1. #65141
    I think Soar change is a pointless waste of time nobody really asked for. It's already limited enough and it was a fun little minigame in old world, with hardly any real actual use beyond that.

    Does it matter? Not really, it's just a complete "fun detected" moment.
    All my ignores are permanently filtered out and invisible to me. Responding to my posts with nonsense or insults is pointless, you're likely already invisible and if not - 3 clicks away. One ignore is much better than 3 pages of trolling.

  2. #65142
    Quote Originally Posted by Gaidax View Post
    I think Soar change is a pointless waste of time nobody really asked for. It's already limited enough and it was a fun little minigame in old world, with hardly any real actual use beyond that.

    Does it matter? Not really, it's just a complete "fun detected" moment.
    Its still faster then any flying mount...
    Seriously, why is changing the flying speed from 'way faster' to 'still way faster' such a crying moment? Is the game ruined because your going 600% speed instead of 900% when everyone else is going at 400%?
    It ignores such insignificant forces as time, entropy, and death

  3. #65143
    Quote Originally Posted by Gorsameth View Post
    Its still faster then any flying mount...
    Seriously, why is changing the flying speed from 'way faster' to 'still way faster' such a crying moment? Is the game ruined because your going 600% speed instead of 900% when everyone else is going at 400%?
    Because before, it was close enough to dragon riding that I could see myself using it in the current continent where I'll actually be playing, now it will be massively inferior from day one and I'll never really get to use it. Remove it from the old world until everyone else gets dragon riding there for all I care.

  4. #65144
    Quote Originally Posted by bruxx View Post
    Because before, it was close enough to dragon riding that I could see myself using it in the current continent where I'll actually be playing, now it will be massively inferior from day one and I'll never really get to use it. Remove it from the old world until everyone else gets dragon riding there for all I care.
    Shockingly Blizzard wants you to interact with a major expansion feature while playing that expansion.

    I know, its mind boggling...
    It ignores such insignificant forces as time, entropy, and death

  5. #65145
    Quote Originally Posted by Gorsameth View Post
    Shockingly Blizzard wants you to interact with a major expansion feature while playing that expansion.

    I know, its mind boggling...
    ? If you are using dragon riding mechanics, you're still dragon riding. Dracthyr themselves and all of the soar animations are a new expansion feature.

  6. #65146
    Quote Originally Posted by Lady Atia View Post
    The difference is that I try to get as many mounts possible, but I won't mind if I can't get all of them (well besides FOMO stuff). Someone who only collects stuff to "be a completionist" may be mad about 50-70 new mounts per patch because they "can't finish their collection easily" which honestly is just weird to me. Hence my initial question - do you collect just to see 100% or do you collect because you enjoy collecting in itself.
    ok, understand now more where you coming from. with this statement i have to agree. indeed there seems to be a difference. i can safely say i tend more to be one of the later ones („completionist“) tbh. only for the real final end result it still makes not a huge difference in my mind. because being glad about „now i got more of them and see a higher number“ and about „now i get enough of them so 2 numbers now are same (have/max)“ seems not much different to me. but to your given statement above i have to agree.

  7. #65147
    I'm honestly really disappointed that they seem intent on downgrading Soar. I just don't really get it? Are they dragons or not? Why would they be inferior flyers than the rest of their kin? At the very least they should buff the speed to match dragonriding while in the Dragon Isles. Hell, they should expand the system to allow dracthyr to upgrade their own flight too, but I can understand if they'd rather wait to see if they'll be carrying dragonriding beyond Dragonflight before allowing that.

  8. #65148
    Quote Originally Posted by Lady Atia View Post

    Even the recent bluepost said " throughout your leveling experience, you’ll earn four different Dragon Isles Drakes". That doesn't mean we won't get any further dragonriding mounts via max level content. Actually, the gladiator mount is supposed to be usable for dragonriding aswell so that's already another confirmation that we will get more than these 4. And again, the serpent mount with the same amount of customization as the other ones currently have was already datamined. It exists, it looks good, it's not a placeholder, and we will get it. It's just something that prolly was supposed to be encrypted.
    All they've said is four. Four four four. Four is not five. Have they ever said anything about a fifth one?

    People saw this in the patch files and jumped to assumptions. They only have themselves to blame for any disappointment.

    Quote Originally Posted by Arafal View Post
    It's a functional and very beautiful mount that people clearly want, whatever Blizzards intention is with it having people talk about it is the only real way to get them to implement it sooner or later.

    God forbid people might be upset that something that good looking, with that much effort put into it, might get scrapped.
    If people want to be disappointed about that, that's understandable. I hate any mount that could have a walking animation and doesn't, so I'd be happy to see it. But I also understand that there was nothing about there being a fifth dragonriding mount so far, and that anything datamined could not come to fruition, or may be for future stuff. I wouldn't get angry at Blizzard for it because it wasn't even officially announced or even hinted at.

