1. #63421
    Void Lord Aeluron Lightsong's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    In some Sanctuaryesque place or a Haven
    Posts
    44,683
    From discussion about Gnolls to this.....


    *Rubs forehead* suspension of disbelief guys....
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

    Warrior-Magi

  2. #63422
    Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron Lightsong View Post
    From discussion about Gnolls to this.....


    *Rubs forehead* suspension of disbelief guys....
    don't worry. These are the type of vegans who wear shirts like "It's ok to kill humans to safe animals". (I sadly know such a vegan, there's a reason we're not friends anymore)

  3. #63423
    Quote Originally Posted by Le Conceptuel View Post
    Gnoll race when?

    Unironically, though, now I think of it that would make a fun racial trait.
    I wonder if it would be considered OP in some ways. I don't think the economy is balanced around being able to skin humanoids. Though it would definitely be an interesting trait.

    Really gnolls would make a fantastic double AR with Tuskarr when they inevitably get revealed to have been designed with player gear in mind.
    The world revamp dream will never die!

  4. #63424
    Quote Originally Posted by 8bithamster View Post
    don't worry. These are the type of vegans who wear shirts like "It's ok to kill humans to safe animals". (I sadly know such a vegan, there's a reason we're not friends anymore)
    Ok ? There are people who do/say/think stupid crazy shit everywhere.
    _____________________

    Homophobia is so gay.

  5. #63425
    Quote Originally Posted by Ilir View Post
    Hemet not giving us "kill X mobs" quests is sad. I loved them, easy exp, easy leather and just easy quest to do brainlessly.

    Also we've been genociding/mass killing throughout the whole WoW experience (and same thing in most mmo) but people act like "nesingwary was taking it too far"

    Lmao
    Probably going to be at least one of those quests. The theme of his new quests seem to be controlled hunting as opposed to hunting for sport, and an important part of that can absolutely be culling various wildlife if they grow out of control.
    The world revamp dream will never die!

  6. #63426
    Quote Originally Posted by Sondrelk View Post
    I wonder if it would be considered OP in some ways. I don't think the economy is balanced around being able to skin humanoids. Though it would definitely be an interesting trait.

    Really gnolls would make a fantastic double AR with Tuskarr when they inevitably get revealed to have been designed with player gear in mind.
    I suppose so, though I do wonder precisely how much the added surplus would distort the leather economy. How much does the scarcity of leather increase due to the smaller population of things that could be skinned?

    I suppose one interesting fix for this could be to make it so that they could only skin humanoids, but that would also be a little iffy—it could still be a bit problematic for the supply of leather, plus Blizzard would have to go through the trouble of giving all humanoids a leather drop, so I suppose it's much harder to execute than it is to imagine.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Sondrelk View Post
    Probably going to be at least one of those quests. The theme of his new quests seem to be controlled hunting as opposed to hunting for sport, and an important part of that can absolutely be culling various wildlife if they grow out of control.
    I agree. I very much like that they're portraying ethical hunting accurately.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Ilir View Post
    Ok ? There are people who do/say/think stupid crazy shit everywhere.
    Everything's a political issue now, sadly. It's got to be one way or the other for some people.

  7. #63427
    Quote Originally Posted by Cosmicpreds View Post
    Why are we upset that Hemit is just tryna lay back rn and vibe with the Animals and Landscapes? He's retired, let em explore and do nice old man stuff, the old badass deserves it.
    because everyone needs to find some inane political outrage about it. See the last few pages, it's absolutely pathetic really.. "OH NO! A bunch of pixels did something! THIS HAS TO BE POLITICAL!!!" etc etc

  8. #63428
    Quote Originally Posted by Le Conceptuel View Post
    ... pretty sure the first and last of those are absolutely unwilling to hunt and kill animals as they please unless they were doing it for conservationist purposes.
    Druids range from tree hugger to , wild beasts to pyromaniacs. Wouldnt put them all in one bag.

    Neither tauren who I think have two traveling with our dear hunter friend , or atleast were in the camp with him

  9. #63429
    Quote Originally Posted by ArenaDk View Post
    Druids range from tree hugger to , wild beasts to pyromaniacs. Wouldnt put them all in one bag.

    Neither tauren who I think have two traveling with our dear hunter friend , or atleast were in the camp with him
    Those are exceptions as opposed to the rule. The things you listed are outliers.

  10. #63430
    Elemental Lord Makabreska's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Streets Strange by Moonlight
    Posts
    8,675
    Quote Originally Posted by ArenaDk View Post
    Druids range from tree hugger to , wild beasts to pyromaniacs. Wouldnt put them all in one bag.

    Neither tauren who I think have two traveling with our dear hunter friend , or atleast were in the camp with him
    Druids of the Flame are a corrupted version. Wouldn't put them in the bag with others.
    Sometimes, the light of the moon is a key to other spaces. I've found a place where, for a night or two, the streets curve in unfamiliar ways. If I walk here, I might find insight, or I might be touched by madness.

