Quote Originally Posted by Khaza-R View Post
    Only issue I see with Teldrassil 2.0 is that the original was essentially a mutant that only grew to such extreme sizes because it wasn't blessed by the Aspects. If the new one is properly blessed then it would be more similar to the size of the other world trees and not capable of housing an entire zone.

Unless being juiced up by Night Elf souls and the Winter Queen's power makes it some crazy megazord tree.
    Time magic + Ardenweald magic + Elune magic = lol @ logic

The tree will be ready the moment Blizzard decides to have racial cities again.

Quote Originally Posted by Cheezits View Post
    They can make a new tree in this expansion, the Night Elves just won't start there until 11.0 (or they get rid of racial starting zones entirely and it's exiles reach for everyone)

Racial cities aren't pointless now (see Lordaeron) but they definitely don't have to follow the old rules.
    That's a fair point I hadn't considered. I just assumed it would be ready to go right away but they could hold off until then.

5+ Year Old Account
    nEw bUiLD tOdAy?

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Khaza-R View Post
    Only issue I see with Teldrassil 2.0 is that the original was essentially a mutant that only grew to such extreme sizes because it wasn't blessed by the Aspects. If the new one is properly blessed then it would be more similar to the size of the other world trees and not capable of housing an entire zone.

Unless being juiced up by Night Elf souls and the Winter Queen's power makes it some crazy megazord tree.
    Teldrassil was blessed by the Aspects, and it was blessed when it was already grown.
    Same with Nordrassil.

The blessings have nothing to do with the size, Fandral and co. just grew a really big tree.

Formerly known as Arafal

7+ Year Old Account
    No dungeon last week, so hoping for 1-2 today. Also, new zone. Also locks (most likely). Also, they said they are working on fixing priests, so new talents when???
    Sometimes, the light of the moon is a key to other spaces. I've found a place where, for a night or two, the streets curve in unfamiliar ways. If I walk here, I might find insight, or I might be touched by madness.

10+ Year Old Account
    The tree will be ready the moment Blizzard decides to have racial cities again.
    Unless a major shift in their modern game philosophy happens, this will probably never be the case.

There's not really any sense in not just planting the tree in the island that Teldrassil grew up from.
    It's a giant burned husk, burnt dead plant matter makes good soil. It also plays into the theme of "renewal".

Quote Originally Posted by Feali View Post
    Unless a major shift in their modern game philosophy happens, this will probably never be the case.
    The art is building up for it, unless we are having new cities in the next continent.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Makabreska View Post
    No dungeon last week, so hoping for 1-2 today. Also, new zone. Also locks (most likely). Also, they said they are working on fixing priests, so new talents when???
    It'll be interesting to see if we might see some Druid changes as well as their dedicated talent tree dev is taking a break from Blizzard.

- - - Updated - - -

The art is building up for it, unless we are having new cities in the next continent.
    But what would be the point? It's pretty clear they don't want to split up the player base into multiple cities. And aside from the visuals, there is no point in being there when there is a central hub.
    They need to build a major plot line behind those which is not worth the development time.

I think the Ysera quest is bait and her rez fails/its about Merithra and the fans having to accept that she can't come back. The encrypted area is patch bait but because it's so close to the Nelf stuff people are assuming it's a tree instead of just an island that rises up or is hidden.

It definitely could be a new Nelf city ala XIV cities spread around but I doubt it. It raises dangerous precedent (Ghostlands and Azuremyst getting updated but not brought into the new world)

That being said... the Underground "Zone" could just be a mega dungeon, meaning the island could be a lot of different things.
    I have yet to see Blizzard succesfully write a not obvious bait & switch. I think we should just take it for what it seems.

Quote Originally Posted by Worldshaper View Post
    Google Nordrassil. They could definitely have tree huts on the branches, or a settlement around its roots. Besides, Blizzard can redesign the tree to fit their current lore if need be, so it looks more like Teldrassil does in concept art.
    I don't need to google it. I saw the tree first-hand. It isn't suitable in the way Teldrassil is at all.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by enigma77 View Post
    nEw bUiLD tOdAy?
    Every time you ask it gets delayed.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by huth View Post
    I don't need to google it. I saw the tree first-hand. It isn't suitable in the way Teldrassil is at all.

- - - Updated - - -

Every time you ask it gets delayed.
    oh snap!

/10snaps

Blizzard will not develop a city without gameplay function for it.

Stormwind and Orgrimmar are the faction capitals so they get updates occasionally.

Expansion hubs are, well, expansion hubs so they get made.

Unless Neo Darnassus somehow ends as the expansion hub for an expansion, it is not happening.

Quote Originally Posted by Lahis View Post
    Blizzard will not develop a city without gameplay function for it.

Stormwind and Orgrimmar are the faction capitals so they get updates occasionally.

Expansion hubs are, well, expansion hubs so they get made.

Unless Neo Darnassus somehow ends as the expansion hub for an expansion, it is not happening.
    "Neo Darnassus" could also be patch content reminiscent of Suramar. It being more like a quest zone than a capital.
    But for rp and story purpose it is a new faction capital (just like Suramar being the Nightborns capital)

They're not going to leave Night Elves and Forsaken without a capital city.

5+ Year Old Account
    where build build build build build build

sad orcy if no locky talents

"Cities need a gameplay function" is a bizarre argument, because clearly an expansion that takes place on EK/Kalimdor would have new quests and gameplay associated with said cities. This is just another "THEY WONT DO CATA AGAIN!!!!" fight that goes back and forth pointlessly.

I'll just keep taking a look at all the Alliance/Horde assets they are updating and the giant walls/buildings they are putting in the files. I really doubt its just housing and I also doubt they are going to make a new continent with giant Alliance/Horde bases.

Quote Originally Posted by Xilurm View Post
    Having a capital is a minority thing these days.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Xilurm View Post
    I don't think Blizz wants to spent time and resources. Non-faction capitals are kinda obsolete and dead, having their time to shine only when they are raided and destroyed.
    Last edited by Makabreska; 2022-08-09 at 04:39 PM.
    Sometimes, the light of the moon is a key to other spaces. I've found a place where, for a night or two, the streets curve in unfamiliar ways. If I walk here, I might find insight, or I might be touched by madness.

Something I just realized: if there is a timeskip in prepatch, and one of the events is Tirisfal Glades, it will be curious to see if they bother doing anything to show that time has passed in that zone.

They mentioned there would be some changes to the Forsaken area, but this could've just been the 9.2.5 changes. Still...