Quote Originally Posted by Nebron View Post
    Ehm, yes... they clearly made a completely brand new model with dragonriding animations with idea of never putting it live in the first place.
    I can see you are trying to show off your sharp logic here - the thing is, anything that has not found it's place in released alpha builds should be considered a "mental image" then, since we have 0 clue whether it was ever intended to go live. But it's not how it works.
    That's exactly how it works. Blizzard has scrapped bigger things than that before. Until they actually release it to live or make an announcement, there's no "huge confidence".

Quote Originally Posted by huth View Post
    That's exactly how it works. Blizzard has scrapped bigger things than that before. Until they actually release it to live or make an announcement, there's no "huge confidence".
    Let me guess, you are also one of these people who were adamant that the Dragonflight site and Alextrasza artwork were red flags from Blizzard to hide their actual expansion, right? They have scrapped unfinished things at an early stage before - the mount is finished and just may need some animation reworks because of motion sickness issues. Either that or they just try to hide it again because it was supposed to be a surprise (we already know they also fucked up with the underground 10.1 map because they actually did hide all dev maps with the latest builds).
    Last edited by Lady Atia; 2022-07-30 at 02:56 PM.

"It was in the Alpha so it will be added!" is just as an idiotic stance as "They put fake stuff in the Alpha for marketing/to trick people!"

Quote Originally Posted by klaps_05 View Post
    That dragon is probably for the Year of the Dragon 6 month sub.
    2023 is year of the rabbit.

While it is awesome that we will finally get the bunny mount, the serpent dragon will have nothing to do with the Chinese new year event.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by infinitemeridian View Post
    I hope the customization for the drakes gets a lot cooler than what has been previewed, which is pretty basic. Like, where are the protodrake skins that look like this?

Those are primalists, the elemental dragons that are our enemy here.

We will ride only Aspect-aligned dragons.

Quote Originally Posted by Lahis View Post
    In World of Warcraft? The chance of us killing something then riding it's offspring or clone is near 100%

So were the Kor'kron, Twillights, Gronn, Iron Horde, Scourge, Legion, etc.

Yet we have mounts of all of those groups to run around on.

Quote Originally Posted by Gifdwarf View Post
    In World of Warcraft? The chance of us killing something then riding it's offspring or clone is near 100%
    Yeah, to quote Ion:

If anything, you know with tons of new creatures and a huge new bestiary to encounter, you can rest assured that basically anything with four legs, two legs, or any number of legs, odds are that we're going to make it into a mount at some point, because we know that's what you want.

Quote Originally Posted by Lady Atia View Post
    Yeah, to quote Ion:
    Centaur Mount confirmed

We already know Gladiator will offer both a mount and dragonriding skins. You think Mythic raids will not do the same? I expect an infinite skin from Murozond and primal skins from Razsageth and the others.

2023 is year of the rabbit.

While it is awesome that we will finally get the bunny mount, the serpent dragon will have nothing to do with the Chinese new year event.

- - - Updated - - -

???

I don't think the alignment matters for a mount skin lmao. We literally have an Ur'zul as a mount which is the twisted souls and bodies of the army we are fighting for lmao.

Yeah I know, but it would be missed opportunity to not give us these skins as mounts. Raszageth f.e. could drop a smaller version of herself on Mythic. Also I actually would prefer them to be seperate from the "classic" renewed proto drake mount.
    It would be nice as we defeat certain enemies we can give their unique powers to our dragons , yes.

But regular dragons with infinite variety > weird dragon shaped elementals, imo
    Romance doesnt detract from a story. Its a Genre, like horror or comedy or adventure. The game was ruined when we got Horror in drustvar or nazmir. It wasnt ruined when we had funny quests. So if you think a little man on man love ruins the game, then yes you are either a homophobe or just a spoil sport that goes "ewww kissing is yucky" like a baby. Furthermore, if a character has never expressed interest in any gender, then its not proof they are straight. straight people are not the default

Quote Originally Posted by tristannarutofan View Post
    It would be nice as we defeat certain enemies we can give their unique powers to our dragons , yes.

But regular dragons with infinite variety > weird dragon shaped elementals, imo
    Earth primalist protodrake with the infinite Dragonflight monochromatic coloration. Now that would certainly be an appearance worthy several Mythic only mounts.
    The world revamp dream will never die!

Instead of nerfing Soar, why don't they just allow dragonriding in old zones and then everyone is happy.

A solution to a nerf which I don't think anyone asked for ^

Quote Originally Posted by MightyWarrior View Post
    Instead of nerfing Soar, why don't they just allow dragonriding in old zones and then everyone is happy.

Because they want to pretend that Dragonriding totally won't be expanded over the rest of Azeroth by 10.2.

Alternatively, make soar work exactly like dragon riding, incl. no CD, Vigor and only in DI. For the best of both worlds, add a second soar that works exactly like epic flying mounts for the old world.

If I had to chose, I'd rather be able to fulfill my dragon fantasy in current content, rather than being forced to mount up just so I can have a bit of a bonus in older content that I'll rarely get to touch.

Because they won't keep Dragonriding past Dragonflight, and Dracthyr having soar would make them unfair towards other races in 11.0.

Yeah, to quote Ion:

If anything, you know with tons of new creatures and a huge new bestiary to encounter, you can rest assured that basically anything with four legs, two legs, or any number of legs, odds are that we're going to make it into a mount at some point, because we know that's what you want.
    since Ion’s quote is leading to that expansions spitting in hundreds of obtainable mounts, it seems i am not one of that „you“ in „…what you want“.

i stopped my mount collectors career while WoD, because the sheer amaount of mounts they spitted into the game killed every fun for me.

FF14 > WoW. Not an opinion, that's facts.
    Because they won't keep Dragonriding past Dragonflight, and Dracthyr having soar would make them unfair towards other races in 11.0.
    Druids have instant mount
    Warlocks and Hunters have pets
    Mages have portals

Unfair advantages, might as well remove those!

Please. It is almost guaranteed they will expand DR past DF.
    Sometimes, the light of the moon is a key to other spaces. I've found a place where, for a night or two, the streets curve in unfamiliar ways. If I walk here, I might find insight, or I might be touched by madness.

Quote Originally Posted by TriHard View Post
    Druids have instant mount
    Warlocks and Hunters have pets
    Mages have portals

Unfair advantages, might as well remove those!
    Those are Classes, not Races.