Quote Originally Posted by huth View Post
    Many of them were born before the War of the Ancients. They're still Night Elves, just mutated through the well.

At least Blood Elves are the descendants of the Highborne that left.
    Every human also came from the same place, and yet look at how many different cultures we have.

Quote Originally Posted by Xilurm View Post
    Every human also came from the same place, and yet look at how many different cultures we have.
    That's not really helping your point.

There's definitely a hardcore lore fanbase that wants Night Elves to have more Highborne culture, but based on everything we've seen introduced for Night Elves in the past few years (models, assets, etc) they are retaining their nature theme first and foremost.

I can see a new Nelf city having an area for the Highborne included in their ranks, but as the majority theme? I really doubt it will happen.

That's not really helping your point.
    Why not? Seriously asking. You got all these different kind of elves, with different cultures and stuff, only to ruin that and make them all more alike? What's the point? Why erase race identity like that?

People can argue about how change is good all they want. Many people grew up liking one of the races (either cause of the WC games or during WoW) because of what they are. What would changing that do? If Night Elves become more like the High Elves or more of a Highborne society then what's the point? Might aswell been a High Elf/Blood Elf fan then.

Yes she did. Most Night Elves came from high society back in the day. But that's like saying High Elves came from Night Elves so I bet a lot of them would like to go live in them woods right?
    Except they uh...they did do exactly that. Dath'Remar Sunstrider and the kaldorei Highborne that fled with him went and made the Sunwell, founded Quel'thalas. And took up residence in the Eversong woods with prolific use of rangers. Over time their skin turned pale and the purple went away.

Quote Originally Posted by Shaltharian View Post
    Except they uh...they did do exactly that. Dath'Remar Sunstrider and the kaldorei Highborne that fled with him went and made the Sunwell, founded Quel'thalas. And took up residence in the Eversong woods with prolific use of rangers. Over time their skin turned pale and the purple went away.
    You can't compare the Eversong Woods to Ashenvale or literally Northern Kalimdor though. And their city, Silvermoon is way more advanced and luxurious than any Night Elf city after the War.

I dunno. Aestheticslly the buildings are very different, yeah, but living in the woods is still living in the woods. Difference of camping or going to a cozy home somewhere among the trees. The Highborne lived a very luxurious lifestyle, and they took that with them into the new woods, where the kaldorei they left behind wholly embraced druidism.

Quote Originally Posted by Shaltharian View Post
    I dunno. Aestheticslly the buildings are very different, yeah, but living in the woods is still living in the woods. Difference of camping or going to a cozy home somewhere among the trees. The Highborne lived a very luxurious lifestyle, and they took that with them into the new woods, where the kaldorei they left behind wholly embraced druidism.
    That's what I mean. I'm talking about the Night Elves after the War, the High Elves wouldn't go and live like that just because they were Night Elves once.

That's what I mean. I'm talking about the Night Elves after the War, the High Elves wouldn't go and live like that just because they were Night Elves once.
    They'd never have lived like post-war druidic night elves anyway. They were being asked to abandon arcane and their lifestyle, and they vehemently disagreed with that demand. So they packed up and moved house.

Many of them were born before the War of the Ancients. They're still Night Elves, just mutated through the well.

At least Blood Elves are the descendants of the Highborne that left.

Yes, they got heavily mutated by the Nightwell, they changed into what we nowadays call Nightborne.
    Whether or not they lived before that mutation occurred is irrelevant, especially when magic is involved.

Again the thread branches off into useless banter about something or another. Page upon page of "I'm right, you're wrong" c'mon just drop it. Personally, I can't stand elves of any kind so wouldn't bother me if they all went where ever.

Quote Originally Posted by boyzma View Post
    Again the thread branches off into useless banter about something or another. Page upon page of "I'm right, you're wrong" c'mon just drop it. Personally, I can't stand elves of any kind so wouldn't bother me if they all went where ever.
    I will never understand some people's obsession with elves.

Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    I will never understand some people's obsession with elves.
    Oooof man
    Sometimes, the light of the moon is a key to other spaces. I've found a place where, for a night or two, the streets curve in unfamiliar ways. If I walk here, I might find insight, or I might be touched by madness.

Quote Originally Posted by Makabreska View Post
    Oooof man
    The projection . . .

Oooof man
    Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    The projection . . .
    You're delusional if you think my desire for a new ranged/healing class was an obsession.

You're delusional if you think my desire for a new ranged/healing class was an obsession.
    Funnily enough, that's EXACTLY what Varodoc keeps saying about himself.
    Sometimes, the light of the moon is a key to other spaces. I've found a place where, for a night or two, the streets curve in unfamiliar ways. If I walk here, I might find insight, or I might be touched by madness.

Sometimes it got so bad it put the elf megathreads to shame.

Funnily enough, that's EXACTLY what Varodoc keeps saying about himself.
    Except Vardoc pines on about how Elves are the master race, and everything in WoW should be elven-centered. I simply wanted a new interesting class for WoW that wasn't a rehash of previous classes like the Demon Hunter, and felt the Tinker was the obvious choice until HotS and Alexstraza gave us an alternative.

It's hilarious that you believe those situations are equivalent.

This thread never changes.....
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

Quote Originally Posted by Arafal View Post
    Sometimes it got so bad it put the elf megathreads to shame.
    Interesting, considering that I haven't started a Tinker thread in over 4 years...