Quote Originally Posted by Sondrelk View Post
    What kind of argument is that? Yes the sample size is small, but it's still supposed to represent a clear direct correlation with the larger playerbase. If everyone talks about loving the mechanic, then Blizzard should listen to that crowd.
    In this case it's far better to assume those testing are doing their job than assume their feedback is invalid and instead wait for an arbitrary amount of players to start testing.
    It's mostly a misunderstanding of how samples work. If the sample is sufficiently weighed against factors that might change the outcome, it definitely is large enough. Sample size for election polls tends to be way smaller. Problem is that comments on forums and such are never proper samples, as they are invariably biased.

But if a large part of the tester population likes the mechanic, it stands to reason that so will a large part of the live population.

I am not opposed to giving them a small settlement that is reasonable by any means but giving them a full fledged capital that 99% of the player base probably visits less than 10 times and still goes to Stormwind or Orgrimmar seems like a tremendous waste of development time when they could be creating content that people engagement with aka new zones (pvp maps which havent been made for bgs for a long time, dungeons, raids, open world zones with great content that can be repeated or cycled) or revamping old ones.

It isnt that I am anti-capital but the function really is as a hub where you have access to all resources you would want easily so more of a mode of convenience and people tend to congregate at one for each faction for the most part.
    Last edited by Fentawow; 2022-08-09 at 06:14 PM.

7+ Year Old Account
    I mean, the only reason why people keep going to Org and Stormwind is because those are the 2 only easily accessible capitals with proper transportation network and access to necessities.

If the other capitals had access to a properly placed AH and Bank, transmogifier, trainers as well as direct access to the portal room, then people would probably be more spread around.

Formerly known as Arafal

Quote Originally Posted by Arafal View Post
    I mean, the only reason why people keep going to Org and Stormwind is because those are the 2 only easily accessible capitals with proper transportation network and access to necessities.

If the other capitals had access to a properly placed AH and Bank, transmogifier, trainers as well as direct access to the portal room, then people would probably be more spread around.
    Fair enough - but at the same time with a player base that is smaller unless you are on a high pop realm people would still likely congregate in the most used hub for convenience etc. or alternatively the new expansion hub.

Using more of the content they previously developed would be nice but there is just more pressing things in my mind than build entire new cities. I would be much more on board with what you are saying and doing a few relocations here and there which is much less effort to get more cities usable. If that works really well then think about building a true new capital.
    Last edited by Fentawow; 2022-08-09 at 06:31 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fentawow View Post
    Fair enough - but at the same time with a player base that is smaller unless you are on a high pop realm people would still likely congregate in the most used hub for convenience etc. or alternatively the new expansion hub.

Using more of the content they previously developed would be nice but there is just more pressing things in my mind than build entire new cities. I would be much more on board with what you are saying and doing a few relocations here and there which is much less effort to get more cities usable. If that works really well then think about building a true new capital.
    Again by your logic we would have no capital cities using "There's more pressing things to worry about."
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron Lightsong View Post
    Again by your logic we would have no capital cities using "There's more pressing things to worry about."
    I think you are taking my point to an extreme.

My point is how many more than the two big capitals do we need when we have a high traffic expansion hub as well. I agreed with Arafal that the other capitals are not very efficient and could be improved and think that is a better first step than full sending a whole new capital city.

People barely engage with any cities but those so why have more than your main two and the expansion hub. Please stop over exaggerating what I am saying in that you think I am saying no capital cities I am saying we are fine with what we have now and dont need a new forsaken and nelf city but a settlement would be good just dont devote a ton of resources to an expansive darnassus sized city.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fentawow View Post
    I think you are taking my point to an extreme.

My point is how many more than the two big capitals do we need when we have a high traffic expansion hub as well. I agreed with Arafal that the other capitals are not very efficient and could be improved and think that is a better first step than full sending a whole new capital city.

People barely engage with any cities but those so why have more than your main two and the expansion hub. Please stop over exaggerating what I am saying in that you think I am saying no capital cities I am saying we are fine with what we have now and dont need a new forsaken and nelf city but a settlement would be good just dont devote a ton of resources to an expansive darnassus sized city.
    People barely engage with it doesn't mean it should be destroyed because well.....you could remove a hell of a lot. So no, I don't think we should just ignore capital cities and let them rot. A small settlement won't do. These factions or rather races deserve their big capital. Just leaving it be in the argument of "Better stuff to focus on." is a horrible argument.

I mean really a small settlement for the Night Elves and Forsaken? Come on man....nonsense.
    Last edited by Aeluron Lightsong; 2022-08-09 at 06:52 PM.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

I am not saying destroy. Not sure how your getting that from what I am saying but you clearly seem to want a city or over exaggerate what I am getting at than actually engage in the merit of if it even makes sense for Blizzard to allocate resources when they have finite development time.

The story already did that for two I am just saying be thoughtful about how you provide a settlement for them if it isnt going to be used more than 5 times for your average player. I am not certain why you keep saying I want to destroy them when I am saying we have our primaries (where we have our main cities that are used and good) and my first message said if you can make the old ones relevant again story wise sure but otherwise like why give us sub-par experiences with the content people actually engage with when they only have so many people to make or maintain content.

If you are of the mind that for story purposes they need one and they could make content that makes us go there then sure. But if we get another silvermoon city or whatever that kinda is just there and you never go to why?
    Last edited by Fentawow; 2022-08-09 at 07:06 PM.

Other than a HD overhaul, they should expand on the current main capitals. Put a Mag'har/Iron Horde district on Orgrimmar (with new Mag'har NPCs please) along with a goblin one since they sort of got theirs taken away with the introduction of the Horde embassy. Add Dark Iron stuff to Stormwind, and generally try to get more representation out of each race in a way that makes sense.

That would make a lot of sense as opposed to a full city for each race.

Servers down yet? :/

10+ Year Old Account
    Realms are offline !

Quote Originally Posted by Valysar View Post
    Realms are offline !
    Oh...

NEAT!

3+ Year Old Account
    where build REEEEEEEE

Quote Originally Posted by enigma77 View Post
    where build REEEEEEEE
    Still waiting for you to stop asking.

3+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by huth View Post
    Still waiting for you to stop asking.
    Then it will never come out, sorry folks!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by enigma77 View Post
    Then it will never come out, sorry folks!
    Bring out the chains then.

Warrior-Magi

My place lookin like the Ohn'ahran plains, that's for sure lol

1+ Year Old Account
    Which classes will you go for in Dragonflight?

Will you go with one for each class? Each armour type? Each flight? Just the one? Each profession?

3+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Worldshaper View Post
    Which classes will you go for in Dragonflight?

Will you go with one for each class? Each armour type? Each flight? Just the one? Each profession?
    Same as always, Warlock.