1. #65941
    The Lightbringer Lady Atia's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Join Date
    Nov 2015
    Location
    The Rumour Tower
    Posts
    3,389
    Quote Originally Posted by Makabreska View Post
    Nope. Blizz explicitly said that they give up and wont be trying to challenge WF raiders any more. Also, last three were actually tuned well, according to raiders. It was Halondrus and 2nd final boss Anduin combined with everything else.
    This. The tuning of the bosses they didn't test was better than the others lol. The only real big issue was the Jailer Mythic shield in the last phase and they wouldn't have tested that anyways.

    Also iirc they didn't really test the fated raids? Which also turned out quite ok tuning wise imo. It's just so much better if you have to go in blind the first week and figure out tactics on your own instead of being forced to either play ptr or watch videos from it.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Sondrelk View Post
    We might see it, but likely just in Mythic, and even probably just with the last few bosses. I imagine Blizzard might be aiming for RWF being difficult by virtue of the bosses being completely untested on the PTR to ensure raiders need to adapt on the fly, rather than being difficult by just adding more mechanics to ensure raiders are still challenged with full knowledge.

    Heroic is the difficulty I am the most concerned about. Mythic raiders are a tiny amount of the story layer population, whereas NM and HC are a fairly substantial amount, and the difficulty for those players is likely where Blizzard took the biggest hit.
    Which is the way to go honestly. It makes for a far better watch experience for the RtWF too - instead of seeing guilds perform their already rehearsed tactics including already finished weak auras (!) you will have guilds having to figure out what to do in a live environment.

    #TEAMGIRAFFE

  2. #65942
    Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    When the Sylvanas cinematics leaked, she tweeted she had no idea.
    I see. I searched for some info and it seems that Golden is no longer working for Blizzard (no longer part of the team, she will probably write more books).

    But it is so terrible that they work like that. How can we have a decent story under these conditions?

    Anyway, really excited to see Vengeance DH talent tree tonight, as I made a new account for SL and I am maining one.

    Also Gamescom starts tonight right? I guess that we will get a Beta date for DF in the coming days and hopefully some extra surprise.
    Do not take life too seriously. You will never get out of it alive.


  3. #65943
    Pandaren Monk Tartys's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Location
    Italy - EU
    Posts
    1,796
    Quote Originally Posted by Darkarath View Post
    Also Gamescom starts tonight right? I guess that we will get a Beta date for DF in the coming days and hopefully some extra surprise.


    Activision Blizzard are not taking part of the Gamescom... or you mean during the Xbox event?
    Last edited by Tartys; 2022-08-23 at 02:36 PM.
    Argus in 2018 My prediction failed in part... But I'm still a Spacegoat

  4. #65944
    Quote Originally Posted by Tartys View Post
    Activision Blizzard are not taking part of the Gamescom... or you mean during the Xbox event?
    No? Ohhhh that is dissapointing
    Do not take life too seriously. You will never get out of it alive.


  5. #65945
    The Lightbringer Lady Atia's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Join Date
    Nov 2015
    Location
    The Rumour Tower
    Posts
    3,389
    Quote Originally Posted by Tartys View Post
    Activision Blizzard are not taking part of the Gamescom... or you mean during the Xbox event?
    That's so weird. I remember being there when they had the legion cafe .... without blizzard I wouldn't have got tickets for gamescom in the first place.

    #TEAMGIRAFFE

  6. #65946
    Quote Originally Posted by Darkarath View Post
    No? Ohhhh that is dissapointing
    Quote Originally Posted by Lady Atia View Post
    That's so weird. I remember being there when they had the legion cafe .... without blizzard I wouldn't have got tickets for gamescom in the first place.
    Gamescom is pretty boring this year, most major players are not attending; Activistion-Blizzard isn't, Nintendo isn't and afaik Sony isn't attending either. So there's nothing major to expect anyway. The new Assassin's Creed - if Ubisoft announces it - might be the biggest thing from Gamescom this year - and that's only a spin-off title and not a fully fledged AC.
    MAGA - Make Alliance Great Again

  7. #65947
    Pandaren Monk Tartys's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Location
    Italy - EU
    Posts
    1,796
    Quote Originally Posted by Darkarath View Post
    No? Ohhhh that is dissapointing
    Yes, but now mostly Softco has its own conference, so events such as E3 or Gamescom are going out of date... and covid dont help.


