1. #65621
    The Insane Feali's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Cornelia Street
    Posts
    15,473
    Quote Originally Posted by Sondrelk View Post
    Weird that they seem to have done away with the whole portal theme for that one. Not even trying to emulate that basic feel that the other login screens do.
    Well neither did Cata or MoP or BfA.

  2. #65622
    Elemental Lord Makabreska's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Streets Strange by Moonlight
    Posts
    8,955
    Quote Originally Posted by Sondrelk View Post
    Weird that they seem to have done away with the whole portal theme for that one. Not even trying to emulate that basic feel that the other login screens do.
    WotLK, Cata, MoP, BfA and Shadowlands also didn't have them. They put portals when it makes sense. What sense would it make to put a Dark Portal variation in Dragon Isles?
    Sometimes, the light of the moon is a key to other spaces. I've found a place where, for a night or two, the streets curve in unfamiliar ways. If I walk here, I might find insight, or I might be touched by madness.

  3. #65623
    Quote Originally Posted by bruxx View Post
    Feels like it's been so many expansions released terribly close to christmass, and every single time people worry about what that means for raiding, like it's not how it usually goes lol
    I mean, it's not how it usually goes...



    Back in the day, the closest expansion/raid releases we had for Christmas were:

    * Barely near the holidays. - Wrath of the Lich King: November 14, 2008 - Raids opened the same day.

    Warlords of Draenor: November 13, 2014 - Highmaul opened on December 2, 2014.

    Cataclysm: December 7, 2010 - Raids opened the same day.

    Shadowlands: November 23, 2020 - Castle Nathria opened on December 8, 2020.

    --

    If Blizzard releases Dragonflight on November 28, 2022, and gives us the usual 14-days off-season, the Raid will be opened on December 13, 2022, and Mythic on December 20, 2022, these dates are insane and never before we had a raid release so close to the holiday season. Would be a lot better if the expansion could be released on December 7/8, or 12/13, and the first Season on January 3, 2023.
    Last edited by Luck4; 2022-08-17 at 07:39 PM.

  4. #65624
    Quote Originally Posted by SunspotAnims View Post
    Very pretty vista, can wait to see it in motion.

    On another note, it was said that the Unholy DK tree was going to be reworked to some degree waaay back in the first week or so of alpha and I haven't seen anything about that since. I'm starting to wonder if the rework has become more substantial than originally pitched or it's just been on the backburner until the other classes have been rolled out. Personally, I'd get a kick out of seeing the abomination make a return.
    One can only hope. Unholy DK is one of those specs that is in fire need of someone to come in and fix the mess. For one maybe they can finally decide whether it's a Necromancer with a sword, or a really confused Arms Warrior that dabbles in Necromancy on the side.

    Might be an unpopular opinion, but if there ever was a class that should make the transition from Melee to Ranged beyond Survival its definitely Unholy. That spec would barely need any changes to become a staff wielding Necromancer.
    The world revamp dream will never die!

  5. #65625
    Seeing all kinds of specs getting extensive work based on feedback, and seeing Enha get 0 since the talents came live is depressing and gives the same old feeling of how I know from experience they won't "fix it later".

  6. #65626
    The question is, does Alex fly in front of the scream and roar?

  7. #65627
    Quote Originally Posted by Manu9 View Post
    Seeing all kinds of specs getting extensive work based on feedback, and seeing Enha get 0 since the talents came live is depressing and gives the same old feeling of how I know from experience they won't "fix it later".
    From feedback I heard that Enh is in a pretty good spot right now, is that not true?

  8. #65628
    Quote Originally Posted by Makabreska View Post
    WotLK, Cata, MoP, BfA and Shadowlands also didn't have them. They put portals when it makes sense. What sense would it make to put a Dark Portal variation in Dragon Isles?
    WotLK was definitely the odd one out, but Cata had the Stormwind gates, MoP had the two giant statues, BfA had the Lordaeron gates, and Shadowlands had the giant portal to the Shadowlands.
    It's not strictly speaking the old style of portal, but they all seemed to go for a generic theme of portal or gate, or at the very least some kind of entrance. MoP was definitely a bit more abstract, but with the two statues on either side with their spears crossed you do most definitely have the vague outline of a gate underneath.

    Just seems weird to completely abandon that motif for this one. Not that it's bad by any stretch, but it is a clear departure from previous login screens.
    The world revamp dream will never die!

  9. #65629
    Why would they update animations for classes that don't need it as much as others? All of them need it, don't get me wrong, but UH / Blood DK, hunters, and maybe rogues need it the most for sure.

  10. #65630
    Congrats to monks, they got a guaranteed raid spot with the new passive 4% leech AND 4% avoidance for the raid.

  11. #65631
    Quote Originally Posted by Feali View Post
    Well neither did Cata or MoP or BfA.
    Portal, gate, or generic entrance. With the exception of WotLK all login screens have had some kind of prominent gate or otherwise entrance to something or other. Just look at the MoP one and tell me you don't notice the giant statues with their spears crossed creating a vague outline of a gate underneath.
    The world revamp dream will never die!

  12. #65632
    The Insane Feali's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Cornelia Street
    Posts
    15,473
    Quote Originally Posted by Luck4 View Post
    If Blizzard releases Dragonflight on November 28, 2022, and gives us the usual 14-days off-season, the Raid will be opened on December 13, 2022, and Mythic on December 20, 2022, these dates are insane and never before we had a raid release so close to the holiday season. Would be a lot better if the expansion could be released on December 7/8, or 12/13, and the first Season on January 3, 2023.
    God, I hope they just release the expansion and wait with the raid til after the new year. There would also be close to no maintenance over the holidays and it would just be a shitshow.

  13. #65633
    Elemental Lord Makabreska's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Streets Strange by Moonlight
    Posts
    8,955
    Quote Originally Posted by Sondrelk View Post
    WotLK was definitely the odd one out, but Cata had the Stormwind gates, MoP had the two giant statues, BfA had the Lordaeron gates, and Shadowlands had the giant portal to the Shadowlands.
    It's not strictly speaking the old style of portal, but they all seemed to go for a generic theme of portal or gate, or at the very least some kind of entrance. MoP was definitely a bit more abstract, but with the two statues on either side with their spears crossed you do most definitely have the vague outline of a gate underneath.

    Just seems weird to completely abandon that motif for this one. Not that it's bad by any stretch, but it is a clear departure from previous login screens.
    Man, don't start looking for some weird patterns now, like certain other posters here.
    Sometimes, the light of the moon is a key to other spaces. I've found a place where, for a night or two, the streets curve in unfamiliar ways. If I walk here, I might find insight, or I might be touched by madness.

  14. #65634
    Quote Originally Posted by Luck4 View Post
    I mean, it's not how it usually goes...

    [IMG]

    Back in the day, the closest expansion/raid releases we had for Christmas were:

    * Barely near the holidays. - Wrath of the Lich King: November 14, 2008 - Raids opened the same day.

    Warlords of Draenor: November 13, 2014 - Highmaul opened on December 2, 2014.

    Cataclysm: December 7, 2010 - Raids opened the same day.

    Shadowlands: November 23, 2020 - Castle Nathria opened on December 8, 2020.

    --

    If Blizzard releases Dragonflight on November 28, 2022, and gives us the usual 14-days off-season, the Raid will be opened on December 13, 2022, and Mythic on December 20, 2022, these dates are insane and never before we had a raid release so close to the holiday season. Would be a lot better if the expansion could be released on December 7/8, or 12/13, and the first Season on January 3, 2023.
    Crossed fingers that if we get a launch close to December, that we get a longer wait until the raid opens. Might be a bit annoying to have to wait, but as we saw with Legion, the willingness to delay the launch of the raids from the patch launch pays dividens in spades when it comes to pacing.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Makabreska View Post
    Man, don't look for some weird patterns now, like certain other posters here.
    It's literally one of the most obvious motifs in WoW. I mean honestly, the gate is literally right there. The SL one even has both a gate, AND a portal.
    The world revamp dream will never die!

  15. #65635
    Quote Originally Posted by Makabreska View Post
    They said same for priests. I guess unreleased classes have prio so they can gather first feedback.
    That wouldn't explain why hunter has been receiving updates every week, and warrior just got a major update this week?

  16. #65636
    Elemental Lord Makabreska's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Streets Strange by Moonlight
    Posts
    8,955
    Quote Originally Posted by Sondrelk View Post
    It's literally one of the most obvious motifs in WoW. I mean honestly, the gate is literally right there. The SL one even has both a gate, AND a portal.
    Ye, ye. Motifs, pasterns and The Grand Design.
    Sometimes, the light of the moon is a key to other spaces. I've found a place where, for a night or two, the streets curve in unfamiliar ways. If I walk here, I might find insight, or I might be touched by madness.

  17. #65637
    If you think about it, the "beacon" is sort of the gate/portal, as it opened the way into the Dragon Isles.

  18. #65638
    Quote Originally Posted by klaps_05 View Post
    Congrats to monks, they got a guaranteed raid spot with the new passive 4% leech AND 4% avoidance for the raid.
    All these crazy passive buffs will be such a mess.

  19. #65639
    Quote Originally Posted by stormgust View Post
    That wouldn't explain why hunter has been receiving updates every week, and warrior just got a major update this week?
    Class devs are seemingly given free reign to fix the classes the way they want. The hunter one (who I think also is in charge of Shaman) is just the most active in terms of Blueposts. The Rogue one is not as apparent, but supposedly very active on the class Discords.
    In a sense it's just luck of the draw sadly, some classes got lucky and got great developers who want to do good work, and some like Druid got unlucky and had the developer leave the office, whether for vacation or permanently.

    That being said I think the Warrior one was supposedly in quite a good place comparatively, so that developer might just be focusing on other stuff, they do afterall take care of more than one class at a time.
    The world revamp dream will never die!

  20. #65640
    Brewmaster SunspotAnims's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Georgia, USA
    Posts
    1,285
    Quote Originally Posted by Sondrelk View Post
    One can only hope. Unholy DK is one of those specs that is in fire need of someone to come in and fix the mess. For one maybe they can finally decide whether it's a Necromancer with a sword, or a really confused Arms Warrior that dabbles in Necromancy on the side.

    Might be an unpopular opinion, but if there ever was a class that should make the transition from Melee to Ranged beyond Survival its definitely Unholy. That spec would barely need any changes to become a staff wielding Necromancer.
    I think in theory a carefully-crafted talent tree would make it possible for each player to choose more necromancer or more towards knight, but I doubt it'll happen, at least not currently. Personally I prefer they lean into the necromancer side, mainly because it just matches the theme better and further differentiates the spec from Frost, but also because it's cool.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •