Quote Originally Posted by Skildar View Post
    Every one has different a focus in the game. I'm personally fine with only 4 MM+ dungeons amongst the new 8
    Cringe! Next Expansion you would be fine with 2 Dungeons?…. pretty shocked!

Remember guys: Do not engage and just report.

Anyway:

I am a bit confused by the Evoker rotation. They have two filler spells and both of them don't really do... anything? Azure Strike seems to be an Ice Lance with no actual Fingers of Frost mechanic.

Quote Originally Posted by SovietBabeyyy View Post
    Cringe! Next Expansion you would be fine with 2 Dungeons?…. pretty shocked!
    Not what I said, there is no need to sound the alarm before anything happened and there is no need for childish behaviour as well...
    If you wish to make a projection, don't transform what I'm saying and just base your reflection on your facts and feelings after you've tried and played what they planned for dragonflight season 1. What you're doing is just toxic lack of trust.

What they did with Wrath of the Lich King release raids was mostly copy-pasting with very limited rework. That was a real shame and I'm glad they never tried it again. Here I'm expecting a lot more work to be put into the remake of MoP and WoD dungeons that will make the rotation into DF season 1.

I'll say this about tier. They need to either make tier sets after classes or make tier set after the raid theme. If they have to do both, then they need to interpret the raid theme way more broadly. Once again I see the armor and I cannot immediately tell which set belongs to which class.

Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    I'll say this about tier. They need to either make tier sets after classes or make tier set after the raid theme. If they have to do both, then they need to interpret the raid theme way more broadly. Once again I see the armor and I cannot immediately tell which set belongs to which class.
    It's likely they run out of ideas anyway just trying to push 12+ different sets altogether. Currents tiers have more color and texture than Cata/MoP sets.

We persistently got monk sets with balls all over for 2 expansions, for example.

Quote Originally Posted by Makorus View Post

Anyway:

I am a bit confused by the Evoker rotation. They have two filler spells and both of them don't really do... anything? Azure Strike seems to be an Ice Lance with no actual Fingers of Frost mechanic.
    What's to be confused there.

You have Azure Strikes which can hit up to 6 targets with talents, instant on the move and you have Living Flames which is a casted single target heavy nuke, which actually does pretty high damage with talents.

Both of them have chance to proc Essence Burst that stacks to 2 and allows you to cast a spender ability for free.

You will mainly use one or the other depending on spec/circumstance. If you go blue side, you will likely not use Living Flames, if you go red side - you will mostly use Living Flames.

----

The gameplay is pretty smooth either way and structured well.

Blue spec - you have a weak instant filler that cleaves and a strong spender/CDs and it's mostly ST/cleave oriented.
    Red spec - you have a strong casted ST filler and full AoE spender/CDs.

There is also potential mixed spec of mostly Red with some Blue. All of them play very smoothly.
    All my ignores are permanently filtered out and invisible to me. Responding to my posts with nonsense or insults is pointless, you're likely already invisible and if not - 3 clicks away. One ignore is much better than 3 pages of trolling.

Quote Originally Posted by Gaidax View Post
    What's to be confused there.

You have Azure Strikes which can hit up to 6 targets with talents, instant on the move and you have Living Flames which is a casted single target heavy nuke, which actually does pretty high damage with talents.

Both of them have chance to proc Essence Burst that stacks to 2 and allows you to cast a spender ability for free.

You will mainly use one or the other depending on spec/circumstance. If you go blue side, you will likely not use Living Flames, if you go red side - you will mostly use Living Flames.

----

Blue spec - you have a weak instant filler that cleaves and a strong spender/CDs and it's mostly ST/cleave oriented.

There is also potential mixed spec of mostly Red with some Blue. All of them play very smoothly.
    The more I see of evoker the further behind my Hunter is falling... Yikes I can't believe after 16 years I'll be moving on from Hunter!

The excitement is real!

I just wish Blizz gave us some form of Benchmark with a Character Creator like FFXIV does for every expansion.

Quote Originally Posted by Kiriastrasza View Post
    The more I see of evoker the further behind my Hunter is falling... Yikes I can't believe after 16 years I'll be moving on from Hunter!

The excitement is real!

I just wish Blizz gave us some form of Benchmark with a Character Creator like FFXIV does for every expansion.
    I imagine the folks at WoWhead are probably working on digging up model data and sorting it into their dressing room, probably have... not perfect, but adequate Dracthyr customization to try out in a week or so's time.

The excitement is real!.
    Yeah, the fact that you can essentially turn Preservation into a time-based healing spec pretty much signed the death warrant of my Shaman main.

Quote Originally Posted by Veluren View Post
    I imagine the folks at WoWhead are probably working on digging up model data and sorting it into their dressing room, probably have... not perfect, but adequate Dracthyr customization to try out in a week or so's time.
    Ohhh I hope so <3

Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    Yeah, the fact that you can essentially turn Preservation into a time-based healing spec pretty much signed the death warrant of my Shaman main.
    Just the sheer amount of customisation has signed my soul over to Dracthyr.

Stood in the Fire
    I'm just crossing my fingers that the shoulders from my visage transmog work with the body armor on Dracthyr and doesn't clash horribly -.o

Quote Originally Posted by Gaidax View Post

That's pretty clear so far. So what's the central class mechanic?

- - - Updated - - -

That's pretty much a standard with old races and classes.

1. New stuff comes and is better than old stuff.
    2. Old stuff is updated to be newer stuff.
    3. New stuff is now old stuff and needs to be updated.
    4. Repeat

Anyway:

Yeah, seems they're running a bit dry on the mechanical department.
    Hopefully those guys from Proletariat and the HotS team can help with that.
    This is a signature of an ailing giant, boundless in pride, wit and strength.
    Yet also as humble as health and humor permit.

Furthermore, I consider that Carthage Slam must be destroyed.

Fixed lock set, looks really good:

Sometimes, the light of the moon is a key to other spaces. I've found a place where, for a night or two, the streets curve in unfamiliar ways. If I walk here, I might find insight, or I might be touched by madness.

Priest, lock, DK and druid look good, but the rest... meh

Anyway:

The essence burst mechanic is the closest thing

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Valysar View Post
    Monk with the gold color instead of white

Anyway:

That's what i'd expect from a filler. The other spells get the spiffy mechanics, this is just what you do when you have nothing better available.

Frost Bolt isn't the most interesting thing to cast either. Ice Lance is not a filler.

Quote Originally Posted by huth View Post
    That's what i'd expect from a filler. The other spells get the spiffy mechanics, this is just what you do when you have nothing better available.

Frost Bolt isn't the most interesting thing to cast either. Ice Lance is not a filler.
    Except Frost Bolt has a purpose. Arcane Blast has a purpose. Fireball has a purpose.

Quote Originally Posted by Wangming View Post
    That's pretty clear so far. So what's the central class mechanic?

- - - Updated - - -

That's pretty much a standard with old races and classes.

1. New stuff comes and is better than old stuff.
    2. Old stuff is updated to be newer stuff.
    3. New stuff is now old stuff and needs to be updated.
    4. Repeat
    Not really with myself, Death knight, Monk and Demon Hunter I havent even touched never had an interest in them to begin with so always stuck with my Hunter.

Quote Originally Posted by Valysar View Post
    Warrior, shaman, and mage are also great.