    Btw, looking at ther bio on twitter Golden is still:Blizzard employee... but maybe she is working on a different IP or at the book related to Dragonflight... as far i know she was working with the cinematic team
    Last edited by Tartys; 2022-08-23 at 02:54 PM.
    Argus in 2018 My prediction failed in part... But I'm still a Spacegoat

  8. #65948
    The Unstoppable Force Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Location
    Land of moose and goose.
    Posts
    24,734
    Quote Originally Posted by Darkarath View Post
    I see. I searched for some info and it seems that Golden is no longer working for Blizzard (no longer part of the team, she will probably write more books).

    But it is so terrible that they work like that. How can we have a decent story under these conditions?

    Anyway, really excited to see Vengeance DH talent tree tonight, as I made a new account for SL and I am maining one.

    Also Gamescom starts tonight right? I guess that we will get a Beta date for DF in the coming days and hopefully some extra surprise.
    Unless there was another tweet golden clarified that when she said she had no idea about 9.2 she meant the ingame aspects not the story ones as she is not and has never been part of the ingame team and is on another supporting team which writes for all of blizzards games.

    As per her Twitter she is also still at blizzard. https://mobile.twitter.com/ChristieGolden
    All I ever wanted was the truth. Remember those words as you read the ones that follow. I never set out to topple my father's kingdom of lies from a sense of misplaced pride. I never wanted to bleed the species to its marrow, reaving half the galaxy clean of human life in this bitter crusade. I never desired any of this, though I know the reasons for which it must be done. But all I ever wanted was the truth.

  9. #65949
    Quote Originally Posted by Lorgar Aurelian View Post
    Unless there was another tweet golden clarified that when she said she had no idea about 9.2 she meant the ingame aspects not the story ones as she is not and has never been part of the ingame team and is on another supporting team which writes for all of blizzards games.

    As per her Twitter she is also still at blizzard. https://mobile.twitter.com/ChristieGolden
    Oh I do not know. This is what I found in Google:

    https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.1ne...140049%3famp=1

    She wrote that tweet, then she erased it and wrote that she was talking about in game aspects, which I do not buy at all.

    She also said in that tweet that she is no longer part of the WoW team, which is why I thought that she was not with Blizzard anymore.
    Last edited by Darkarath; 2022-08-23 at 03:02 PM.
    Do not take life too seriously. You will never get out of it alive.


  10. #65950
    The Unstoppable Force Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Location
    Land of moose and goose.
    Posts
    24,734
    Quote Originally Posted by Darkarath View Post
    Oh I do not know. This is what I found in Google:

    https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.1ne...140049%3famp=1

    She wrote that tweet, then she erased it and wrote that she was talking about in game aspects, which I do not buy at all.

    She also said in that tweet that she is no longer part of the WoW team, which is why I thought that she was not with Blizzard anymore.
    Look at the date of that article it came out in Nov when we got the 9.2 reveal which showed no story stuff, the sylvanas one came out in in Dec.

    She’s also has never been on the wow team, here’s a tweet from 2018 about it.
    I am not "in charge" of the WoW story. I don't even work for the WoW team, I work for CDev/SFD, where I interact with all the game teams. I do not direct where the game is going. I write cinematics, novels/novellas, song lyrics (Hearthstone yay) and comics,
    https://mobile.twitter.com/christieg...98236299653120
    All I ever wanted was the truth. Remember those words as you read the ones that follow. I never set out to topple my father's kingdom of lies from a sense of misplaced pride. I never wanted to bleed the species to its marrow, reaving half the galaxy clean of human life in this bitter crusade. I never desired any of this, though I know the reasons for which it must be done. But all I ever wanted was the truth.

  11. #65951
    Quote Originally Posted by Lorgar Aurelian View Post
    Look at the date of that article it came out in Nov when we got the 9.2 reveal which showed no story stuff, the sylvanas one came out in in Dec.

    She’s also has never been on the wow team, here’s a tweet from 2018 about it.

    https://mobile.twitter.com/christieg...98236299653120
    Thanks, that tweet clarifies things. I want to believe that there is an ongoing comminication between Golden and Danuser to help her write books.
    Do not take life too seriously. You will never get out of it alive.


  12. #65952
    The Lightbringer Lady Atia's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Join Date
    Nov 2015
    Location
    The Rumour Tower
    Posts
    3,389
    Quote Originally Posted by Darkarath View Post
    Thanks, that tweet clarifies things. I want to believe that there is an ongoing comminication between Golden and Danuser to help her write books.
    The way these books are written is that the writers usually get an overview with characters and plot points that they have to follow through, although they are allowed to flash out and add stuff - although they have to ask for permission when they want to use certain characters. Christie f.e. had to ask for Calia to be used in BtS.

    #TEAMGIRAFFE

  13. #65953
    Dreadlord Berkilak's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    The Green Chapel
    Posts
    918
    Quote Originally Posted by Darkarath View Post
    Thanks, that tweet clarifies things. I want to believe that there is an ongoing comminication between Golden and Danuser to help her write books.
    Honestly, I think both should be using WoWpedia as a resource.

  14. #65954
    The Unstoppable Force Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Location
    Land of moose and goose.
    Posts
    24,734
    Quote Originally Posted by Berkilak View Post
    Honestly, I think both should be using WoWpedia as a resource.
    Wowpedia has a lot of flaws rather they be info left out or people adding there own fanfic.

    I’d dread to think that blizzard doesn’t have a more accurate data base.
    All I ever wanted was the truth. Remember those words as you read the ones that follow. I never set out to topple my father's kingdom of lies from a sense of misplaced pride. I never wanted to bleed the species to its marrow, reaving half the galaxy clean of human life in this bitter crusade. I never desired any of this, though I know the reasons for which it must be done. But all I ever wanted was the truth.

  15. #65955
    Dreadlord Berkilak's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    The Green Chapel
    Posts
    918
    Quote Originally Posted by Lorgar Aurelian View Post
    Wowpedia has a lot of flaws rather they be info left out or people adding there own fanfic.

    I’d dread to think that blizzard doesn’t have a more accurate data base.
    At the very least, it is annotated so you can actually check on the validity of stuff. Much like Wikipedia, it's a great starting point. I doubt they have anything in-house. Or we wouldn't wind up with stuff like the Dragonmaw Clan showing up to a meeting that happened before the Orcs ever actually encountered dragons.

  16. #65956
    The Lightbringer Lady Atia's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Join Date
    Nov 2015
    Location
    The Rumour Tower
    Posts
    3,389
    Quote Originally Posted by Berkilak View Post
    At the very least, it is annotated so you can actually check on the validity of stuff. Much like Wikipedia, it's a great starting point. I doubt they have anything in-house. Or we wouldn't wind up with stuff like the Dragonmaw Clan showing up to a meeting that happened before the Orcs ever actually encountered dragons.
    The dragonmaw are named after rylaks, not Azeroth's dragons.

    #TEAMGIRAFFE

  17. #65957
    Dreadlord Berkilak's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    The Green Chapel
    Posts
    918
    Quote Originally Posted by Lady Atia View Post
    The dragonmaw are named after rylaks, not Azeroth's dragons.
    Rylaks didn't even exist until WoD. And the Dragonmaw Clan didn't even exist in the alternate Draenor. That is simply a clumsy retcon that was made because of these slip ups. Originally, the Dragonmaw Clan was put together by the Blackrock Clan as an elite force of the Horde's top shamans, dedicated to overseeing the new dragon-taming initiative. It did not exist until the Second War. No matter how many "Nelghor-Shomashs" you throw at it.

  18. #65958
    The Unstoppable Force Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Location
    Land of moose and goose.
    Posts
    24,734
    Quote Originally Posted by Berkilak View Post
    At the very least, it is annotated so you can actually check on the validity of stuff. Much like Wikipedia, it's a great starting point. I doubt they have anything in-house. Or we wouldn't wind up with stuff like the Dragonmaw Clan showing up to a meeting that happened before the Orcs ever actually encountered dragons.
    The problem with wowpedia though is that you pretty much have to check every line of text for validity, nothing can be taken at face value because people will add random incorrect stuff in with canon stuff that you wouldn’t know is wrong if you didn’t check the sources your self and the citations are often really vague.

    One example that comes to mind is the Cenarion Circle where it says that they are outside of the command of Tyranda and ruled by a council which includes Cenarius and has a link to a short story as a source. But if you read through the short story all it actually says is that they are outside the command of Tyranda and it never mentions any council let alone the fact that Cenarius is notable not part of the circle telling malfurion in Curse of the worgen that he will not join and will not lead and that it was up to malfurion and the others to make there own choices.

    Some one randomly added the line about Cenarius being a leader and if you didn’t read the random worgen comic you wouldn’t even know it was wrong as his roll in the circle never comes up any where else and wowpedia likely has hundreds of things like that.
    All I ever wanted was the truth. Remember those words as you read the ones that follow. I never set out to topple my father's kingdom of lies from a sense of misplaced pride. I never wanted to bleed the species to its marrow, reaving half the galaxy clean of human life in this bitter crusade. I never desired any of this, though I know the reasons for which it must be done. But all I ever wanted was the truth.

  19. #65959
    Dreadlord Berkilak's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    The Green Chapel
    Posts
    918
    Quote Originally Posted by Lorgar Aurelian View Post
    The problem with wowpedia though is that you pretty much have to check every line of text for validity, nothing can be taken at face value because people will add random incorrect stuff in with canon stuff that you wouldn’t know is wrong if you didn’t check the sources your self and the citations are often really vague.

    One example that comes to mind is the Cenarion Circle where it says that they are outside of the command of Tyranda and ruled by a council which includes Cenarius and has a link to a short story as a source. But if you read through the short story all it actually says is that they are outside the command of Tyranda and it never mentions any council let alone the fact that Cenarius is notable not part of the circle telling malfurion in Curse of the worgen that he will not join and will not lead and that it was up to malfurion and the others to make there own choices.

    Some one randomly added the line about Cenarius being a leader and if you didn’t read the random worgen comic you wouldn’t even know it was wrong as his roll in the circle never comes up any where else and wowpedia likely has hundreds of things like that.
    I don't disagree that it's problematic. But it is better than not checking anything at all.

  20. #65960
    The Unstoppable Force Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Location
    Land of moose and goose.
    Posts
    24,734
    Quote Originally Posted by Berkilak View Post
    I don't disagree that it's problematic. But it is better than not checking anything at all.
    Well ya but those aren’t the only two options blizzard should have copy’s of all The work they have published so even if they don’t have a build data base they would be better off just going through relevant works instead of going through wowpedia where they are gonna get a lot of incorrect info and then have to go through all the same works any way and pick out what parts were added by fans.
    All I ever wanted was the truth. Remember those words as you read the ones that follow. I never set out to topple my father's kingdom of lies from a sense of misplaced pride. I never wanted to bleed the species to its marrow, reaving half the galaxy clean of human life in this bitter crusade. I never desired any of this, though I know the reasons for which it must be done. But all I ever wanted was the truth.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •