1. #65421
    Quote Originally Posted by Sondrelk View Post
    Rumour has it the developer in charge of Druid and Priest left the company, which would explain the absence of anything substantial.

    - - - Updated - - -



    Different developers are essentially given free reign to develop the classes. The hunter and shaman one does that by being active in the forum's, answering questions. The rogue one I hear is fairly active on the discord, just not in making blueposts, and the druid and priest one is supposedly no longer with the company.

    It's extremely annoying to anyone not playing one of the lucky classes like hunter, but at least it makes it blatantly obvious which developers get praise and which ones don't, and how to fix it.
    What is your source on this?
    Romance doesnt detract from a story. Its a Genre, like horror or comedy or adventure. The game was ruined when we got Horror in drustvar or nazmir. It wasnt ruined when we had funny quests. So if you think a little man on man love ruins the game, then yes you are either a homophobe or just a spoil sport that goes "ewww kissing is yucky" like a baby. Furthermore, if a character has never expressed interest in any gender, then its not proof they are straight. straight people are not the default

  2. #65422
    Quote Originally Posted by tristannarutofan View Post
    What is your source on this?
    Forgotten where exactly, but on the official forums at least, most likely the Community Council. It's easy to tell for the class designers as they are very clearly different people operating completely differently in how they approach class design in DF.

    The druid/priest developer thing is just a rumour though. Some streamer has been talking to some developers who supposedly claimed it to be the case.
    The world revamp dream will never die!

  3. #65423
    Do we know, if Beta starts soon? Since I missed the Alpha deadline for F&F =(

  4. #65424
    Quote Originally Posted by Sweetdeal View Post
    Do we know, if Beta starts soon? Since I missed the Alpha deadline for F&F =(
    Likely when the Alpha cycles are finished. Think there were 6, of which we are currently at 3 or 4.
    The world revamp dream will never die!

  5. #65425
    Quote Originally Posted by Sondrelk View Post
    Likely when the Alpha cycles are finished. Think there were 6, of which we are currently at 3 or 4.
    Pretty sure we are at 5 and going on 6 tomorrow actually.

  6. #65426
    Some bigger streamers hinted start of September for beta.

    Regarding what sondrelk was saying on priest Druid dev I heard the same thing on multiple streams but those are more RWF people like Max, Naowh, etc. it sounded like it did happen but was not fully confirmed and the person took a leave of absence.

    But yeah rogue and dh dev has been pretty active in those discord as soliciting feedback on design etc. which has been met very well.

    Sounds like monk this week and DH was pushed back to the week after.

    Edit: it is worth noting that there is a lead dev on each tree and a few others that help support. So kinda weird that no priest or Druid changes have been pushed through.
    Last edited by Fentawow; 2022-08-15 at 01:04 PM.

  7. #65427
    Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    Pretty sure we are at 5 and going on 6 tomorrow actually.
    Yep, we're at stage 5 now. Their initial plan was to unlock a new stage every week, so stage 6 tomorrow seems likely, it musn't be the case though when development goals have changed during the course of testing (as said in their blue post).
    MAGA - Make Alliance Great Again

  8. #65428
    Dreadlord Berkilak's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    The Green Chapel
    Posts
    918
    Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    They are referenced as dragons in multiple occasions. Nalak is specifically called a storm dragon, they are called dragons in the Koak short story, Yu'lon's temple has an area called "Terrace of the Twin Dragons", the mount journal notes "Heavenly Crimson Cloud Serpents are considered to be among the noblest of dragons."

    Cloud serpents are intelligent and many of them speak with us. Perhaps they are the Life-based evolution of proto dragons where Aspects are the arcane version.
    They don't even have wings.

    They are referenced as dragons, yes, but that's more of a point of comparison than an actual connection. Illidan also faced off against Nether Dragons in Outland that weren't actual dragons but creatures from the Twisting Nether (likely demonic in origin). They were only called dragons as a point of comparison.

    And let's be completely real: the only reason the Pandaren named anything after dragons is not because of their awareness of the dragons of Azeroth or connections between cloud serpents and dragons, but because they look like real-world Asian dragons. It's a crack in the fourth wall.

  9. #65429
    Quote Originally Posted by Berkilak View Post
    They don't even have wings.

    They are referenced as dragons, yes, but that's more of a point of comparison than an actual connection. Illidan also faced off against Nether Dragons in Outland that weren't actual dragons but creatures from the Twisting Nether (likely demonic in origin). They were only called dragons as a point of comparison.

    And let's be completely real: the only reason the Pandaren named anything after dragons is not because of their awareness of the dragons of Azeroth or connections between cloud serpents and dragons, but because they look like real-world Asian dragons. It's a crack in the fourth wall.
    Nether Dragons are an offshoot of Black Dragons.

  10. #65430
    The Insane Raetary's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Location
    Base Camp
    Posts
    19,396
    Quote Originally Posted by Berkilak View Post
    They don't even have wings.

    They are referenced as dragons, yes, but that's more of a point of comparison than an actual connection. Illidan also faced off against Nether Dragons in Outland that weren't actual dragons but creatures from the Twisting Nether (likely demonic in origin). They were only called dragons as a point of comparison.
    Nether Dragons are by the Nether twisted Black Dragons.

    If you want a proper example, Spirit Darters are referred to by everyone as Faerie Dragons, but they are not actually Dragons just look like them.


    Formerly known as Arafal

  11. #65431
    Dreadlord Berkilak's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    The Green Chapel
    Posts
    918
    http://classic.battle.net/war3/neutr...rdragons.shtml

    These Nether Dragons are not.

    Coming from this mission:

    https://wowpedia.fandom.com/wiki/Gat...(WC3_BloodElf)

    They were coming in from outside Outland.

    Although Reforged did retcon them, so perhaps they are a poor example.

  12. #65432
    Quote Originally Posted by Berkilak View Post
    http://classic.battle.net/war3/neutr...rdragons.shtml

    These Nether Dragons are not.

    Coming from this mission:

    https://wowpedia.fandom.com/wiki/Gat...(WC3_BloodElf)

    They were coming in from outside Outland.

    Although Reforged did retcon them, so perhaps they are a poor example.
    Frankly, i wouldn't use anything from WC3 as evidence if later sources contradict it. A lot of stuff wasn't nailed down back then. Besides, Black Dragons also come from outside Outland.

  13. #65433
    Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Join Date
    May 2016
    Location
    Poland
    Posts
    8,342
    I know 9.2.7 is technical patch, but I wonder if they'll sneak some questline tomorrow.

    Also I hoped for some news on Gamescom - Beta, promotion, release date, but when I search internet it looks like Acti-Blizzard won't be there at all (although I can't find direct source of that info).

  14. #65434
    Elemental Lord Makabreska's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Streets Strange by Moonlight
    Posts
    8,926
    DF talents can be changed anywhere and w/o any tomes:

    https://www.wowhead.com/news/change-...oadouts-328327
    Sometimes, the light of the moon is a key to other spaces. I've found a place where, for a night or two, the streets curve in unfamiliar ways. If I walk here, I might find insight, or I might be touched by madness.

  15. #65435
    Dreadlord Berkilak's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    The Green Chapel
    Posts
    918
    Quote Originally Posted by huth View Post
    Frankly, i wouldn't use anything from WC3 as evidence if later sources contradict it. A lot of stuff wasn't nailed down back then. Besides, Black Dragons also come from outside Outland.
    There's a difference between draconic beings on Outland turning out to be the former black dragons and dragon-like beings from outside Outland turning out to be former black dragons. The former makes sense. The latter does not. It's not exactly contradicted... more forgotten, than anything, with a (minor) plot hole being created in the process. Like the distinction between the Undead and Blood Elves being allied with the Horde as opposed to being members of the Horde - the new stable of writers lost that bit in translation, making for some pretty blatant plot holes for people that are actively paying attention.

  16. #65436
    The Insane Raetary's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Location
    Base Camp
    Posts
    19,396
    Quote Originally Posted by Makabreska View Post
    DF talents can be changed anywhere and w/o any tomes:

    https://www.wowhead.com/news/change-...oadouts-328327
    Rip Inscription.


    Formerly known as Arafal

  17. #65437
    Quote Originally Posted by Feali View Post
    Meanwhile:

    Man. The art for a lot of those books was terrible...

  18. #65438
    Quote Originally Posted by Dead Moose Fandango View Post
    Man. The art for a lot of those books was terrible...
    This isn't terrible. This is an artistic vision. Not all art has to be photorealistic.

  19. #65439
    The Insane Feali's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Cornelia Street
    Posts
    15,473
    Quote Originally Posted by Arafal View Post
    Rip Inscription.
    Honestly, besides Darkmoon Cards and maybe Vantus Runes, what do they do now?

  20. #65440
    Quote Originally Posted by Berkilak View Post
    There's a difference between draconic beings on Outland turning out to be the former black dragons and dragon-like beings from outside Outland turning out to be former black dragons. The former makes sense. The latter does not. It's not exactly contradicted... more forgotten, than anything, with a (minor) plot hole being created in the process. Like the distinction between the Undead and Blood Elves being allied with the Horde as opposed to being members of the Horde - the new stable of writers lost that bit in translation, making for some pretty blatant plot holes for people that are actively paying attention.
    You're using purely circumstantial evidence to conclude they aren't from Outland to begin with. The portals could just lead to a different part of it. Outland is partially in the Nether anyway, so them coming from the Nether isn't saying much.

    And TBC does directly contradict them being Demons or native to the Nether.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •