1. #65161
    Quote Originally Posted by Skildar View Post
    This is alpha, they are not taking away anything from players to have fun... The only good take from the people that post your "fun detected" bs is that dragon riding currently feels like a very fun thing to do on all continents and not solely on dragon isles.

    Though for the next expansion, you will spend most of your time in dragon isles where the racial works like dragon riding. And in the future, if riding is extended to other continents you will be able to do the same there.
    Ok Ion.

    When "in future" actually happens - then deal with it. No point fixing issues that do not exist.
    All my ignores are permanently filtered out and invisible to me. Responding to my posts with nonsense or insults is pointless, you're likely already invisible and if not - 3 clicks away. One ignore is much better than 3 pages of trolling.

  2. #65162
    Quote Originally Posted by huth View Post
    That's exactly how it works. Blizzard has scrapped bigger things than that before. Until they actually release it to live or make an announcement, there's no "huge confidence".
    Please, remind me of a thing that was completely ready and eventually had been scrapped for unknown reasons?
    Unfinished Dragon Isles from vanila alpha? Thal'dranath island from Legion or Farahlon? Entire dungeon or a raid maybe? We do not talk about recolored mounts, we talk about a unique model, which seems to be a completely rare thing nowadays, actually such uncommon that even allied races are built upon existing ones.

    Somehow logic suggest that Blizzard would not have plans to scrap a thing like that - at best re-model. And since it's pretty rare and unique, once again, pretty safe bet would be a call for hiding it, unfortunately incompetently.

    That's exactly how it works. Blizzard has scrapped bigger things than that before. Until they actually release it to live or make an announcement, there's no "huge confidence".
    First of all, once the thing is live, it's not a huge confidence anymore, it's a fact at that point.

    Very often models that exist as datamined files end up in the live game, and that gives pretty solid probablisitc confidence, hence a "huge" word. The fact that model has dragonriding animations builds up for even more confidence that it's meant for players.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Kiivar86 View Post
    All they've said is four. Four four four. Four is not five. Have they ever said anything about a fifth one?

    People saw this in the patch files and jumped to assumptions. They only have themselves to blame for any disappointment.

    If people want to be disappointed about that, that's understandable. I hate any mount that could have a walking animation and doesn't, so I'd be happy to see it. But I also understand that there was nothing about there being a fifth dragonriding mount so far, and that anything datamined could not come to fruition, or may be for future stuff. I wouldn't get angry at Blizzard for it because it wasn't even officially announced or even hinted at.

    It could've been an experiment. It could've been an initial addition that didn't pan out or needs more time. It could be content in a patch.

    Go ahead and be disappointed, that's fine. But I wouldn't get angry at completely unannounced things that we only know about because someone dug deep into files. If they said "five dragonriding mounts" and then cut it down to four, then yeah, get mad at that. But they didn't.
    Jesus... what a mumble.
    For God sake, people see things in datamined files for almost two decades now. Most of these things end up in the game. Some of them don't - people get disappointed. It's in the nature of datamining. Is it that hard to understand. Nobody needs psychological coaching on disappointement that roots from false expectations.
    People are pretty much aware that things in datamined files aren't in any sense confirmed. But you can apply a degree of confidence based on historical record and probability. That's why some, me included, have a good feeling, that this model is supposed to be that 5th drake you talk about. It's really that simple.

    YES, it might never go live, it's possible. Am I going to be disappointed if that is the case - of course.

  3. #65163
    Quote Originally Posted by Nebron View Post
    Please, remind me of a thing that was completely ready and eventually had been scrapped for unknown reasons?
    StarCraft: Ghost.

    Very often models that exist as datamined files end up in the live game, and that gives pretty solid probablisitc confidence, hence a "huge" word. The fact that model has dragonriding animations builds up for even more confidence that it's meant for players.
    No, that's "very likely" not "huge confidence". Confidence is for when Blizzard actually announced stuff.

  4. #65164
    Pit Lord Lady Atia's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2015
    Location
    The Rumour Tower
    Posts
    2,494
    Quote Originally Posted by huth View Post
    StarCraft: Ghost.



    No, that's "very likely" not "huge confidence". Confidence is for when Blizzard actually announced stuff.
    Wow, now it gets ridiculous.

  5. #65165
    Quote Originally Posted by huth View Post
    No, that's "very likely" not "huge confidence". Confidence is for when Blizzard actually announced stuff.
    #dancestudio.
    It ignores such insignificant forces as time, entropy, and death

  6. #65166
    Ppl have a hard time accepting that feedback from streamers, reddit, social media, etc. is only a small part. If they made such a change, its because the overwhelming feedback told them about it. Not every change is what streamers or forums want.

  7. #65167
    The Lightbringer Nymrohd's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2022
    Location
    Greece
    Posts
    3,053
    Quote Originally Posted by Gorsameth View Post
    #dancestudio.
    I have the Wrath of the Lich King box around, it shows flying mounted combat. Blizzcon had Utgarde Pinnacle as a Raid and an Azjol'Nerub zone. Cata had an entire max level system that had UI prepared that was completely cut. And ofc there is also WoD which had more content cut than post launch content added.

    Shadowlands doesn't have much cut but probably because it doesn't have much in general. We got very little information at Blizzcon after all and it seems whatever was cut, was cut early (though I do think those Ardenweald raid tags existed?). BfA did have content cut (there were reference strings for multiple Warfronts) but to be fair, BfA had a massive amount of content so can't complain.

    And if we go for Blizzard in general instead of WoW? Warcraft 3: Refunded!
    Last edited by Nymrohd; 2022-07-31 at 10:16 AM.

  8. #65168
    Legendary! Makabreska's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Streets Strange by Moonlight
    Posts
    6,414
    Quote Originally Posted by Nebron View Post
    Please, remind me of a thing that was completely ready and eventually had been scrapped for unknown reasons?
    Unfinished Dragon Isles from vanila alpha? Thal'dranath island from Legion or Farahlon? Entire dungeon or a raid maybe? We do not talk about recolored mounts, we talk about a unique model, which seems to be a completely rare thing nowadays, actually such uncommon that even allied races are built upon existing ones.
    Defense of the Alehouse was a pretty ready MOBA BG, never released and stuck in the game files for years. Cata Abyssal Maw raid also was in files for a long time, you could go inside and see untexturized place (not releasing it left Neptulon in a weird cliffhanger state until Legion). But something to be really done and ready and then scrapped just doesn't happen any more (if it ever happened). Devs simply realize on time if they wont have resources to finish something (or it wont work properly).
    Last edited by Makabreska; 2022-07-31 at 10:58 AM.
    Sometimes, the light of the moon is a key to other spaces. I've found a place where, for a night or two, the streets curve in unfamiliar ways. If I walk here, I might find insight, or I might be touched by madness.

  9. #65169
    Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    I have the Wrath of the Lich King box around, it shows flying mounted combat. Blizzcon had Utgarde Pinnacle as a Raid and an Azjol'Nerub zone. Cata had an entire max level system that had UI prepared that was completely cut. And ofc there is also WoD which had more content cut than post launch content added.

    Shadowlands doesn't have much cut but probably because it doesn't have much in general. We got very little information at Blizzcon after all and it seems whatever was cut, was cut early (though I do think those Ardenweald raid tags existed?). BfA did have content cut (there were reference strings for multiple Warfronts) but to be fair, BfA had a massive amount of content so can't complain.

    And if we go for Blizzard in general instead of WoW? Warcraft 3: Refunded!
    Ardenweald raid is a meme, the second raid was always going to be in the Maw. As far as I remember the only "tags" that showed up were wowhead (in typical wowhead fashion) making poorly evidenced assumptions about the covenant weapons you get from Nathria tokens.

  10. #65170
    Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    I have the Wrath of the Lich King box around, it shows flying mounted combat. Blizzcon had Utgarde Pinnacle as a Raid and an Azjol'Nerub zone. Cata had an entire max level system that had UI prepared that was completely cut. And ofc there is also WoD which had more content cut than post launch content added.

    Shadowlands doesn't have much cut but probably because it doesn't have much in general. We got very little information at Blizzcon after all and it seems whatever was cut, was cut early (though I do think those Ardenweald raid tags existed?). BfA did have content cut (there were reference strings for multiple Warfronts) but to be fair, BfA had a massive amount of content so can't complain.
    That's they thing, since Legion (beside fact that we could see Tal'Dranath on map during reveal, but they haven't speak a word about it) you mostly see just some datamined things. We often complain Blizzard keeps stuff close to their chest, but this comes from experience. They don't talk about their wild plans, but they pretty much deliver what they announce.

    Similar situation with launches. I always see doomsaying how this time everything will be broken AS ALWAYS. But this is isn't WoD or MoP anymore, now launches are smooth, at worst few biggest servers are down first 2-3 hours.

    Quote Originally Posted by Hitei View Post
    Ardenweald raid is a meme, the second raid was always going to be in the Maw. As far as I remember the only "tags" that showed up were wowhead (in typical wowhead fashion) making poorly evidenced assumptions about the covenant weapons you get from Nathria tokens.
    More likely place for scrapped raid would be House of the Chosen with Vyraz as final boss (maybe Kel'Thuzad would had bigger role as well? he feel as wasted character in SL). Similar to Dazal'Alor, most raid would be done in outdoor area and then few new maps indoors. Ardenweald could serve as mini raid to close down Drust storyline.

    That would also explain why Korthia was called 'city of secrets'. Maybe they planned it this way for 9.2? Maybe Tazavesh was supposed to be inside Korthia instead random place in SL? We will never know.

    They keep talking that SL was designed as 3 'chapters', but I don't think they are 100% honest here. It could be designed this way before launch when covid hit and they knew some cuts will have to be made. But it makes 0 sense to design 3 raids expac from scratch after even BfA got full support.
    Last edited by Dracullus; 2022-07-31 at 11:08 AM.

  11. #65171
    Quote Originally Posted by Dracullus View Post
    That's they thing, since Legion (beside fact that we could see Tal'Dranath on map during reveal, but they haven't speak a word about it) you mostly see just some datamined things. We often complain Blizzard keeps stuff close to their chest, but this comes from experience. They don't talk about their wild plans, but they pretty much deliver what they announce.

    Similar situation with launches. I always see doomsaying how this time everything will be broken AS ALWAYS. But this is isn't WoD or MoP anymore, now launches are smooth, at worst few biggest servers are down first 2-3 hours.
    Jade Forest launch's buggy as hell intro still wasn't as bad as Vashj'ir. Between everyone just being dropped off the boat and slowly sinking to their deaths via drowning because Naga never came to capture you, boats just continuing off into fatigue without every stopping, and the seashell quest pre-fix where literally one person out of the crowds of hundreds could loot it at a time, I doubt anything will come close.

  12. #65172
    Pit Lord Lady Atia's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2015
    Location
    The Rumour Tower
    Posts
    2,494
    Btw, the wowhead dressing room beta now supports visage forms - and they even have eyebrows now!

    (that's something someone complained about earlier so I noticed them haha)

  13. #65173
    Quote Originally Posted by Lady Atia View Post
    Btw, the wowhead dressing room beta now supports visage forms - and they even have eyebrows now!

    (that's something someone complained about earlier so I noticed them haha)
    Yessssss!!!





    I'm so happy with it

  14. #65174
    The Insane Arafal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Location
    Nextdrassil
    Posts
    17,727
    Male Dracthyr desperately need more beard options.



  15. #65175
    Quote Originally Posted by Lolites View Post
    you wouldnt really use it much (if ever) in DF zones anyway, bcs dragonriding can be upgraded, soar cannot... not to mention it have 5m cooldown...
    i mean i would prefer it on dracthyor over dragonriding too, but its not like making it slower is what "killed it" it was worse since the start, and frankly even though i dont like it, as a racial it should be, all racials are TINY advantages, why dracthyrs should be massive... for a racial its still more than enough...

    personaly, something like worgen running wild would be nice racial, just for flying, "spread your wings" or whatever

    - - - Updated - - -



    well technicaly they are not dragons, but dracthyr, dragon/humanoid "hybrid" or what you call it...
    and not all draconid can even fly btw, so having some be worse at flying is not such a wild notion... honestly "regular" flying would be imo better racial, like druid flightform or worgen runnig wild (just flying)
    I cannot contest what you say, soar was indeed already inferior and I was bothered by the fact that it's not just treated like another dragon riding mount, but at least it was close enough that you could decide to use it to jump off valdrakken every now and then, now there is absolutely no contest.
    As far as "racial fairness", I think it'd make far more sense to move one or both of their knock back/up into the evoker tree instead. Those are the racials that actually matter.

  16. #65176
    Over 9000! Lahis's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    Finland
    Posts
    9,336
    Quote Originally Posted by Arafal View Post
    Male Dracthyr desperately need more beard options.
    Don't you mean Body 1 Dracthyr?

  17. #65177
    Quote Originally Posted by Lahis View Post
    The HFC LFR leather set actually looks good, but LFR is too much of a mental and physical pain to do so I never bothered to get it.
    How is soloing the easiest version of HFC 'too much of a mental and physical pain' ??? The raid was released 7 years ago lol

  18. #65178
    Over 9000! Lahis's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    Finland
    Posts
    9,336
    Quote Originally Posted by matheney2k View Post
    How is soloing the easiest version of HFC 'too much of a mental and physical pain' ??? The raid was released 7 years ago lol
    Haven't bothered to go back there since WoD

  19. #65179
    The Lightbringer Nymrohd's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2022
    Location
    Greece
    Posts
    3,053
    Quote Originally Posted by matheney2k View Post
    How is soloing the easiest version of HFC 'too much of a mental and physical pain' ??? The raid was released 7 years ago lol
    I'd assume the first encounter remains a pain in the ass.

  20. #65180
    Quote Originally Posted by Lahis View Post
    Haven't bothered to go back there since WoD
    You que from it in your garrison. All this anguish you suffered from it and you don't know nothin about it :/

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    I'd assume the first encounter remains a pain in the ass.
    It's beyond easy to solo in mythic so I doubt LFR would pose much of a threat.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •