1. #64621
    Scarab Lord TriHard's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    FF14 > WoW. Not an opinion, that's facts.
    Posts
    4,344
    Quote Originally Posted by huth View Post
    Those are Classes, not Races.
    Dracthyr is a class and race in one so it's relevant.

  2. #64622
    Quote Originally Posted by Lady Atia View Post
    What's your problem? I never yelled, and I'm not the only one who thinks it's bullshit to think "blizzard deleted the mount kekW why you believe in datamining". So stop the personal attack.

    (Edit: Also if you would read what I said you would know that my standpoint is that Blizzard won't scrapp an already finished mount that's in the database and already has as much customization options as all other 4 dragonriding mounts, and that said serpent was always expected to be either from endgame or patch content. I didn't say that all mounts (or tints) that get datamined are 100% coming. Learn the difference <3)

    - - - Updated - - -



    No need for a "warning" hun, especially as our conversation had nothing to do with the other topic.
    You were attacking people for saying that stuff in data mining changes. Screeching that it would be a mount because you say so..

  3. #64623
    Quote Originally Posted by TriHard View Post
    Dracthyr is a class and race in one so it's relevant.
    only until they give them more classes

  4. #64624
    So with no cost barbershops, what's the chance for a new gold sink mount that includes a barber?

  5. #64625
    The Lightbringer Lady Atia's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Join Date
    Nov 2015
    Location
    The Rumour Tower
    Posts
    3,409
    Quote Originally Posted by 8bithamster View Post
    You were attacking people for saying that stuff in data mining changes. Screeching that it would be a mount because you say so..
    ? I never said that stuff in data mining won't change lol. And it will be a mount because Blizzard has already finished it including the same amount of customization options as all the other dragonriding mounts (which you prolly didn't see because no one was previewing them, but they are in the data) aswell as animations. The stuff that got removed from it wasn't even something a mount would have in the first place (the sitting animation f.e.) or something that may be problematic due to motion sickness.

    You are welcome to bash me if 11.0 hits and we never got the serpent drake though. Feel free to do so <3

    (btw it's interesting how you say that I was "attacking people" but now you say I'm screeching. You must be fun at parties haha)

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    So with no cost barbershops, what's the chance for a new gold sink mount that includes a barber?
    I would love a Hippo with a Barber on it's back. The Dragon Isles are home to wild hippos but sadly so far we didn't get any of them as a mount.

    - - - Updated - - -

    There is a side quest about a Dragonmaw Orc on the Alpha:
    https://www.wowhead.com/news/side-qu...-legacy-328086

    Interesting enough, it seems like they use the WoD blackrock skin for him?



    https://www.wowhead.com/beta/npc=194800/duroz
    Last edited by Lady Atia; 2022-08-01 at 07:00 AM.

    #TEAMGIRAFFE

  6. #64626
    Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Join Date
    May 2016
    Location
    Poland
    Posts
    8,098
    Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    So with no cost barbershops, what's the chance for a new gold sink mount that includes a barber?
    I don't get what one has to do with another. But game really needs good gold sink. EU token during BfA was around 160k, now we are back to Legion levels.

    Imo for start they could put older or removed store/RAF mounts in vendor for 500k gold each.

  7. #64627
    Quote Originally Posted by Dracullus View Post
    I don't get what one has to do with another. But game really needs good gold sink. EU token during BfA was around 160k, now we are back to Legion levels.

    Imo for start they could put older or removed store/RAF mounts in vendor for 500k gold each.
    Most gold sink mounts are tied to important services. The Traveller's Tundra Mammoth gave people on demand repairs. The Yak gave everyone access to transmog. The Brutosaur gave us a mobile AH. What we are left with is a bank (you can access your bank with a CD in some ways already but not on demand) and the barbershop. Since they are making the barbershop much easier to use by removing the cost (and seemingly increasing customization) and since it would have a lesser effect than mobile bank access, it would make sense as the next mounted service?

  8. #64628
    Quote Originally Posted by Lady Atia View Post

    There is a side quest about a Dragonmaw Orc on the Alpha:
    https://www.wowhead.com/news/side-qu...-legacy-328086

    Interesting enough, it seems like they use the WoD blackrock skin for him?



    https://www.wowhead.com/beta/npc=194800/duroz
    I actually got to talk with one of the blizz employees in one of my guilds that worked on this guy and chain, they said he has the regular orc model/skeleton with some of the options from the cataclysm-era Dragomaw orcs because they were worried about making people angry if he was a Mag'har Dragonmaw when players don't have any of those options.

    (They also lamented that WoWhead found it while it was first draft so we might see a bit of reorienting and rewriting)
    Last edited by Veluren; 2022-08-01 at 07:43 AM.

  9. #64629
    The Lightbringer Lady Atia's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Join Date
    Nov 2015
    Location
    The Rumour Tower
    Posts
    3,409
    Quote Originally Posted by Veluren View Post
    I actually got to talk with one of the blizz employees in one of my guilds that worked on this guy and chain, they said he has the regular orc model/skeleton with some of the options from the cataclysm-era Dragomaw orcs because they were worried about making people angry if he was a Mag'har Dragonmaw when players don't have any of those options.

    (They also lamented that WoWhead found it while it was first draft so we might see a bit of reorienting and rewriting)
    Good to know - well the easiest solution to the whole problem would be to give players the dragonmaw options (either via regular or Maghar Orcs). I actually liked the writing of the questchain so far, it's quite touching so I hope they won't really change it tbh.

    #TEAMGIRAFFE

  10. #64630
    Quote Originally Posted by Lady Atia View Post
    ? I never said that stuff in data mining won't change lol. And it will be a mount because Blizzard has already finished it including the same amount of customization options as all the other dragonriding mounts (which you prolly didn't see because no one was previewing them, but they are in the data) aswell as animations. The stuff that got removed from it wasn't even something a mount would have in the first place (the sitting animation f.e.) or something that may be problematic due to motion sickness.

    You are welcome to bash me if 11.0 hits and we never got the serpent drake though. Feel free to do so <3

    (btw it's interesting how you say that I was "attacking people" but now you say I'm screeching. You must be fun at parties haha)

    - - - Updated - - -



    I would love a Hippo with a Barber on it's back. The Dragon Isles are home to wild hippos but sadly so far we didn't get any of them as a mount.

    - - - Updated - - -

    There is a side quest about a Dragonmaw Orc on the Alpha:
    https://www.wowhead.com/news/side-qu...-legacy-328086

    Interesting enough, it seems like they use the WoD blackrock skin for him?



    https://www.wowhead.com/beta/npc=194800/duroz
    Dragonmaw got Blackrock like gray skin in Cataclysm with unique tattoos in Cataclysm, but that was replaced but regular Blackrock gray skin and glowing eyes in WoD model update when they didn't update the unique Dragonmaw NPC skins.

  11. #64631
    Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    Most gold sink mounts are tied to important services. The Traveller's Tundra Mammoth gave people on demand repairs. The Yak gave everyone access to transmog. The Brutosaur gave us a mobile AH. What we are left with is a bank (you can access your bank with a CD in some ways already but not on demand) and the barbershop. Since they are making the barbershop much easier to use by removing the cost (and seemingly increasing customization) and since it would have a lesser effect than mobile bank access, it would make sense as the next mounted service?
    The yak actually gave reforging. It was only once that mechanic was removed that Blizzard changed it to transmog.

    Regardless, a barbershop seems fitting. A bank would likely be too powerful as it essentially means you have several times the effective bag space.
    A barbershop seems like it would hit that sweet spot where it is useful, but not so much it ruins the intended experience like what the Brutosaur kinda does.
    The world revamp dream will never die!

  12. #64632
    Quote Originally Posted by Xilurm View Post
    These are so tiny.
    Really can't fit more in Arathi Highlands without rebuilding the map itself.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Veluren View Post
    I actually got to talk with one of the blizz employees in one of my guilds that worked on this guy and chain, they said he has the regular orc model/skeleton with some of the options from the cataclysm-era Dragomaw orcs because they were worried about making people angry if he was a Mag'har Dragonmaw when players don't have any of those options.

    (They also lamented that WoWhead found it while it was first draft so we might see a bit of reorienting and rewriting)
    Eh? The regular orc skeleton and the Mag'har skeleton are the same though?

  13. #64633
    Quote Originally Posted by Segus1992 View Post
    Really can't fit more in Arathi Highlands without rebuilding the map itself.



    Eh? The regular orc skeleton and the Mag'har skeleton are the same though?
    Different models according to them, I assume that's some more technical stuff that goes over my head because it also made me raise an eyebrow.

  14. #64634
    Quote Originally Posted by Sondrelk View Post
    The yak actually gave reforging. It was only once that mechanic was removed that Blizzard changed it to transmog.

    Regardless, a barbershop seems fitting. A bank would likely be too powerful as it essentially means you have several times the effective bag space.
    A barbershop seems like it would hit that sweet spot where it is useful, but not so much it ruins the intended experience like what the Brutosaur kinda does.
    Don't think people use the barbershop often enough for it to be worth buying a barbershop mount.

    Transmog (and reforging) are both things that are done often and are convenient to do out in the field--any time you get a new piece of gear from a dungeon or a raid, or even a quest if you're that kind of person, potentially your whole outfit looks awkward until you can access transmog and fix it. Previously, gear that was only a slight upgrade, or that messed with breakpoints, would need to be reforged before you could really use it.

    So for both these things, having access to the service out in the field in the moment where you need it is useful. Vendoring and the AH are the same.

    But the barbershop is not like any of these things. You have all the possible options immediately (short of individual circumstances like Night Warrior or Undead Elves). There's no point out in the field where you suddenly need to adjust your hair color, and you don't finish a dungeon and suddenly need to change to a new Draenei tail length. People often go very long periods of time between using the barbershop if they're happy with their setup, and since it's not tied to new additions or having to redo it (like xmog) there's no need to actively maintain it.

    You'd get more use out of a mail mount. Or maybe a particularly hard to get summon mount that acts as a mobile meeting stone but requires one other person to click start the portal and two people to channel it. With the profession updates, a mobile profession station for a single profession would also be very nice, though it would potentially degrade the world feel they're going for.

  15. #64635
    Quote Originally Posted by Lady Atia View Post
    ? I never said that stuff in data mining won't change lol. And it will be a mount because Blizzard has already finished it including the same amount of customization options as all the other dragonriding mounts (which you prolly didn't see because no one was previewing them, but they are in the data) aswell as animations. The stuff that got removed from it wasn't even something a mount would have in the first place (the sitting animation f.e.) or something that may be problematic due to motion sickness.

    You are welcome to bash me if 11.0 hits and we never got the serpent drake though. Feel free to do so <3

    (btw it's interesting how you say that I was "attacking people" but now you say I'm screeching. You must be fun at parties haha)

    - - - Updated - - -



    I would love a Hippo with a Barber on it's back. The Dragon Isles are home to wild hippos but sadly so far we didn't get any of them as a mount.

    - - - Updated - - -

    There is a side quest about a Dragonmaw Orc on the Alpha:
    https://www.wowhead.com/news/side-qu...-legacy-328086

    Interesting enough, it seems like they use the WoD blackrock skin for him?



    https://www.wowhead.com/beta/npc=194800/duroz
    1.) So you are saying that anything ever datamined always got used. There is no exception ever?
    2.) Datamine=/= it will be used

    Something something temper your expectations.

    My original point was that people who blindly follow datamining and then blame blizzard when datamining led them down the wrong expectations are purely themselves to blame. You are a prime example of this.


    Expect nothing, and you won't be dissapointed, especially with datamining.

    As for a barber mount, why would we need one?

    Mammoth -> Repair + Vendor -> Things that are used commonly
    Yak -> Transmog + Vendor -> Things that are used commonly, especially when changing gear within raids
    Dino -> AH + Vendor -> See Yak, same reasoning

    Barber? I really don't know anyone who changes at the barber that often that a barber mount is needed. And since we didn't get a new "convenience" mount in SL, I don't expect one at least at the start of BF. I feel they will fully go all in on the dragonriding mounts, and maybe later down the line (in a X.1/X.2 patch) add other mounts like a new vendor/whatever mount

  16. #64636
    Quote Originally Posted by Veluren View Post
    Different models according to them, I assume that's some more technical stuff that goes over my head because it also made me raise an eyebrow.
    Mag'har and regular Orcs have different jewelry and hairstyle options. Jewelry and hair are based on the model mesh, hence Mag'har and regular Orcs have different models.

    Cataclysm era Dragonmaw/Blackrock NPC skins exists on regular orc model, much like pre-BFA Dark Iron NPC skins exists on regular dwarf model, and not on Dark Iron Dwarf model.

  17. #64637
    Quote Originally Posted by Hitei View Post
    Don't think people use the barbershop often enough for it to be worth buying a barbershop mount.

    Transmog (and reforging) are both things that are done often and are convenient to do out in the field--any time you get a new piece of gear from a dungeon or a raid, or even a quest if you're that kind of person, potentially your whole outfit looks awkward until you can access transmog and fix it. Previously, gear that was only a slight upgrade, or that messed with breakpoints, would need to be reforged before you could really use it.

    So for both these things, having access to the service out in the field in the moment where you need it is useful. Vendoring and the AH are the same.

    But the barbershop is not like any of these things. You have all the possible options immediately (short of individual circumstances like Night Warrior or Undead Elves). There's no point out in the field where you suddenly need to adjust your hair color, and you don't finish a dungeon and suddenly need to change to a new Draenei tail length. People often go very long periods of time between using the barbershop if they're happy with their setup, and since it's not tied to new additions or having to redo it (like xmog) there's no need to actively maintain it.

    You'd get more use out of a mail mount. Or maybe a particularly hard to get summon mount that acts as a mobile meeting stone but requires one other person to click start the portal and two people to channel it. With the profession updates, a mobile profession station for a single profession would also be very nice, though it would potentially degrade the world feel they're going for.
    You don't need the barbershop all the time, but simultaneously you cannot make the mount too good, otherwise you just end up with the Brutosaur complaints of giving an actual tangible gameplay benefit locked behind a massive goldsink, which creates issues when considering the gold token.

    The barbershop is not really needed, but at the same time it is a neat benefit you can gain, and one that players will want when offered.
    The world revamp dream will never die!

  18. #64638
    What do you guys think the chances are that the warrior talent tree is revealed tomorrow?

  19. #64639
    Quote Originally Posted by MightyWarrior View Post
    What do you guys think the chances are that the warrior talent tree is revealed tomorrow?
    Very high, i was surprised they added paladin before warrior tbh. Mage was a shoe-in

  20. #64640
    The Insane Raetary's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Location
    Base Camp
    Posts
    19,122
    Quote Originally Posted by matheney2k View Post
    Dracthyr is the race.
    Evoker is the class.
    Yes, they gave them 2 names because they have to for technical purposes.

    Design-wise they are one and the same thing, to the extent that the evoker talent tree even has skills that enhance their racials.
    They even introduced them as "a race that's also a class" in the expansion previews.


    Formerly known as Arafal

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •