1. #65841
    Quote Originally Posted by Makorus View Post
    I mean, Teldrassil was in a place no one visits because it's in the middle of nowhere.

    I don't understand your point.
    Yeah but you could visit it any time you wanted. Because it was there from level one. Considering how they are doing levelling nowdays, the Dragon Isles will just get passed by in two expansions.

    "Oh yes we have a capital somewhere, not sure how to get there though."

  2. #65842
    Reforged Gone Wrong The Stormbringer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    ...location, location!
    Posts
    13,875
    Quote Originally Posted by Lahis View Post
    And Night Elves and Forsaken ended up like that.

    No capital beyond Orgrimmar and Stormwind matter.
    *gasp!* You take that back! Ironforge and Silvermoon are very important!

  3. #65843
    Quote Originally Posted by Xilurm View Post
    Yeah but you could visit it any time you wanted. Because it was there from level one. Considering how they are doing levelling nowdays, the Dragon Isles will just get passed by in two expansions.

    "Oh yes we have a capital somewhere, not sure how to get there though."
    But in two expansions time, Dragon Isles will scale anyway, so you can get there at, well, not quite Level 1, but early enough anyway.


    I'd rather have some interesting storytelling rather than "has to be right there again because it used to be there!"

  4. #65844
    Pandaren Monk Tartys's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Location
    Italy - EU
    Posts
    1,781
    Quote Originally Posted by Xilurm View Post
    Awesome.... A tree no Night Elf player will see unless they specifically level through this expansion in the future.

    Unless of course they make this into the starting zone for Nelves further down the line. Phasing is a thing and it could work very well.
    Only Hero class have a separate starting zone.

    By now all the new characters are sent to Exile's Reach. So, probably after this expansion, when you have done in Exile's Reach, the new NE will be sent back in his new Elf to meet Chromie to hendle the temporal paradox.

    Even if its a matter of the bronze dragonflight, isnt working very well, but by now our narrative expectation are low.

    Also, actually we dont know for sure if that World Tree will became also the new NE city... maybe a branch will be used to recreate Terdrassil, just like in the past... and that world Tree in dragon island will be the gataway for the Emerald dream/Anderwald...
    Last edited by Tartys; 2022-08-10 at 02:03 PM.
    Argus in 2018 My prediction failed in part... But I'm still a Spacegoat

  5. #65845
    Quote Originally Posted by Arafal View Post
    https://twitter.com/MrGMYT/status/15...2Uu_1BFNA&s=19

    Ranked solo arena queue is now a thing.
    Thats awesome, I may now do Arena's as if I fail i'll know it was my own fault.

    Edit
    I misunderstood it, but still this is a good thing.

  6. #65846
    Void Lord Aeluron Lightsong's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    In some Sanctuaryesque place or a Haven
    Posts
    43,905
    Quote Originally Posted by Makorus View Post
    But in two expansions time, Dragon Isles will scale anyway, so you can get there at, well, not quite Level 1, but early enough anyway.


    I'd rather have some interesting storytelling rather than "has to be right there again because it used to be there!"
    I still don't think the new capital should be on the Dragon Isles. No thanks
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

    Warrior-Magi

  7. #65847
    The Unstoppable Force Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Location
    Land of moose and goose.
    Posts
    20,422
    Man blizzard must really hate night elf’s, destroying all the settlements in dark shore and ashenvale wasn’t enough, destroying Teldrassil wasn’t enough, killing the majority of there population wasn’t enough, better kill there Co lead to.
    All I ever wanted was the truth. Remember those words as you read the ones that follow. I never set out to topple my father's kingdom of lies from a sense of misplaced pride. I never wanted to bleed the species to its marrow, reaving half the galaxy clean of human life in this bitter crusade. I never desired any of this, though I know the reasons for which it must be done. But all I ever wanted was the truth.

  8. #65848
    So Malfurion bites it, eh?

    Meh. After all this time I feel nothing.

    I'm more annoyed at Ysera coming back so quickly.

  9. #65849
    Stood in the Fire Berkilak's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    The Green Chapel
    Posts
    369
    Quote Originally Posted by Lorgar Aurelian View Post
    Man blizzard must really hate night elf’s, destroying all the settlements in dark shore and ashenvale wasn’t enough, destroying Teldrassil wasn’t enough, killing the majority of there population wasn’t enough, better kill there Co lead to.
    Modern writers seem to confuse character death with narrative development.

  10. #65850
    Void Lord Aeluron Lightsong's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    In some Sanctuaryesque place or a Haven
    Posts
    43,905
    Quote Originally Posted by Berkilak View Post
    Modern writers seem to confuse character death with narrative development.
    "Stakes man. Gotta have stakes." Or something like that. The argument I've seen is well


    "Death has to matter" or something like that....despite the fact in said universe characters do often die and their influence is gone.


    Edit: This is all presuming this is old information and not out of date.
    Last edited by Aeluron Lightsong; 2022-08-10 at 02:45 PM.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

    Warrior-Magi

  11. #65851
    Moderator Aucald's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Philadelphia, PA-US
    Posts
    39,789
    Quote Originally Posted by Kiivar86 View Post
    So Malfurion bites it, eh?

    Meh. After all this time I feel nothing.

    I'm more annoyed at Ysera coming back so quickly.
    I would much rather see Merithra become Aspect in Ysera's stead, as Kalecgos did when Malygos was killed. Not only would I prefer Malfurion not to be stuffed in the proverbial cooler, but having Ysera snap back to life also cheapens her death in Legion even more than her continued existence in Ardenweald did.

    My optimistic hope here is that this turn in the story is placeholder Alpha plot stuff that will get revised in Live. We'll see, I suppose.
    WHAT CAN THE HARVEST HOPE FOR, IF NOT THE CARE OF THE REAPER MAN?. - Terry Pratchett, Reaper Man

  12. #65852
    I assume this narrative decision is based on everyone on social media loving ickle wittle Ysera and not really caring about Malfurion. I haven't heard anyone talk about him for years until he's now "dying".

    However, the fact that they thought the gaslit crazy Nelf fanbase could take anything short of a backrub and a foot massage now is bewildering.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    I would much rather see Merithra become Aspect in Ysera's stead, as Kalecgos did when Malygos was killed. Not only would I prefer Malfurion not to be stuffed in the proverbial cooler, but having Ysera snap back to life also cheapens her death in Legion even more than her continued existence in Ardenweald did.

    My optimistic hope here is that this turn in the story is placeholder Alpha plot stuff that will get revised in Live. We'll see, I suppose.
    Considering this got leaked at all, and there are basically no other story leaks, its probably a sign from some disgruntled devs for people to start kicking up shit and get it changed.

  13. #65853
    Stood in the Fire Berkilak's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    The Green Chapel
    Posts
    369
    Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron Lightsong View Post
    "Stakes man. Gotta have stakes." Or something like that.
    Characters deaths can definitely punctuate the dramatic potency of a specific narrative development. The icing on the cake, as it were. But there's so much that goes into make that death matter - a "cake" that is entirely icing is not a cake at all.

  14. #65854
    Moderator Aucald's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Philadelphia, PA-US
    Posts
    39,789
    Quote Originally Posted by Cheezits View Post
    Considering this got leaked at all, and there are basically no other story leaks, its probably a sign internally for people to start kicking up shit and get it changed.
    Well, there have been lots of story leaks thus far as concerns Dragonflight's ongoing story, from the return of Sabellian/Sablemane to the general story beats of each of the Alpha zones. I'd say this is one of the more important nuggets, though; and I'm all for open criticism of it as it stands. I'd just hazard caution before picking up the torches and pitchforks, though; as the Alpha/Beta story is always subject to alteration without warning. Kind of like how Taran Zhu died during the Dread Wastes leveling content in the MoP Beta, which obviously isn't what happens at all in the Live version.
    WHAT CAN THE HARVEST HOPE FOR, IF NOT THE CARE OF THE REAPER MAN?. - Terry Pratchett, Reaper Man

  15. #65855
    Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    Well, there have been lots of story leaks thus far as concerns Dragonflight's ongoing story, from the return of Sabellian/Sablemane to the general story beats of each of the Alpha zones.
    AFAIK, this is the first leak we have of post-Raid content. The quest storyline ends with the Vault opening, so unless the max-level campaign takes place during the raid this is our first real leak of what should be encrypted content.

  16. #65856
    Void Lord Aeluron Lightsong's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    In some Sanctuaryesque place or a Haven
    Posts
    43,905
    I assume this narrative decision is based on everyone on social media loving ickle wittle Ysera and not really caring about Malfurion. I haven't heard anyone talk about him for years until he's now "dying".
    Because they don't use him...minus during the war of Thorns for a short period then dropping him fast. Then supposedly offing him 2 years later? IMO its a waste of a character.


    Characters deaths can definitely punctuate the dramatic potency of a specific narrative development. The icing on the cake, as it were. But there's so much that goes into make that death matter - a "cake" that is entirely icing is not a cake at all.
    And I would say just offing a random character for no reason other than shock value is a waste. Note I'm not part of the "WOE is us"/ "RAAAAAAAAAAAAAAGE THEY HATE US NELF FANS" crowd. I just don't see a point in wasting characters not that its NEVER happened before.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

    Warrior-Magi

  17. #65857
    Moderator Aucald's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Philadelphia, PA-US
    Posts
    39,789
    Quote Originally Posted by Cheezits View Post
    AFAIK, this is the first leak we have of post-Raid content. The quest storyline ends with the Vault opening, so unless the max-level campaign takes place during the raid this is our first real leak of what should be encrypted content.
    Which, in my view, also makes this reveal a bit more sketchy than the rest.
    WHAT CAN THE HARVEST HOPE FOR, IF NOT THE CARE OF THE REAPER MAN?. - Terry Pratchett, Reaper Man

  18. #65858
    On an arguably more interesting note, the Decay Gnoll dungeon boss pulls a Xymok and runs away from her fight. Heavy implications that Decay will be the theme of a future patch and may tie into whatever was going on with Galakrond turning gross and Death-y.

    https://twitter.com/portergauge/stat...PxwQlPZamMASyA

  19. #65859
    Quote Originally Posted by Hugnomo View Post
    Unless people are trolling on the subreddit, it appears the sacrifice required for Ysera's return ... is to exchange places with Malfurion.
    Lol RiP Bozo! Did fuck all since Cata.

  20. #65860
    Also, if there is a Decay patch, that may be why we need Ysera back: it could take place in the Dream and they wanted a dragon character to be the main guide.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •