Quote Originally Posted by Makorus View Post
    In ST, you can either cast it longer and reduce the cooldown on your big abilities, or cast it quicker without that benefit.
    Stop making sense

Quote Originally Posted by Nyel View Post
    I don't know how to explain it better, you both just seem to not understand the problem of Empower skills in single target scenarios. There they are significantly weaker than in AoE scenarios which is the problem.
    I mean, there are a lot of spells that are significantly weaker in ST compared to AOE.

From my limited messing with the trees
    Red build seems like more aoe
    Blue build is quicker and cleave with more procs
    Middle is big CD and using empowered buffs to our advantage while also making mastery more useful

tbh, I like the mastery.

There are enough execute mechanics in the game already anyway, so it's nice to have a reverse-execute. Plus, there's the fact that there's a lot of abilities that make it do full damage anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by JDBlou View Post
    Do we know what shows up on the Evoker from the tier sets in dracthyr form?
    We do not. All we know is that Zion said that they can “do more” than just shoulders and belts with Evoker-specific gear.

Only warriors should get execute mechanics

So when will this topic be replaced with 10.X Patches & 11.0 Speculation Thread?

Looking through all the creature models, there seems to be some issues with art style consistency.

Quote Originally Posted by MightyWarrior View Post
    We already have one and we're already dependent on it as it is. Too dependant on it if you ask me.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

Quote Originally Posted by MightyWarrior View Post
    This ship has sailed ages ago.
    Sometimes, the light of the moon is a key to other spaces. I've found a place where, for a night or two, the streets curve in unfamiliar ways. If I walk here, I might find insight, or I might be touched by madness.

Quote Originally Posted by KOUNTERPARTS View Post
    I see that Varx and TheFirstOnes have snuck in here from their account ban and account abandonment, respectively.
    If I knew my password, I would still have it lmaooo

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Tsamane View Post
    So when will this topic be replaced with 10.X Patches & 11.0 Speculation Thread?
    When 10.1 gets announced

Quote Originally Posted by Arafal View Post
    Looking through all the creature models, there seems to be some issues with art style consistency.
    I noticed some smoothness with some models that almost look disneyfied in a way. Especislly Nozdormu has this.

Its different to me.

Quote Originally Posted by Alanar View Post
    I noticed some smoothness with some models that almost look disneyfied in a way. Especislly Nozdormu has this.

Its different to me.
    I feel it's a logical conclusion of WoW wanting to stay stylized with its shaders and shapes instead of wanting to try to aim for realism. Eventually you do just drift towards cartoony or a cel-shaded-style look even if you don't really intend to. A lot of older models kinda glazed over that because they were so jagged and polygonal because of what they could work with at the time, but the smooth-overs were kinda inevitable.

I think player models are especially noticeable because of how the original models looked, trying to aim for realism on say, a human with their exaggerate proportions instead of leaning into cartoony would have look uncanny.
    Last edited by Veluren; 2022-07-17 at 03:20 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Veluren View Post
    I feel it's a logical conclusion of WoW wanting to stay stylized with its shaders and shapes instead of wanting to try to aim for realism. Eventually you do just drift towards cartoony or a cel-shaded-style look even if you don't really intend to. A lot of older models kinda glazed over that because they were so jagged and polygonal because of what was worked with, but the smooth-overs were kinda inevitable.
    I think the issue was very particular with the gnolls because we got TWO new models. And while one stays in the spirit of the gnoll being feral, the other very much escaped from some furry visual novel. And changing Hogger to look like a plushie is such a poor choice that makes you question art direction.

Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    I think the issue was very particular with the gnolls because we got TWO new models. And while one stays in the spirit of the gnoll being feral, the other very much escaped from some furry visual novel. And changing Hogger to look like a plushie is such a poor choice that makes you question art direction.
    Pretty sure the icons for gnolls always looked slightly psychotic and like they're about to bash your brains. The old ones from vanilla.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron Lightsong View Post
    Pretty sure the icons for gnolls always looked slightly psychotic and like they're about to bash your brains. The old ones from vanilla.
    Yup very much. It needs to look feral, almost rabid.

Yup very much. It needs to look feral, almost rabid.
    It's still there:

Sometimes, the light of the moon is a key to other spaces. I've found a place where, for a night or two, the streets curve in unfamiliar ways. If I walk here, I might find insight, or I might be touched by madness.

To be honest, the Dragonflight Gnoll model resembles artwork like from the Monster Guide or even concept art than the current ones does.

Honestly, they just need to give them more of a hunched back. Their posture is too good.
    Last edited by Makorus; 2022-07-17 at 03:35 PM.

At most there might be a weird miscommunication going on in the art team but I am ok with how stylized wow looks and prefer its style then Hearthstone or HOTS or whatever. Also Hogger again looks like he's about to lose his shit and crush my head in.

Warrior-Magi

That is really just hyperbole. The old model had a terrible smashed face. Is the new one different? Sure. But it is hardly terrible. At least they look like their own creature rather then a mini-tauren. Could they better reconcile the old vs new or finally give hogger a unique model because of his fame? Sure.
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."