    It could've been an experiment. It could've been an initial addition that didn't pan out or needs more time. It could be content in a patch.

    Go ahead and be disappointed, that's fine. But I wouldn't get angry at completely unannounced things that we only know about because someone dug deep into files. If they said "five dragonriding mounts" and then cut it down to four, then yeah, get mad at that. But they didn't.

  9. #65149
    Quote Originally Posted by Lahis View Post
    The HFC LFR leather set actually looks good, but LFR is too much of a mental and physical pain to do so I never bothered to get it.
    i meant more in terms of set bonuses and trinkets

    every time they try to incentivize players to move to higher difficulties it never works
    they did this in bfa but in trying to get players to do multiple forms of content like pvp

    good intentions but in reality it was just a wasted effort and made people feel bad

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Mutineer View Post
    I'm honestly really disappointed that they seem intent on downgrading Soar. I just don't really get it? Are they dragons or not? Why would they be inferior flyers than the rest of their kin? At the very least they should buff the speed to match dragonriding while in the Dragon Isles. Hell, they should expand the system to allow dracthyr to upgrade their own flight too, but I can understand if they'd rather wait to see if they'll be carrying dragonriding beyond Dragonflight before allowing that.
    they arent full dragons they are experiments
    soar is also still double regular flying

  10. #65150
    The Lightbringer Nymrohd's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2022
    Location
    Greece
    Posts
    3,295
    Quote Originally Posted by Mutineer View Post
    I'm honestly really disappointed that they seem intent on downgrading Soar. I just don't really get it? Are they dragons or not? Why would they be inferior flyers than the rest of their kin? At the very least they should buff the speed to match dragonriding while in the Dragon Isles. Hell, they should expand the system to allow dracthyr to upgrade their own flight too, but I can understand if they'd rather wait to see if they'll be carrying dragonriding beyond Dragonflight before allowing that.
    Because they are humanoids that are several sizes smaller to the ones we get to ride? Do you expect to people able to outrun a giant?

  11. #65151
    The Insane Arafal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Location
    Nextdrassil
    Posts
    17,750
    Are we really gonna use realism to argue that pointless change when currently all flying mounts, regardless of species, fly at a constant 410% which makes no sense whatsoever?



  12. #65152
    Quote Originally Posted by bruxx View Post
    Because before, it was close enough to dragon riding that I could see myself using it in the current continent where I'll actually be playing, now it will be massively inferior from day one and I'll never really get to use it. Remove it from the old world until everyone else gets dragon riding there for all I care.
    you wouldnt really use it much (if ever) in DF zones anyway, bcs dragonriding can be upgraded, soar cannot... not to mention it have 5m cooldown...
    i mean i would prefer it on dracthyor over dragonriding too, but its not like making it slower is what "killed it" it was worse since the start, and frankly even though i dont like it, as a racial it should be, all racials are TINY advantages, why dracthyrs should be massive... for a racial its still more than enough...

    personaly, something like worgen running wild would be nice racial, just for flying, "spread your wings" or whatever

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Mutineer View Post
    Are they dragons or not?
    well technicaly they are not dragons, but dracthyr, dragon/humanoid "hybrid" or what you call it...
    and not all draconid can even fly btw, so having some be worse at flying is not such a wild notion... honestly "regular" flying would be imo better racial, like druid flightform or worgen runnig wild (just flying)

  13. #65153
    Quote Originally Posted by Mutineer View Post
    I'm honestly really disappointed that they seem intent on downgrading Soar. I just don't really get it? Are they dragons or not? Why would they be inferior flyers than the rest of their kin? At the very least they should buff the speed to match dragonriding while in the Dragon Isles. Hell, they should expand the system to allow dracthyr to upgrade their own flight too, but I can understand if they'd rather wait to see if they'll be carrying dragonriding beyond Dragonflight before allowing that.
    Not all birds fly at the same speed. They are still birds.

  14. #65154
    The Insane Arafal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Location
    Nextdrassil
    Posts
    17,750
    Quote Originally Posted by Kumorii View Post
    Not all birds fly at the same speed. They are still birds.
    You say that, yet my Clutch of Ji-Kun flies the exact same speed as my Ashes, all my other birds and my flying unicorn.
    And the last one isn't even a bird.
    Last edited by Arafal; 2022-07-31 at 06:55 AM.



  15. #65155
    Quote Originally Posted by Gorsameth View Post
    Its still faster then any flying mount...
    Seriously, why is changing the flying speed from 'way faster' to 'still way faster' such a crying moment? Is the game ruined because your going 600% speed instead of 900% when everyone else is going at 400%?
    As I said - it's mostly "fun detected" moment.

    All people did with that shit is stuff like tunnel challenge and seeing how far and fast they can go from Highmountain. Per custom they are trying to solve problems that do not really exist.

    I liked some other poster take on it - Blizzard need to finally fucking understand, vast majority of WoW players don't want to be "numba one", they simply want to login and have fun.

    ---

    Is that going to make me bawl my eyes out and declare I am not going to pre-order or play DF because of this? No. Did I still raise an eyebrow when I read their so-called "justification" - yes I did.
    Last edited by Gaidax; 2022-07-31 at 07:03 AM.
    All my ignores are permanently filtered out and invisible to me. Responding to my posts with nonsense or insults is pointless, you're likely already invisible and if not - 3 clicks away. One ignore is much better than 3 pages of trolling.

  16. #65156
    Quote Originally Posted by Gaidax View Post
    As I said - it's mostly "fun detected" moment.

    All people did with that shit is stuff like tunnel challenge and seeing how far and fast they can go from Highmountain. Per custom they are trying to solve problems that do not really exist.

    I liked some other poster take on it - Blizzard need to finally fucking understand, vast majority of WoW players don't want to be "numba one", they simply want to login and have fun.

    ---

    Is that going to make me bawl my eyes out and declare I am not going to pre-order or play DF because of this? No. Did I still raise an eyebrow when I read their so-called "justification" - yes I did.
    This is alpha, they are not taking away anything from players to have fun... The only good take from the people that post your "fun detected" bs is that dragon riding currently feels like a very fun thing to do on all continents and not solely on dragon isles.

    Though for the next expansion, you will spend most of your time in dragon isles where the racial works like dragon riding. And in the future, if riding is extended to other continents you will be able to do the same there.

  17. #65157
    Herald of the Titans Lady Atia's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2015
    Location
    The Rumour Tower
    Posts
    2,532
    Quote Originally Posted by Kiivar86 View Post
    All they've said is four. Four four four. Four is not five. Have they ever said anything about a fifth one?

    People saw this in the patch files and jumped to assumptions. They only have themselves to blame for any disappointment.



    If people want to be disappointed about that, that's understandable. I hate any mount that could have a walking animation and doesn't, so I'd be happy to see it. But I also understand that there was nothing about there being a fifth dragonriding mount so far, and that anything datamined could not come to fruition, or may be for future stuff. I wouldn't get angry at Blizzard for it because it wasn't even officially announced or even hinted at.

    It could've been an experiment. It could've been an initial addition that didn't pan out or needs more time. It could be content in a patch.

    Go ahead and be disappointed, that's fine. But I wouldn't get angry at completely unannounced things that we only know about because someone dug deep into files. If they said "five dragonriding mounts" and then cut it down to four, then yeah, get mad at that. But they didn't.
    Yes, they already confirmed with the initial announcement that Gladiators will be able to use theirs for dragonriding, so there is your fifth mount already. If you really think we will only get four dragonriding mounts for the whole expansion you will be surprised. The "four dragonriding mounts" are for the initial leveling experience and Blizzard states that even in their recent dragonriding post ...

    PS: No one says we will get the fifth one during the level up experience or that they cut it from there, we always said it would be either endgame or patch content.
    Last edited by Lady Atia; 2022-07-31 at 07:37 AM.

  18. #65158
    Quote Originally Posted by Lady Atia View Post
    Yes, they already confirmed with the initial announcement that Gladiators will be able to use theirs for dragonriding, so there is your fifth mount already. If you really think we will only get four dragonriding mounts for the whole expansion you will be surprised. The "four dragonriding mounts" are for the initial leveling experience and Blizzard states that even in their recent dragonriding post ...

    PS: No one says we will get the fifth one during the level up experience or that they cut it from there, we always said it would be either endgame or patch content.
    They've said that the gladiator reward would be a unique customization for your dragonriding mounts in addition to the normal mount. That doesn't necessarily mean a 5th dragonriding mount, it sounds more like an alternate armor appearance for the base ones (which hopefully can be applied to all four/five of them).

  19. #65159
    The Lightbringer Nymrohd's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2022
    Location
    Greece
    Posts
    3,295
    Yeah I expect gladiator reward will be a faction-themed barding with a tabard or something similar.

  20. #65160
    Quote Originally Posted by Skildar View Post
    This is alpha, they are not taking away anything from players to have fun... The only good take from the people that post your "fun detected" bs is that dragon riding currently feels like a very fun thing to do on all continents and not solely on dragon isles.

    Though for the next expansion, you will spend most of your time in dragon isles where the racial works like dragon riding. And in the future, if riding is extended to other continents you will be able to do the same there.
    Ok Ion.

    When "in future" actually happens - then deal with it. No point fixing issues that do not exist.
    All my ignores are permanently filtered out and invisible to me. Responding to my posts with nonsense or insults is pointless, you're likely already invisible and if not - 3 clicks away. One ignore is much better than 3 pages of trolling.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •