane of Order though.

  4. #63004
    The Unstoppable Force rhorle's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Michigan
    Posts
    20,369
    Quote Originally Posted by Cheezits View Post
    It's implied through the Cosmology chart but I don't think anything has concretely said "Elements come from the plane of Life". As in the same place the Dream comes from.
    Chronicles says that Elementals came from shards of light hitting planets and giving those planets the spark of life. So if they are from anything they would be from the initial battle between Void and Light that created everything else. The "Plane of Life" would have been created at the same time and not really the source of elementals.
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

  5. #63005
    Quote Originally Posted by rhorle View Post
    Chronicles says that Elementals came from shards of light hitting planets and giving those planets the spark of life. So if they are from anything they would be from the initial battle between Void and Light that created everything else. The "Plane of Life" would have been created at the same time and not really the source of elementals.
    Could they not be the Old God/Naaru/Nathrezim equivalent of Life that is shot out to planets to spread influence?

  6. #63006
    Love seeing new models for DF. SL's aesthetic was mostly a miss for me.

  7. #63007
    The Unstoppable Force rhorle's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Michigan
    Posts
    20,369
    https://wowpedia.fandom.com/wiki/Centaur#History

    Implies that the offspring of Zaetar was only a specific group of Centaur as the Dragon Isles have Centaur that existed before his offspring were born. Chronicles states Zaetar and Theradras had children around 1,100 years ago. Where as the Centaur on the Dragon Isles are way older.
    Last edited by rhorle; 2022-07-15 at 05:03 PM.
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

  8. #63008
    The Lightbringer Valysar's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    France
    Posts
    3,781
    Lots of new models I see, but not so many new skeletons

  9. #63009
    The Unstoppable Force rhorle's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Michigan
    Posts
    20,369
    Quote Originally Posted by Cheezits View Post
    Could they not be the Old God/Naaru/Nathrezim equivalent of Life that is shot out to planets to spread influence?
    No. The shards that created elementals came from the explosion between Light and Void that is the "origin" for the universe and everything else. Could Blizzard change it to something like you say with out really doing a retcon? Sure because "legends" and the biased narrator. But it seems clear the intent is that nothing was behind their existence.

    If something was going to be attributed to life it would likely be the Evergrowth or similar entity. https://wowpedia.fandom.com/wiki/Evergrowth
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

  10. #63010
    Quote Originally Posted by Valysar View Post
    Lots of new models I see, but not so many new skeletons
    No need to reinvent the wheel. I never fully understood why some people (not saying you, Valysar, just in general) get hung up on skeleton re-usage. So long as the body around it is relatively different, what's the harm?

    Only so many ways you can set up a bird skeleton or ground lizard, anyway.

  11. #63011
    Merely a Setback Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Location
    Land of moose and goose.
    Posts
    25,456
    Quote Originally Posted by rhorle View Post
    https://wowpedia.fandom.com/wiki/Elemental_spirit

    It doesn't say anything that spirit turns elementals to flesh. Only that spirit determines how aggressive or peaceful elemental spirits are. To little and they turn aggresive. To much and they turn peaceful.
    it’s in chronicles at the origin of the proto drakes. sprit calms the elements and then an element at X lvl of calm turns to flesh, Azeroth eating up all the sprit stopped it from happening on Azeroth until the Titan showed up and fixed things.


    The Great Dark is "outer space". If it is the plane of life then we are already in the Lifelands, right?
    ya we’d already be in the life lands which makes a kind of sense when elune has so much stuff in the great dark and is apparently part of the pantheon of life.

    If you compare say ardenweld for example the winter queen has servants (night elfs) a magic process for rebirth (emerald dream) and abunch of little pet races like the soul shapes and fairy’s (owl beast dyrads ect) only real thing missing is elune walking around like the winter queen does and she presumably used to given that she had time to shag malorne.
    All I ever wanted was the truth. Remember those words as you read the ones that follow. I never set out to topple my father's kingdom of lies from a sense of misplaced pride. I never wanted to bleed the species to its marrow, reaving half the galaxy clean of human life in this bitter crusade. I never desired any of this, though I know the reasons for which it must be done. But all I ever wanted was the truth.

  12. #63012
    Mechagnome Akta's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Milano, Italy
    Posts
    660
    Quote Originally Posted by Valysar View Post
    Lots of new models I see, but not so many new skeletons
    We already have many so who cares ?
    ...Le Poète est semblable au prince des nuées
    Qui hante la tempête e se rit de l'archer;
    Exilé sul le sol au milieu des huées,
    Ses ailes de géant l'empêchent de marcher.

    Charles Baudelaire

  13. #63013
    Maybe in 1000th time in this thread, but that datamining hits dreams about world rewamp nerve really hard.
    New Fugborgs, gnolls, treants, ships, centaurs, stone giants, lightning lizards, mamoths, dragons (ofc), dryads even rumors about new throne room in Orgrimmar. All that stuff litterally calls for updating old world in future. Thay are even adding revenants, just from wc3!
    And for that - it will be WoW 10expansion, it call to do some big and meaty dlc.

  14. #63014
    Elemental Lord Makabreska's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Streets Strange by Moonlight
    Posts
    8,955
    Quote Originally Posted by ChairmanKaga View Post
    Love seeing new models for DF. SL's aesthetic was mostly a miss for me.
    Ye, same here. I was excited for SL, but this otherworldly aesthetic quickly wore off for me. Primal, back-to-basic DF motifs are one of the biggest pros of the expansion.

    also

    Loving that Lost Dwarves are back in new Uldaman!
    Last edited by Makabreska; 2022-07-15 at 05:16 PM.
    Sometimes, the light of the moon is a key to other spaces. I've found a place where, for a night or two, the streets curve in unfamiliar ways. If I walk here, I might find insight, or I might be touched by madness.

  15. #63015
    The Unstoppable Force rhorle's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Michigan
    Posts
    20,369
    Quote Originally Posted by Lorgar Aurelian View Post
    sprit calms the elements and then an element at X lvl of calm turns to flesh, Azeroth eating up all the sprit stopped it from happening on Azeroth until the Titan showed up and fixed things.
    Strange then that it doesn't state anything about spirit turning a elemental into flesh, right? It could have been for lots of different reasons. For example side effect of the Elemental Prison. A "curse of flesh" type of thing from the Old Gods. You are inferring something that isn't stated.

    ya we’d already be in the life lands which makes a kind of sense when elune has so much stuff in the great dark and is apparently part of the pantheon of life.
    The Great Dark is the "physical universe". Of course there would be a lot of stuff related to the different cosmic forces because that is what all the cosmic forces are fighting over. Your logic indicates that it could just as easily be the Void realm because old gods are every where, right? Or the Light realm because Naaru are everywhere. Or any other realm because of the presence of beings of those forces.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Dancaris View Post
    All that stuff litterally calls for updating old world in future. Thay are even adding revenants, just from wc3!
    Not really because every expansion sees updates to old content when they share models for the newer content.
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

  16. #63016
    Merely a Setback Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Location
    Land of moose and goose.
    Posts
    25,456
    Quote Originally Posted by rhorle View Post
    Strange then that it doesn't state anything about spirit turning a elemental into flesh, right? It could have been for lots of different reasons. For example side effect of the Elemental Prison. A "curse of flesh" type of thing from the Old Gods. You are inferring something that isn't stated.
    I mean sure it could have been any number of reason but chronicles only lays out one that actual fits what they tell us about elements and spirit.

    that being, spirit causes the elements to calm or rage based on the amount of it, Azeroth’s world soul was eating most of it leading to no organic life as the elements raged to much, the titans brought the amount of spirit in line with what is normal for planets, after doing so the elements were calmed, the calmed elements turned to flesh.

    And then of course in the 2nd vol they tell us that draenor was so calm that they had a extreme amount of organic life of every type, again caused directly by sprit.


    The Great Dark is the "physical universe". Of course there would be a lot of stuff related to the different cosmic forces because that is what all the cosmic forces are fighting over. Your logic indicates that it could just as easily be the Void realm because old gods are every where, right? Or the Light realm because Naaru are everywhere. Or any other realm because of the presence of beings of those forces.
    the old gods are not the pantheon of the void neither are the Naaru the one of the light, the void/life pantheon have never actually been present in the great dark like how the pantheon of death is in the shadowlands.

    Elune on the other hand (and the titans) have been present in the great dark(shagging stags) and haven’t been limited to sending minions through various vails just like the winter queen and others are all present in the shadowlands and have shaped it in various ways.

    So no not quite the same as the void/light.
    All I ever wanted was the truth. Remember those words as you read the ones that follow. I never set out to topple my father's kingdom of lies from a sense of misplaced pride. I never wanted to bleed the species to its marrow, reaving half the galaxy clean of human life in this bitter crusade. I never desired any of this, though I know the reasons for which it must be done. But all I ever wanted was the truth.

  17. #63017
    Quote Originally Posted by Dancaris View Post
    Maybe in 1000th time in this thread, but that datamining hits dreams about world rewamp nerve really hard.
    New Fugborgs, gnolls, treants, ships, centaurs, stone giants, lightning lizards, mamoths, dragons (ofc), dryads even rumors about new throne room in Orgrimmar. All that stuff litterally calls for updating old world in future. Thay are even adding revenants, just from wc3!
    And for that - it will be WoW 10expansion, it call to do some big and meaty dlc.
    And 20 year anniversary, 30 for the franchise.

  18. #63018
    Pit Lord boyzma's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    In yer base, killing yer dudes
    Posts
    2,401
    Not to change the subject....but. Anyone else notice how the most optimistic bubbly poster on here just disappeared as soon as alpha dropped? Think his last post was something like "enjoy the alpha" and then totally gone. I think it's odd, perhaps he was a Blizzard plant, who knows?

  19. #63019
    I am Murloc! KOUNTERPARTS's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    ( ° ͜ʖ͡°)╭∩╮
    Posts
    5,833
    Finally the Infinite Dragonflight return in some capacity. Is that model just a random Infinite adult dragon or is that Murozond?

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by boyzma View Post
    Not to change the subject....but. Anyone else notice how the most optimistic bubbly poster on here just disappeared as soon as alpha dropped? Think his last post was something like "enjoy the alpha" and then totally gone. I think it's odd, perhaps he was a Blizzard plant, who knows?

    It was the same exact way leading up to the Dragonflight announcement. Same M.O.


    Everybody is privy to it… except that poster in question. Curious.

  20. #63020
    Void Lord Aeluron Lightsong's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    In some Sanctuaryesque place or a Haven
    Posts
    44,683
    I don't even know what to believe. I know Blizz would be self aware of MMO-Champion but enough to put a random user among us(How very sussy), I dunno feels too tinfoil.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

    Warrior-Magi

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •