7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Manu9 View Post
    Is it me or a lot of the weapons so far updated and a little changed older models?
    Well, they went for a very traditional fantasy leveling gear. Raid gear is a full on elemental themed. So I don't see it.
    Sometimes, the light of the moon is a key to other spaces. I've found a place where, for a night or two, the streets curve in unfamiliar ways. If I walk here, I might find insight, or I might be touched by madness.

Speculation time

We get brought to the dragon isles to help empower the aspects
    The item gets sent through time
    We kill 1 primalist
    The incarnates are released and we go underground to create a new way to imprison them and discover how deathwing fell along with wrathion having us look into his older brother.
    The chrome flight sends us on the big castle thing that serves as a way for us to locate the item and also have the new torghast style content and the raid where moruzond attempts to stop galakrond from being killed.
    We fight the fire/earth incarnates during this and they are helping the infinite. We defeat moruzond but he escapes and nozdormu falls trying to stop neltharion from accepting his aspect title thus interfering with his death. The side effects are galakrond is still dead but the new moruzond does something to him before leaving...and the next bronze aspect is named as chromie. We see many moments in history in the new system including Xal and nzoth before and after the raid including her grabbing the dagger now with Nzoth inside. ÷
    After gaining the item needed to empower the aspects there is a struggle over who shall take up the mantle of the earth warder and its revealed seballion has been working with the primalists. The ice and storm incarnates launch an attack on the nexus to get the body of chromatus and use it to channel a part of Deathwing's soul into the new body. Ebonhorn is named the new black aspect and preparations are being made but now there's discussion about creating more aspects and elevating other flights
    We must find a way to get Elune to allow the celestial event required for empowering aspects
    The moment the event begins there's suddenly a rumble from northrend and the body of galakrond begins to stir. Moruzond placed an infinite hourglass in his stomach before he left and Galakrond's soul is now returned to his body and using the powers of the life pantheon has regained his powers. The newly empowered aspects are weaker than before as they were empowered by Azeroth instead of the pantheon must now rally allies to fight Galakrond and his allies.
    Xal returns seemingly helping us but in reality just wants to drain galakrond of his energy.
    The storm drakes and stone drakes are elevated to true dragons with the storm mother and stone father becoming their aspects.
    Chromie is now stronger than nozdormu
    Ebonhorn is the new earthwarder but Wrathion became an aspect of purification representing the Titan's power.
    Valythria has gained the ability to bring the dream over to our world
    Galakrond and his forces invade zones.
    The final raid begins inside galakrond but ends with us facing off against a "visage" form of him

Quote Originally Posted by Lady Atia View Post
    I told you not to play with the void! >_<
    I finally got it working, I am purely of the red flight,

Edit,

May change horn jewellery colour at some point its still pretty buggy.

Mine will be bronze (Time healing!) but I am still not sure on what armor color to best fit with it.

Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    Mine will be bronze (Time healing!) but I am still not sure on what armor color to best fit with it.
    Yeah, I may play around abit more, but as a warning not all the options for Dracthyr are in the dressing room right now, I'm too excited for this Race/Class.

7+ Year Old Account
    Probably gonna stick with this:

+ Traditional chestpiece, but that option is bugged atm and clipping throught the body.

Formerly known as Arafal

As I said in the other thread, as logical as this sounds from a lore perspective, I have a very hard time imagining how Dragonriding (the feature of the expansion) would work in underground caves as - even if they're enormous - will not be as big as overworld zones or places. So restricting your new feature in favor of an underground zone seems like a step back in their design philosophy.
    MAGA - Make Alliance Great Again

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nyel View Post
    As I said in the other thread, as logical as this sounds from a lore perspective, I have a very hard time imagining how Dragonriding (the feature of the expansion) would work in underground caves as - even if they're enormous - will not be as big as overworld zones or places. So restricting your new feature in favor of an underground zone seems like a step back in their design philosophy.
    Ever seen Deepholm?

7+ Year Old Account
    The only difference between an underground and overworld zone is that the sky limit will be bigger in one than the other.
    Which, with Dragonriding, is completely irrelevant as Dragonriding will not get you that high to beginn with.

There will be no difference in how it works.

Formerly known as Arafal

So long as the underground areas are not too restrictive I somehow I would imagine Dragonriding is more exhilarating. The races would likely be even more challenging as you might have several narrow passages, and the ability to hit the ceiling and not just the ground.
    The world revamp dream will never die!

Quote Originally Posted by Gaidax View Post
    Ever seen Deepholm?
    Yes, I even mentioned Deepholm in my other comment, it's the same problem though. Deepholme is a generic underground zone. But they explicitly said that the Dragon Isles are far bigger and open than previous zones to allow Dragonriding.

So an underground cave would need to be MASSIVE to make that work, it would need to be very vertical to play to the strenghts of Dragonriding and while not impossible it just seems weird to introduce an underground zone in an expansion that's dedicated to huge open zones. It's just against the entire design philosophy of Dragonflight. An underground zone would have made sense in every other expansion, in Dragonflight it just seems counterproductive.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Arafal View Post
    There will be no difference in how it works.
    Uhm yes there will, alone by the limitating factor of the ceiling in an underground zone.
    MAGA - Make Alliance Great Again

Uhm yes there will, alone by the limitating factor of the ceiling in an underground zone.
    You mean as opposed to the surface zones with their infinite flight height? Oh, wait.

There really is no mechanical difference. Besides, making that zone really isn't the problem - Deepholme mostly had Blizzard's aversion to making "empty" space work against it. Something they deliberately are including this time.

7+ Year Old Account
    There absolutely will not.

An underground zone with the same size and verticality as the other DF zones will have no functional difference for Dragonriding.

You could reduce the current sky ceiling for the overworld zones and nothing would change for them either.

Formerly known as Arafal

Yes, I even mentioned Deepholm in my other comment, it's the same problem though. Deepholme is a generic underground zone. But they explicitly said that the Dragon Isles are far bigger and open than previous zones to allow Dragonriding.

So an underground cave would need to be MASSIVE to make that work, it would need to be very vertical to play to the strenghts of Dragonriding and while not impossible it just seems weird to introduce an underground zone in an expansion that's dedicated to huge open zones. It's just against the entire design philosophy of Dragonflight. An underground zone would have made sense in every other expansion, in Dragonflight it just seems counterproductive.
    Why is it being an underground zone making it impossible for the zone to be large enoug hto accomodate Dragonriding? Just make the caverns large enough that you can place whatever vertical features and obstacles into it and you are golden? Deepholme isnt even really an underground zone, just a bowl shaped zone with a skybox that completes the illusion, and the background of Azjol'nerub shows that caves on Azeroth can be absolutely massive.

The Dragon Isles even have several cliffs, arches, and even zome larger caves if you look at the northern zone. Just combine all of that and place an impassable wall a bit higher up and you have a perfectly fitting underground area. I mean honestly, just imagine Deepholm with the ability to move up the middle tower, and several features more fit for Dragonriding along the perimeter and you have a zone that would work perfectly for Dragonriding.

7+ Year Old Account
    https://twitter.com/Stiven_SRB/statu...DLp0Y3jlQ&s=19

The 5th Dragonriding mount looks fantastic.

Formerly known as Arafal

7+ Year Old Account

Wait what?? We are getting a fifth mount?

- - - Updated - - -

If so that's huge news, no clue why wowhead isn't even reporting on that lol.

#TEAMGIRAFFE

7+ Year Old Account
    Why do you enter #doubt and obtuse/unreasonable pessimism mode each time Dragonrising is involved? You dismiss Deepholme, but it is literally a living proof of you being wrong. Stop finding issues for DR, please.
    Last edited by Makabreska; 2022-07-24 at 02:44 PM.
    Sometimes, the light of the moon is a key to other spaces. I've found a place where, for a night or two, the streets curve in unfamiliar ways. If I walk here, I might find insight, or I might be touched by madness.

Oh that looks really good.

Quote Originally Posted by Lady Atia View Post
    Wait what?? We are getting a fifth mount?

- - - Updated - - -

If so that's huge news, no clue why wowhead isn't even reporting on that lol.
    I would guess it's because noone really knows how exactly the Dragonriding mounts will actually function. Sometimes it seems like they are four different mounts (now five), sometimes it sounds like it's one mount with four/five different main variants available for customization. Not to mention that the initial version we were pitched seemed to hint at the different dragons having different strengths and special moves of some kind, whereas we currently don't even know what Dragonriding will be like outside the very first version we get while levelling.