Quote Originally Posted by huth View Post
    We were talking about the Highborne, were we not? You're thinking of the wrong culture, then.
    You're misremembering that. The choice came after Ysera was corrupted and Xavius sent her to attack the temple in Val'sharah, forcing Tyrande to choose between Malfurion and it.
    Malfurion was in the process of being corrupted. And in that time Tyrande stopped him from being overtaken, one can assume if Tyrande had chosen Ysera, she could have been saved before the corruption became to severe to counteract. Xavius says this much.

Quote Originally Posted by Ersula View Post
    Malfurion was in the process of being corrupted. And in that time Tyrande stopped him from being overtaken, one can assume if Tyrande had chosen Ysera, she could have been saved before the corruption became to severe to counteract. Xavius says this much.
    Excuse me at which point could Tyrande have stopped the corruption?

Should she have done a bodyguard jump between Xavius and Ysera?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Feali View Post
    And yet you still hang out here. Curious.
    do you have a point?

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Depakote View Post
    I'm not playing Dragonflight. It looks horrible, the new 'race' looks like something a 5 year old thought up and this comes from someone who loves Pandaren. There's absolutely no lore reason for dracthyr to exist other than people clamoring to play as dragon. The talent 'trees' are just a legion 2.0 talent overhaul that takes away more than it adds. IF they really wanted to fix talent trees they'd 1. undo the level squish from long ago, 2 give us more points to spend and 3 use the real talent trees from classic instead of these convoluted 'trees'. As for professions they're totally screwing that up too. Professions worked fine as they were. There's no need to create a whole mess of crap to collect to make good gear. This whole expansion just reeks of overcomplicated grindfests which are never fun.
    Entire post is just picking every feature and putting it in worst way possible (AKA just shiting on the game) which can be marked as an opinion, but please explain that last part, considering that DF has no power systems to be grindy and complicated. Which part of progression you have problems understanding?
    Last edited by Makabreska; 2022-08-12 at 06:03 AM.
    Sometimes, the light of the moon is a key to other spaces. I've found a place where, for a night or two, the streets curve in unfamiliar ways. If I walk here, I might find insight, or I might be touched by madness.

So, we trade Malfurion for Ysera - based on the very little things Malfurion has done, I guess this is... fair? But I love that it's yet again the Night Elves who need to make a sacrifice.
    MAGA - Make Alliance Great Again

I wonder if the Pllars of Creation are going to to be used, esp the Tears of Elune, with the mined Ysera/Furion nonsense.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    wE doN't kNoW wHaT pLaYeRs WaNt FoR cHarAcTeR CrEaTiOn MoDeLs

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nyel View Post
    So, we trade Malfurion for Ysera - based on the very little things Malfurion has done, I guess this is... fair? But I love that it's yet again the Night Elves who need to make a sacrifice.
    Now lets have the fake hope that the Night Elves are going to get some positive development and not just another arm cut with a band aid as the reward again.

I would just go with the Night Elves finding a way to "Exchange" souls, and basically every now and then the NE people just exchange their life with those in the Anderweald, and become a true master of the process of rebirth and part of its protectors. That would be a nice "upgrade" to their culture, as in the end, as long as the NE race exist, none of them truly die, basically another version of what they used to have prior having the Druids wake up from the Emerald Dream in WC3.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    Btw should we expect Beta soon after phase 6? In the past they transitioned to beta soon after all zones became available in Alpha. That would mean beta by the end of August.
    IM guessing beta in 1.5 weeks. Not next week but the week after. So late August.

- - - Updated - - -

I really wish Ysera would just stay dead for now. It would make more sense for her to come back in a Life expansion with Elune IMO.

Lets get Wrathion and Mirithra as Aspects in one of the patches.

Quote Originally Posted by Chickat View Post
    Lets get Wrathion and Mirithra as Aspects in one of the patches.
    Black Aspect is either gonna be Wrathion or Ebyssian.

Wrathion was the obvious choice before, but they dug up Sabellian from the closet to set up a conflict of leadership in Black Flight. I don't think Sabellian will become aspect, but this conflict may prevent Wrathion from becoming one too. Picking Ebyssian is the safe third choice.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm getting the feeling that the main reason they'll set the new World tree to the dragon islands is so that people have another nice spot for dragon gliding.

I think Wrathion not becoming the aspect of the Black Dragons is a recipe for disaster and might turn him into a villain or anti hero sooner or later.
    MAGA - Make Alliance Great Again

Quote Originally Posted by Nyel View Post
    I think Wrathion not becoming the aspect of the Black Dragons is a recipe for disaster and might turn him into a villain or anti hero sooner or later.
    He's always been an antihero though, that's his whole schtick since day one.
    This is a signature of an ailing giant, boundless in pride, wit and strength.
    Yet also as humble as health and humor permit.

Furthermore, I consider that Carthage Slam must be destroyed.

I'm thinking:

Beta in a few weeks so end of August

Pre-patch on PTR end of September/early October

Pre patch release mid November

Expansion release end of November

Sound likely?
    Battletag: Chris#23952 (EU)
    Warlock

Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    Never. Just interested that the Tinker concept triggers people in such an over-the-top fashion.

I'm sure there's people reporting these posts to a moderator as we speak, simply because the word was mentioned.

That doesn't make it any better my dude.
    Why though? Elves in fantasy are always presented as biologically beautiful, civilized, and superior to the other races, so I don't think it's that weird to fanboy over them.

It's renown that in fantasy the elves are always badass at everything, their main weakness being low birth rates. Which doesn't even seem to be a weakness for Warcraft elves, to be fair, I don't think it's ever mentioned that Thalassian elves had trouble reproducing or anything like that.

Quote Originally Posted by Lahis View Post
    Black Aspect is either gonna be Wrathion or Ebyssian.

Wrathion was the obvious choice before, but they dug up Sabellian from the closet to set up a conflict of leadership in Black Flight. I don't think Sabellian will become aspect, but this conflict may prevent Wrathion from becoming one too. Picking Ebyssian is the safe third choice.
    I think bringing Sabellian in and rubbing his competence in Wrathion's face is intentional. Wrathion needs humility and character growth to become an aspect. IF someone does become an aspect it will be Wrathion imo but I really think it would make for a much better story to NOT have empowered aspects. But with Danuser on the lead . . . yeah not expecting much.

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Avikur View Post
    I'm thinking:

Sound likely?
    Personally I think:

Beta & Release date revealed on Gamescom.
    PTR somewhere in September.
    26th October pre-patch
    2nd November pre-launch event (and Evoker launch)
    15th November release
    29th November season start (Mythic week later)

Currently 18th anniversary event is 15th November - 6th December, but likely it's placeholder date and it will be moved 3 weeks before launch like back in 2020.

Quote Originally Posted by Dracullus View Post
    Personally I think:

Beta & Release date revealed on Gamescom.
    PTR somewhere in September.
    26th October pre-patch
    2nd November pre-launch event (and Evoker launch)
    15th November release
    29th November season start (Mythic week later)

Currently 18th anniversary event is 15th November - 6th December, but likely it's placeholder date and it will be moved 3 weeks before launch like back in 2020.
    I would expect anniversary week to happen before prepatch. 22nd of November 10.0 starts then either the 13th or the 20th of December we get the expansion release. Raid release would happen three weeks later.

But I've been wrong so many times with date estimates for the game XD

Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    I think bringing Sabellian in and rubbing his competence in Wrathion's face is intentional. Wrathion needs humility and character growth to become an aspect. IF someone does become an aspect it will be Wrathion imo but I really think it would make for a much better story to NOT have empowered aspects. But with Danuser on the lead . . . yeah not expecting much.
    I think they just fucked up by forgetting about his character in legion and are now struggling desperately to find a story line where he fits in well honestly.

The old god plot made some sense but man for all the build up in mop he really is one of those wasted characters.

That and he is one of the few new characters people like after they double killed everyone's favorite villains to give fucking slyvannas a redemption story where she was somehow right all along and it was an evil ghosts fault she did bad things not her.

Quote Originally Posted by Celement View Post
    I think they just fucked up by forgetting about his character in legion and are now struggling desperately to find a story line where he fits in well honestly.

The old god plot made some sense but man for all the build up in mop he really is one of those wasted characters.

That and he is one of the few new characters people like after they double killed everyone's favorite villains to give fucking slyvannas a redemption story where she was somehow right all along and it was an evil ghosts fault she did bad things not her.
    In Legion I kind of hoped we'd have found him in Argus, kidnapped by the Legion and thus missing for that reason.

Quote Originally Posted by Avikur View Post
    I'm thinking:

Sound likely?
    Yes. Im all in on Scaleface right now. November release.