Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    It's pretty much this. Alliance was developed at a position of overwhelming strength compared to the Horde back in Vanilla. Which means that within the events of WoW, the balance will always have to weigh against the Alliance because for some reason the devs are pursuing parity.
    Which is frankly stupid. The allure of the Horde was meant for them to be underdogs that fights for their independence against a much stronger adversary.
    Yeah, that's why the Horde aren't losing their characters left and right, am I right? Or how the Horde's answer to Malfurion/Jaina was not neutered to the point that people thought he rerolled into a Warrior.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gurkan View Post
    Yeah, that's why the Horde aren't losing their characters left and right, am I right? Or how the Horde's answer to Malfurion/Jaina was not neutered to the point that people thought he rerolled into a Warrior.
    How are the horde losing characters and the alliance being constantly neutered for the sake of the plot mutually exclusive things?

Formerly known as Arafal

Quote Originally Posted by Gurkan View Post
    Oh my belief is both sides are getting fucked left and right.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Fahrad Wagner View Post
    Yeah exactly and I like the Asian style better for dragons, that's why I am so stoked about this new model hehe! And I agree, it somehow bridges with the rest of the WoW dragons, I really appreciate that
    I do wonder if the Cloud Serpents will be addressed; are they proto dragons who evolved differently? Something else entirely? Are they dragons at all?

7+ Year Old Account
    I do wonder if the Cloud Serpents will be addressed; are they proto dragons who evolved differently? Something else entirely? Are they dragons at all?
    I always thought they were just the spawn of Yu'lon.

Though its always a chicken or egg situation with wild gods.
    Last edited by Raetary; 2022-08-14 at 08:07 PM.

Formerly known as Arafal

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Feali View Post
    I'm not mad about people having the mount. Not at all. It just got boring very fast and it stood out so hard because it was also very big. So every pixel on screen was just golden.
    But thank you for assuming and attacking me straight away. Appreciate it.

- - - Updated - - -

I don't care that it's a store mount. Hell, I bought the mount on day 1 back then. I'm just saying the novelty of it passed really fast.
    I remember I was super hestitent cus of the nature of it being a store mount. But I love gold and my paladin with full mythic chosen of the dead set transmog is missing a golden mount that fits the transmog. Fallen death charger was a nice try, but in wow there just to many colors gold, so nothing matches.

Ended up not buying it, altho its still one of the only gold colors that match it in someway. The animations tho.. that was the dealbreaker for me. Little hands and feet, no ground animation and in general a bit clunky in certain envoirments.
    Last edited by Alanar; 2022-08-14 at 08:30 PM.

It would be nice if each flight had a distinctive body type.
    They are supposed to I believe. All blue dragons are supposed to have the larger wings connected alongside the body like Malygos, and I believe most of the green dragons are supposed to look more like the Epic Edition mount from Dragonflight. A bit weird that they didnt lean more into that with the new dragons, especially given much of it seems to be there to ensure dragons will almost always look unique, even without a custom model.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Arafal View Post

I thought they were supposed to be some kind of ascended breed of lizard, similar to how the Jinyu are an ascended variant of Murloc that evolved because of the vale. Though children of Yu'lon is obviously a strong contender for being correct.
    The world revamp dream will never die!

Quote Originally Posted by Gorsameth View Post
    That one actually had a use if I remember right. First mount that was both ground and air back when they were separate things.
    First mount that coudl be used as a ground mount and flying mount, which scaled with ridign skill and was account wide.

And it was paid mount from the cash shop. Not good optics.

demon hunters and monks come this tuesday....idk how to feel about it
    on one hand it seems the longer we wait the more they can put overall feedback to work
    on the other hand the monk designer hasnt changed anything in like 4 years and every time we get something back it is in a gimped version of the past and WW clones have been bugged for 6 years

Quote Originally Posted by Forum Man View Post
    on one hand it seems the longer we wait the more they can put overall feedback to work
    on the other hand the monk designer hasnt changed anything in like 4 years and every time we get something back it is in a gimped version of the past and WW clones have been bugged for 6 years
    They could give us Monks this week (due to datamining) and Demon Hunter next week. I might have missed that, has there been any extensive datamining of DHs yet?

What frustrates me is that several classes have SO MUCH dev feedback already (Hunter, Shaman) and other classes have gotten not one or more than just one pretty meaningless blue post since their talent trees went live. Why so? I find this really concerning.
    MAGA - Make Alliance Great Again

I expect Monks this week and then next week DH and beta.

7+ Year Old Account
    I wonder how long until we get the priest changes.

Formerly known as Arafal

7+ Year Old Account
    Same here.
    Sometimes, the light of the moon is a key to other spaces. I've found a place where, for a night or two, the streets curve in unfamiliar ways. If I walk here, I might find insight, or I might be touched by madness.

This pretty much. So unrelated to protodragons I'd assume, although that new model might serve as a missing link in the evolution chain.

They are referenced as dragons in multiple occasions. Nalak is specifically called a storm dragon, they are called dragons in the Koak short story, Yu'lon's temple has an area called "Terrace of the Twin Dragons", the mount journal notes "Heavenly Crimson Cloud Serpents are considered to be among the noblest of dragons."

Cloud serpents are intelligent and many of them speak with us. Perhaps they are the Life-based evolution of proto dragons where Aspects are the arcane version.

I expect Monks this week and then next week DH and beta.
    Chi explosion and a talent to make Clones behave like WoD

Guard or old ISB

Full fistweaving

This is my only wishlist

They are referenced as dragons in multiple occasions. Nalak is specifically called a storm dragon, they are called dragons in the Koak short story, Yu'lon's temple has an area called "Terrace of the Twin Dragons", the mount journal notes "Heavenly Crimson Cloud Serpents are considered to be among the noblest of dragons."

Cloud serpents are intelligent and many of them speak with us. Perhaps they are the Life-based evolution of proto dragons where Aspects are the arcane version.
    Makes sense that they are still connected somehow to the proto drakes. They even mainly consist of green, red, blue, bronze and red breeds with a small population of thundering and heavenly serpents.

Chi explosion and a talent to make Clones behave like WoD

Guard or old ISB

Full fistweaving

This is my only wishlist
    They should revert monk to the state of wod and start working from there. I wasn't the biggest fan of guard back then, but my god was monk fun to play in all specs back then.
    Last edited by Foolicious; 2022-08-15 at 09:51 AM.

Rumour has it the developer in charge of Druid and Priest left the company, which would explain the absence of anything substantial.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Nyel View Post
    They could give us Monks this week (due to datamining) and Demon Hunter next week. I might have missed that, has there been any extensive datamining of DHs yet?

What frustrates me is that several classes have SO MUCH dev feedback already (Hunter, Shaman) and other classes have gotten not one or more than just one pretty meaningless blue post since their talent trees went live. Why so? I find this really concerning.
    Different developers are essentially given free reign to develop the classes. The hunter and shaman one does that by being active in the forum's, answering questions. The rogue one I hear is fairly active on the discord, just not in making blueposts, and the druid and priest one is supposedly no longer with the company.

It's extremely annoying to anyone not playing one of the lucky classes like hunter, but at least it makes it blatantly obvious which developers get praise and which ones don't, and how to fix it.
    The world revamp dream will never die!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Foolicious View Post
    They should revert monk to the state of wod and start working from there. I wasn't the biggest fan of guard back then, but my god was monk fun to play in all specs back then.
    And by WoD you obviously mean MoP.

Quote Originally Posted by Sondrelk View Post
    Rumour has it the developer in charge of Druid and Priest left the company, which would explain the absence of anything substantial.

- - - Updated - - -

Different developers are essentially given free reign to develop the classes. The hunter and shaman one does that by being active in the forum's, answering questions. The rogue one I hear is fairly active on the discord, just not in making blueposts, and the druid and priest one is supposedly no longer with the company.

It's extremely annoying to anyone not playing one of the lucky classes like hunter, but at least it makes it blatantly obvious which developers get praise and which ones don't, and how to fix it.
    So the classes will be completely fucked over for Dragonflight then?

Well, time to really consider rerolling Evoker. I just hope I can get into beta to test it out before release.

Quote Originally Posted by Feali View Post
    And by WoD you obviously mean MoP.
    I think Monk was great in both expansions, especially WW and MW (never played BM). Since Legion the class feels hollow and boring.
    MAGA - Make Alliance Great Again