  11. #63431
    Gnolls don't have female bodies (I think this is a reference to how hyenas are IRL?) but if Dracthyr are any indication, this doesn't really matter for the future. Drakonids too (the Drakonid with tits from Hearthstone didn't make it in, unless that model is still being worked on)

    Also, I still don't understand the Gnoll kids. Is there a group of friendly Gnolls I havent found in AS, or are we going to leave a bunch of orphans?

  12. #63432
    Pit Lord boyzma's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    In yer base, killing yer dudes
    Posts
    2,397
    I don't understand peoples mentalities when they compare pixel characters and what they do to real people. It's a friggin GAME for Christ sake. For one, hunting to provide food for your family, if you use all of the animal is fine. If you want to trap a lion (or any other animal) in an enclosed area where he can't escape then go kill it for no good reason other than you want his head...then fuck you. That's real life. If a pixel person asks you to go kill 10 random pixel critters is that okay? It's a game, yes, it's okay. If you say no, then maybe you should quit the game because all you do is kill. To progress you kill, to have fun, you kill...always killing. Separate reality from fantasy.

  13. #63433
    Also, I understand it makes sense for the story, but I'm surprised that the final boss of Vault of the Incarnates is just one of the Incarnates, aka a fancy Protodrake.

  14. #63434
    Quote Originally Posted by Cheezits View Post
    Also, I understand it makes sense for the story, but I'm surprised that the final boss of Vault of the Incarnates is just one of the Incarnates, aka a fancy Protodrake.
    What else though?
    MAGA - Make Alliance Great Again

  15. #63435
    The Lightbringer Lady Atia's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Join Date
    Nov 2015
    Location
    The Rumour Tower
    Posts
    3,541
    Quote Originally Posted by Cheezits View Post
    Also, I understand it makes sense for the story, but I'm surprised that the final boss of Vault of the Incarnates is just one of the Incarnates, aka a fancy Protodrake.
    I'm actually wondering where the other 3 Incarnates are? My initial guess was one could end up as a world boss, one for the campaign and one for a dungeon but I haven't found any info on them so far.

    #TEAMGIRAFFE

  16. #63436
    Quote Originally Posted by Cheezits View Post
    Also, I understand it makes sense for the story, but I'm surprised that the final boss of Vault of the Incarnates is just one of the Incarnates, aka a fancy Protodrake.
    What else would it be?

  17. #63437
    Quote Originally Posted by boyzma View Post
    I don't understand peoples mentalities when they compare pixel characters and what they do to real people. It's a friggin GAME for Christ sake. For one, hunting to provide food for your family, if you use all of the animal is fine. If you want to trap a lion (or any other animal) in an enclosed area where he can't escape then go kill it for no good reason other than you want his head...then fuck you. That's real life. If a pixel person asks you to go kill 10 random pixel critters is that okay? It's a game, yes, it's okay. If you say no, then maybe you should quit the game because all you do is kill. To progress you kill, to have fun, you kill...always killing. Separate reality from fantasy.
    That's a fair assessment. While I do understand the need to reflect current values, it's comical how much people are bursting into hysterics over being reminded of the fact there used to be big game hunting in WoW. Of course, I actually like the new direction, too, because it is a very good and realistic (if slightly exaggerated) representation of ethical hunting.

  18. #63438
    The Insane Raetary's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Location
    Base Camp
    Posts
    19,303
    Quote Originally Posted by Cheezits View Post
    Also, I understand it makes sense for the story, but I'm surprised that the final boss of Vault of the Incarnates is just one of the Incarnates, aka a fancy Protodrake.
    You are surprised that the final boss of a raid about fancy proto-drakes is a fancy proto-drake?


    Formerly known as Arafal

  19. #63439
    Quote Originally Posted by Arafal View Post
    You are surprised that the final boss of a raid about fancy proto-drakes is a fancy proto-drake?
    Admittedly, there could be more personality than the art we've seen, but agreed. Why would the boss of a fancy Proto-Drake raid not be a fancy Proto-Drake?

    Now, there are some things to be said about the first set of bosses being fancy proto-drakes to begin with, but it's not particularly surprising. It fits the theme well enough.
    Last edited by Le Conceptuel; 2022-07-18 at 03:27 PM.

  20. #63440
    Quote Originally Posted by Le Conceptuel View Post
    Admittedly, there could be more personality than the art we've seen, but agreed. Why would the boss of a fancy Proto-Drake raid not be a fancy Proto-Drake.
    Quote Originally Posted by Arafal View Post
    You are surprised that the final boss of a raid about fancy proto-drakes is a fancy proto-drake?
    Is there more than the lightning one in the raid? It looks a lot more like an elemental/shaman raid with a big proto-drake at the end.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Lady Atia View Post
    I'm actually wondering where the other 3 Incarnates are? My initial guess was one could end up as a world boss, one for the campaign and one for a dungeon but I haven't found any info on them so far.
    I'm pretty sure the stone one is a dungeon boss. The centaur dungeon maybe?

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •