1. #65301
    Quote Originally Posted by Xilurm View Post
    As it is now is what I'm saying.

    I wouldn't want the Night Elves to live in a Suramar like city, and neither would they tbh.
    The Nightborne are still technically Night Elves. So not only would they, they do.

  2. #65302
    The Insane Raetary's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Location
    Base Camp
    Posts
    19,122
    Quote Originally Posted by huth View Post
    The Nightborne are still technically Night Elves. So not only would they, they do.
    Nightborne are no more Night Elves than Blood Elves are.

    Nightborne have had drastic physical changes thanks to the Nightwell.


    Formerly known as Arafal

  3. #65303
    Quote Originally Posted by Xilurm View Post
    As it is now is what I'm saying.

    I wouldn't want the Night Elves to live in a Suramar like city, and neither would they tbh.
    Didn't Tyrande come from Suramar? I think it would be interesting to bring up the fact that several rebels from the War of the Ancients came from Suramar (including their leader Tyrande).

    Suramar was a major Highborne seat of power, but it was also the second most important metropolis in the old Empire, behind only Zin-Azshari. I think many elves in the rebellion would have come from there, and so many modern Darnassians would trace their roots in Suramar.

  4. #65304
    Calling a Nightborne a Night Elf is like calling Elves Trolls. Same species, different culture and evolution (though the Nightborne are closer to Night Elves in looks and culture, though far more Highborne)

  5. #65305
    Quote Originally Posted by huth View Post
    The Nightborne are still technically Night Elves. So not only would they, they do.
    I can't take this post seriously lol...

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Varodoc View Post
    Didn't Tyrande come from Suramar? I think it would be interesting to bring up the fact that several rebels from the War of the Ancients came from Suramar (including their leader Tyrande).

    Suramar was a major Highborne seat of power, but it was also the second most important metropolis in the old Empire, behind only Zin-Azshari. I think many elves in the rebellion would have come from there, and so many modern Darnassians would trace their roots in Suramar.
    Not sure if you're just trolling or what. I usually like your High Elf posts because you want what is best for them when it comes to lore, but this is the opposite of that. Do you hate Night Elves or something? This goes against everything the race stands for, since they were introduced in WC3 and I doubt any Night Elf fan wants this. They are in tune with nature, there's a reason they left that life behind 10.000 years ago. The few Highborne that are still left alive aren't going to change that either.

  6. #65306
    Quote Originally Posted by Xilurm View Post
    Not sure if you're just trolling or what. I usually like your High Elf posts because you want what is best for them when it comes to lore, but this is the opposite of that. Do you hate Night Elves or something? This goes against everything the race stands for, since they were introduced in WC3 and I doubt any Night Elf fan wants this. They are in tune with nature, there's a reason they left that life behind 10.000 years ago. The few Highborne that are still left alive aren't going to change that either.
    Literally just answer the question, my post is that straightforward.

    Did Tyrande come from Suramar? Yes or No?

    Also, you speak for no one but yourself, you certainly don't speak for any other Nelf fan. I know quite a few Nelf fans around here who would be more than happy to get Eldre'Thalas or Suramar back.

  7. #65307
    Quote Originally Posted by Varodoc View Post
    Literally just answer the question, my post is that straightforward.

    Did Tyrande come from Suramar? Yes or No?

    Also, you speak for no one but yourself, you certainly don't speak for any other Nelf fan. I know quite a few Nelf fans around here who would be more than happy to get Eldre'Thalas or Suramar back.
    Yes she did. Most Night Elves came from high society back in the day. But that's like saying High Elves came from Night Elves so I bet a lot of them would like to go live in them woods right?

    Getting Suramar back would make no sense, if only to root the Nightborne from there. They would certainly change everything about it though. Most traces of arcane would have to go. Same for Eldre'Thalas. If you think they'd get back either of those then turn into an arcane worshipping society then you're just wrong.

  8. #65308
    Quote Originally Posted by Arafal View Post
    Nightborne are no more Night Elves than Blood Elves are.

    Nightborne have had drastic physical changes thanks to the Nightwell.
    Many of them were born before the War of the Ancients. They're still Night Elves, just mutated through the well.

    At least Blood Elves are the descendants of the Highborne that left.

  9. #65309
    Quote Originally Posted by huth View Post
    Many of them were born before the War of the Ancients. They're still Night Elves, just mutated through the well.

    At least Blood Elves are the descendants of the Highborne that left.
    Every human also came from the same place, and yet look at how many different cultures we have.

  10. #65310
    Quote Originally Posted by Xilurm View Post
    Every human also came from the same place, and yet look at how many different cultures we have.
    That's not really helping your point.

  11. #65311
    There's definitely a hardcore lore fanbase that wants Night Elves to have more Highborne culture, but based on everything we've seen introduced for Night Elves in the past few years (models, assets, etc) they are retaining their nature theme first and foremost.

    I can see a new Nelf city having an area for the Highborne included in their ranks, but as the majority theme? I really doubt it will happen.

  12. #65312
    Quote Originally Posted by huth View Post
    That's not really helping your point.
    Why not? Seriously asking. You got all these different kind of elves, with different cultures and stuff, only to ruin that and make them all more alike? What's the point? Why erase race identity like that?

    People can argue about how change is good all they want. Many people grew up liking one of the races (either cause of the WC games or during WoW) because of what they are. What would changing that do? If Night Elves become more like the High Elves or more of a Highborne society then what's the point? Might aswell been a High Elf/Blood Elf fan then.

  13. #65313
    Quote Originally Posted by Xilurm View Post
    Yes she did. Most Night Elves came from high society back in the day. But that's like saying High Elves came from Night Elves so I bet a lot of them would like to go live in them woods right?
    Except they uh...they did do exactly that. Dath'Remar Sunstrider and the kaldorei Highborne that fled with him went and made the Sunwell, founded Quel'thalas. And took up residence in the Eversong woods with prolific use of rangers. Over time their skin turned pale and the purple went away.

  14. #65314
    Quote Originally Posted by Shaltharian View Post
    Except they uh...they did do exactly that. Dath'Remar Sunstrider and the kaldorei Highborne that fled with him went and made the Sunwell, founded Quel'thalas. And took up residence in the Eversong woods with prolific use of rangers. Over time their skin turned pale and the purple went away.
    You can't compare the Eversong Woods to Ashenvale or literally Northern Kalimdor though. And their city, Silvermoon is way more advanced and luxurious than any Night Elf city after the War.

  15. #65315
    I dunno. Aestheticslly the buildings are very different, yeah, but living in the woods is still living in the woods. Difference of camping or going to a cozy home somewhere among the trees. The Highborne lived a very luxurious lifestyle, and they took that with them into the new woods, where the kaldorei they left behind wholly embraced druidism.

  16. #65316
    Quote Originally Posted by Shaltharian View Post
    I dunno. Aestheticslly the buildings are very different, yeah, but living in the woods is still living in the woods. Difference of camping or going to a cozy home somewhere among the trees. The Highborne lived a very luxurious lifestyle, and they took that with them into the new woods, where the kaldorei they left behind wholly embraced druidism.
    That's what I mean. I'm talking about the Night Elves after the War, the High Elves wouldn't go and live like that just because they were Night Elves once.

  17. #65317
    Quote Originally Posted by Xilurm View Post
    That's what I mean. I'm talking about the Night Elves after the War, the High Elves wouldn't go and live like that just because they were Night Elves once.
    They'd never have lived like post-war druidic night elves anyway. They were being asked to abandon arcane and their lifestyle, and they vehemently disagreed with that demand. So they packed up and moved house.

  18. #65318
    The Insane Raetary's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Location
    Base Camp
    Posts
    19,122
    Quote Originally Posted by huth View Post
    Many of them were born before the War of the Ancients. They're still Night Elves, just mutated through the well.

    At least Blood Elves are the descendants of the Highborne that left.

    Yes, they got heavily mutated by the Nightwell, they changed into what we nowadays call Nightborne.
    Whether or not they lived before that mutation occurred is irrelevant, especially when magic is involved.


    Formerly known as Arafal

  19. #65319
    Pit Lord boyzma's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    In yer base, killing yer dudes
    Posts
    2,395
    Again the thread branches off into useless banter about something or another. Page upon page of "I'm right, you're wrong" c'mon just drop it. Personally, I can't stand elves of any kind so wouldn't bother me if they all went where ever.

  20. #65320
    Banned Teriz's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Soul of Azeroth
    Posts
    29,984
    Quote Originally Posted by boyzma View Post
    Again the thread branches off into useless banter about something or another. Page upon page of "I'm right, you're wrong" c'mon just drop it. Personally, I can't stand elves of any kind so wouldn't bother me if they all went where ever.
    I will never understand some people's obsession with elves.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •